Where's Your Home When You Have Not A Heart?

Part 8

Amelia struggled to pull her suitcase down the road towards the alley that she so freshly remembered as the mysterious place where she had first met the vampire. Her heart was beating out of her chest and as she ran down the street excitedly. She decided she had no time to adjust the dress she was wearing to an appropriate level of atire.

She scampered quickly past the tavern, knowing that her figure, her clothes, and her hair would make her out as some sort of early night whore. She settled down once she arrived in the dark and empty alleyway, settling her suitcase down beside her, she would have to become accustomed to the heavy weight of the suitcase she had brought.

A sound, like the gust of wind had shifted through the air. Amelia didn't shutter. Instead, she stated, "You can't surprise me. I know your type."

"You mean like... the vampire type? Or the personality type? Or the looks type? What do you mean," Seth asked in confusion.

Amelia just giggled and stood to her feet grabbing her suitcase off the sidewalk.

Seth cleared his throat, glancing awkwardly at her chest and down. Amelia awkwardly giggled and dropped her things, finally taking the time to adjust her clothes and hair so that she was presentable. Seth had decided that this would take getting used to- and she wasn't much of a lady... more like a restless child.

"Let's go," he ordered, turning towards the sidewalk, not bothering to wait for her. He had come to the conclusion that she would change her lifestyle to suit his- it was, afterall, her idea to come with him.

"Where are we going?"

"Somewhere."

"Where," Amelia stated.

"I don't know presently. Now shush and let me think."

"But where are we going?"

Seth half wanted to laugh, but the other half was already wanting to stranggle her. "I don't know! Now let me think or I'll... leave you here."

"Your vocabulary isn't that large when you're frustrated, is it?"

"No," he stated. "More or less annoyed."

"Oh." Amelia got the hint and slowed down her pace, stepping back to let Seth think alone.

"Common, don't doddle now," Seth stated with a smirk on his face, seeing the look on hers.

This was going to be an adventure...