Status: Waiting For Mrsletang

A Shot at Love With the Face of the NHL

Sidney Crosby; The Beginning

Ever been lonely? So lonely that every bone in your body aches for company? It has been 2 years 10 days 6 hours & 25 minutes since she left. I tell myself everyday If she came back & asked me to be hers I would without hesitation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I yawned as I sat looking over the contract for the third time. The contract my agent had previously given to me. "Sid this is some good publicity" were his words of encouragement. My ads for Reebok Gatorade & Tim Horton's weren't enough? I dedicated all my free time to my sponsors & now VH1 wants to steal my summer away too, for a stupid love show. All I wanted to do was play hockey, this extra stuff was never part of the plan.

"Hi Sidney" Hannah said wrapping me in a warm hug as I entered her & Marc-Andres house. They were the couple everyone wanted to be. They had practically been married since Marc gave her his ring pop under the willow tree in his backyard 15 years ago. It's no surprise that at 22 she has the real thing, a big diamond ring plastered to her left ring finger.

"how have you been? I asked kindly as I slipped my zig tech shoes off. Doing their ads had it's perks.

"good, the boys are in the den if you want to head on in there." she stated as we walked side by side through her living room.

"aren't you going to come?" I asked. She was the kind of girl to kick back with us guys & enjoy a game of call of duty every now & then.

"yeah after I finish the poutine for you guys." she stated before heading towards the kitchen. Hannah made the best poutine ever, no one else's came close. She'd slice her own potatoes & she'd get a certain gravy & cheese curd that practically tasted just like ones in Quebec. It was a miracle that flower wasn't heavier, with all the good home cooked meals she fed him.

"hey guys" I said as I entered the room where Flower, Staalsy, Tanger, & Kuni sat with their eyes glued to the TV. It took a few minutes before they even acknowledged the fact that I was there.

"got you!" Tanger screamed getting over excited at the fact that he had killed kuni.

"damn it, stop killing me." he replied a little aggravated before he was shot down again this time by Jordan "yeah, I quit here Sidney, you play" he stated tossing me the wireless remote.

"actually, I didn't come to play video games today." I said pausing the game as they all turned to look at me. "I have something to run by you, I'm not sure if it's the best idea & if I do decide to do it I may need your help" I rambled on.

"just tell us what it is already" Kuni said as I looked down at the papers I had pulled from my pocket. After a moment of silence I spoke.

"VH1 wants me to do a dating show" I stated not making eye contact with any of them. Not even Hannah who had squeezed on to the couch between the two frenchies.

"your joking right?" Kuni asked as he crossed his arms.

"nope, & my agent thinks it's a good idea." I replied.

"you mean like rock of love & I love New York?" Jordan asked as he stared at the paused TV screen & continued to press buttons like he was playing the game.

"I guess." I started to talk before getting cut off.

"but it's going to have some insanely clever name & stuff right?" Hannah asked becoming excited.

"what do you mean?" Fleury asked her.

"like 'a chance to score with Sidney Crosby'" she said drawing a line in the air as if she was reading something. "& then he give out jerseys with the girls names on them" she continued to ramble off ideas.

"this is good stuff" Tanger said as he began to scoot to the edge of the couch. "Hannah write this down"

"Tanger unlike you my wife has a great memory." Fleury said picking on him as Kris stuck his tongue out.

"so, should I do it?" I asked curious as to what there opinion would be.

"Sid, the real question here is do you want to do it." kuni replied as everyone sat in silence waiting for my answer.

"well" I paused "I wouldn't take it seriously like the people on the bachelor, I mean I'm happy & content being single right now." I continued to explain "but it might be fun, plus I have all summer"

"yeah, then maybe people will stop spreading rumors that your gay" Jordan said laughing at himself before Hannah smacked him in the back of the head. "i was just joking" he chimed in as I nodded my head letting out a little chuckle.

"I think you should do it & if you decide to me & Marc are behind you 100%" Hannah said, speaking for her & Flower.

"you know we got your back" Jordan said as he spoke for the rest of them.

"Nous marchons ensemble" Tanger whispered as a smile crept across my face.

"No matter what" I replied before sitting down next to Jordan. "How about a game or two of Call of Duty?" I asked before unpausing the game. It had become late faster then usual. Kuni went home to his wife & kid, Staal & Tanger had went back to their apartment, the apartment they had been sharing for a little over a year, & Hannah had decided to go to sleep leaving me & flower.

"I should get going." I said killing him one last time before standing up & stretching as did Fleury.

"Okay, be sure to let us know if you decide to do the show." He said as he walked with me towards the front door.

"Oh I will." I replied "I'll give you a call tomorrow or something." Fleury nodded before I walked out of the door to head home to my empty house. Walking up the front steps never felt so wrong, I was so lonely & too ashamed to admit it. "Hunny, I'm home." I whispered as if I was waiting for a response from my non existent girlfriend. I slowly sat down at my rather large dinning room table as I looked around the dark room. I was disgusted with myself, how I had grown so accustomed to being alone. Lying to myself as if this is what I wanted. The truth was it was far from what I wanted. Staring at that sheet of paper my agents words rang through my head "Just sign on the dotted line." & that's exactly what I did.
♠ ♠ ♠
We got our 10 girls, if you comment the faster the next chapter will be posted :)
Let us know if you like it.