Nobody Puts Baby in the Corner

I

“No,” I said defiantly.

“Come on, Hayliee,” my friend Callie urged. “You need more interaction with the opposite sex.”

“Yea, because my ‘interaction’ with Jon worked out so well,” I muttered sarcastically, fighting with a stray piece of hair.

“Jon was an ass,” my other friend Emmy told me. “Now let’s go! I can hear that club calling our names!”

“No.” I whipped around to face them. “I don’t feel like going out.”

“You never feel like going out,” Callie mumbled, refusing to make eye contact.

I glared at her. Both of them knew that was something we didn’t joke about. I’d suffered from depression since I was thirteen, and I was now eighteen.

“Hayliee, what can we do to convince you to come to the club with us tonight?”

I stared at them, smiling smugly. “Buy me all the Daniels I want.”

They groaned, but agreed. Callie quickly helped me pick out something to wear, a stunning black babydoll dress with a bow at the waist, and a pleated bottom. I slipped into a pair of heels, adding several inches to my short frame.

“Off we go!” Emmy cheered.

. . .

“Oh my God,” I groaned. “I cannot believe I let you two talk me into going out.”

“You’re having fun, aren’t you?” Emmy slid another Daniels in front of me. “Now drink up.”

I picked up the Daniels and downed it in two huge gulps and motioned for the bartender to make me another. I raised it to my lips and took a small sip.

“You know guys, you’re right,” I said, turning around to my friends. But instead of finding them, I only found an empty space behind me. “Ah, fuck,” I mumbled.

“I hope you’re not talking to me like that,” a voice said tipsily next to me.

I glanced to my right and found myself staring at an incredibly gorgeous guy. He was wearing a black t-shirt and jeans, and his muscled arms were completely covered in tattoos.

“Oh, no. I’m not,” I said, then giggled.

Wait, what the hell am I doing? I can’t flirt with this guy! I barely know him! Then again, he is pretty fucking sexy.

“I’m Johnny,” he stated.

“Hayliee,” I whispered back.

“Well, Hayliee, let me just say that you are incredibly sexy,” Johnny said.

I blushed and dropped my gaze, giggling like a schoolgirl. “Thanks. You know, you’re the only person who’s ever said that to me. Not even my ex-boyfriend did.”

“Really?” he asked incredulously. “Well, he must have been crazy. Because you are very sexy.”

“You’re not so bad looking yourself,” I whispered.

I had no idea why I was acting like this. Maybe it was because it had been so long since a man had wanted me that I didn’t know what to do.

“So, Hayliee,” Johnny said, scooting closer to me. “What are you drinking?” He gestured to my glass.

“Jack Daniels,” I answered with a flirty grin.

“Bartender, let’s get another Daniels down here,” he called.

“No.” I stood up. “Let’s dance,” I commanded more than asked.

What the hell am I doing?

I seized Johnny’s hand and led him out onto the dance floor. He wrapped his arms tightly around my waist and pulled me close to him. A fast song started, and I pressed myself harder against Johnny, grinding my pelvis against his. His breaths began to come in short bursts, and he bent down to kiss my neck.

I inhaled sharply when he reached my sweet spot, a spot that made me melt completely, and I let out a moan that was louder than I expected. I turned around to face Johnny and placed my hands on the back of his neck, dragging him closer and pressing my lips against his. He began kissing me back hungrily, and I felt the region below his belt harden. But this only turned me on. His desire, his arousal, only made me more hungry for him.

Hayliee, stop!, my mind screamed. You’re acting like a slut! Making out with some strange guy in the middle of a crowded bar? What is wrong with you?

But another part of my mind told me to keep going. My body responded, and Johnny slid his hand up my thigh to drag me closer to him, if that was possible. He pulled me towards the door and I didn’t resist. We broke apart as we reached the door, and I laced my fingers through Johnny’s.

Somehow we ended up across the street at a motel, well known for its policy of housing drunks so that they wouldn’t have to drive home.

The last thing I remember before the alcohol completely clouded my mind was locking my lips onto Johnny’s and falling back onto a bed in his embrace, our worlds exploding in a haze of alcohol-fueled passion.
♠ ♠ ♠
I do not own Avenged Sevenfold.
I only own Hayliee, Emmy, Callie and all other subsequent fictional characters.