Status: Complete <3

Some Things Are for Sure. This Was Unexpected

Toward Tomorrow

March 2, 2010

JR’s POV

celskeet At the Vancouver airport waiting to get on my flight. As I think back on the past few weeks, the only word that I can use to describe my experience is…incredible. Thanks for all the support!
1 minute ago via TweetDeck

2:53 PM. I only had forty-five minutes before my flight back to Federal Way. I told Emma I’d be waiting for her inside at the same place we waited for her cousin that one time. My leg was shaking uncontrollably, my palms were sweaty, and my throat was dry-nervous doesn’t even begin to describe my emotion right now. I had a feeling that Emma wasn’t going to transfer and come to Berkeley with me and whatever relationship we have together would be over. I heard the automatic doors open and turned my head and saw Emma walk in, looking to her right and then at me. She smiled as she waved and walked towards me-should I take that as a good sign?

“Hey.” She said giving me a hug.

“Hey. It’s good to see you.” I said holding her tight.

“Mmm…you too.” She answered back.

“So, um…what did you decide?” I asked still hugging her.

“Berkeley…” I pulled out of our hug and smiled at her.

“…is not the school for me. I’m sorry JR, but I’m not transferring.” She said with sadness in her eyes and a frown on her face.

Just for a moment I thought everything would play out the way I wanted it to, I thought for one second she was going to say yes. “It-it’s okay. It was a lot to ask of you.” I said frowning.

“JR, I love you, I really do, but I just can’t. You have to understand this decision wasn’t easy for me to make.” I could tell it really was a tough decision for her.

I didn’t know what to say, I didn’t know what to do. So what happens now?

“But I don’t want us to end. Just because our past relationships didn’t last doesn’t mean we won’t. I don’t know about you, but I’m a half-full kind of person and I think we can make it no matter the distance. Please…please, jus-just give us a chance.” She pleaded, taking my hands in hers.

My heart was telling me to take that chance with her, but there was still a part of me that just couldn’t do it. This was not how I wanted to end my stay in Vancouver. I shook my head, pulled her into a hug, and kissed her forehead.

“Good-bye Emma…” I whispered, before I walked to my gate, not even looking back to see her one last time-It would’ve been harder to leave if I had.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 4, 2010

Dear Emma,

It’s been a couple of days that I’ve been home and for some reason, I can’t seem to smile-at least a real one anyways. I wake up and it’s like I’m just going through the motions. This morning when I woke up, I realized there was something missing from my life; I literally felt a pain in my chest when I figured out that something was you. I don’t even know how to begin telling you how much of an idiot I was for letting you go at the airport. Emma, I don’t want you out of my life and I’m sorry it’s taken me two days to realize it, but if you’ll have me, I’m ready to take that chance with you, to be with you no matter the distance. I love you…I always have.

Love, JR
_______________________________________________________________________

March 16, 2010

Dear JR,

I loved the postcard from Paris =) Hopefully one day we can go and stand under the Eiffel Tower hand in hand on a beautiful starry night. Sounds nice, huh? Anyways, spring break is going great. The beach is pretty much where I’m at or laying out by the pool-it’s pretty hot this year. Ryan came down to visit Tonya and he met our family. It was fun; they all loved his accent. I can’t wait for you to come visit! How’s Bulgaria? Cold I’m sure. I’ll be waking up hella early to watch y’all race. Say hi to everyone for me! Wishing you guys luck! Love you and can’t wait to watch the webcast tonight. Oh! Don’t forget about our video chat date on the 18th.

Love, Emma
_______________________________________________________________________

May 15, 2010

Emma!

Just 2 more days and I’ll have you in my arms, see that beautiful smile, and stare into those hypnotizing eyes. I can’t wait to see you and show you around Federal Way; I even have a Seattle tripped planned. My friends are pretty excited to meet you too, so no pressure, or anything. Oh and my mom wants to cook you a real Filipino meal, so come hungry lol. And I’m sure you’ve heard about JR Celski Day on the 18th right? Well now you have! It’s gonna be a crazy day here and I can’t wait to share it with you. Missing you every day.

Love, JR
_______________________________________________________________________

July 19, 2010

John Robert…

Hmm…lol never mind, I’ll stick to JR. I had such a wonderful time with you on your birthday weekend! I can’t believe you’re 20 already…kinda stuck in the middle between being a teenager and being legal legal, but hey just one more year! Federal Way just gets more beautiful every time I visit there. I’m looking forward to you coming here in just a couple weeks. It’ll be your turn to meet my family and friends and I already know they’re gonna love you. Then we’re off to California, super stoked! Hugs and Kisses xoxo.

Love, Emma

PS: Happy 5 months =)
_______________________________________________________________________

April 12, 2011

Emma Urie,

It’s been a little over a year that we’ve been together and I can’t believe I actually, for 2 days, let this slip outta my fingers. You’re the greatest thing that came into my life and I thank God every day for you. How did I get so lucky? Oh and guess what? I’m going to school in the fall. I figured I would get some college education under my belt before training for Sochi! And M.A.D is doing great right now, so I think I can part with it for a semester. Maybe I can sit in some of your classes when I go visit, just to get a feel for the college classroom atmosphere. See you in a couple of days.

Love you always and every day, JR
_______________________________________________________________________

October 15, 2012

Dear JR,

I’m glad to hear you’re doing well in school, super proud of you babe! Just one more semester and then you’ll be training for 2014. I can’t believe I’m graduating in 2 months! Holy shiz where did the time go? It’s gonna be so nice having my family and you there in the crowd, cheering as I walk across the stage and get my diploma. To be honest I’m kinda scared…I still have so much to plan for the future, but as long as you’re in it, I know it’ll be a great one. But you know the people I interned in Seattle for want me back, but this time for an actual job. All I have to do is go to grad school and get my Masters in Psychology, so I’m definitely considering it. But at the rate and how well everything is going, I’m excited to see what the future holds.

Infinite Love, Emma
_______________________________________________________________________

September 20, 2013

Dear Mrs. Celski….Emma Sophia Celski,

I LOVE the sound of that, I can’t stop smiling =) I can still remember, vividly I might add, that day 2 months ago-the day I asked you to marry me. You made me the happiest man alive by saying yes. Just one more year until we say ‘I do’. Luckily training for Sochi has helped pass the time. Pretty pumped about the upcoming games even though they’re 5 months away. Oh, Jordan and Simon told me Hope and Mariah are gonna be there too, and not as volunteers, so now you’ll know other people besides Tonya when you go see us. I’m not surprised you’re doing awesome in school-you were always pretty studious. How’s the house? A bit empty without me there huh? But after Sochi, it’ll be you and me. I love you so much.

I cannot wait to spend the rest of forever with you, JR


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emma’s POV

June 6, 2020

I smiled as I finished reading one of the last of many letters JR and I had written each other throughout the three years we were apart. I couldn’t believe we had kept all of them and that I had even found them. I placed the letter back into the box of letters and put the box onto the coffee table. So much time had passed between then and now. Looking around the room and studying the many pictures on the wall, I would say the time that passed was wonderful. As I finished reminiscing about the memories that were evoked by the photos, I heard the front door swing open. I smiled to myself knowing that the three who had made my life so fulfilling were home.

“Mommy!” I heard two little voices coming from both ends of the couch.

Seconds later I felt myself sink into the couch as four arms wrapped around mine. I looked down to my left at my daughter, Emily, and then to my right at my son, James. They both definitely had their father’s smile.

“How was skating?” I asked the twins.

“Fun!” Emily exclaimed.

“We beat daddy again!” James added.

“Did you? You two are getting so fast.” I praised.

“They sure are. Almost lapped me twice.” In came the man who stole my heart ten years ago.

JR stood in front of us, smiling as he looked upon me and his children-his family, the people who became his life shortly after Sochi. I smiled back at him.

“Okay, let’s help mommy up so we can go have dinner at grandma and grandpa’s.” JR told Emily and James.

They each took hold of my hands. “Come on mommy.” They both said as they helped me up from the couch.

“Mommy, when’s the baby coming?” Emily asked as she grasped my hand.

“In November.” I answered.

JR held my other hand and James took his hand as we walked outside.

“After our birthday?” James asked looking up at JR.

“Yup. Speaking of which, I know some twins who are turning five in a month, but I can’t remember who they are.” JR said giving a playful smile.

“We are daddy!” Emily and James said raising their hands.

“Oh that’s right. You two are getting so big.” He commented.

Walking a little further down the neighborhood, JR’s parents were outside, waving at us from their front lawn.

“Look, there’s grandma and grandpa! Go give them a hug.” JR said pointing to his parents.

The twins as fast as they could, ran towards them with their arms stretched out in front of them, laughing the whole way. JR and I started to laugh as we watch them run into his parents’ arms.

“So, I saw you found the letters.” I looked up at him.

“Yeah, I read a few. Pretty crazy we wrote so many letters to each other.” I said thinking about the hundreds of letters in the box.

“Haha yeah. I actually really loved writing you. And I’m glad I took that chance with you.” He said before bringing my hand to his lips.

“I’m glad you did too. Who would’ve thought everything that happened ten years ago would actually happen.” I said resting my head on his shoulder.

“Yeah, who would’ve thought? Kinda…unexpected, wouldn’t you say?”

“Definitely. You know I remember my mom telling me once, ‘Some of the great things in life are for sure, but the greater things are unexpected,’ and right now, I’d definitely have to agree with that.”

He smiled down at me. “Me too.” I’d never get tired of his kisses.

Life took an unexpected turn those ten years ago, for me and for JR. Neither of us thought we’d find love, fall in love, and find the person we wanted to spend the rest of our lives with…at least not at the Olympics or in a month. Call it fate, call it kismet, or whatever you want to call it, but we’re glad it happened. JR and I are taking each day at a time, looking towards tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah the end =( It was such a pleasure writing this story =) Planning another one, but no Olympics or short track, just JR & maybe the ST guys. Tweet me sometime: ThisIsNattyYo or follow me on Tumblr: thisisnattyyo.tumblr.com
Oh and here's the link to my latest JR fic: Meet Me Halfway