Impressions

Impressions

The thought seemed good at the time. Fink wanted to impress his new boyfriend. The warehouse was his home, and he thought he could do anything in it. The steel beams had notches, and with his nimble body he could climb to the top with no problem.

Well, now there was a problem.

Fink was stuck in the rafters.

He looked down from above and saw how far down his floor was. He cringed and his tail wrapped itself around a beam to help him not to fall. He sighed and tried to relax. What was he gonna do now?
He heard a noise from below.

'Finky?' Rev yelled, his voice echoing throughout the large building. He looked around, and upon hearing a whimper looked up in the rafters. There was his Finky looking scared while trying hard not to. He sighed.

'Ah, Finky, what'd ya go an' do?' He grabbed a ladder from the corner and leaned it on to support beam. He climbed it and walked over to Fink and sat down, his legs swinging. Fink looked at rev in horror. 'Nah Finky, don' worry 'bout me. I used ta climb trees all the time.' The boys sat quietly for a few moments, then Rev stood up. 'C'mon Finky. Let's go.' He held his hand to his boyfriend and Fink took it. Rev got Fink to his feet. The boys walked carefully to the ladder, and Rev started down first. Fink panicked. 'Revvie-what if I fall?' Fear crept into his voice. Rev smiled and reached up to ruffle his boyfriend's hair playfully.

'Don't worry Finky. I'll always have you.'