Status: Temporary Hiatus!

All I Can Do

19.

Walking into Pat’s hospital room, Jonathan gripped the black leather handles. He smiled at the smile on her face as she sunk into the yellow cushions. Her wheelchair had finally arrived, and she fell in love with it so incredibly fast, it was hard to tell what had happened. He then suggested wheeling her down to meet Pat, since the nurse had let him take her down the hall (as long as he brought the IV stand with him), and she was absolutely thrilled about it.

He’d mentioned Kaner a lot over the last few weeks. She’d grown to ‘know’ him like he was a friend of hers. She’d known he was in the passenger’s seat and that he was Jonathan’s right hand man, and a fellow NHL star, and that he was also hurt and still stuck to his bed. She wondered why, under the conditions that Jon had told her (a few broken ribs and a busted leg), why he was still on bed rest, when she was allowed up. Yet, she didn’t voice her thoughts.

Jonathan pushed the door open and instantly saw Alisa sitting there, her lips on Patrick’s. Farren froze, awkwardly looking at the two strangers, trying not to laugh like a pre-schooler. She bit her lip and watched as the small brunette pulled away and smiled up at them.
Jonathan merely raised an eyebrow, watching Pat roll his eyes and Alisa blush deeply. Then, he pushed her forward, right next to Kaner’s bed. Pat’s head turned to look at the blonde girl, before his eyes flickered to Jon, in which he gave a not so subtle wink.

Clutching the handles of the chair, Jonathan peered over his two friends, “Alisa, Kaner, this is Farren.”

Farren gave an awkward wave, “Hi.”

Alisa beamed at her, approving instantly of the suddenly shy girl in front of them, “Hey, you’re chair is sick.”

Farren instantly burst into probably the biggest smile Jonathan had ever seen on her, “You think so? Hell yea, my favourite colour’s yellow. I had to have it.”

Jonathan smirked at the enthusiasm in her voice. Then, he glanced up at Pat, who was watching his best friend watch Farren. He didn’t have to say anything, Pat just gave him a small nod- one you could barely notice, and Jon knew it was a good thing.

“Yea, it’s wicked,” Alisa said, leaning forward to get a better look at it, “Does it say your name on the seat?”

Farren nodded, smile growing even more, “Yea! Isn’t it amazing?!”

Alisa nodded eagerly, “It is!”

“I like it too,” Pat said finally, “That’s the sharpest thing I’ve ever seen.”

Farren looked at him and nodded in thanks, before changing the topic, “How are your ribs?”

He shifted, wincing slightly, hand shooting to his stomach, “They’re ok. Sore, but okay.”

Holding her breath, Farren cleared her throat, “I’m really sorry, Patrick.”

He let out a brief laugh and waved it off, much like he had with Jon, “It’s not your fault, don’t worry about it. Shit happens; I’ll be up in no time.”

Farren smiled at his confidence, but as her eyes flickered to Alisa’s, she saw something unusual. For an instant, she looked as if she was about to burst into tears. When Alisa caught her eye, it was gone, just as fast. She smiled warmly at her, but looked away as quickly as possible. That’s when Farren knew there was more to the story, and that the two people in front of her were shielding Jon from it.

She didn’t know how that made her feel. Sure, she shouldn’t worry about it, or ponder it, she barely knew these people. However the fact that they would hide something about Patrick’s health worried her. She knew how much Jonathan cared for his friend, his best friend, and that it would kill him if anything happened to him. Why did she feel like this was only the tip of the iceberg?

“Want to go back?” Jonathan asked her, after about two hours.

Farren yawned and nodded, it had been the most activity she’d had in weeks, “I’m beat.”

“Okay,” he smiled, getting up to turn her chair around, “I’ll see you guys later.”

Farren turned around to glance at the two, “Bye guys!”

Alisa gave a small wave and Pat let out a quick, “See ya.”

She felt a pang of sadness. Jonathan thought her condition was so much worse than Patrick’s. In truth, she knew it was completely opposite. He wasn’t in the ICU, but there was something fishy going on. Perhaps she should allow Jon to spend more time with Kaner, because if something this drastic was going on behind the scenes, he should be next to him instead of her.

Sighing, she brought a hand through her blonde locks as she turned into her room. Jonathan lifted her up and placed her in bed, before flicking on the TV. She watched his boy-like face watch the TV, and she wondered what she’d down to get so lucky- to have this guy crash into her, and even though he had more important places to be, he was here with her.

He was a good guy, and she knew it. She wondered how long he’d be around before he got sick of her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, I am sooooo sorry about the lack of updates.
I'm on a hunt for inspiration and it's coming up mostly negative, sadly enough.
I managed to produce this though, after a buttlong amount of weeks.
I hope you enjoy it, I'll try to write more- but my heart's just not in the game right now.
I honestly cannot tell you why.

I have a new story coming, check my profile for that!
and besides that stuff:

Comment!!