Status: Temporary Hiatus!

All I Can Do

20.

“Home sweet home!” Farren mused, as Jonathan pushed her into her apartment.

Jonathan looked over her place, he’s known her for nearly four weeks and this place captured her perfectly. The kitchen, what was the first thing you’d see, was a pale yellow, with white accessories. The living room was red and black, with modern furniture and a big plasma TV. He could see her bedroom from his spot, the door half open and it was purple and white, and oddly enough, kind of girly.

She’d finally been given the go to go home. Her parents were going to stay an extra week, just to make sure she was ok and left her apartment to stay in a hotel, so she can be alone when she needed to. She was healing fast, but she still needed therapy for her legs, there was still hope that she’d walk again one day, and Jon was clutching onto that hope with everything in him.

“Nice place,” Jonathan smiled, pushing her into the living room.

She waved her hand in a thank you, and piped up, “Well it’s not the house of an NHL superstar but...”

Jonathan chuckled, shaking his head, “Shut up.”

“Hey,” she turned around, and Jonathan wanted to burst into a smile when he saw how happy she looked, “Want to lift me to the couch? I haven’t sat on that thing in weeks.”

Jonathan nodded and walked over to scoop her in his arms, “Anything for you m’lady.”

She scoffed, rolling her eyes at his cheesy lines that he had been using constantly lately. Jonathan had grown used to picking her up and the feeling of her arms being wound around his neck. He couldn’t say that he was doing this to make himself feel better anymore, he had grown a friendship with Farren, and he truly just wanted her to be OK.

He placed her down on the soft black cushions and watched her smile, snuggling into what was so familiar to her. He joined her, plopping down and grabbing her lifeless legs and swinging them over his lap. She let out a happy sigh and collapsed onto her back, placing her head on the arm of the couch. He patted her legs, but she didn’t feel anything, and that made him sick.

“Man, I missed this place,” She voiced, thrusting her hands up in the air, “Smells better than that damn room too, doesn’t it Jonny?”

He smirked as she looked up at him, nearly grinning from ear to ear, “It sure does.”

Her dark, ocean like eyes locked onto him, “Plus, I don’t have to sneak the good food in and I can watch satellite instead of the garbage they had in there- I’m so far behind on Cake Boss its unreal!”

Jonathan raised an eyebrow, “Cake boss?”

She nodded, “Have you ever watched it, seriously J, one of the best shows in the world.”

“Yea, I’ve seen it once or twice,” Jonathan informed her, still rubbing her numb legs, “But It’s far from the greatest show in the world.”

She laughed and lifted up the middle finger, throwing her upper body over the arm of the couch. He wondered if she should be bending like that, if it would hurt her back or not, considering her bones were pretty banged up. He didn’t stop her though; he let her enjoy her new found freedom.

There were times where he’d look at her and he couldn’t remember how his life was before her. He hadn’t played hockey next to Kaner in over a month, and instead of going out or hitting the hay after games, he was going to the hospital to visit his best friend and the new person in his life. He revolved everything around her and he loved being around her.

Her carelessness warmed his heart and the times where she got ever so bitter only intrigued him. He knew most people couldn’t handle the mood swings she sometimes displayed, but it was a challenge, and he liked it. Everything about her became important to him, the way she smiled when he said something funny, or the loud laughter she’d use. Even the way her eyes lit up when you talked about something she enjoyed, or telling her a story that had nothing to do with her. She was a good listener, and a great talker.

Sometimes, she talked too much and he just wanted to clasp his hand over her mouth, but he never did. Sometimes, when she acted like a bitch, he wanted to walk out on her and never come back, but he didn’t. Sometimes, when she looked like she was about to burst into tears (which she hadn’t done in about two weeks), he wanted to hold her... but he didn’t. She never did cry, she sucked it right back in as soon as he’d noticed.

“What are you thinking about Toews?” She asked, bringing him back to reality.

He shrugged, playing with her pant legs, “I was thinking we should get some cake and watch cake boss.”

Her eyes lit up, and he knew he’d found a great friend in her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Once again, my apologies for the wait, but I told you it would come slow.
I'm starting to crave getting to the part in the story which I want you to see- just this one moment that's been planted in the back of my brain since I started this story.
It'll be a little later, but I know you'll love it.
Anyways, I'm sorry, I've been busy and sidetracked- but I hope this satisfies the absence!

Comment!