Status: Temporary Hiatus!

All I Can Do

7.

He entered the room, noticing instantly that Farren had a lot more colour in her face than she did yesterday. Her blonde hair looked blonder, shinier. All together, she looked much better and healthier, less like a corpse and more alive than ever. He smiled, placing his hand over hers- feeling the warmth of her hand even though she was the furthest thing from alive.

While sitting in silence, just looking at the girl whom he nearly killed. There was only so much guilt he could feel before he himself began to heal. In order for him to even begin the process; he knew that she’d have to show she’d be okay. He couldn’t heal unless she began to.

Jonathan glanced over her side and saw three bouquets of flowers. Fresh, new. They weren’t here yesterday. Deciding to be nosey, he pushed himself over to the bedside table, letting go of her hand. Reaching for the biggest, most colourful bouquet first, he thumbed the card between his fingers. It was from her mother and father. The second from somebody named Ty- probably a boyfriend or something and the third from Alex, Liz and Mia.

He fell back, painfully, into his wheelchair once more and let out a breath. The simplest thing, like moving a muscle, was the most painful thing in the world. He reached to his arm, stroking it, wondering why he didn’t have a cast. It’d help ease the pain, even if it was just slightly.

Jonathan returned to Farren’s bedside, grabbing her hand again, leaning his tired head on the side of her mattress. She lay so still that he felt like he should be just as still, as if he’d ruin her sleep if he didn’t. The soft noises from the TV kept the room at a comfortable pace, keeping him company while he kept her company.

His eyes shifted to the TV. Friends was on, a classic show. He found himself being engulfed into the episode, one he’d seen a thousand times before. His eyes were droopy, heavy, but he fought to keep himself awake. The laughs from the studio audience making his eyes fly open every time they’d shut.

His hand still intertwined with hers, he let out a breath and watched Ross fight with Rachel. It seemed to go on for the full half hour, the entire episode. It was funny, but he really wasn’t in the state of mind to laugh. Instead, he just watched, silently, emotionless.

“Where am I?”

He froze, eyes shooting open, hand tightening.

Farren Walker was awake.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Canada Day fellow Canadians!
Here's an early update to celebrate! I love this country with everything in me, and if you're a part of it- you do to. I'm going out to watch the fireworks, so enjoy!

xoxo!