Status: Temporary Hiatus!

All I Can Do

9.

Jonathan rolled into Patrick’s room, making an effort to slam the door behind him. Patrick, who had been sleeping soundly, just being relieved of some teammates and his family, groaned. Jonathan didn’t care, he pushed himself next to the bed and pushed Patrick’s back, earning another throaty groan.

“What?!” He grumbled, not turning over.

“Can I not do anything right?!” Jonathan asked, demanding an answer.

Patrick sighed, beginning the process of turning around. He moved slowly, since he had broken ribs and all and wound himself onto the other side of the bed, so he was facing Jonathan. His blue eyes portrayed nothing but sheer annoyance as he looked at his best friend, frustrated that he finally managed to sleep and had been rudely awakened... again.

“I mean it,” Jonathan said, wide-eyed, as he fell back into his chair, “Do I fuck up everything?”

Patrick stared at him, emotionless, “You have a gold medal and a Stanley cup, rethink your question.”

Jonathan rolled his eyes, clutching the arms of his chairs, “I’m serious. You could’ve warned me that going into Farren’s room was a bad idea! A little heads up would have been nice.”

Kaner sat there, still blank faced, just looking at his best friend, “Are you fucking kidding me?”

Jonathan raised an eyebrow, shaking his head.

“I told you, Tazer,” Kane declared, leaning up on his broken arm, trying to hoist himself up so that he could make his point, “I said, ‘don’t do it, Jonny, it’s a bad idea’, but you didn’t fucking listen. So now, don’t blame your fucked up head on me.”

Jonathan sighed, rubbing his face with the palm of his hands. He ruffled his hair a bit, just letting out all of the stress and regret he was feeling.

“She woke up.”

Patrick nodded, “Good. She’s alive. Isn’t that supposed to make you happy?”

“Yea,” Jonathan said, as if Patrick were an utter moron, he raised his eyebrows into his hairline, “Unless she basically tells you she can’t stand you, pretty much neuters you and then kicks you out of her room.”

Patrick raised both eyebrows and smirked, before bursting into laughter, shaking his head. Only Tazer could get into that mess while he tried to be a good guy. He must have fucked something up in between. He clutched his side as he chuckled at his best friend’s situation.

Jonathan frowned, shaking his head and falling into his seat again, “Fuck you, Kane.”

Patrick stopped laughing, but still held on to his stomach. He rose a finger, eyes suddenly serious, “Wait... neutered you? She touched your balls, man?!”

Jonathan stared at him, in total disbelief. That is how Patrick would translate what he said. Typical. He couldn’t even answer he was so irritated. Then, within seconds, Kaner burst into laughter again and hid his face in his pillows, howling to himself. Jonathan just let him laugh it out, picking at the material on his chair.

“Jeeze,” He said, once finally gaining his breath, “You would get action from the girl you almost killed. Good for you, Taze.”

Jonathan froze, looking up at him in dead silence, “I didn’t fucking get action you asshole.”

Pat frowned, lying down completely on his side again, “Yea... the story isn’t so good then.”

Jonathan groaned, shaking his head, “You’re an idiot.”

Patrick smirked, and nodded, chuckling under his breath, “Sure, Tazer, but I wasn’t the one who went and got attached to a girl who was on her death bed, expecting to be best fucking buddies with her when she woke up.”

Jonathan leaned on his arm, slouching, and “I didn’t think she was going to wake up.”

Patrick was quick to reply, “Yea you did. You knew she would.”

“I regret it,” Jonathan finally admitted aloud, “I stepped over the line, she wasn’t ready to see me.”

Patrick let out a sigh and ran his fingers through ‘the mullet’, one that brought lord Stanley into his hands, “Why do I have the feeling that her kicking you out isn’t going to stop you?”

Jonathan glanced up into his friends blue eyes and shrugged, leaning completely on his forearm, “Because it won’t.”

Pat sighed, cringing, “You better know what you’re getting yourself into Jonny.”
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks to the THREE people who commented on my last chapter- i appreciate you greatly.
twin-, my unbiological duplicate, you're awesome.
music363- you never fail to comment, thank you!
rosie- you as well, i love the support you give this story!

comments are always appreciated and are never ignored! i would love for more feedback.

to the three of you, cheers, i love you xoxo!