letters

2/2

Marly,
I miss you. I wish that I had made more of an effort to keep you here in Sheffield where you knew everyone and hand people who loved you. Every night that you were gone i asked myself where were you; were you safe; were you even alive. I always wanted to write you back after I found your letter. I guess now is better than never. I never once regret walking up to you and saying something or even staying with you when you were sick, that never even crossed my mind. I loved the way your green eyes lit up when you mentioned your family or art. I knew that you were gonna be something special to me even if we were just friends. Taking you to meet my family gave me both nerves and confidence that you were the one for me. You didn't care about the fame Oli gave me or that you weren't one of those girls that used me for Oli. You loved every aspect of me from my eyes and the patches of skin that grew red when you caught me doing something or said something embarrassing; to the love of taking photos of my feet. You called me silly when I came home with a anew tattoo on my arm even though you couldn't say anything because of your full shoulder piece. The thought of losing you never crossed my mind till the day that we took you to the doctor. 3 weeks went by and still no results. That's when I realized this was worse than just a pregnancy. You were really sick and when you told me it confirmed my worse fear that I would eventually lose you to a disease that I knew I couldn't fix. I stayed up nights trying to figure out more on your cancer and I knew that you thought it was consuming me. I just didn't want to lose you. A week ago Oli had called me from Amanda's place up in Scotland and told me about you. I could hear sobs in the background from Amanda and I knew that you lost. Oh Marly, how I wish I was there to hold you before you passed. To tell you that I could never replace you in my heart; that a skinny model would never hold the conversations that we held in the privacy of our flat. I sold that flat the day after Oli called. Yesterday was your funeral. I couldn't bear to go; Oli had to go and give my condolences to your parents. He said it was very morose and somber. Your parents want to meet me before they leave Oli said. They want to get to know the man who made their daughter happy before she died. I don't know how to end this so I guess I love you and always will.

Tom,
September 21st, 2010
♠ ♠ ♠
comments.?