Love Will Conquer All

Love Will Conquer All

Rory awoke in the morning only to be greeted with a pounding headache and sore, puffy eyes, all as a result of her crying spree the previous night. Her relationship with Jake had always been a rocky one, they were both unconditionally in love with each other and no matter how hard they tried to stop fighting, something or someone would step in the way and ruin it for them. This hadn't been the first time that they had broken up, but Rory knew that unlike all the other times, this one was a serious decision. Rory grabbed her cream silk sheets in one hand and ripped them from her body, she stuck her feet into her fuzzy white slippers that were resting by the side of her bed and stood up. Rory and Jake had been a passionate couple, relieving their pent up passion by means of verbal sparring and an intimate tumble in the sheets. These fights were a common occurrence, and while Rory learned to accept that they were a consequence for all the passion between the two, it never stopped the pain from penetrating her heart. Rory stood up from her bed and adjusted her silk purple cami that had risen up during the night; she shuffled out of her room and into her cozy kitchen. The kitchen had been decorated to inspire the safe and comforting feel of her home back in Nova Scotia. Rory had grown up in Nova Scotia with a traditional family. She had a mother and a father, both sickeningly in love, grandparents that loved to smother her with their love and praise, friends that meant the world to her and, of course, the stereotypical younger brother that drove her insane. As soon as she had graduated high school at the age of seventeen years old, Rory had bought herself a one-way ticket to Los Angeles California and accepted the first freelance job she could come across. While Rory was unbelievably happy with her career and friends, she stilled missed home very much and tried to bring home to L.A. whenever she could.

Rory reached into the white cabinet that was attached to the wall above her grey and blue tiled countertop, the paint was weathered and brought a very cozy feel to the kitchen. She grabbed her favorite coffee mug, one that Jake had bought her as a gift one year, and proceeded to pour herself a cup of steaming, thick and delicious coffee. She leant against the counter and relished her very first sip of the morning. Her eyes skimmed over the kitchen as she drank her coffee. The walls were painted a gorgeous blue, one that was as clear and beautiful as the ocean, her cabinets were filled with cups, bowls and plates that didn’t match but seemed to fit together perfectly. Her countertops were littered with magazines and papers that Rory used for work, her elegant cursive writing gracing practically all the pages. One of the walls was partially covered by a window that went from the ceiling to the floor and showed an excellent view of the beach that Rory’s apartment overlooked. In front of the window was a small white wooden table that held Rory’s laptop and more of her important papers for work.

Taking the last sip of her coffee Rory grudgingly placed the cup in the sink beside her and left the kitchen, she re-entered her bedroom and began to prepare herself for another day at work. Her bedroom was white and fairly large for an apartment, her king-sized bed was pressed against the center of the back wall and was covered in creamy silk sheets that were rumpled from her sleep. Rory stumbled to her walk-in closet and opened the white wooden doors. Inside her closet lay another world full of clothing; Rory had an amazingly large array of clothes all due to her fashion fetish. She selected a black pencil skirt, a white silk button up blouse and black pumps, and walked out of the closet to set the clothes down on her bed. While Rory followed her daily routine of getting preparing herself for a day of work, she let her mind wander towards other things… Jake things. Rory has always been and will probably always will be irrevocably in love with Jake, and the night that she caught him cheating on her was the worst night of her entire life.

[-----]

Rory walked into her apartment building, giddy with excitement, tonight was her and Jake’s anniversary and she had something very special planned. A large grin graced her face as she made her way to the elevator, and as she rode the elevator all the way to the 14th floor. She tugged on the belt of her knee length coat, making sure it was securely fastened. Rory had something special planned for this evening, something that would make this a night Jake would never forget. The elevator dinged and the doors slid open, Rory stepped out and quickly made her way to her apartment. Her heels clicking against the tiled floors were all that could be heard in the halls, but as Rory approached her apartment, a new sound assaulted her ears. From apartment 14b, the sounds of a man and a woman laughing were very distinguishable. Rory knew the sounds of Jake’s laugh without a second thought, but she had no idea who this woman’s laughter belonged too and why it was in her apartment, especially on her and Jake’s anniversary. Rory, now standing directly in front of the door, now heard nothing. Panicked, she dug her keys from the purse and quickly opened the door. Suddenly Rory wished she could be anywhere but here.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long! Here's the new chapter, enjoy!