Status: Active !

I'm Walking on an Edge; That's How I Stay Alive

001

I sighed, punching in an order for breakfast at work. I hated working at McDonalds, but today I got to leave early. My boyfriend's band was supposed to be passing through today, their band has a show not too far from here.

"What can I get for you?"

"Hi, uh, can I have seven sausage biscuits, three small cokes, two mocha frappes, a medium coffee, two cream two sugar, and a medium lemonade?"

I heard my manager walk up behind me, meaning I was leaving now.

I heard a distant at the speaker, "Bro, that little shit doesn't need a medium anything!"

I giggled at that response, "Your total is $19.31, first window please."

I looked behind my manager and saw the employee taking over for me. I handed him the headset and then turned to the window, where I saw a white van with a trailer attached, and four tired faces smiling at me and waving frantically, one staring at me intensely, one sleeping, and one up front digging for money.

I just laughed. Tim's head shot up and he grinned, "We're home, by the way."

I smiled and grabbed the twenty as I heard the van door opening. I handed Tim the change and saw Kennedy sitting there, a smile on his face.

"Hi baby!" he said, excitedly.

I laughed and leaned through the window, pressing my lips to his. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.

"I'm off now," I said, "Meet me out front."

He nodded, kissing me again, before going back into the van as Tim drove to the next window. I pulled my iPhone out of my back pocket to see a text.

Meet me in the closet.

I frowned, confused by the text.

There's no closet anywhere?

I looked at the van that had pulled in front of the store, and my eyes were drawn to the boy texting my phone. I saw him smirk and reply.

At the venue, love.

I smirked and climbed into the van. He looked up and I winked at him. I snuggled into Kennedy's side and he kissed my temple.

Good, I miss your taste. I'll text you when I end up somewhere.

I giggled and Kennedy kissed my temple again.

"I missed you, pretty girl."

I smiled and kissed his cheek, "I missed you, too."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stood in the bathroom of my apartment, straightening my hair, while my roommates were giggling in my bedroom.

"Oh, look at this text! It says "God, I miss how you taste. I feel like I'm going through withdrawals from your body and I lust for you,' Noelle! He is so sweet!"

I snorted, "Yeah, he's the epitome of sweet."

Danielle's head snapped up, "If he isn't sweet, why are you hooking up with him and stringing Kenny along?"

I rolled my eyes and continued straightening my hair, "Since you always bring Kenny up when we have this discussion, why don't you date him?" I asked in a sickly sweet voice.

"Because I'm not a homewrecker, Noelle," she answered in the same tone.

I laughed, "Do you even know what that means? Technically, he's the homewrecker."

"Then you're just a whore?" she asked.

I walked into my bedroom, glaring at her, "I'm in a bad situation right now, and I'm confused. So fuck you for calling me a whore. I'm not gonna be in this situation much longer."

"What are you gonna do? Finally stop stringing Kennedy along?"

I rolled my eyes and went back into the bathroom, turning off the straightener and turning off the light. Nicole stood up.

"Noelle, do you know what you're gonna do?"

I sighed, "No. Now, let's go."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Danielle royally pissed me off. I really couldn't believe she called me a whore. I arrived in the dressing room with Danielle and Nicole in tow. Kennedy greeted me with a kiss and a tight hug.

"You look pissed," he commented, "What's wrong, baby?"

I sighed, "Nothing, Danielle and I got in a fight. You know how we are, we'll be okay by tomorrow."

I noticed as I was telling Kennedy this, he had slipped out of the room. Kennedy kissed me again.

"I think I'm gonna go for a walk," I said, staring into his eyes, "I don't really wanna be in such a small space with her right now."

He smiled, "My little firecracker. Just come side stage before the show?"

I nodded and we kissed again. I slipped out of the room, smoothing down my sundress. I wandered around, still seething from Danielle's words. So, I half told Kennedy the truth, I did wanna get out of that room and away from her. The other reaso--

My thought process was abruptly cut off by panic when a hand covered my mouth and another grabbed my waist, and i was pulled into a dark closet. My first thoughts were about how I was gonna be hurt.

I was shushed by a calm voice, "Baby, it's me."

Suddenly, I realized the lean body pressed against me was somewhat familiar. I began to relax and felt the chemical reaction he caused in my body.

"You're angry," he more stated than asked.

I nodded silently, I couldn't find my voice.

"What's wrong?" he asked, sliding his hand from my mouth, down my side, to rest on my hip, much like his other hand.

"Danielle called me a whore. She wants me to break things off with you," I whispered, reaching for his hands.

He spun me around and pressed me against the wall. He grabbed my hands and brought them over our heads, pressing them to the wall.

"Do you want to?" he whispered in my ear, biting my earlobe.

"Would I be in here?" I asked, rubbing my body against his subtly.

He chuckled and I felt the vibration against my neck. I bit my lip and sucked in a breath.

"Probably not," he whispered.

"Turn on a light," I said as I bit at his earlobe.

Even in the dark, I knew that crooked smirk was on his face, "Why?"

"So I can see you, John," I whispered.

He pulled away quickly, and the light turned on. I looked at his messy golden hair and his intense stare, completed by that crooked smirk that made me melt. He returned to his previous position, pressed against me. He moved his face closer to mine and I felt his teeth nip my jaw.

"John," I whispered.

"Hm," he hummed against me again.

"Kiss me," I whispered, rubbing my hips against his.

He choked on a breath, and his eyes darted to mine. I did it again and he moaned shakily. I smiled and he kissed the corner of my mouth.

"I love your moan," I told him, smirking.

He smirked, "Make me do it again."

I rubbed my hips against his, rolling them every once in a while. His breath caught in his throat, and I could tell he was trying not to moan again. I dug my nails into his skin, my hips never stopping. He moaned again, and I smirked.

"You gonna kiss me now?" I asked, tracing his lip with my finger.

That damn crooked grin that made my heart flutter graced his face, and he pressed his lips to my finger. I ran my hands through his hair, and his grip on my hips tightened. He leaned in, and I felt his hot breath on my lips, making me want him so much more.

"I missed your taste," he whispered.

I gripped his hair, "Then taste m--"

His lips cut me off as he quickly pressed them to mine. I felt his body press against mine, and I would've went into the wall if possible. When his lips touched mine, it was like all the cliches went at once. The fireworks. The butterflies.

"Break up with Kennedy," he whispered against my lips.

I pulled away from him abruptly.

Um, what?!