Status: NEW

Zero Lies

In Too Deep

When the bell rang, I left Mr. Smith’s class and headed for my lockers. Some people said ‘hey!’ to me as I passed them and I returned the favor by smiling. Kia, a very nice and very popular cheerleader, stopped me before I got to Yuri.

“Geneva!” she pulled me in for a hug, I semi-hugged her back. “Long time no see!”
“You just saw me earlier this morning, twit,” I laughed. “Do you really miss me?”

“Of course I did! Oh and I heard you’re getting called in the Principal’s office…” Kia put her hands on her hips. “You really gotta learn to control that bad habit of yours.”

“You know I’ve been going to therapy for at least two years now,” I crossed my arm. “I have to go, blond. I’ll see you in class later.” Kia waved and I walked off. Yuri was putting things in her locker and I leaned against one next to hers. “Hey, stranger. You didn’t call me last night!”

She closed her locker, looked at me while fixing her backpack. “What am I to you? Some bitch? I have a life too.” I straightened my posture and she was about to leave. I stopped her.

“What’s wrong with you? Are you PMSing? Because your attitude is starting to irritate me.” Yuri was about to speak but I cut her off. “Don’t start acting like a baby just because of yesterday… We’ve been friends since third grade. Get the fuck over yourself.” Yuri pushed my hand off her shoulders and she glared at me.

“You get over yourself, Geneva Ashton. I’ve been tolerating your bullshit for the past how many years! I’m fed up now of how you act because what you say actually hurts!” She put her hand up to stop me. “I don’t give a fuck if you go “therapy” for two years now, but nothing has changed… Do you even put effort?”

“I do put fucking put effort! I have to see that stupid doctor every four days in a week! You don’t think that’s torturing? Come on, Yuri… You don’t know my condition!”

“Oh,” Yuri scoffed. “Like how you’re acting around everyone isn’t torturing!? Just because you have that “condition” doesn’t mean you can still have every right to degrade people just because you can’t control your fucking actions. You can control it if you want too. I control myself every time I want to ditch, but you know, I can’t because I’m too fucking nice and I feel bad for you.”

“I don’t need your sympathies,” I said. “You can go if you want! You’ll miss me. Just watch Yuri, you’ll come back to me begging to save our “friendship” and maybe, just maybe I’ll reconsider it.” Yuri laughed, not in the joyful way, but more of the sarcastic, dark way. “Bitch,” I told her. She looked at me.

“You’re so full of yourself, Geneva,” she said and she walked away. When I turned around, I saw several people standing by, watching and whispering to each other. I rolled my eyes and flicked Yuri as she walked away. Some bystanders gasped.

“Hey, get a life you imbeciles,” I yelled out. Two girls passed by me and started whispering as I stared them down. “Please bitches, stop your yapping.”

They stopped in front of me and one of the dark-haired girls looked at me up and down. She arched her eyebrow and said, “Looks like your friend ditched you. We’re not surprised… Who can actually stay as your friend by the way you act?” Her and her posse started giggling.

I scoffed, “You know, if you two had a boyfriend, you’d probably be busy minding him rather than MY business.” The opened their mouth to retaliate, but I continued. “But hey! Who can actually date girls like you? You,” I pointed at the dark-haired girl. “You walk like a penguin on drugs and your hair style does not match you. Have you heard that you need bangs when you have a large forehead?” The girl’s face was in disgust. “And you,” I pointed at the other girl. “You’re not getting guys because your friend over here chases the guys who like you. Trust me, you’re cute, but because your “best friend” is this monster of a bitch, guys are intimidated.” I smiled and she looked down on the floor.

“You’re a bitch!” the dark-haired girl screeched. They both walked away and I felt satisfied. When they left, some people were still standing around the hallway and looking at me. I guess they love to watch things unfold their very eyes.

“Miss Ashton,” Principal Respico spoke as I entered the room. “You’re late.” I looked around the room to see my teachers standing around and I see my parents too. I sighed.

“Why are my parents here, again?” I asked when I sat on the chair in front of the principal’s desk. “We always do this every year… We have to go through the same shit over and over again because of the new teachers I get that doesn’t have the fucking intelligence to comprehend my condition.”

“Geneva,” my mother said. “Your language, sweetheart.”

“Well, Miss Ashton,” the principal spoke. My eyes weren’t at her, but towards the teachers that stood in a single file line against the wall. “I have already explained to each of your new teachers your situation. I wish you were here earlier to add your input, but you delayed us for about fifteen minutes.” She tapped her desk and I gave my attention. “So, please… Enlighten them from your point of view.”

“I guess they already know my special needs,” I said. “It’s just the matter of them handling it.” I looked at my parents. “By the way, I lost my best friend ten minutes ago.” I turned to the teachers. “Don’t be surprised if I’m in your classes during lunch.” They nodded their heads. Mr. Dent came forward. “You’re interrupting me.”

“Sorry,” he looked at me with a stern look. “But does therapy help you at all?” The teachers turned to each other and I shrugged. “Maybe you need another alternative.”

“I think my stupid therapist has tried every alternative out there and I am putting my fucking effort into changing,” I said. My mom coughed. “Sorry, mother. I can’t control myself,” I started pacing around the room. “It’s just that people aren’t so used to some people just blurting out complete honest words. I’m actually fine with the fact that I say whatever that pops in my head. I can’t keep my thoughts to myself. Well, except when it comes to tests, I do have the intelligence of not blurting out answers, but when it comes to people in general, I can’t help myself.”

“I can see what you’re trying to project,” Miss Corwick spoke. “But darling,”

“Don’t call me that,” I said.

“Oh, right. Sorry,” she continued. “Geneva, people still have feelings. The truth maybe good, but most of the time, the truth is ugly. Can you honestly say that you have never lied?”

“Zero lies,” I said. The teachers looked at each other and nodded. “Is this it? Because I do have life during lunch time. And I’ll see Mr. Garrison and Miss Hanazawa after lunch. Fuck my life, I get the boring teachers.”

Mr. Garrison and Miss Hanazawa protested. “We are not dull teachers!”

“Prove it,” I smirked.
♠ ♠ ♠
New characters are added! The 2 mean girls aren't added. (Maybe later they'll be added.)
As of now, Kia Martin is introduced and so are Geneva's parents, teachers, and Principal :)

Please comment (>^_^)>