The Musso's and Me

Dad

I woke up as I heard my dad shout from my bedroom door. “What the hell is going on here?” “Will it’s nothing, honestly” said Mason getting up.

“I thought this made it clear I didn’t want you in the same bed as my daughter” “Dad stop it!” I shouted over the top of him but he didn’t listen. “Get out of my house and stay away from my daughter!” he held open the door waiting for Mason to leave “Now!” he shouted.

He looked at me and walked towards the door before I ran over the room and wrapped my arms round him. “Dad no! If you make him leave I’m leaving too” “Don’t be so stupid Jess” Dad snapped.

“Dad, he’s my best friend. He’s the reason I’m happy here, I asked him to sleep in my bed” “Don’t cover for him, what did he do to you?” he asked pulling me away from Mason.

“He didn’t do anything dad, he wanted to sleep on the floor but I asked him to sleep in my bed. I’m scared dad I lost everyone over night and I was on my own” I explained “I know you did but you weren’t on your own” he replied.

I went back to Mason “I was until Mason turned up. I’ve never been that scared before but every time I try to sleep I think what if it happens again. What if I wake up and someone else has gone too! If Mason’s with me nothing can happen to him or to me,” I said crying.

“I know but he’s older than you and he’s a boy. I don’t want you ending up like your mother” he explained as I looked back shocked, “Pregnant? Dad that’s not going to happen” “I could never hurt her” Mason said putting his arm round my shoulder.

My dad looked at us both and ran his hand through his hair “Okay, you can stay here and you can share a bed but only if she asks you. It won’t be a permanent thing and when you’re in the room together the door stays open. Even when your asleep!” I opened my mouth to speak but Mason cut in “That’s fair” dad nodded and left.

“I can’t believe him!”I said “Jess it’s okay, I told you he’s worried” “But…” “If my dad knew I wouldn’t be allowed alone with you” he laughed, “Nothing has ever happened between us” I argued and he nodded.

“I know but we’re very close, come on Mitch and Marc’s girlfriends are round for lunch today.”