The Musso's and Me

Mistake

“You not getting changed?” Mason asked and I shook my head and walked off down the end of the yard, I went and sat under the trees and Mason followed sitting next to me. “I miss Texas” I admitted as he smiled.

“Is it wrong I don’t miss Spain?” I asked and he shook his head. We sat there for a while “You must be cold come here,” said Mason and I sat on his lap and snuggled up to him.

I’d always been confused by Mason, he was the only person I really ever trusted. Mitch had been my best friend but we grew into a more family relationship but Mason and I never did we just got closer and closer.

When he was single we were fine but if he had a girlfriend we’d argue a lot and I’d be really horrible to him. I hated him paying other girls attention and we’d fight over it, he'd get really angry because he has a bad temper but I knew he’d never touch me even if he threatened to.

Mom once said when someone else had him I wanted him but when I could have him I didn’t want him anymore. It wasn’t fair on him and I knew it but it didn’t stop me, I got jealous very quickly.

I’d had crushes on him in the past but nothing ever came of it and my feelings came and went. What I felt really didn’t matter, we were friends and that’s what he wanted.

I drifted off to sleep and felt him brush the water off my face. I opened my eyes to see him smiling at me “What is it about me and you falling asleep” he asked as I smiled and snuggled up to him again “Don’t you go back to sleep, you’re freezing and it’s getting dark. Are you listening to me?” I shook my head and he laughed.

“If your ill tomorrow don’t blame me, I’m trying to keep you warm” “I know” I replied and kissed his cheek. I pulled away and he was staring at me, I shivered from the cold and he pulled me closer until our faces were close.

I looked back at him and I knew I had to look away but I couldn’t, he moved slowly towards me and I moved away from him. He smiled and moved the hair from my face leaving his hand on my cheek.

He ran his thumb across my lip and I heard his breath catch as he kissed me, for a second I hesitated and then I kissed him back.

I pulled away quickly and I saw the panic in his eyes “Jess I am so sorry” “We shouldn’t…” I stood up and he got up too and grabbed my hand, I looked down “I didn’t mean for that to happen, I did but I shouldn’t have” he rambled.

He looked up at me “They were all right, I shouldn’t be around you so much” he added “It’s okay Mason, we made a mistake” I reassured him “No I did, you moved away but I kept going” “It’s okay.”

I heard my dad shout and we walked to the house “What happened to you 2?” he asked “Nothing, we were just messing around” he shook his head and walked off and I followed grabbing hold of Mason’s arm.

We got home and got changed; we both sat in my room in silence. “Well this isn’t awkward, maybe I should go home” he said and I smiled “No, stay” I walked over & sat next to him.

He looked away “Mase we did a stupid thing but your still my best friend” “I’m confused” he said quietly “Let’s forget it happened,” I whispered and he nodded hugging me.

We had dinner with dad & came back to my room. “The girls seemed nice, we never said bye” I stated “They’re staying over if you want to go back” I nodded and we left.