The Musso's and Me

Friends?

“Dad can I talk to you?” I asked as I walked into the kitchen “I was about to ask you the same thing, why am I getting phone calls saying Mason and you are fighting and your hitting him!” “I didn’t hit him, I slapped him big difference” I replied.

“This is not the time for a sense of humor Jessica” he warned “Okay I’m sorry, it won’t happen again because from now on we won’t be talking at all” I said honestly.

“Dad I’ve been thinking about college” he smiled “I spoke to somewhere the other day about doing Media studies & Multimedia” “I knew them boys would be a good influence, do UCLA do it? ” he asked.

I looked down “No, I chose UEM. In Madrid” “Madrid!” repeated and I nodded “I didn’t know you miss Spain” I shrugged “I don’t I just…I want to got there. They said I could go to look round”I replied.

“Why don’t you look at UCLA?” he suggested “I don’t want to go there” “You always wanted to before, what’s changed?” he asked and I looked away “Everything” I said as I walked off upstairs as tears fell down my face.

* Later *

I looked down at my phone “Hey Mitch” “Hey, parents are out till tomorrow and Marc is on a date with Emma and I’m supposed to be going to the movies with Lisa” he said.

“It’s nice of you to tell me your family plans” I joked “No, Marc hasn’t got his key with him, can you do me the biggest favor ever and stay over tonight to let him in when he gets back?” “Not really” I replied.

“Oh come on, it’s not like you have any plans. Miley or someone can come round too if you want” he reasoned and he was right I had nothing to do and I didn’t want dad asking me questions all night.

“Okay, I’ll be there in a minute” I said hanging up “Dad I’m staying at the Musso’s tonight everyone’s out and Marc forgot his keys. See you in the morning, night!” I shouted as I left.

“I owe you big time!” Mitch said as he hugged me “I know you do now go” I smiled and walked inside as he left.

I’d been there 10 minutes when Mason walked in. “What are you doing here?” he snapped “I thought I wasn’t supposed to be waiting up? Marc forgot his keys and everyone was out so Mitchel asked me to stay, I’m going upstairs” I said and walked off.

I got to the top of the stairs when I got a text from Mason ‘I’m sorry about earlier I’m a jackass. Charlie’s still as stupid and awful as ever! Xxx’ I smiled and replied ‘I’m sorry too. Joe’s just a friend, he has a girlfriend Xxx’ and walked towards my door.

As I put my hand out to open the door I felt Masons hand on my arm and I turned round as he grabbed my hand and led me down the hallway to his room.

“So you really are just friends?” he asked and I nodded “He’s with Demi and has been for months, Charlie?” I asked, “ I only went out for coffee to be polite” “And to attempt to get me angry” I asked.

“It worked didn’t it?” he asked “You know I hate her!” “Your just jealous!” he said and I stayed quiet “And your not?” I finally said and he smiled.

“Shut up!” he said “No” I laughed as he squeezed my hand “No really shut up” he said as he leant forward and kissed me “Mason no!” I pushed him back “I don’t want to fight but I don’t want this” I explained.

“I’m home!” I heard Marc shout & he walked in “No more fighting. Mason stay here Jess go to your room” he ordered“We’re not fighting, we’re friends” I offered smiling and hugging Mason.

“Really?” he nodded “Best friends” Mason said as Marc smiled. “Come on lets go watch TV” Mason suggested and we went downstairs.