Don't Take Chances

Off The Shortest Pier

I woke up on Sunday morning to a scream, or Erica's scream to be more precise.

Rolling out of bed and stumbling over the threshold of my bedroom I found her and Andy standing in the hall, "What's going on?"

"Someone doesn't know how to knock," Erica yelled.

She was standing with a towel wrapped around her and her hair dripping around her shoulders, I glanced at Andy and noticed his cheeks had gone pink.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking. I'm used to living on my own or with the guys," he bumbled.

"You guys don't lock your bathroom door?" I asked.

Erica glared at me, "Tangent, Lily."

"Sorry," I mumbled.

"The lock on our bathroom door is busted but usually we knock to check if anyone is in there," Erica spat.

"Sorry," Andy looked down at the floor.

I bit my lip to stop my smile, "Has anyone had breakfast yet?"

"I'll help you," Andy offered, practically running past me to the kitchen.

I watched his tattooed back disappear and turned back to Erica, "It was an honest mistake."

She rolled her eyes, "He was probably hoping it was you in the shower."

I frowned at her.

"It's just going to take a little while to get used to living with someone else, especially a guy," she sighed and headed for her bedroom.

Shaking my head I wandered into the kitchen to find Andy's butt sticking out of the fridge.

"What are you looking for?" I addressed the red boxer shorts in front of me.

His head popped up above the door, "Butter."

I screwed up my nose, "We don't use butter," I pointed to the cupboard to his left, "Margarine."

"You don't know what you're missing," he said wistfully as he removed the white plastic container from it's home.

I nodded my head and pulled myself up on the counter next to the stove, "A heart-attack."

"Not eating butter isn't going to save you from that, locking your bathroom door on the other hand..." he trailed off and I laughed.

"I wish I could've seen it," I grinned.

Andy shook his head, "I didn't see anything anyway, just a shadow behind your shower curtain."

"You sound almost disappointed," the grin on my face grew as his cheeks turned pink again.

He rolled his eyes and threw his head back dramatically, "I'm never going to hear the end of this am I?"

"Nope," I smiled, swinging my bare legs.

There was a couple of minutes of comfortable silence between us as I watched Andy scramble eggs and cook bacon.

"So I guess we should fill out the forms and stuff today," I mused, scratching the back of my head.

"Huh?" Andy looked confused for a second, "Oh yeah, the spouse visa application stuff. Sounds like a plan."

I screwed my nose up, "Spouse is such an odd word."

Andy laughed, "Okay, how about we call it... the most amazing drummer in the world's wife visa application?"

"Is that supposed to make it sound better?"