Don't Take Chances

We Need It Now

I was woken on Saturday morning by the blinding sunlight filtering through my bedroom window, apparently I had been too drunk last night to remember to close the curtains. Rolling my stiff body over with a groan I landed on something warm, soft and body-like.

"Morning," grumbled a voice.

My eyes eased open and focused on Andy's sleepy face, "Why are you in my bed?"

He shrugged and yawned, "There was no more room on the couches."

"Oh, okay," I replied, closing my eyes again and wriggling further into my sheets in an attempt to stop my head hurting so much.

I felt Andy shift and his arm came around my waist, "It's too cold in here."

We lay there huddled together, trying to keep warm, for a little while longer. Situations like this weren't that uncommon amongst my group of friends. In fact, passing out in someone's apartment after a night of drinking and talking happened a little too often. But the boys weren't around that much anymore so Erica and I had to take advantage of having them here. Andy and I always seemed to be close, whenever I woke in a hungover haze he was usually the first person I saw, not that I was complaining.

Just as I had started to drift off to sleep again the door to my room burst open and someone pounced on the end of my bed.

"Wake up sleepyhead!" Gabe Saporta's very loud voice met my very delicate ears, "Or should I say sleepyheads?"

The sheets and comforter were ripped off of our bodies and I reluctantly rolled onto my back and opened my eyes to see Gabe standing at the end of the bed, hands on his hips and a quizzical expression on his face.

"Did I interrupt something?" he quirked an eyebrow at me.

"Sleeping," Andy grumbled as he wrapped his arms around his bare torso.

"What are you doing here Gabe?" I asked, the bright multi-coloured print on his hoodie making my eyes hurt.

He shrugged, "I was bored."

I sat up slowly and swung my legs over the side of the bed, holding onto my pounding head as I did so.

"You were so bored that you felt the need to drive from Jersey to New York at this time in the morning just to annoy us?" I asked.

He smirked at me and looked at the flashy gold watch on his wrist, "This time in the morning is almost 3pm."

"Don't play around Gabe," I grumbled, pulling on a nearby hoodie over my t-shirt and boxers.

"I'm not playing around, it's almost three," he shoved his wrist at me, the shiny gold metal flashing in the sunlight.

I looked at the face of his watch and swore, "Shit."