Don't Take Chances

Rip Me Apart

Marry me.

The sentence bounced around the room as I blinked at Andy.

"Marry you. Me?" I asked.

He nodded, "Yup."

I stood up from my spot on the floor and looked him in the eye, they looked as clear and bright as they normally did, no sign of an intoxicating substance.

"What made you think of that?"

He shrugged, "It seemed like the easiest way to get you your visa and it means you don't have to worry about your job or whatever."

"But that's... huge," I said, still not totally sure he was actually saying what he was saying.

Andy smiled, "Not really, I looked it up online. After three years you'll have permanent residency and we can get a divorce or whatever."

"Three years?" I said, a little louder than I had meant to.

"I know it sounds like a long time but think about it, I'll be on tour a lot. You won't even notice I'm here."

"What do you mean by 'here'?" Erica asked from the doorway.

Andy rubbed the back of his neck, "Well, uh, we have to live like a married couple. You know, so it doesn't look like we just got married so you can stay in the US."

"But that's why you would be doing it," Erica frowned.

"It's, um, kind of, a little bit, well, illegal," Andy mumbled.

I dropped down onto the couch and looked down at the carpet under my feet, "This is insane."

"But it does solve all your problems. All we have to do is get married and then meet some official and prove that we're in love or whatever," Andy explained.

I looked up at him, "How are we going to do that? Everyone we know know's that we haven't been dating or anything. It's going to look a little weird if we just suddenly get married."

Andy sat down beside me, "The only people that have to know are Erica and the guys. We can just tell everyone else we were dating secretly or something and the thought of you leaving made me propose."

I glanced over at him, "You've really thought about this, huh?"

He nodded, "Does that mean you'll do it?"

I bit my lip and looked back down at the floor. This was a huge thing he was prepared to do for me and he was right, it would solve my problem. Would being married to Andy be that bad? He would be away on tour for most of the time and he already hangs around here when the band isn't working. It wouldn't be that different to how we are now.

I turned to face him, "You're totally sure with this?"

He nodded, "Totally."

I couldn't help the smile that slid onto my face, "Okay then."