Status: Active.

The ED Diaries

One: Hayden

Hayden could feel her feet getting heavier each time they came in contact with the ground. She wasn’t sure how long she had been running for or how far she had gone, but it wasn’t enough yet. That hamburger she had for dinner needed to be worked off. She shouldn’t have eaten something that big, but she was starving. This was her punishment for herself. She was running off the food before it had time to reach her stomach.

She started to slow down as her bright blue house came into view. The driveway curved up from the road, blending into the cement garage floor. The walkway was lined with bright coloured flowers placed in the perfect spots, all the way up to the door. Hayden walked past everything, sickened by how perfect the outside of the house looked.

Walking up to the door, she turned the perfectly shined door knob. She stepped into the house, looking around at how perfectly placed everything was. Everything looked different every time she entered the house, but it still looked perfect. Hayden walked forward, her shoes clicking on the shiny tiled floors, until she heard someone yell from a different room.

“Hayden dear, is that you? Come in here will you, I need some help.” It was her mother. Hayden slowly followed the voice, walking into the living room. Her mom was standing on a ladder trying to hang up some streamers. She was decorating for the party that night.

“Oh good, you’re here. Where have you been? I need you to hold that box there,” her mom said as she pointed to a box on the floor. She walked over to the box, leaning over the lift it up as silver stars clouded her vision. Hayden stood up and blinked, making the stars disappear.

“I was out for a run, mom. You know I always run after supper,” Hayden explained while she handed streamers to the lady on the ladder.

“Oh right. About that, I don’t think you should be running so much. You’re starting to looking sick. We don’t need people asking what is wrong with you,” Hayden rolled her eyes. Too fat, too sick, too skinny, not perfect. What did she want her to do?

“I’m fine mom. No one is going to ask questions,” she lowered her voice, “you never take me anywhere anyways.”

They stood in silence for what seemed like hours. Neither of them wanted to stay on the subject nor did they want to talk about something else. The streamers slowly took over the room, bringing life and color into the silent, lifeless room.

“I need to see how the rest of the preparations are going,” Hayden’s mom said. Hayden just nodded in response, going back to cleaning up the extra pieces of streamers. As she stood up, she could feel sweat forming on her forehead. A warm shiver came over her as she fully straightened up and silver stars once again blurred her vision. She staggered over to the couch, trying to sit before her knees gave out underneath her. She concentrated on her breathing, desperately trying to rid her vision of those stars.

A dull pain started throbbing in her head and her temperature felt like it was rising to a thousand degrees. She felt her knees slowly give out on her as she fell to the ground, the silver stars finally taking over.

Must be skinny, must be perfect
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this was super late and rather short. I tried though, if that helps any. Aha.