Last One Standing

Last One Standing

The world around him slowly came into focus and he groggily sat up, taking off his helmet and pushing his short hair back. That caused a surge of pain to shoot through him and he winced.

He looked down at the source of the pain and found his side bleeding from a gunshot wound. Surprisingly, the wound was slowly healing, but the pain didn't seem to dissipate with it.

Cursing, John-117 slumped against the wall he leaned against of an old shed full of tools the owner of the shed used to own.

John growled angrily remembering that Earth was no longer inhabited by humans and animals, but aliens as well. He would be surprised if half the creatures on Earth were even still alive.

When the aliens came to Earth, the government of every nation panicked and that's when everything went extremely wrong. Their panic made them weak and soon, one by one, each government was taken until aliens seemed to be ruling the Earth.

After that, they started going for the people. Some were instantly taken and killed, but some also fought back and are in hiding.

John, however, was created in a lab, well, he gained superhuman abilities thanks to scientists that worked for the military before it was overrun with aliens. John was a super soldier for the military. He was genetically enhanced so he could take down the aliens on his own. It wasn't as easy as it was thought, unfortunately.

Again, John growled, but this time because he tried to move, but his side still hurt immensely despite the healing wound.

Suddenly he heard odd sounds from outside the shed he took shelter in before he passed out. He knew the sounds were coming from some aliens, but he couldn't figure out how many there were. It only sounded like two, but he knew what the aliens were capable of.

Very quietly, he picked up his pistol that was laying on the floor beside where he was resting and then he picked up his second pistol that was in it's holster of his suit.

Ignoring his side, though it was healed and hurting, as well as his helmet, John kicked the shed door open and there he found five grunts conversing. But all five of them stared at him in shock at his appearance before running around and making noises of alarm.

John instantly began taking out the grunts with his pistols until a hunter came charging from behind a totaled car.

John cursed loudly before diving behind another car and reloading his pistols.

"Why is there always a bigger fish?" he complained before he jumped up to shoot at the hunter, dodging behind the car after a few shots.

He heard the hunter roar in anger and pain as the bullets hit it, but that was soon followed by a sound of it's assault canon. Then the hunter shot in John's direction, causing the car John was hiding behind to explode and fly John a good distance away.

Ignoring any pain, John stood up as fast as he could and began running and shooting at the hunter, hitting it every time.

When the hunter finally had enough, it roared loudly and began running towards John, who was reloading his pistols as fast as he could. Right when the hunter was about to make a swipe at him, John got his pistols reloaded and shot the hunter right between the eyes.

Blue blood from the hunter splattered on John, but he ignored it and quickly took out the remaining grunts.

"Six down, a million more to go," John said as he dusted himself off, took a few plasma pistols from the grunts, and then began his journey to kill off any and every alien he would come across.

The Covenant wouldn't stand a chance against the military's super soldier, John-117.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is probably super bad, but I wanted to write something and I took what information my friend gave me and made this story. Let me know what you think and if I got any of the info wrong about Halo. It's my first action story. Serious. Lol.