Sequel: A Million to Two
Status: Alive once again! Never leaving a gap like that again if I can help it xD Hugs xx

A Thousand to One

3am

I gazed down at the shiny black piano; tonight it reflected some swirls of cloud as well as a few stars. The temptation to play something for him was hard to resist, yet after hearing how talented Jared was killed my urge by a great amount. I'd never learnt anything impressive or classical; only anything I enjoyed to play. All I could do was shake my head, smile and counteract him with other questions. Jared most likely noticed but nevertheless, he kept silent about it.

~*~

“Shit Ali it's almost 3!” I glanced at my watch,

02:39

Jeez how'd it get so late so fast? I swung my bad leg off the supports and stood up, facing him once again, his eyes shining even in the shadows of the dark room, the bright blue contrasting with the dull colours of the music room. The once banished awkward silence returned with full force into the room, leaving me with no idea what to do; after all, did I really want to leave? This might be the only chance I ever get to talk with him (actually, scratch that, I'm pretty sure Shannon will *accidentally* fix something up).

“So, umm...Guess I'll see you around?” I mentally slapped myself for sounding so cliché, but it was the best my tired brain could come up with. Nevertheless, his mouth twitched up into a small smile, while his eyelids widened a little to give me a clearer view of his icy blues. His expression was one I'd seen before, yet I couldn't place right now. We walked to the entrance of the building together, a comfortable silence lingering in the air, only occasionally disturbed by my shuffles along with my still stiff knee.
“Yeah, but you should get some rest,” he stopped at the doorway and rubbed his neck, mumbling something like “take care.” I gave him a grateful smile and started the walk back to the rooms, pausing for a second and turning my head to face him, I whispered a good night and continued on my way.

His expression earlier still bugged me, I recognised it from sometime earlier today, why did he have to be so hard for me to figure out? I tip-toed back into bed, careful not to wake the others and glanced at my watch:

02:55

I'm gonna be wrecked tomorrow, but it was worth it; despite the evening not exactly going as expected (Note to Self: KILL SHANNON) his younger brother was just as good to talk with. Thank god I wasn't around Jared 24/7, not that it wouldn't be nice, but my stomach was sore from flipping around after only a few hours.
It was only then that my memory of this morning hit me like a bombshell- his expression!

Cookies

Jared

Hopeful?

Right on cue, those darn butterflies surged back through me and heated up my cheeks, it can't have been! There's no way...
Face it Ali, you're falling for him; tricking yourself into thinking he's 'hopeful' that he'll see you again.
I smacked my palm to my forehead, screwing my eyes up in frustration.

Ah, sugar!
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I promised myself I'd write more of the story before I updated again, since coursework is at an all time high and I feel really bad that I can't update as often as I want to. Alas, I'm giving in for now and giving you this filler, but the next chapter I just wrote is one of my favourites, I can't wait to give it to you!
Secondly, I now have 90 readers and 29 subs!! One more subscriber and this story gets another star, ten more readers and it gets five stars *wishes so badly it could happen*.
So really sorry for being gone so long, and if you didn't really like this chapter just hang on for the next one! It's really long and I think you'll like it =D Hugs xxxx