Status: This is my one-shot =) if you like it i may write another <3

Falling for love.

1/1

As she sat on the rooftop and stared out at the city she wished that he was with her now.
“I miss you” she whispered as a solitary tear fell from her sapphire blue eyes and landed with a small splash on the floor. She sighed and stood up and climbed onto the edge.
Her Jet black hair gained life and was taken by the wind wrapping itself around her face. She raised a gloved hand and moved it out of the way.

“I can’t do this anymore! I need to be free!” She screamed into the dying light.
She took a deep breath in and jumped. Whatever she was expecting it to be like defiantly wasn’t this. Freezing cold air entered her lungs and she screamed in agony as it started to crush her from the inside. Windows went flying past her and the ground was approaching far too quickly. She wished she hadn’t jumped that she would still be on the edge staring out at the city she had grown up in. Watching the sun set over the horizon of the buildings.
She closed her eyes and images of the last few days came flying through her mind. They were arguing about how late she had stayed out. They were hugging and crying. They were arguing. He hit her. He walked out the door. Her running after him and being too late. Him gone. Her being alone.

She opened her eyes and screamed.
She was stood about 5ft away from her lifeless body. She watched in horror as paramedics swarmed over it checking for a pulse.

A man appeared out of the crowd that was watching. She recognized him but she didn’t know where from. It pained her to see the sadness in his face, the tears in his eyes. But why didn’t she know him when it was obvious he knew her...
She carried on watching in horror as he shouted at one of the paramedics who was trying to hold him back.

“I need to get to her, I need to. I love her!” He collapsed onto the floor and was helped up and taken away to a nearby cafe by an onlooker. She needed to know who he was and why he was so upset so she followed.

“Come on dear, sit down. Oh coffee over here please” The old woman gestured to the waitress. She helped the man into a booth and he collapsed onto the table crying.
“Why... why her...” he sobbed. He looked up at the old woman who had helped him and thanked her. The waitress brought the coffee over and placed it on the table. He took a sip and placed the cup back on the table.

“Do you need to talk about anything dear; I’m here if you just want to let it all out.” She smiled and gave him a bunch of tissues from her bag. He took them and blew his nose and wiped his eyes.
“Well if you don’t mind, I tell you my story from when I first met her.”

“It was a Thursday I met her the best Thursday of my life. We work at the same place, she’s a reporter and I had just started as a junior in her team. My first port of call was making sure she had everything she needed. I looked a lot different those days really long hair and baggy clothes. Anyway I was at the desk next to hers and I managed to spill the coffee everywhere all over the desk and over the papers the man had just printed out. He screamed at me and shouted calling me a freak that I should quit now. But luckily for me she came to my rescue and even took me for a coffee at lunch. I fell in love straight away.
Every day after that I would make her a coffee and take it to her and she would read some of her new report to me. Then one day she left, just like that no notice or anything just didn’t turn up to work. I found out a couple of weeks later by the man who sat at the desk next to her that she had been pushed down the stairs by her boyfriend and had lost the baby she was carrying. It made me so angry that someone so beautiful and loving could have a boyfriend who was that violent. I just wanted to find out where he lived and hurt him so much. But I knew that this would hurt her more so I tried to forget about her. I cut my hair, smartened up my clothes got myself a very good paying job and made a name for myself. It was a couple of years later when I saw her again she was in the park with her boyfriend they were sat on a blanket and he was feeding her strawberries.
It cut me like a knife to see her with someone else but I knew she would never remember me. When I went back to work I overheard someone talking about a break up and the guy had killed himself. I asked about it and found out it was her. So I found out where she lived and I was on my way over tonight when I arrived at the scene” He burst into tears and hid his face.

She burst into tears too. She remembered him, his cute nerdy smile he would greet her with everyday. The coffee he made so well. The way she caught him looking at her. Then she had left yes because her boyfriend had pushed her down those stairs made her loose her first baby. She remembered the day in the park, the taste of the strawberries then the arguments and the emptiness of her life once her boyfriend had gone...

“Um sir..” A Paramedic appeared at the door of the cafe. “as we have no one to go with her in the ambulance and you seemed like you knew her do you want to go with her?”
He stood up and ran to the door, “of course I will” He followed the paramedic into the ambulance.

She followed him and took in her appearance. There was blood coated in her hair and she had broken what looked like everything. She was such a state. It was then she realised that he was mumbling to himself.

“You’re going to be okay, you still look as beautiful as ever”.
She couldn’t help but smile; she could feel his kind words warming her heart. They arrived at the hospital and she was taken into theatre. Four hours later her body returned and was placed in a ward where he was waiting.

“I love you Sapphire, since the first day I met you” He lent down and pressed his lips to hers.
She felt his lips touch hers and she closed her eyes. When she reopened them again he was standing over her smiling. She opened her mouth to speak and four words came out.
“I love you to.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So here it is, my first one-shot

I hope you guys like it, please comment :)
<3