‹ Prequel: Elven Secret
Sequel: Elven Sword

Elven Spirit

Elven Spirit

Walking along the bank of the Great River, Celebrian was lost in her thoughts and her memories. She remembered Gandalf and how much of a father-figure he was to her when she was younger. She also remembered the last time she saw her love, Legolas, and wondered when she would see him next.

"My child," Galadriel interrupted her grand-daughter's thoughts. "I have ill news."

"What is it, Grandmother?" Celebrian questioned, standing in front of Galadriel.

"Helm's Deep was attacked by the army of Isengard and many of our warriors fell. Haldir was among those dead."

The look of sadness in Galadriel's speech and eyes made Celebrian upset and sad as well.

"But do not fret. Gandalf has returned and he rode to Helm's Deep with the Riders of Rohan. There they finished the orcs of Isengard."

"That is reassuring news, I guess," Celebrian sighed. "What of the Fellowship? What has become of them?"

"The Ring-bearer and his young hobbit friend, Samwise, split from the group. Isildur's heir, Legolas and the dwarf are with Gandalf in Edoras."

"What of the other half-lings?"

"Ah, Merry and Pippin were taken by the Uruk-hai, but they were saved by the Ent, Treebeard. They attacked Isengard and it has fallen. Saruman has died."

Celebrian nodded in content, "I am glad to hear that Sauron's puppet is no longer, but is troubling to hear that the Fellowship split. What of the Man of Gondor?"

"He, too, has died saving the young hobbits, Merry and Pippin."

"That is sad news..."

"Yes, but Gandalf soon rides out for Minas Tirith and then Rohan will also ride out. Gandalf has to convince Lord Denethor to call for Rohan's help though," Galadriel stated.

"That man is hardly worthy to sit on that throne of Gondor. That is the Ranger's seat," Celebrian spat angrily.

"Patience, young one. The day will come when Denethor will no longer sit on the seat of Gondor and Elesser will take his rightful place."

Celebrian stayed silent and thought of her lost friend again. "Sauron will receive no mercy for killing my dear friend, Haldir..."

"Do not go off and hunt him down. It is nearly impossible to get to Sauron without being noticed. War is not a place for you either," Celebrian's grandmother warned.

"I don't care. Something must be done. I must help the Fellowship finish off the Ring and Sauron. I must!" Celebrian exclaimed.

Galadriel watched her grandchild with a small smile, "Do not be seen when you go or your grandfather will surely shut you in your quarters."

Celebrian grinned, "Thank you, Lady Galadriel. I shall be careful. I will be home sooner rather than later."

With one final nod, Galadriel left the riverside and soon after, Celebrian glided to her room to prepare for her long journey to Minas Tirith.

That night, Celebrian escaped the guards of Lorien and was soon on her way to Gondor. She had no horse due to her need to escape discretely, but she hoped to find one in a town nearby.

All day she walked, rarely resting because of her elvish nature, and most of the night she journeyed toward Minas Tirith. When she stopped to rest, she simply ate a few bites of lembas bread, napped, and then she was on her way again.

She followed the Great River until it forked, one way heading toward Fangorn Forest and the other continuing southward toward Minas Tirith.

"Grandmother said that Elesser and some of the other Fellowship were in Edoras," Celebrian thought outloud. "Maybe I should head their first. I do not think Gandalf has yet left Edoras meaning I could get there before Rohan rides out to meet Gondor."

With that, Celebrian began to follow the river towards Edoras where the king of Rohan sat on his throne.

It took about two days for Celebrian to see Edoras in the distance, but instead of sprinting to get there, she rested for several hours.

"Grandmother," she thought, communicating to Galadriel, "Has Gandalf left for Minas Tirith?"

"Yes, Celebrian, but he has not reached it. The beacons are not yet lit," Galadriel answered.

"That is good. Thank you."

Celebrian practically flew up the stairs of Edoras to reach the king. Night had not yet fallen and she knew that they would still be in the main hall.

"Who are you and what is your business with the king?" a guard in front of the door questioned.

"I am Celebrian of Lorien, Granddaughter of Lady Galadriel, and simply wish to speak to the king and the other visitors that are staying here," she answered confidently.

"Forgive me for being rude, My Lady. Please, go in. The king should be inside with Aragorn and his allies."

"Thank you."

Almost excitedly, Celebrian entered the great hall of Edoras where she found the king sitting on his throne, Aragorn eating his dinner with the dwarf and the halfing, Merry. Legolas was standing against a column and there was a lady standing by the king.

"Excuse me for coming unannounced," Celebrian stated, gaining the attention of every person in the hall. "I am Celebrian from Lorien and I have come to help fight against Sauron and his army. He has caused a great friend of mine to fall and I wish for him to feel my pain."

Legolas stood up straight and stared at Celebrian in surprise, but he did not move from his place.

"War is no place for a fair maiden like you," King Theoden stated.

"I am not just a maiden. I am an elf, King Theoden, and I have skills very much needed in a war such as the one that will be occurring sooner than we hoped."

Aragorn stood and walked over to Celebrian, speaking to her in Elvish.

"You should not be here."

Celebrian answered in the same language, "I cannot let Haldir die in vain. He was my greatest friend in Lorien."

Aragorn looked down sadly, "Do not do this."

Legolas joined in, also speaking Elvish, "You cannot do this, Celebrian. Lady Galadriel would not be pleased."

"She let me come here," the female elf answered in the tongue of Man.

"What is it that the three of you are talking about?" King Theoden asked.

Legolas and Aragorn looked at the king and at the same time they replied, "She will fight with us."

"Is that the only reason you came?" Legolas questioned Celebrian after she got herself a room for her stay and was looking out at the land that night.

"Mostly. I did wish to find you as well, but my hatred for Sauron was stronger," Celebrian admitted.

Legolas sighed and stood beside Celebrian, "Though I am glad you are here, these times are unsafe for you. Elf or not, there are many dangerous people and creatures out there to kill."

"I made it here just fine didn't I?"

He opened his mouth to reply, but Celebrian put her finger to his lips.

"No. Do not speak. My grandmother let me come and I want to fight. I am not frightened. I have skills that many women of the Elves do not have. I know how to fight."

The elf before her removed her finger from his lips and he held onto her hand gently. "I presume we must give you weapons then, love," he smiled warmly.

Excitedly, Celebrian latched herself onto Legolas in a hug. "I promise I will be careful," she stated.

Legolas lifted her chin to look at him with his finger, "I will protect you as well as Middle Earth."

Gently, he kissed her forehead and then he departed from her room.

Celebrian smiled and soon found herself asleep, anxious to begin a battle against the forces of Mordor.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I wrote a sequel because I'm in a LOTR mood right now and I figured I could write a little bit. Let me know what you think. :D