Status: Finished! I just have to post all of the chapters on here :)

Now I panic?

Chapter Twenty-three

Kortney's POV

It's Monday.The day before my wedding! I never thought i'd ever be be able to say that. I can't stop shaking; I couldn't eat breakfast, and i've thrown up twice.

The last week has been chaotic, to say the least- things being shoved in my face five at a time for tomorrow.

I had to go for a final fitting yesterday,and had to pick a cake, table cloths,settings, a band, pick out bridesmaids gowns, what will be served for dinner and dessert, what champagne will be there(even though I wont be drinking any of it. Well... not much) and even how bright the lights will be.

Right now I lay on the sofa, Zach next to me, playing our(yes our) PS3... and kicking his butt badly at everything we've played so far. We're about to change games when Mrs. Thomas runs downstairs.

"Come on Kortney!"

Mark and the guys follow after her grumpily, and I blink.

"Where are we going?"

"We're renting rooms at the finest hotel in Cali. Say goodbye to Zachary- you wont see him until you walk down the aisle tomorrow."

"What?!" I start to panic, but Zach is there in an instant, calming me.

"It's okay baby." He looks at his mom. "I can still call her right?"

"For today only. Tomorrow, you can't speak or look at each other until the wedding."

I start to black out now, but Zach holds me up until it fades.

"Mom, she'll have a panic attack right before the wedding if i'm not there!"

Mrs. Thomas stays completely calm. "Mark, and the boys will come with us dear. They'll help her stay calm. Now hurry and say your goodbyes, we really must go,"

Zach sighs, then walks me to the stairs. "One second, we'll be right down." He leads me to a room far down the hall that i've never been to before.

We sit on the bed, silent, and even though i'm keeping my face blank, i'm fighting my own personal war not to burst into tears. I turn to look at Zach, wanting him to speak first.

"It's going to be fine, Kortney. I'm actually happy about this; i'll be able to get my head together before I see you coming down the aisle to me tomorrow."

I can't bring myself to smile for him, still fighting my tears, and he squeezes my hand in understanding. "You can cry if you need to."

I shake my head firmly. "I wont. I'm happy too; I just keep thinking back to all the things I wanted to do before I got married. College, traveling, making a living for myself..."

"You can still do all of those things. We can both still do what we want to do, we just have to keep each other in mind when making decisions."

I nod, and lean forward to hug him. He holds me back, instead leaning down to kiss me, This kiss lasts longer and goes deeper than any we've shared before.

When we end it, we're both breathing a bit unevenly.

"That's the last time i'll kiss you as your fiance," he says, pulling me to my feet. "Next time we'll kiss as husband and wife. Promise me you'll stop thinking of all the negative things; I wont be able to sleep peacefully otherwise."

I manage a smile now. "I promise."

"Good."

We walk back downstairs, and Mark take me away from Zach.

"I'll call you to say goodnight, okay?"

I nod, and Mark and the guys, and Mrs. Thomas walk out with me. Mark turns to me. "So this is really happening."

Yep...this is really happening.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is so late(apparently I haven't posted since August >< sorry) Next chapter is the wedding, which I will try my hardest to make super-extra special for you guys(my loyal fans out there who have to put up with my random months of neglect, this means you), hopefully before the month is over. Fingers crossed ><

_TECH_