Status: currently being worked on

End Game: The opening moves

Pawn

There are many types of people out there. There are the kings and there are the pawns. The pawns have no choice in what happens to them. They cannot think for themselfs or even defend themselfs when it comes to dealing with anyone higher rank them themselfs. A month ago I was one of those pawns. A month ago I was a completly different person.
It all started with a phone call. I worked at a government facility in a place I can't name with a boss I don't really know. I wasn't allowed to know anything more then faces when it came to my bosses. I was part of a group known as S.A.M. Supior arms management. We made some of the best killing machines of the last 30 years. Ever since ww2 the U.S has wanted the best weapons before the war starts and we gave it to them. Einstien didn't build the bomb alone he needed our groups help. I wasn't there back then but I know the history of this place. So it didn't come as a surprise when I got a phone call from management asking my division to start making some nuclear weapons. We had been stockpiling the things just as a way to tell everyone else to NOT fuck with us. Over 99% of the bombs we made weren't even operational. The one thing that was different about this phone call was that they asked us to make working bombs. Needless to say we did our job. Then they asked us to make better tanks,guns,ships,planes,even cloaking devices it was crazy. Then after the phone stopped ringing one week. Me and some of the other guys whent out for a drink. Nice little pub with dim lightening and skunky bear, But it was nice.
It was after a couple bears that thins really got intresting. Mike one of my buddies suddenly pulled me aside as we were leaving. His words were slurred and he sounded like a raging drunk but I understood him perfectly.
He said to me
" Were dead James we are dead! They had us build all those weapons and bombs for a reason. I found out what it is! I managed to peek a glimpse at some of the files. They are planning to take over the world James. A worldwide genocide. Everyone." It was at this point he burst into tears "They are going to kill me James. I stole the files I had to tell someone but they traced it back to me. Go to my house. The secound drawer in the night stand has those files. It shows everything"
He thrust his house keys into my hand and then stumbled out the door. I was a bit shocked at that point but decided to just shrug it off and go on home for the night.
I got home whent to bed and the next morning whent to work. When I got to work everyone was around mikes desk I asked what happend and someone turned to me
" Mike was shot and killed in a mugging last night"
That news hit my like a train. My legs grew weak, my throat closed up, and my eyes widened. The only thing that I could even think about was that Mike was right and if he was right about his death that means he was telling the truth. Mike was murdered not by some random mugger but by someone in the same room as me right now.