The Other Woman

Chapter 41: Monica’s POV

Chapter 41: Monica’s POV

I and my sister were at work at the little family owned store that we operated. We had everything you can ever image. We even sold at to get items which made our store a success.

As I stood behind the counter I listened to Nonnie go on and on about her engagement to Gee and I couldn’t help, but feel jealous. I mean that haven’t even been together that long and they are already engaged. I feel bad. I feel alone and I feel so unloved. How come she gets the happiness?

I love my sister and all and I want her to be happy, but why does she get the happily ever after, when all I get is a try. After all the years that I spent with Frank all I get is a try and after a few months with Gerard Nonnie gets a whole life time. This was bullshit and I was pissed, but I am more pissed at myself because I could have had a happily ever after if I moved up in my relationship with Jepha.

Jepha wanted to be with me, but when Frank said he wanted to give it another try I could believe it. I let my foolish heart get in the way and I looked past something that could have been good. I should have told Jepha yes that I wanted to be with him, but no I didn’t listen to reason.

Wait? What am I doing? Why I’m I questioning my choice. I love Frank and maybe one day he would love me back. No what the hell am I thinking. He will never love me back. He never said that words, but he’s with me and only me that has to count for something, right?

I didn’t realize that I was battling myself until Nonnie screamed my name, “What Non?”

“I said I want you to be my maid of honor and that I want little Anthony to be my ring bearer…” I watched as she sighed, “there is so much we have to do still. I can’t believe I will be married in two mouths. Two mouths!”

I didn’t realize that I was crying until she put the stack of CDs she had down and walked over to me. Taking me into a hug she whispered, “Monica you don’t have to live like this. You can have your happiness. You just have to leave him to get it.”

I closed my eyes and even more tears pooled from my eyes and I just cried, “What’s wrong with me? Why can’t he love me? Am I not good enough?”

She pulled back from me and grabbed me by the face, “You are none of those things. Nothing is wrong with you and you are good enough. You just have to find someone who can see that in you.”

I was still crying when we heard the chime and I quickly wiped my face to before we went to help the customer. Much to my surprise when I looked up it was Jepha and the rest of the Used. I greeted the other three guys, but before I could say anything to Jepha he grabbed me into his arms and said, “Why have you been crying?”

I inhaled his scent and wondered how can a man who has barely known me be so in tune with me. Frankie wasn’t like that or if he was he chose to ignore me or tune me out. When I pulled back to look Jepha in the face I noticed something in his eyes that I never noticed in Frank’s, love. Jepha loved me and I felt something pull at my soul.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment comment comment.