Status: Active

Hanru Sazuki

Hanru Sazuki Volume Two Chapter Eleven: Leader and Follower (Timeline- Summer 2012)

Hanru Narrating: My world has always been a cold and quiet place- nothing to live for; no reason to live. I was 15 at the time I decided to give up on life. Not many people know this, but one reason why I decided to privately investigate serial killers… was the thought of knowing that at any time, one would come for me and end all that was me. I investigated the murder of a man named Ross Geller. I found the killer and approached him directly. He had other plans for me. Just as it seemed my burning candle of life began to flicker away, it flared. The killer was named Jason. Jason was involved with a group of serial killers- he as the leader. He tested me and my ability to survive. He tested my courage, my intelligence, my will to live. These trials given to me from beyond the shadows became significant for even the simplest everyday activity. Every murder I uncovered had a connection. My mind opened up; thinking of possibilities. I couldn’t think straight. So many things went through my mind. I kept these thoughts hidden from the outside world. My cold and empty world began to fill with questionable morals. I now live for something else. I live to find a reason for living. Being a detective may or may not be my destiny, but if it is, it will remain a secret. The fate of Jason’s crew is unknown to me. No soul knows of their whereabouts. Three years ago is the last anyone’s heard from them: Jason’s car was rammed into a pole and his body crashed through the glass window of a nearby bread shop. Allen was stabbed in the middle of the forest by Natasha. Oliver was shot in the neck by Natasha, and Natasha turned on the group and tried to kill me. She was shot multiple times in the chest. Sarah, another member of the group, decided to change her ways. She carried Natasha’s body away. No one knows what happened to them after that. Life goes on in an endless circle of struggle. I’m just trying to create my own line and branch away from the circle of life. I wish to find my own path. I’m 18 years old now; hopefully my life will change for the better.

[Volume Two]

Previously…

Hanru Sazuki was a lost teenage boy trying to find his way. He decided to privately investigate a murder with his two friends, Lee and Mamimi. During his investigations, he discovered a few new accomplices: A barber and techno savvy man named LJ, and a prostitute named Meukie. Unknown to everyone, Meukie and LJ are actually the parents of Hanru’s innocent ex-girlfriend Holly. Holly was kidnapped as a baby by a man she thinks is her real birth father. Her real parents never had a chance to hold her in their arms before she was taken. In the past, Hanru was stabbed in the chest by a sword. He suffered from a massive amount of blood loss. Somehow he lost his memory of the first seven years of his life. His memories come back in bits and pieces. He lives with his uncle Leo now, but Hanru does not know that his uncle plays a huge role in what happened to Him in his past. Hanru’s brother, Lawrence, knows the truth, but decided to leave and move in with a girlfriend Israel. Hanru investigated a group of serial killers and eventually one tried to kill him and his friends. Her name was Natasha. Hanru’s detective uncle, Leo, and his happy-go-lucky partner, Ada, shot Natasha in the chest multiple times before she could kill Hanru. Hanru decided it was too dangerous to be a detective and decided to take a break. Once a year, he decided to solve one case. 3 years have passed, and now he looks forward to seeing what the future holds.

(Hanru jumps out of bed. The sun shines bright and the day is good. Hanru takes a shower, brushes his teeth, and gets ready to leave the home wearing fresh new clothes. He checks himself out in the mirror to make sure he looks clean. He makes sure his face is free of any unwanted facial hair. He runs downstairs and sees his Uncle Leo, eating cereal at the dining room table. A second bowl is displayed on the counter with no milk. Hanru walks up to his uncle. Leo seems to have a lot on his mind. He’s angry and depressed at the same time.)

Hanru: Sorry, uncle, but I don’t have time to eat this morning; I have plans with my friends.

Leo: (Says firmly) Sit down.

Hanru: Okay… (Sits across from Leo)

Leo: You’re going to be 19 this year, and you still don’t have a job. Instead of hanging out with your buddies, I want you to go out and find some employment. (Looks Hanru deep in the eyes) You’re not a kid anymore; you’re an adult. I shouldn’t have to be the one to tell you when you should go out and experience life. It’s time for you to grow up.

Hanru: I’m looking for a job, just not many people are hiring.

Leo: Then work for the neighbors. Be an adult and force yourself into the working world.

Hanru: (Thinking) I can tell my uncle is grumpy about something and dragging this out will only cause unwanted words to be said. Perhaps it’s best I just end this conversation. (Says to Leo) I’m sorry, uncle. I’ll work harder on getting a job.

Leo: Good. Now go.

(Hanru gets up and raises his hand to say goodbye. He walks to the front door and grabs the handle.)

Leo: You better come back with at least two applications. You’re not welcome back into this house until I see them in your hand with my own two eyes!

Hanru: Okay. (Walks outside)

(Ada cautiously walks out from the kitchen wearing one of Leo’s long shirts and her white underwear. She nervously tip-toes toward Leo as she stares at the front door.)

Ada: He’s not coming back in, is he?

Leo: (Poking at cereal) Probably not.

Ada: Hey babe…

(Ada walks up to Leo and sits on one of his legs. She wraps her arms around his shoulder and gives him a big gentle kiss. Leo’s mood in unchanged.)

Ada: (Worried) What’s wrong, honey? You’ve been walking around here with horse face for the past 2 weeks now. Tell me what’s the matter… please? Is it the house? Cause if it’s the house we can buy a bigger one, I mean whatever makes you happy.

Leo: No, Ada (Sighs). The house is fine, it’s just… work. Sometimes it just doesn’t seem worth it- being a cop.

Ada: Hey (Kisses again). Whether or not people acknowledge you or appreciate the things you do for them, you need to know that in your heart, you’re doing the right thing. You help put homicidal maniacs behind bars. You cage in the monsters and you leave them to rot away in prison. They deserve it, Leo. You’re doing the right thing. (Kisses again) That’s why I love you.

Leo: (Cracks a smile) I love you too. (Kisses back) Come on, we should get down to the station. I want to get to the briefing early. Last time the Lieutenant was having a bad day and me showing up a few seconds late gave her an excuse to use for verbal therapy.

Ada: She was going through a bad time then. You can’t hold her accountable for that. Just remember; you are in control of how you react to certain situations.

Leo: Yeah… Thanks for keeping me honest with myself.

Ada: That’s what I’m here for (giggles). I bet I’m the best girlfriend you’ve ever had.

Leo: Oh so you’re my girlfriend now? What are we in high school now? I think you’re a little bit too old for that?

Ada: (Laughs) Oh and you’re not old?! You’re older than me!

Leo: (Chuckles) You know I’m only tryna make you laugh. I love that smile of yours.

(A few seconds of silent eye contact.)

Ada: I should probably get dressed now.

Leo: Yeah, you should. (Both kiss again)

(Hanru walks next door and sees old lady Ming watering her garden. He stops to talk to her.)

Hanru: Hey, Ming.

Ming: (Smiles with joy) Oh hello, Hanru. Nice day isn’t it?

Hanru: You always ask me that question and I always give you the same answer. (Chuckles)

Ming: (Laughs) Of course. I’m just a happy old lady is all. My smile shines as bright as the summer sun.

Hanru: Of course it does…

Ming: Lee isn’t home right now. He and Mamimi left to go see a movie.

Hanru: And they didn’t invite me?

Ming: I suppose not, dear. I’m sorry

Hanru: Thanks, Ms. Ming. You have a good day. (Walks away)

Ming: (Waves goodbye) Stay safe!

(LJ is a young light-skinned African American. He’s currently standing in a dark office with a few well-dressed men surrounding the room with their hands together. A very powerful and mysterious man sits behind the desk in front of LJ. His name is Mr. Zonoda. Mr. Zonoda is a mixture of Surinamese and Puerto Rican, but identifies himself as Puerto Rican. Zonoda and LJ are both watching a tape on the small black T.V. on the desk.)

Zonoda: And you say this tape was delivered to my front porch?

LJ: The package was still wet from sweaty hands.

Zonoda: I suppose some good came from this hot sun. Play it.

(LJ plays the tape. A blonde woman is strapped to a wooden chair. The side of her head is bleeding and she’s breathing really hard while sweat drips down her face. A bandana is tied around her mouth to prevent her from speaking. Two men with ski masks stand beside her. One talks, but his voice is disguised with a deep heavy tone.)

Masked man: I trust you’ll remember who we are, and what we’re capable of doing once this is all over. Now before I continue explaining my point, let me just make something clear to you. We are in control of this situation; not you. You’ve been in control long enough. Now it’s time you knew what it feels like to be on the sidelines waiting for someone to give you orders and tell you what to do. The woman we have here is your sister, Nicky. She’s a nice young woman- a doctor in fact. She can save a lot of lives. But are you really willing to let her and hundreds of other people die, just because you couldn’t follow our rules of the game? I trust I have your full attention now. Many years ago, your brother was gunned down by a rival gang. We are that rival gang. Your brother wouldn’t cooperate with us so we had to kill him. Now we have your sister, and she’s much more reluctant to fighting back. Here’s what we want: 10 million dollars each; that’s 20 million all together. Give us that and we’ll agree to let your sister go free. You have 1 week to comply with our offer. Go to the Blue Ocean Marina at 12:00 midnight. Go to your boat and flash the light we left for you onboard. That’s when we’ll know you’ve made the right choice to do what we say. We’ll send you another video, explaining where to drop the money off at.

(The video tape stops. All of the security leaves the room. Zonoda sighs and slowly reaches for his pistol. He points his pistol at the door and shoots at it six times to release his frustration. The door opens up and one of the security guards falls to the ground holding his arm in pain and grunting.)

Kaito: Pick him up! Get outta here! Get him a nurse or something; call Sasha!

(The guards pick him up of the floor and quickly leave the room; closing the door behind them.)

LJ: Put your gun down and focus on your breathing. You remember what your therapist told you before you shot him.

(Zonoda throws the gun on the desk and begins pacing back and forth around his desk for a few seconds while breathing.)

Zonoda: (Sits on the chair) I’m sorry you had to see me like this. I know I can be pretty terrifying.

LJ: Ah, don’t worry about it; I understand. Look, you need a strong head if you’re going to get these guys. If they really killed your brother, they’re going to kill your sister first chance they get. They know how close you and your sister are, so they can just make you drop the money off somewhere, then snipe you, and kill your sister. Not to mention take 20 mill. We don’t know how intelligent these guys are or what their major objective really is, so it’s best we look at the situation from every prospective.

Zonoda: As long as they have my sister, they have the advantage; is that what you are saying…?

LJ: I know you hate to admit someone has a hand over you, but yes. The strings are your sister and you’re the puppet. They’re the puppet masters controlling you through the love you have for your sister.

Zonoda: Ugh! This is just so stressful! How do I explain this to my mother?! I told you she was recently released from the hospital after the minor stroke she suffered recently. I have a dinner date with her later and I’m not cancelling on her again because of business!

LJ: Then call in the smartest advisor you have and let’s think of a solution as quick as we can.

Zonoda: Send in Mikhail.

(Mikhail walks into the office and up to Zonoda. Mikhail has a very calm yet cocky attitude. He’s always impeccably dressed, has his dark blonde hair slicked back, and wears glasses. Mikhail is also Russian.)

Mikhail: These men are no dummies. They know how powerful you are, Kaito. Because you’re mixed, you fit in more with the Ethnic varieties. You have many men at your feet, ready to give their lives to keeping you in one peace. This arrangement will not happen without bloodshed. They will plan for your men to be in the shadows, waiting for them to reveal their faces.

Zonoda: … How… How can I even be sure she’s still alive as we speak?

Mikhail: You don’t, Kaito, but worrying about what could be is a waste of yours and my talent. You pay me to think and strategize in situation such as this, so that’s what I am going to do!

Zonoda: (Lightly bites thumb) What do you implore we do, Mikhail?

Mikhail: Do as they say; make the deal. But hire only one man to watch over you. A sniper- Timothy Young.

Kaito: You hate Timothy. Why would you advise I hire him for something as important as this?

Mikhail: (Rubs hands together) Cause it’s just that: Important. Timothy and I may have our disagreements, but he is still a good shot, and I’ve got to give him credit for that. I have spoken. (Walks out of the room)

LJ: Timothy Young is not cheap, Mr. Kaito.

Kaito: I can afford him. I’m the don; making money is one of my many responsibilities as a leader. Find Timothy; tell him I want to hire him.

LJ: Yes, sir.

(Neighborhood)

(Mimi and Lee are seen walking up to a very beautiful white one-story house. They walk onto the porch and Mimi rings the doorbell.)

Mimi: The lady who lives here was curious to know more about the charity campaign I work with. I was told to come here and tell her a little bit of how things work with us.

Lee: You know I still don’t get why people donate charity to animals. I mean how can you give charity to something you eat? That’s like me giving a hooker money to better her life, then taking her back to my house to do her doggy style.)

Mimi: Wow, I’ve known you 10 years and surprisingly… I still haven’t adapted to your inappropriate and profane humor.

Lee: Wow, 10 years already, and we still haven’t hooked up? We might have to change that. (Wraps his arm around her waist)

Mimi: (Chuckles) And what makes me so appealing to you?

Lee: (Hugs her tight with excitement) Well… you’re such an awesome person and you’re beautiful, and you know how to take a joke without getting period prune. That’s why I love you, buddy. (Kisses her on the cheek)

Mamimi: Alright, alright, I love you too. (Pushes Lee off her in a friendly way)

(A very saddened Mexican lady opens the door. Her face is drenched with tears.)

Mamimi: Umm… Hi, I’m from… The charity…

Lady: Now is really not a good time; I am sorry. Please come back later.

Mamimi: May I ask what’s wrong?

Lady: There is really nothing you can do, but thank you though, sweet child.

Mamimi: Please, ma’am. I joined the donation community to help those who are in happy in their current living conditions. That doesn’t just consist of animals, ma’am.

(The three of them are now sitting in the lady’s beautifully decorated living. The lady hands a photo album to Mimi. She skims through the pages.)

Lee: Is this your son?

Lady: Yes. He is only 19 years old.

Lee: Same age as us pretty much.

Mimi: He’s cute; he has your eyes. Does he have a troublesome girlfriend of any kind? Is that why you’re upset?

Lady: No, it’s nothing so simple.

Lee: He has a boyfriend?

Lady: (Chuckles) No (Wipes tears off her face). My son; he’s a smart boy- very polite, hardworking. He never brings home any unclean girls. He prefers neat hard working women. (Mimi gives her the album back) Unfortunately, the women he does choose always end up breaking his heart. He’s a fragile boy when it comes to love.

Lee: Maybe your boy just isn’t healthy chick magnet material, no offense.

Mimi: Don’t be rude, Lee.

Lady: I don’t know what to think of my son anymore. He was arrested a few weeks ago. He was accused of murdering a cop outside a gas station. I know they have it on tape, but I refuse to believe my Gabriel would do such a thing. He is not a violent child. (Begins to cry slightly harder)

(Mimi sits next to her and puts her hand on the lady’s shoulder.)

Mimi: It’s okay, ma’am. I’m sure your son is innocent.

Lady: My son called me on the phone just recently before you got here. The police beat him at night and deny him phone calls most days.

Mimi: Oh my, gosh; that’s awful.

Lady: There’s nothing… (Holding in her tears) There’s nothing I can do to protect my son. Do you know what it’s like being a mother unable to protect her child?

Mimi: I can imagine it’s very hard.

Lady: No words can explain it.

(Mimi and Lee both make eye contact for a few seconds. Lee shrugs his shoulders.)

Mimi: Listen, Ma’am… I think I know someone who can help. He’s one of my closest friends. He’s what you would say-

Lee: (Cuts Mimi off) Someone who likes to keep his secrets private.

Mimi: I was going to say “private detective.”

(Lee and Mimi make eye contact again. Lee looks disappointed. Mimi looks back at the lady.)

Mimi: He can help your son. He can help prove his innocence.

Lee: That’s if he is innocent.

Mimi: Lee, stop it!

Lady: No, it is okay. If your friend really is a detective, he can help me understand the situation better and prove to me whether or not my Gabriel is truly innocent. But I am afraid I have no money to give at the moment.

Mimi: I’ll see if I can get him to help you out no charge.

(Lee and Mimi are leaving the lady’s front lawn. The two of them seem upset.)

Mimi: How could you be so cruel and insensitive to that woman’s feeling?! She’s going through a hard time!

Lee: How could you be insensitive to Hanru’s secrets? He stopped being a detective 3 years ago and he never wanted anyone else to know about that other than us!

Mimi: That woman was in pain! I couldn’t just walk away and let her flood her house with tears! I had to do something to give her hope!

Lee: By telling her there’s a possibility her son is innocent?! If this Miguel guy-

Mimi: Gabriel!

Lee: Whatever! If this guy is guilty, you might just make that woman’s life a whole lot worse! Right now, the only thing keeping her together is the thought of knowing that her son may still be innocent and pure. If he turns out guilty, the whole image of her son will be shattered. Her world will fall apart, and her life may never get back to normal! Maybe next time you’ll learn to leave things be!

Mimi: We’ll let Hanru figure things out, cause all this arguing is getting us nowhere.

Lee: You being a girl makes you too emotional, Mimi. You need to watch that. Don’t feel sorry for people and give them false hope!

Mimi: Alright fine, sorry.

Lee: Now I thought we were supposed to be seeing a movie; when does it start?

Mimi: I think it’s sometimes today…

Lee: (Chuckles) Smarty-pants.

(Bookstore, customer service counter)

(Hanru is standing at the customer service counter. He’s talking to a kind lady.)

Woman: Hi, how may I help you?

Hanru: I was wondering if you had any job applications.

Woman: We most certainly do. Here you are. (Hands Hanru the application) Now if there’s anything else you need, just holler okay?! (Laughs)

Hanru: (Fakes a chuckle) Thank you.

(Hanru walks away. A woman with long dirty blonde hair walks beside him and follows him as he makes his way to the front door exit. She seems to have a very dark personality.)

Natasha: A bookstore; really? Everyone already thinks you’re a hopeless loser. Working at a bookstore will only prove their point.

Hanru: How about this, Natasha: You’re dead! When you have a body to call your own, then you can judge the choices I make.

Natasha: It doesn’t bother you that you talk to a dead woman? Your insanity makes being in your head a lot more interesting.

Hanru: You died in front of me and I gazed into your eyes as you took your last breath. Your demented soul somehow went into my body; I have no control of you following me around everywhere.

Natasha: Or maybe I’m just a figment of your imagination. Maybe I’m the little voice in your head manifested in this form because Natasha is the only person whose dark side you could relate to.

(Hanru exits the store.)

Natasha: How does it feel to have your deepest, darkest, and most personal thoughts rise to the surface and conjure into a being? You know you’ve always had a dark side. You’ve always had the thoughts of a killer, and I am those thoughts. I am not Natasha’s demon; I am your demon… just in Natasha’s form. And of course some of Natasha’s evil has escaped into your body from watching her die. Looking into a person’s eyes; watching them take their last breath- that can change anybody. Except for maybe sociopaths.

Hanru: (Annoyed) I am a sociopath.

Natasha: That may be true, but unlike most mentally challenged individuals, you are aware of your crazy and therefore have more control over it.

Hanru: (Frustrated) I’m done discussing this.

Natasha: (Stops following) One of these days, you’ll have to face me! You either embrace me, or you extract me.

Hanru: I’m done talking to you.

Natasha: The longer you run from me, the harder it will be later on for you to deal with me.

Hanru: (Aggressively walks up to Natasha) I have accepted that you’re a part of me and I’ve decided to keep you suppressed. I’d rather just not even deal with you at all and live the rest of my life with you tucked away. Now please leave me alone!

(Hanru looks over and sees a woman holding her child close while giving Hanru a nervous look.)

(Police Station)

(Leo walks into the station and talks to a co-worker. The co-worker is named Justin. The two of them are at Justin’s desk.)

Justin: I’ve noticed you’ve been pretty tense around here lately. Maybe you should see a therapist. Or smoke some weed; whatever floats your boat.

Leo: I don’t need any weed.

Justin: Yes, but do you want weed? That is the question my good man.

Leo: (Annoyed) No!

Justin: Are you sure? Cause I got some from the evidence locker.

Leo: I’m gonna pretend I didn’t hear that. And listen, my boat already floats for someone.

Justin: Yeah… Ada right?

Leo: What?

Justin: That look you just had gave it away.

Leo: What look? There was no look?

Justin: You’re usually a grumpy guy who cares for no one and is just heartless. You just gazed off into space when you said that sentence, so I know you’re in love, but you want more, don’t you? (Gets close and talks silently) You want to ask Ada to marry you.

Leo: Mind your own business, Hargrove.

Justin: (Laughs) You so want to marry her. After three years, you’re finally gonna strap yourself down in the rocket of love. You’re aiming to the highest point of your relationship. I’m proud of you, man. I’m proud of you for moving on.

Leo: You keep your mouth shut, alright, Justin? No one else needs to know about this.

Justin: Don’t worry; my lips are as tight as the shackles you’ll be wearing during your marriage.

Leo: Yeah, whatever.

Sergeant Adam Giovanni: Justin, would you come here please?

Justin: I’m on my way, sir; I’m not “engaging” in anything right now.

Leo: Keep your mouth shut, Hargrove.

(Justin walks up to Adam’s desk and sits down on the other side of the desk. The Sergeant has a serious look on his face.)

Adam: There will be a lot of changes in this office, Justin. One of those changes is dropping one of our officers. I’m sorry, Justin, but I’ve been going through your paperwork and the past cases you’ve recently working on, and I feel you should be the officer we drop.

Justin: What?! But, sir, I mean, I worked so hard in this department for three years. What am I supposed to do with my life now; I put everything into this? Do you expect me to just work at a gas station selling liquor and lottery tickets, then spending all my money on ladies of the night?!

Adam: If you did do that… (Puts badge on desk) Then I would have to choose another cop to promote to homicide.

Justin: (Looks down in embarrassment and chuckles) Wow, Serge; way to make a fool out of me. (Grabs badge with excitement.) Is this really happening? Is this really my official homicide shield?

Adam: It is. Congratulations, Detective Hargrove.

(Adam and Justin shake hands. The law enforcement in the room begin to applaud.)

Officer1: Yeah, alright, Justin.

Officer2: You’re the man!

Officer3: Do the streets proud; show ‘em some new blood justice!

Justin: Thanks guys… This really means a lot to me. (Grins and caresses the badge.)

Adam: You take good care of that, you hear? Those aren’t exactly cheap to make.

Justin: (Laughs) Thanks, Serge- Uh Sergeant- sir. (Sighs) Thank you.

(Everyone continues to applaud.)

Adam: Okay, everybody, let’s get to work; bad guys aren’t gonna catch themselves. Unless they don’t cover their tracks of course and do something stupid to get themselves caught like they usually do.

(Ada walks into the room. And up to Leo’s desk. Everyone stops applauding after a few second.)

Ada: Hey, babe. (Kisses Leo with excitement)

Leo: Hey…

Ada: (Hugs Leo with excitement) Ooh, I missed you so much!

Leo: I missed you to, baby…

(Ada makes Leo lean back a bit in his chair a bit. A small black box falls on the floor. Ada sees it and picks it up. Leo panics.)

Leo: Oh, that’s mine; I forgot too… (Sighs)

Ada: (Opens the box) Oh my, gosh. Leo, is this an engagement ring?

Leo: Yes, Ada, it is…

Ada: (Smiles) I’m guessing this isn’t a promotion gift for Justin?

Leo: It’s for you. I was waiting for the right time to say the words “will you marry me”.

Ada: (Gasps) YES! Yes, Leo! I will marry you! I will be happily be Mrs. Leo Sazuki.

(The officers begin to applaud once again and whistle. Leo and Ada stop kissing and hug. Leo looks at Justin and Justin gives him the thumbs up. Leo is a bit nervous and confused because this wasn’t his actual proposal. He chuckles and puts on a smile for everyone to see. He stands up and both he and Ada passionately kiss.)

Adam: Today is just a glorious day! Tonight, drinks are on me!

(Everyone cheers once again.)

(Park)

(LJ, Kaito, Mikhail, and a quiet buff bodyguard, all sit in a public park. They watch all the people exercise and do various activities. There are dozens and dozens of people. Kaito is smoking a cigar. His phone rings, but Kaito stares at the caller ID a few seconds and then puts the phone back in his pocket.)

Kaito: (Takes a puff of his cigar) I once raided a warehouse with a semi-automatic sub machine gun and an AK47. All the people you see alive in this park amount to about half the people I killed that night. (Takes another puff) Life is a funny thing, isn’t it?

LJ: Hysterical. But how were you able to carry that heavy weaponry by yourself?

Kaito: You see these muscles? You see this upper body strength? I was a jock during my youth. High school was a very settling time for me. You see to do this job; you need to be strong in mind, and in body.

Mikhail: Kaito, we need to speak business now.

Kaito: Why have you brought me here, Mikhail?

Mikhail: From the Intel I have received from out foot soldiers, a lot of deals go down in this park. Keep in mind that this may be a place where those thugs would want to make the exchange.

Kaito: There’s a high building not too far from here. Timothy can set up there and do what he does best.

Mikhail: There is only one sniper location, so be cautious of them having a sniper as well. We wouldn’t want the two snipers posting up in the same spot.

Kaito: You’re a good advisor, Mikhail. (Pats him on the back) That’s why I hired you.

(Kaito’s phone rings again.)

Kaito: Aye, I gotta answer this. I can’t avoid my mother forever. (Answers phone)

(Lee and Mamimi walk into the movie theaters. They walk up to the concession stand to order their food.)

Lee: You go ahead and order our snacks; I’ll get us some good seats.

Mimi: What, no! You just want me to get the snacks so you can duck out of paying.

Lee: You know me too well; we should get married.

Mimi: Look, you suck at finding seats, so I’ll pick us a spot and you get the snacks. After you buy everything bring me the receipt and I’ll pay you back half of whatever you paid.

Lee: Yes, dear. (Chuckles)

(Mimi walks away. She gets into the theater room about a minute later. She gets to the top and talks to a very cool and laid back boy about her age. She sits next to him.)

Chris: Hey, babe, what took you?

(Both begin to tongue kiss instantly for 5 seconds.)

Chris: Did you have waffles this morning?

Mimi: (Embarrassed) I had them after I brushed my teeth this morning. I just didn’t feel like brushing again. But hey, babe… Listen. My friend Lee will be up here soon. I didn’t tell him we were meeting you, so he has no idea you’re here. Please try to act nice to him, please?

Chris: Oh, hey, sure, no problem. I’m cool.

Mimi: (Excited) Thanks.

(The two of them cuddle together.)

Chris: What other things have you not told your friends?

Mimi: Well… I haven’t told them about my family, or my past, or my real name, or my living conditions.

Chris: What living conditions?

Mimi: Well, Chris… You see, my parents are actually my adoptive parents. Once I turned 18, they wanted me out of the house. But they sadly had money issues and wanted me to stay to help them out until they got back on their feet. I helped them out, but now they want me out of the house. I have nowhere to live right now. I’m currently looking for some cheap apartments.

Chris: Awe, baby. Just come stay at my house. My brother is always working so he’s never there most of the time anyway. I maybe see him twice a week.

Mimi: Chris, we’ve only been dating a few weeks now; don’t you think this is a bit too fast?

Chris: Well when my girl is being thrown out into the streets, I need to move fast to catch her.

Mimi: Sometimes you’re corny, you know that? (Both kiss)

(Mimi’s phone goes off. She stops kissing to read it. After she reads it, she laughs and turns her phone off.)

Mimi: Lee met a girl by the concession stand and decided to hang-out with her. Oh well. At least I get to kiss all I want with no interruptions now. (Kisses again)

(Strip club)

(Hanru walks into an empty strip club. A woman with long brown hair is sitting at the bar having a drink. She’s wearing nothing but a white fur robe. Hanru walks up and sits in the chair next to her.)

Meukie: Haven’t seen you in a while, kid. What’ve you done with your life the past three years?

Hanru: I’ve been living day-by-day. I see you still haven’t changed one bit. I thought you would’ve chosen a different career path, Meukie.

Meukie: Meukie is my street name; you know that. (Puts cigarette in her mouth and lights it.)

Hanru: Then what should I call you?

Meukie: (Blows out smoke) Call me Jezebel for all I care; that’s pretty much what I am.

Hanru: Meukie, what happened to you? Three years ago, you were a prostitute, but at least you had dignity. And since when did you start smoking cigarettes?!

Meukie: Look, Hanru… Stuff happens; people change. That’s how the game of life is played: You either change with the world, or you stay behind and fall into a life-sucking abyss. I of course chose to move on and suck on other things (Chuckles and smokes cigarette.)

Hanru: You disappoint me, Meukie. I came here hoping to see that you’ve done better with your life, but I see now, I was wrong. We were such good friends.

Meukie: You want me to be a good friend to you? (Puts out cigarette and puts in on the counter.) Then open your legs and drop 20 dollars down on the counter. (Sounds sexy) I can be a real good friend to you… (Rubs her hand on his thigh)

Hanru: You’ve lost all respect from me.

(Hanru angrily gets out of the chair.)

Meukie: Wait, Han… (Sighs) Sit down… Sit.

(Hanru sits back on the chair.)

Meukie: My real name is Janet. I’m sorry I never told you.

Hanru: Janet… Listen to me… What happened to you?

Janet: I was all alone. I just wanted some company, that’s all. (Smiles) I never got the attention I wanted, so I uh… became a stripper. People recognized me, they appreciated me, and they gave me attention. That’s all I really wanted. (Takes a drink)

Hanru: You must be thinking about your past. Your father sells you to a man when you were a little girl. That man kidnaps 8 other little girls and raises them to be hookers. Once the girls were old enough, he kicked them out in the streets. I understand you and Sarah were two of those girls.

Janet: Hanru, this life is all I know. I just want something more out of life, but this is all I‘m good at and know what to do.

Hanru: How about we try finding the man who bought you?

Janet: (Takes drink) How about we try finding the man who sold me? I never knew what happened to my father.

Hanru: We’ll help you find your father then.

(Hanru and Janet both go to the apartment of Hanru’s big brother Lawrence. They are all talking in the living room.)

Lawrence: Hanru, LJ is not the one who wants to be found. I know he’s a computer expert, but you need to find another way to lookup Meukie’s father.

Janet: My friends call me Janet.

Lawrence: Alright, look… Israel is coming home from work soon. I’m sure she’s not going to appreciate you being in our apartment after what you did, Meukie. I suggest you two get out before problems are caused.

Hanru: You’re a bit jumpy and rude today.

Lawrence: Israel can be a very stressful girlfriend to live with. After her dad died three years ago, her attitude just went… overboard. She’s very straightforward and very impetuous. She’s also very violent and… (Sighs)

Hanru: You’re like a time bomb ready to go off on her, but you love her too much to let her get you to that point.

Lawrence: (Smiles) You don’t even like relationships, little brother; how could you possible know how I feel?

Hanru: I met a girl named Daphne three years ago. I never told anyone about her before.

Lawrence: Oh, well lucky me being the first to hear about her.

(The front door opens and a very angry blonde walks in. She sees Janet and slams the door.)

Israel: What is that street rat doing in my house, Lawrence?!

Janet: (Uses her sexy voice and climbs all over Lawrence) I was hoping to make sweet, sweet love to your devilishly handsome man… He called me over.

Israel: I should just kill you right now.

(Israel reaches into her purse and pulls out a very small magnum. Everyone begins to panic as she points the gun at Janet.)

Lawrence: Whoa, Israel, where’d you get a gun?!

Israel: (Says to Janet) Let’s have a little chat, shall we? Put your mouth to some good use other than sucking dick.

Janet: (Calm and cocky) At least I know how to pleasure a man; unlike you. Your boyfriend told me about how terrible you are in bed…

Hanru: Israel…

Natasha: No, Hanru. Just watch. You know you want to see Janet’s blood spray all over the room, just as much as I do. Just let it happen; don’t get involved.

Lawrence: Listen to me, babe; everything she’s telling you is a lie. I never told her anything about us or our relationship.

Israel: Shut up! I’m very tempted to shoot you for letting her into our house.

Hanru: Israel, stop this. I know you miss your father, but you can’t follow in his footsteps.

Israel: You just don’t understand Hanru. You’re just a kid; you can’t possible understand.

Hanru: I understand you’re not thinking this through.

Israel: Oh I’ve thought this through. I’ve thought this through in my head over and over again like a broken record. This slut lived with us at one point! She went out and did her prostitution thing, then she came home and infected me with a disease! I don’t know how I got an STD from her; I never even had sex with her!

Lawrence: Wait, you’ve had an STD for three years and you’ve never told me?

Israel: No… And I had my reasons okay. My father just died and I didn’t want to be all alone! You were all I had left. We use to be a part of a group of serial killers, Lawrence. But our group separated and died off. You and LJ are the only two people left in my life.

Lawrence: That would explain why you denied me sex for three years. That would also explain why you’ve been such a female dog lately.

Israel: Unfortunately, I am a sex addict. But I love you too much to cheat, so I just bottle in my sexual desires and it eventually turns into hate and rage. And it’s all this girl’s fault. I need to kill her! It’s the only method I know for easing the pain.

Lawrence: What, killing? Have you been out killing people, Israel?!

Israel: I was raised around killers, I know how not to get caught.

Natasha: This is too much talking for my taste. I wish she would just pull the trigger so we can enjoy the fountain of blood spray everywhere.

Hanru: Israel, either you pull the trigger, or you don’t. Holding a gun up to her face is only wasting our time.

(Israel aims at Janet and pulls the trigger. The gun clicks. Israel checks the gun.)

Israel: I just came back from killing some guy I meet in an alley way. I loaded all six shots to his chest. If I had ammo, I would have killed you already, Meukie. Oh well. Get out of my house, before I change my mind on letting you live. Leave now!

(Hanru and Janet talk in the hallway.)

Janet: Look, Hanru, I have connections in the street. I’ll track LJ down, and when I do, I’ll call you alright?

Hanru: Yeah… Sorry for the whole incident with Israel and everything.

Natasha: I’m sorry, her corpse isn’t lying dead on the floor with a bullet to the face.

Janet: I’ve been held hostage many times; guns don’t scare me as much as they use to.

Hanru: Is that why you stupidly provoked her?

Janet: (Places her hand on Hanru’s shoulder) I appreciate your concern, but I’m alright now and that’s all that should matter. Now I’ll see in soon.

Hanru: See you in the future, Janet.

(Justin and Ada are talking in the lounge. The two of them are drinking small cups of purified water. A random man walks past them.)

Random man: Hey congratulations, you two.

Justin: Thanks!

Ada: So have you meet your soon-to-be partner yet?

Justin: You know, I never thought about who my next partner will be.

Ada: I hear he’s talking to the captain right now. The captain wants to know more about this guy and make sure he’s fit for the job.

(In the office of Captain Newson)

(Henry is being questioned by Maurice Newson. Maurice is watching Henry’s every face expression to see his reaction to the situation. Henry seems to be laid back and professional. He doesn’t seem very nervous at all. He’s a cool go with the flow kind of guy who seems optimistic.)

Maurice: What do you believe qualifies you to become an asset to our department?

Henry: I’m very ambitious, sir. One of the main goals in my life was to be a very successful man and do what’s right to help my fellow man.

Maurice: How serious do you handle your responsibilities when on duty?

Henry: I do what can to follow protocol and I obey the orders my superiors assign me, sir.

Maurice: How well do you respond to last minute changes to your working schedule?

Henry: Honestly I’m a man who plans things out in his life. I like to be able to know what I’m working with. So I don’t usually do well with changes to my schedule… Sir.

Maurice: Tell me a little bit about yourself.

Henry: The environment of my home was majority of the time depressing. My father was in the military and he wasn’t really there for me as a boy. But we still communicated and we were still able to bond. But I still wished I could’ve spent time with him in person. That would’ve been nice. But uh… My mother was there for me. She took care of me and my brothers and little sister the best she could. Sadly I’m the only one who grew up to be successful. My oldest brother left the nest at an early age and was never heard from again. My other brother was gunned down during a bank robbery. And my sister is just a teenager, but she’s lost her way. Don’t even get me started on her issues.

Maurice: I’m sorry to hear that. At least your brother died doing a good deed.

Henry: My brother was one of the robbers.

Maurice: I know. But in the report it said he died trying to save the life of a woman and her child. Witnesses confirmed.

Henry: Yeah the leader of the group tried killing a woman cause she called the police. But my brother only wanted to get the money and go. The only reason why he robbed the bank was to be able to pay for our mother’s medical bills. She’s gone now too.

Maurice: I’m sorry that had to happen too. So I can see you lived a rough life. Most law enforcement have. It’s why most of them made the choice to be a cop. I can tell you’ve become a cop to make up for your families’ mistakes. I can tell cause when I asked you to tell me about yourself, you weren’t hesitant to tell me about your family and their problems.

Henry: Correct, sir.

Maurice: And you had that look in your eye; the look of an honest cop.

Henry: You’re very observant.

Maurice: I’m the Captain; that’s my job.

(Henry walks up to Justin and Ada after leaving the captain’s office. Henry and Ada make eye contact for a few seconds. Before anyone can say one word, Ada walks away.)

Henry: She must be the shy one of the department?

Justin: What? Oh, no, she’s pregnant or something, look, new guy. (Wraps arm around his shoulder) The officers in this department take their duties as law enforcement very seriously. I don’t care where you came from; you’re in our house now and you follow our rules. You got that, rookie?

Henry: Alright, first of all: Keep your hands off me. (Moves Justin’s arm off him) Second: I follow the sergeant’s orders; not his bootlickers’. Now if you’d excuse me; I’ve got a new partner to meet (Walks away).

Justin: He established his place in the department with dominance. We’ll see how far that takes him.

(Ada is leaning against the wall in a hallway. She seems nervous. Henry walks up to her.)

Henry: You must be Ada. I’ve heard a lot about you. (Reaches hand out)

Ada: (Shakes his hand nervously for 3 seconds) Uh… You know so much about me, yet, I know nothing about you…

Henry: (Says in shady tone) Don’t worry; I know it’s not easy switching partners at such a short notice. At least for some people it isn’t. But I think you’ll find me to be very… desirable to work with. It’s good to give people chances and not just judge them.

Ada: (Fakes a chuckle) Yeah…

Henry: I’ll be seeing you around… Partner…

Ada: Yeah, sure.

(Henry walks away. Ada sighs and has a nervous look on her face.)

(Fancy Restaurant)

(A very beautiful; well-dressed old lady sits in a booth of a very crowded restaurant. She looks around at all the wonderful couples talking in their booths and having a great time. She signs and begins to fall into a daydream. Kaito comes out of nowhere and startles her as he kisses her on the cheek.)

Kaito: (Excited) Hey, Ma!

Ma: Ooh! Kaito, you’re going to give an old lady a heart attack.

Kaito: Sorry, ma; I thought you saw me walk in. (Sits across the table)

Ma: Before your sister gets here-

(Kaito silently sighs nervously and leans back in his chair.)

Ma: I’d like to talk about you and Sandra.

Kaito: (A bit restless) Aye, no, mom. Look Sandra is fine and she’s happy with Daniel. They have their own relationship; they don’t need me.

Ma: How can you say that?

Kaito: (Leans forward and grabs his mother’s hands) Look, ma-

Ma: I want a grandson. Every time I gave birth to one of you, I always felt like my chances for having a grandchild would get better. (Smiles) Your brother is gone and your sister… Your sister is in her 30’s and still doesn’t know what she wants out of life. You are my last hope before I pass from this earth, to give me what I’ve always wanted.

Kaito: (Saddened) Ma… You have a grandchild.

Ma: I know, but I never see him.

Kaito: (Takes a deep breath) One of these days I’ll take on a lovely bride and we’ll have many beautiful grandchildren.

(Kaito’s mother smiles and the two of them stop holding hands.)

Ma: Where is that sister of yours?

Kaito: She uh… (Looks down at the table) She called and cancelled at the last minute.

Ma: Kaito… You’re lying to me. Where is your sister?

Kaito: (Pauses for a few seconds) She’s fine, mom.

Ma: No she’s not. Is she in some kind of trouble? Is she in trouble because of you?

Kaito: The same guys who got Ray-Ray, have her.

Ma: (Devastated) Oh… (Covers her face with both hands)

Kaito: Mom, calm down… Calm down; I’ve got it under control.

Ma: (Drops her hands on the table) Oh like with your brother?!

Kaito: Ray-Ray ticked these guys off; that’s why they killed him. The same thing won’t happen to Nicky because she’s cooperating. All they want is money. If I give them a certain amount, they’ll let her go.

Ma: (Upset) How long before they get to me, huh, Kaito?!

Kaito: They won’t get to you, I promise. (Looks around the restaurant)

Ma: That is exactly what you said about your sister and look where she is now!

Kaito: I promise I will make things right.

(Mimi’s house)

(Hanru walks up to Mimi’s front door and knocks gently.)

Natasha: You must have the ears of a hound if you think anyone’s gonna hear that.

(Natasha bangs on the door really hard seven times. The old lady across the street gives Hanru a weird look. He grins at her and waves.)

Hanru: You know there is a doorbell. You didn’t have to be so annoying and loud.

Natasha: Sometimes I need to take things into my own hands cause you’re too weak.

Hanru: Obviously; if you’re here.

(Mimi’s father Dan opens the door angrily.)

Dan: WHAT!

Hanru: Sorry to bother you, sir, but I was wondering if Mimi was here?

Dan: No she’s not! And I don’t appreciate you slamming on my door like the police!

Hanru: … Is there… something I could help you with, sir; you seem pretty angry?

Dan: (Chuckles) Something wrong? Yeah there’s something wrong! That whore, you know as my daughter, stays out all night and porks… I don’t who, in the back of some guy from around the corner’s van! She steals my money and she goes out to party all the time! You say you want to help me with something, here! (Throws a pink suitcase at Hanru) I was going to throw it in the dumpster. She lives her life as a dirty slut; she might as well live in place of filth too. You do me a favor; when you see that slut bag, you tell her she’s no longer welcome in this house!

(Dan slams the door. Hanru has a confused look on his face.)

Natasha: Better it be you to tell her then some Girl Scout selling cookies.

Hanru: Mimi always told me her father wasn’t a very nice guy, but this is just cruel. I know Mimi and I know she would never do things like that. She’s still just a virgin.

Natasha: Yeah, yeah, everyone claims to be virgins, but 99% of the time, people are lying. Except for you of course. We all know you can’t get a girl.

Hanru: Hey, I’ve had a few girls before, alright? I’ve had Ashley.

Natasha: She was a special-Ed student who claimed to have multiple personalities and she was mentally ill. Not to mention she never wanted to meet you or see you cause she claimed to be too shy. You two were only dating over the phone and only met once, even though the two of you lived in the same neighborhood.

Hanru: What about Melissa?

Natasha: Melissa was your first real girlfriend, yeah. I mean you guys kissed and you did sexual things to her, but she was big and unattractive and I’m glad she was sent out of state to live with her other family.

Hanru: Melissa was beautiful! And I loved her!

Natasha: Blah, blah, blah! (Crosses arms) You have bad taste in girls and you suck at pleasuring women. And since you loved her so much, how do you explain that time the two of you were actually going to have sex? And explain how boring she was in bed.

(Hanru walks off the porch and begins walking down the street with Mimi’s suitcase in his hands. Natasha follows him as he feels conflicted and his emotions tangle up in his voice as he speaks to her.)

Hanru: Melissa was not boring; I was just not sexually ready to be with her at the time, and it was hard for me to… get my soldier into position. Look, just stop talking to me about her and let’s just move on.

Natasha: (Stops following) Maybe you should visit your one truly gorgeous girlfriend Holly. Today’s her birthday. If you do something nice for her, she might just blow something else other than her candles.

(Hanru stops walking and he points his finger at her.)

Hanru: I’m just going to see how she’s doing. My cup for sexual desire is empty.

Natasha: Boy, kid, you are sad. If I would’ve known you were this pathetic, I would have postponed my death, just to teach you how to be a man.

Hanru: (Walks up to Natasha angrily) You’re not dead; your soul is in my body. You wanted me so bad, that when you died and I looked into your eyes, your soul jumped into mine.

Natasha: You’re so lost, Hanru. Me being here is much more complicated than you might think. You have no idea what you really are… and I’m here to make sure you never find out. I’m quite fond of you, kid... but some things are just more important than life. Ironically speaking, I’m also here to help you.

Hanru: Leave me alone…

(Hanru walks into Natasha and she disappears.)

(Holly’s home)

(Hanru is welcomed with open arms into Holly’s home. Her father Bruce, and big sister Tsuki, give him a big hug and show their excitement. The three of them then walk into the living room and sit on the couches. Tsuki sits next to him and Bruce sits across. Bruce pours everybody a cup of warm tea.)

Bruce: It’s really good to see you again, son. You know things have been pretty boring around her since you left.

Tsuki: Hanru, you’re such a loser, you know that? How can you not come by for even one visit? For three years?!

Hanru: I’m sorry, I’m not a very sociable person; I like to avoid talking to people as much as possible.

Bruce: We’ll we’re glad to have you present in the residence of our home.

Hanru: Thank you, sir.

Bruce: Tsuki, do you mind letting us have a conversation man-to-man?

Tsuki: Of course, daddy.

(Tsuki hugs Hanru and walks away. Bruce waits until he hears a door close. His mood changes and he becomes a bit more serious, yet emotional.)

Bruce: Again, I am happy to have you in my home again. I always wondered if I’d ever see you again.

Hanru: I’m actually here to visit Holly. It’s her birthday, isn’t it?

Bruce: Yes, it is. And that’s the problem. My daughter is turning 19 years old. She’s now old enough to see her mother’s will.

Hanru: Is that bad…?

Bruce: For me. You see Holly was never conceived by her mother and I. We actually stole her, as a newborn. Her parents were a no good thug and a hooker. We only wanted what was best for Holly, so we took her into our hands and raised her the best we could.

Hanru: I know about that story. Camilla told me before she died.

Bruce: My mother-in-law?

Hanru: Yeah, her. She told me your late wife told her before she died.

Bruce: (Moves closer to Hanru) Hanru, my daughter must never know I’m not her biological father. It would simply crush her little heart. And as a parent, I can’t stand to see that happen, or be the cause of it for that matter.

Hanru: So you want me to give you the honest truth of what I think?

Bruce: (Nods head and holds hands together) Yes I do.

Hanru: Or do you want me to tell you what you want to hear?

(The room grows silent. Bruce swallows and he looks down at the ground from between his legs.)

Hanru: You’re daughter needs the truth. She might not come to agree or even respect you as a father anymore. But you need to tell her the truth.

Bruce: (Quickly brings her head up) No! No… She’s my little girl…

Hanru: She was your little girl.

Bruce: I’ve got to tell Holly that her mother never left her a will. That way, she will never see the video my wife left for her telling her about her real parents.

Hanru: Listen to yourself.

Bruce: (Angry with tears falling from his face) I am listening to myself.

Hanru: Then listen to me! Holly is not a little girl; she has her own life to live now. We all have only one life to live. I know you want to protect your daughter’s feelings, but she cannot go her entire life without knowing the truth. Holly loves you. You’ve been there her whole life. Once you tell her, she will be angry, but she will one day come to understand why you made your choice. She loves you, Bruce.

Bruce: (Whispers) She loves me…?

Hanru: Yeah.

Bruce: (Wipes tears from eyes and sniffs) Maybe she will come to forgive me for what I’ve done. But… I can’t take the chance of her not forgiving me. You don’t have a daughter; you don’t understand.

Hanru: You’re right; I don’t have a daughter. But you have no idea of the understanding I know about life. You can’t judge that.

Bruce: I need some time to think. Uh… Why don’t you come back in a couple days to see the outcome of things?

Hanru: Sure. Tell Holly I said hi.

(Hanru walks out of the front door. Natasha follows him. She looks disappointed in Hanru.)

Natasha: You really are pathetic. Why not tell her yourself? You know the truth.

Hanru: It’s not my business to get involved with them.

Natasha: You’re already involved. You need to get some backbone and take responsibility for your life!

(Hanru stops and turns to Natasha)

Hanru: What does their life have to do with mine?!

Natasha: Camilla’s dying words to you were her explaining the whole situation of Holly and her kidnapping! With the last words of her breath, she told you the truth about Holly, then she told you to do what you think is best. She gave you that knowledge because she wanted to help you make a hard choice for yourself and for other people! You can dance around all day and be a spineless little girl all you want, but sometimes certain moments call on you to be a man and make tough choices for the greater good.

Hanru: Bruce is taking this whole thing pretty hard. I can’t find it in myself to crush him. I just can’t do that.

(Natasha gets annoyed and falls to the ground on her back. Hanru can’t help but to look up into the abyss of the blue sky.)

Natasha: The sky is so beautiful. Sometimes I use to just kill people and look up at the stars. And I would tell myself… If each star in the sky is an angel, how many are up there because of me? How have I affected the world, and how have I made the light stronger?

Hanru: What’s your point? (Looks down at the ground)

Natasha: (Appears behind Hanru) My point is… Every choice has a light and a dark. Sometimes you need to make dark choices in order to make the light stronger. If you want to help someone and do the right thing, sometimes you need to hurt other people. Sometimes in order to save the helpless baby wolf, you need to let the prime elk get hit by the truck. Or you can just stand on the side and just watch everything happen on its own.

(Hanru sneaks through Holly’s back window. He crawls through and climbs over her dresser to get to her floor. He struggles to not knock anything over. He hits the carpet and stands on his feet. Tsuki is sitting on the bed.)

Tsuki: (Smiles) Hi! I’m used to seeing my boyfriends do that. You can imagine my surprise right now.

Hanru: I actually meant to sneak into Holly’s room.

Tsuki: Yeah we switched rooms. But hey, Holly went to use the restroom. She’ll be back in a few seconds.

(Holly walks into the room with her father.)

Holly: Hanru…?

Bruce: What are you doing here; I thought I told you to go?

Hanru: What are you doing in here?

Bruce: My daughter needed me to come in here and help her pick out a dress for her party!

(Natasha whispers through the window.)

Natasha: Don’t be nervous; father’s smell fear when it comes to their daughters. Be confident!

Bruce: Please, tell me why you are in my daughter’s room, or I’ll have to call the police. You know how much I hate to say those words to you.

Hanru: I know, sir. And I’m sorry, but… I think. Holly needs to learn the truth.

Bruce: No!

(Bruce grabs Holly by the shoulders and gently pushes her outside of the room. Tsuki runs out of the room. Bruce slams the door and locks it.)

Bruce: Back in my old days I ran with some pretty bad people! Anyone who defied or disobeyed my clique got a bullet to the chest. Holly is the angel who saved me from that life. But right now, I’m tempted to just call up my old crew and have them deal with you.

Hanru: I thought I was one of your favorite buddies?

Bruce: Yeah, was. Now you’re just a liability for the violent side I once tried to bury.

Hanru: You’re very emotional right now and you’re not thinking straight.

(Bruce punches the mirror on the dresser and grabs a shard of glass. He holds it down his waste.)

Bruce: No more talking for you. You say another word and I cut your throat out.

Natasha: (Sits on the bed and crosses her legs) This is it, Hanru. This is what we’ve been waiting for. He’s on the edge; say something to make him fall of and go off. He’s gonna come at you with the shard in his hand and you can dodge him and run into the kitchen to grab a knife. When he chases you, stab him in the throat when he least expects it!

(Hanru’s body begins to shake. A darkness begins to consume his eyes.)

Natasha: You feel that? You can’t ignore that feeling. Kill him now!

Hanru: Bruce, listen to me.

(Bruce takes two steps toward Hanru. Holly and Tsuki bust into the room. Bruce stops and looks back. Holly is infuriated at her father.)

Bruce: Sweetie… (Hides glass behind his back) I can buy you a new dresser.

Holly: SHUT UP!

Bruce: Holly…

Holly: You shut up…

Bruce: You know I love you, don’t you? I wouldn’t do anything that might upset-

Holly: I SAID SHUT UP! You are not my father; you don’t deserve my respect or my love. I hate you! All this time you smiled at me and laughed with me on sad days, it was all a lie! You knew you weren’t my real father. And after 19 years, you kept it a secret from me. From the girl you claim to love. (Tears roll down her eyes) Don’t ever look at me again. (Runs away)

Bruce: Holly, wait! (Runs after her)

(The room is silent. Hanru is filled with anger and darkness. Hanru walks into his house and sees Uncle Leo sitting in a chair.)

Leo: Did you get some job applications?!

Hanru: Yeah, I did. I got three of them. (Walks upstairs)

(Hanru examines his red Katana sword from his bedroom.)

Hanru Narrating: It’s amazing how life can be at a standstill for three years, then pick up again. It’s amazing how much a father can love his daughter, how much a couple can accept each other for murder and still be happy and still be by each other’s side. How much even the toughest and grumpiest of people can find peace and happiness from within through love. It’s amazing how new people can come into our lives and give us that cold chill that slithers down our spine.

(Henry and Ada make eye contact from within the police station.)

Hanru Narrating: Life is amazing. So many different things can happen to us, yet we all receive the same message: We are all followers. None of us have control of our own lives; we are followers. Following the rules of the demons and angels, which guide us through life. We make good choices and bad choices… but whatever choice we make, sets us up to follow the good angel or the bad demon. Because I am the way I am, I want to go my own way… But is that possible? Is it possible to have control over your own life, or destiny? I’ll attempt to find that answer…

TO BE CONTINUED...

DELETED PART: Hanru and Tsuki

Bruce: Holly, wait! (Runs after her)

(The room is silent. Hanru is filled with anger and darkness.)

Hanru: Tsuki… Your father almost died just now. If he ever threatens my life again, I will kill him.

(Hanru rushes at Tsuki and slams her up against the wall.)

Hanru: Look into my eyes! If he ever crosses me like he did just now again, I will stab him in his face and watch him bleed all over the floor.

(Hanru releases Tsuki.)

Natasha: How does it feel to have a taste of darkness? Of control…?

(Hanru looks and Tsuki and sees how terrified she is.)

Hanru: I’m sorry, Tsuki… I didn’t mean to do that to you. I mean you’re innocent.

Tsuki: I understand, Hanru… (Gives him a hug) I forgive you. Three years ago, you sat down and had dinner with the family. My father and I said you were officially apart of the family. And families forgive each other. I forgive you.

Hanru: (Shocked) I don’t know what came over me, I’m sorry.

Tsuki: It’s okay. I understand… I once had a dark side too. Let’s just forget this whole thing ever happened, okay?