Status: Active

Hanru Sazuki

Hanru Sazuki Volume Three Chapter Twenty-Four: Untold Secrets (Fall 2013)

Hanru Narrating: 5 days ago my uncle finally learned the truth about me. I told him about how I’ve been figuring out murders and I’ve told him about Kaito Zonoda. I haven’t exactly told him all the details of all the connections I have, but he knows enough about me. And honestly, I don’t know how I feel about that; do I even feel anything at all?

(Teegan opens the back door of the car where Hanru is sitting at. She snaps him out of his daydreaming. She smiles and giggles at Hanru.)

Teegan: Having a wet dream there, sleepy head?

Hanru: No I… was actually thinking about… (Looks at Teegan for 2 seconds) I was deep in thought.

Teegan: (Chuckles) Well I definitely know what will get your mind off those annoying deep thoughts of yours. The gas station we’re parked at is in the middle of the desert and I’ve found something very interesting inside.

Hanru: Is it worth me getting out of the car for?

Teegan: (Smiles) Most definitely!

(Teegan grabs Hanru’s arm and pulls him toward her continuously.)

Teegan: Come on, you lazy bum; you can’t stay cooped up in that back seat forever.

Hanru: Okay, before you rip the arm out of my socket, can I please get my seat belt off first?

Teegan: Oh- (Giggles) Sorry; I’m just so hyper right now.

Hanru: Really; I hadn’t noticed.

Teegan: (Smiles) I’ll meet you inside. (Runs across the street)

Hanru: (Thinking) I wonder if she knew I was using sarcasm.

(Hanru is walking through the larger-than-normal gas station with a fascinated look on his face. Teegan runs up to him.)

Teegan: Oh my gosh; the bathrooms are huge here! In the back of the gas station, they have a movie room where people can just sit and watch whatever movie is playing on the T.V. And OMG; like maybe 20 or 30 people can sit in there! The other side of the gas station has a restaurant! I think it’s a subway!

Hanru: That’s ni-

Teegan: Wait, wait! They have a sword shop! I know how much you love swords; that’s what I wanted to bring you in for! Come one, come on; let’s go; let’s go!

(Hanru and Teegan both press their faces against the glass and gaze at the glorious display of blades.)

Teegan: They’re so shiny! I want one, so bad!

Hanru: Even if you did get one; you wouldn’t be able to swing it. Swords are a lot heavier than you may think.

Teegan: Then I’ll just hold it up into the sunlight and burn anyone threatening me. (Makes a sizzling sound)

Hanru: It would be pretty intense watching bacon fry on the blade of a sword during a hot summer day.

Teegan: (Gasps) Ooh, or eggs!

Hanru: Right… or eggs…

Teegan: Mmmm; eggs make my tummy nice and warm.

Hanru: (Confused) Right…

(Hanru is walking toward the exit of the gas station.)

Hanru: (Thinking) She was a completely different person just now. I remember back when she was just an emotional teenage girl struggling to raise money for her and her alcoholic father.

(Kenneth comes out of nowhere and walks beside Hanru.)

Kenneth: Ya know, I bet you’re confused about how my daughter went from being an emotional teenage girl trying to provide for her and her father, to the happy little girl you see now.

Hanru: (Faking a smile and thinking) What is this guy; a mind reader?

Kenneth: Now I know what you’re thinking; and the answer is no; I am not a mind reader. (Wraps his arm around Hanru’s shoulder) I can just tell you’re good at analyzing an individual’s personality and I’m guessing to you right now, my daughter is confusing your brain with her sudden changes in attitude. She’s just happy because her father has finally found his way back to her from the path of lost morals. I’m back in her life now, and she’s finally happy to have someone be here for her.

Hanru: A lot of people seem to have life-changes once they finally meet me. I’ve always been curious as to why that was.

Kenneth: You’re a special kid; that’s all you need to know. Now can you do me a favor and throw this outside for me?

(Kenneth hands Hanru half of a burger.)

Hanru: Sure thing. (Thinking) One way to quickly get on my bad side is by wasting food, but I have a phobia of germs which is why I’m not eating this myself.

(Hanru walks outside of the gas station and as he reaches to throw the hamburger away, he sees a friendly black cat lying on its stomach; staring at him.)

Hanru: (Thinking) I love cats; they’re my favorite animal. It’s too bad I’m allergic to them, and I have bad allergies.

(The cat meows at Hanru and he meows back and almost sounds exactly like a real cat. The cat stands up and walks toward Hanru and begins to rub its fur on his leg and purr. Hanru pets the cat.)

Hanru: (Thinking) We’re at a gas station in the middle of nowhere and there’s just a random black cat just sitting here chillaxin’. Maybe he’s hungry. I could just give him this burger… or is this cat a girl? Whatever, I’ll just give it some food. I’ll put the meat into the pussy. (Chuckles) Lee’s sense of humor is rubbing off on me. I feel ashamed for thinking that.

(Tammy’s Apartment)

(Jessica walks into the studio apartment and sees Tammy making out on the bed with some random dude. The two of them seem to be having a pretty good time. Jessica closes the door and Tammy and the man both stop kissing to stare at Jessica. Jessica begins to feel awkward.)

Jessica: (Pretending to cry) Oh, Tammy, how could you do this to me; I thought you loved me?!

(Jessica dramatically places the back of her hand on her forehead and plays the tragically emotionally scorned woman.)

Jessica: We agreed never to let our foul craving for men ruin what the two of us had between us. It’s over. I am breaking up with you. So long, my beautiful Fluttershy…

(Jessica opens the door and walks out. She walks back in to stare at Tammy and she squeals as she leaves again and closes the door behind her.)

Man: I thought you said you lived alone?

Tammy: (Forcefully kisses his face) I forgot about the kid, baby, come on, let’s not worry about her; she’s gone now so let’s pick up where we left off.

Man: Or how about I get up and take off?

Tammy: What?

(The man quickly stands up and puts his coat on. He looks really frustrated.)

Tammy: Hey, wait, she’s not my daughter or anything, she’s just visiting for a little while until she gets a job and is able to get out on her own.

Man: I don’t care who she is. You told me you lived here alone and now I don’t know whether or not to trust anything you say. You’re a hooker so trust for your kind is pretty thin.

Tammy: (Gets frustrated) Hey, you didn’t pay me for my trust; you paid me for my mouth! So you either stay here to get what you paid $50 for or you get out and don’t get your money back!

Man: I have a wife… and her and I are going through some things, but it’s not worth this. It’s definitely not worth going up in some slut and risk catching something that could ruin my life with the woman I love. I made a mistake, and I’m sorry for this, but I want my money back now.

Tammy: (Crosses arms) Sorry, no can do.

Man: (Frustrated) Look, I’m trying to be nice about this.

Tammy: I don’t care. I’m not paid to care about your mushy little tragic love story. You paid me already so that money is mine, if you refuse to accept my services after you’ve given me profit then that’s your loss. Now I am kindly asking you to back down and quit with the hostility before I do something real drastic.

Man: (Raises is hands in the air for 3 seconds) … There’s nothing I can do to make you give me my money back.

Tammy: That’s right.

Man: So I’m just gonna have to take it from you by force.

Tammy: Do it, and see if I don’t hunt you down in the streets and kill you in front of your whore wife.

Man: You treat all your customers this way?

Tammy: Just the ones that are buttholes to me.

Man: … (Sighs) Fine… I’ll leave you alone. Sorry for my threats. I’ll just have to see this as a lesson in life to never again take my wife for granted. $50 was worth it.

Tammy: Yeah, you do that. Now get out of my apartment, please…

Man: Yeah, sure… sorry.

(The man walks away toward the front door and leaves. As he walks through the hall, he sees Jessica standing against the wall.)

Jessica: You guys finished already? You must be a 10 second man?

Man: (Stops in front of Jessica with depression and anger in his eyes) Shut up; you’re just a little girl; you don’t understand the hardships of being an adult in my shoes.

Jessica: Look, I can tell something is bothering you. I hope you didn’t hurt Tammy… did you?

Man: No, I didn’t. But I almost did. I need counseling or something.

Jessica: You and me both. I’m going through a few sexual changes myself. I gave up my virginity to the wrong guy.

(His voice get louder and louder. His face slowly creeps closer and closer to hers.)

Man: Yeah well I can’t say I haven’t heard that one before. You women are always complaining about how your sexual experiences aren’t perfect or how guys don’t know how to pleasure you! Stop being such ungrateful little witches about it and BE GRATFUL FOR WHATEVER PLEASURE A MAN GIVES YOU!

Jessica: (Nervous) Hey, man, just calm down; you’re freaking me out.

(The man slams his hand on the wall beside her face and he looks her deep in the eyes.)

Man: You’re really getting on my bad side, little girl. I suggest you watch what you say around me.

Jessica: Watch what I say, but-

Man: SHUT UP!

(He squeezes her lips together with his fingers.)

Man: I love that look of terror in your eyes. It’s the same look I gave my daughter before I… did what I did to her…

(The man catches himself and begins to look around to figure out where he is. He backs away from Jessica and slams his head on the wall opposite to her. He begins sobbing.)

Man: I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. Sometimes I just lose control and I get violent and- Oh I’m just so sorry.

Jessica: You suffer from darkness too?

Man: I don’t know what I suffer from.

Jessica: Let me help you out then.

(Jessica slowly walks up to the man and gently puts her hand on his back.)

Jessica: What’s your name?

(He turns around and slides down to the floor. Jessica sits beside him.)

Man: My name is Ray.

Man: Ok, Ray. I’ve dealt with darkness before. I was adopted and abused by my parents- mostly my father. So I understand what it’s like to have such a heavy… pressure of… evil thoughts going through you.

Ray: My darkness makes me have sex with young children and rape them. I love the feeling of having such a young, warm, little girl, lying before me. That cute look in her eyes as she-

Jessica: Ok stop! Ray, I will help you get through this madness, but only if you allow me to. If you tell me every detail about how you feel around little girls, you’re letting me in and therefore by letting me in, you’re allowing me to help hit the points of what triggers your other side. You need to understand what that means. So do you really want me to help you?

Ray: Yes, very much. I would like that very much.

Jessica: No coming after me either, okay?

Ray: No worries; you’re not my type. You’re too old for me.

(Police Station)

(Erika and Justin are sitting on the opposite side of Lieutenant Jennifer Lin’s desk. All three of them seem frustrated. Justin is rubbing his forehead with his fingers in nervousness.)

Erika: Do you mind explaining why we’re here?

Lin: This is your job; if you were here doing what you’re supposed to be doing you would know that.

Erika: Today is my day off; if I wanted to deal with your smart mouth and nasty attitude I would’ve come in here willing to stick my nose up your but like everyone else in this station does.

Justin: (Disappointed) Erika, you’re already in hot water; you’re seriously trying to set yourself up to get fired?

Lin: (Smiles) It’s okay, Justin. I am up for the position of Captain. Our current Chief has made the decision for early retirement and he has his eyes set on me as his predecessor. I will make sure to keep this department tip-top shape so therefore dirty employers will no longer be working here; this means you, Erika.

Justin: What?!

Jennifer: I have given you chance after chance to help get Erika together and back into the lab. You’ve shown me no progress in doing this task and Erika doesn’t seem to want to get help for her addiction. So I’m sorry, Erika, but I’m going to have to fire you. By firing you it shows that I only accept the best and most honest law-enforced individuals and therefore make me look good as Captain.

Justin: Please, LT, give her one more chance; I’m sure she can-

Jennifer: Justin! I brought you in here so I can make it clear that I no longer want Erika working for me at all. She can try her luck somewhere else.

Justin: Erika, please, tell her you’re sorry and that you’ll straighten up.

Erika: No, Justin. I know when I’m not welcome. I’m clearly not welcome here so therefore… I’m gone… and I’m not ever coming back.

Justin: You’ve worked your whole life to get here. Please don’t just throw your career and everything you’ve worked for away.

Erika: The difference between you and I, Justin, is that I don’t care about this job. I’m ready to move on anyway. We all just need to move on with ourselves.

(Erika angrily stands up and leaves the room.)

(Hospital)

(Leo is seen standing beside his hospital bed putting his regular clothing on. He puts his over-shirt on last. The door behind him closes. He turns around in a startle. The young, handsome, and very honest young doctor is standing behind Leo with a menacing glare. A thin file is held tight in Peter’s hand.)

Leo: (Annoyed) You again.

Peter: Look, we both hate being in the same room together; I don’t like it any more than you, but at the moment I’m hoping the two of us can put our ill feelings aside for a second and have a talk.

Leo: A talk or another lecture about how undeserving of a human I am?

Peter: (Defensive) YOU ARE… undeserving.

Leo: Speak for yourself. Your everyday routine consists of helping those in need who are unable to help themselves. Now of course I do the same but the difference between the two of us is I pursuit criminals whom the system fail.

Peter: Yeah, you’re a walking example of “criminals whom the system failed.”

Leo: I’m not saying I’m a saint. I have gotten away with a lot of bad stuff in my days. My sins have gone unpunished and I owe God a great debt.

Peter: (Crosses arms) So you agree that you are a monster? Well there’s some hope for you yet.

Leo: What is it you want, doctor; I have people to see and right now you’re wasting my time.

Peter: I’d hate to waist your precious time so then I’ll make this quick.

(Peter walks up to Leo and hands him the thin file he was holding in his hand. Leo looks through it as Peter talks.)

Peter: I’m sure you know him; his name is Alec Greene. Alec was arrested for murdering a chef in a restaurant kitchen over 3 years ago while running away from the police for questioning. You were one of the arresting officers, correct?

Leo: I’m sure you already know the answer to that.

Peter: Yeah well he’s out of prison now and he’s made his Christmas list early. He has a list of individuals he wants taken out. He’s already crossed off 2 on the list. Only a few more remain on the list but I thought you would be interested in knowing who’s on it.

Leo: My partner Justin?

Peter: He’s also after Nicole as well but that may be because of her connection to Kaito Zonoda.

Leo: And you’re showing me this why? Do you expect me to take these guys out through some vigilante methods? Sorry, I don’t do requests. (Gives Peter back the file)

Peter: I don’t think you really have a choice here.

Leo: Oh?

Peter: Your partner is targeted by a professional killer. Now you yourself said that you owe a lot of debts. You now need to make things right for not only you, but for other people. Save your partner’s life if you truly care for him, by taking care of this Alec Greene guy.

Leo: (Sighs and takes a few moments to think) Fine, but only because I’m cutting off all loose ends in my life before I die.

Peter: How do you know you’re going to die?

Leo: A man knows…

Peter: How about I give you something to increase your lifespan? (Reaches into his pocket)

(Oregon)

(Hanru, Teegan, and Kenneth all enter a cheap motel room.)

Kenneth: Gosh you’d think that receptionist thought I was a pedophile; the way he was staring at me.

Teegan: Actually, daddy, I think he had the hots for you.

Hanru: Or maybe he was picking up on your bad vibe.

Kenneth: M- my bad vibe?

Hanru: I mean it could just be me but whenever I’m around you, I do pickup some bad energy.

Kenneth: (Grins) Oh wow, I… greatly appreciate the comment.

Hanru: I’m not trying to be mean; I’m just telling you what I feel when I’m around you.

Kenneth: And what are you- a psychic?

Hanru: No, but I can read other people very easily. After my whole little adventure with Kaito, Some things went down. My uncle and his fiancé broke up and after that happened; my uncle had a mental breakdown. He went crazy and attacked me. More stuff went down but after all that stuff happened, I decided that I wanted to be done with my uncle. I talked to an old friend who could maybe let me move in with him. Well while I was there I met a lot of interesting people. But the one person who caught my attention the most… was Renee, but we called her Onyx. I’ll never forget her. In all honesty I feel bad just leaving her behind and coming to Oregon.

Kenneth: (Pats Hanru on the back) Well you know, kid; sometimes leaving a girl behind is for the better; it saves you more heartache in the future.

Hanru: Why are we here in this motel anyway?

Kenneth: It’s cheap and a good place to lay low from Shaun Maze.

Hanru: So this guy that killed your wife- how exactly do you plan to catch him and what will you do once you caught him?

Kenneth: I plan on killing him; simple.

Hanru: Of course… that’s what I figured.

Kenneth: But no worries; once you get enough information on him, I’ll be taking care of the rest.

Hanru: Yeah, like I haven’t been involved with enough killers already.

Kenneth: Your life revolves around murder; doesn’t it?

Hanru: It does. But then again you’re not so different yourself. (Crosses arms)

Kenneth: (Smiles) Hey, you got me.

Hanru: Alright, so we should probably start this process right away. I’m not one to prolong these things.

Kenneth: You of all people should know that these things take time.

Hanru: I do know that. I also know that they can be solved quickly. (Opens front door) I’m going for a walk; let me know what your plan is by the time I come back. (Leaves the room and closes the door behind him)

Teegan: Dad… I thought you said you weren’t gonna kill him?

Kenneth: I’ve thought about it while we were out on the road and well… things change.

(Kenneth pulls out his cell phone and makes a call. A few seconds later, someone answers the phone.)

Kenneth: The boy is now in Oregon… No he doesn’t suspect a thing… I’ll be sure to watch him closely; no worries.

(Tammy’s Apartment)

(Tammy paces around the room smoking a cigarette out of frustration and anger. Jessica walks in and closes the door behind her. Tammy turns around and glares an evil stare at Jessica.)

Jessica: (Nervous) Hey, sorry if I… you know… got in the way of your fun time; It’s just I-

(Tammy runs up to Jessica and snatches her by her collar. Jessica’s face lightens with fear. Tammy throws Jessica across the apartment and Jessica hits the hard floor directly and slides a few feet.)

Tammy: (Furious) I just have one thing to say so open up those pretty little ears of yours and listen to me carefully! (Slowly paces toward Jessica as Jessica crawls back in fear) Don’t you ever… EVER! Ruin my business by making one of my clients leave; am I making myself clear?! (Gets in Jessica’s face) GOOD!

(Tammy quickly runs off and slams the bathroom door behind her. Jessica is breathing heavily. She quickly gets up and rushes out of the studio apartment. Jessica runs out into the hall and Ray stands waiting for her to say something.)

Ray: Did she say it was okay?

Jessica: (Edgy) She needs some time to cool off. I think it's best we both leave right now and give her some space. (Walks past Ray)

(Sazuki Home)

(Ada walks into Leo's home and sees him sitting on the living room couch alone with two champagne glasses and a bottle displayed on the coffee table in front of him. Ada sees this and sighs. She has a feeling that whatever this conversation is gonna be about, it won't be good. Ada sits down next to Leo on the couch. She's a bit unsure about something and she has her emotional guard up.)

Ada: So... you called me here for champagne. That's... romantic.

Leo: I called you here to make peace between us.

Ada: What is this about, Leo? Are you feeling guilty about something; is that why you dragged me all the way down here?

Leo: (Begins to pour the glasses) I am feeling guilty of many things, Ada; not marrying you was one of them.

Ada: Leo, please don't.

Leo: Now just hear me out, Ada. (Places bottle on the table and grabs Ada's hand) I am ready to move forward. After that thing in the station went down, I've really taken a hard look at myself and I've come to the conclusion that I wanna change my life around and make up for all the wrongs I've done in this world. I've gotten my sister and her husband put in comas, I've almost gotten my nephew killed. I've taken advantage of criminals and CI's and made them do illegal things for me. I've done so much and all I wanna do is fix all my mistakes before I kick the bucket.

Ada: So you've made yourself a bucket list?

Leo: (Stares Ada in her eyes) And you're at the top.

Ada: So what exactly is it you want from me, Leo?

Leo: I want you to marry me- for real this time.

Ada: Leo-

Leo: (Holds both of her hands in his palms) And not only that; I want to give you the family you deserve.

Ada: Leo, you and I both cannot have kids, remember?

Leo: I can pay for the surgery you need to get fixed. I never had a problem; I just said I did to ease your guilt when we were dating so that you wouldn't blame yourself.

Ada: No, Leo. I really do appreciate your offer but... I just... can't accept that. I could never repay the debt that comes with paying that much money for me to get fixed, if it were even possible.

Leo: You don't have to hide it anymore. I know you're rich and have your own mansion. (Smiles at Ada) We all deserve to keep our secrets hidden until we ourselves decide we want to reveal them to other people. So I'm not mad that you kept it from me.

Ada: (Turns away) I'm still sorry for keeping it such a secret all these years.

Leo: (Chuckles and smiles) All is forgiven... but only if you agree to give me another chance.

Ada: (Smiles and looks Leo in the eyes) Fine, Leo. You have your second chance. Just don't blow it this time, okay?

Leo: (Smiles with joy) You won't be disappointed. Now how's about we celebrate like we use to...?

Ada: I'm not really in the mood right now, Leo. I mean every time we're intimate I constantly get reminded of how I'm unable to have your children.

Leo: Then how about a surrogate parent?

Ada: A surrogate?

Leo: Yeah, you see a woman- a very generous women I might add, must be willing to have my seed and your egg implanted in her uterus. Once that process is done, she carries the baby around for a few months and pop comes out our little toddler.

Ada: And where would we find such a generous woman?

Leo: My niece.

Ada: What?

Leo: My brother is taking care of her. Hanru and Lawrence I got custody of; Helena went to my brother. Helena and Lawrence were born at the same time but they don't look much alike.

Ada: (Smiles) I'd love to meet more of the Sazuki family.

Leo: Alright, then let's do this.

(Both Ada and Leo kiss passionately)

(Oregon)

(Hanru walks into a neighborhood shopping mart and sees a blonde girl counting objects in her basket. Hanru quickly walks up to her and taps her on the shoulder. She turns around to face him.)

Hanru: Renee?

Serena: Uhm... sorry; wrong girl.

Hanru: (Feeling awkward) I see that now.

Serena: I'm Serena by the way.

Hanru: Yeah I know; we've met before.

Serena: Hey, you're that detective kid who helped me out awhile back with solving that murder.

Hanru: (Grins) So she remembers.

Serena: (Smiles) Yes she remembers. So what are you doing all the way out here in Oregon?

Hanru: I'm here to investigate another serial killer.

Serena: Not surprising. I'm sure you've noticed my hair is blonde now. It turns out my long lost sister is a serial killer and so is my dad apparently. We're all on the run now so this was the perfect time to get my dad to agree to let me dye my hair (Chuckles).

Hanru: Well it looks pretty on you.

Serena: (Cracks a smile and blushes) Gee thanks...

(A man walks into the store. A chill goes down Hanru's spine. He quickly turns around and watches the man as he's walking further into the mart.)

Serena: You alright; you look like you've just seen a ghost.

Hanru: I might as well have. That man that just walked in was Shaun Maze. That's the guy I'm investigating.

Serena: Well then you should get to your business.

Hanru: It was nice seeing you again. (Walks off)

Serena: See ya later. (Waves by with smile on her face)

(Hanru peeks down the next isle and sees Shaun going through the freezer section.)

Hanru: (Thinking) I know where Shaun's address is. Maybe I can use him being here to my advantage and scope his place out. (Walks away)

(Hanru walks into the motel room where Kenneth and Teegan are. Kenneth is sitting on the bed talking to a blonde gentlemen.)

Kenneth: Hanru! This is my old partner, Roads.

Roads: Nice to meet you.

Hanru: A cool-guy attitude I see.

Kenneth: Charlie here will be assisting us in our pursuit of Shaun. As of this moment you two are now partners; co-workers.

Hanru: So if this is considered a job, I'm gonna get paid right?

Kenneth: No. I'm too cheap for that.

Hanru: Of course you are.

(Miami)

(Jessica walks into a huge two-story house with Ray behind her. He closes the door and locks it as he walks in.)

Jessica: This place is amazing. I'm a big fan of interior home decor. Your wife did a good job decorating this place.

Ray: (Searching his coat pockets) Oh I don't have a wife.

Jessica: (Turns around to face Ray) Oh so you raise your daughter alone?

Ray: I don't have a daughter.

Jessica: (Nervous) What are you looking for in your pockets?

Ray: (Grins) I'm looking for my pistol so I can shoot you dead.

(Ray pulls out something black and points it at Jessica. Jessica's heart beats out of her chest. Ray bursts out laughing.)

Ray: It's just my phone; relax. (Continues to laugh really hard) Oh you should've seen the look on your face! HAHAHA, come on; I'll show you around.

(LJ is in his kitchen rubbing butter on his toast at the counter. Janet is sitting in front of the computer doing yoga on the carpet.)

LJ: It starts with yoga then next it's women groups; then I'll be stuck wondering why I'm heatin' up pot pies for dinner every night.

Janet: Yoga is good for spiritual exercise, LJ, and I've been invited to those women groups plenty of times. I've actually been thinking about going to one tonight.

LJ: Oh here we go. The madness has already started.

Janet: (Bends over and stretches to reach her toes) Stop being so negative; you're throwing off my positive energy.

LJ: Stay in that position and I'll show you some positive energy.

Janet: What was that, honey?

LJ: I said you have a good form in that position; keep it up.

Janet: (Smiles) Oh thanks.

(Tsuki runs downstairs into the kitchen and quickly walks into the kitchen. She snatches LJ's toast off the counter and continues walking toward the front door.)

Tsuki: Thanks my stomach was feeling a bit empty. You're not useless after all.

(Janet stops doing yoga and stares at LJ. She sees him about to get upset and explode on Tsuki. Tsuki pays LJ no attention and leaves out the door. She closes it on her way out.)

LJ: I'm really getting sick of her and her mouth.

Janet: Baby, baby. (Walks up to LJ and hugs him) Now come on, all this negativity is not good for either of us. Just let it go, ok? (Kisses LJ)

LJ: Letting go is the last thing I wanna do right now; I could just... (Pretends to choke Tsuki)

Janet: Now come on, you know your daughter wouldn't like it if you killed her step sister now.

LJ: Yeah you know I've been thinking about that. How do I know for sure Holly's mine?

Janet: (Stops hugging LJ) You can look at her and tell that's your daughter. I can look at her and see your gorgeous smile in that child's face. She is yours... and I would appreciate it if you didn't question this again.

LJ: I want a DNA test.

Janet: What...? A DNA test? LJ... Are you serious?

LJ: Janet you were a prostitute! You had sex with a bunch of different men at the same time you slept with me. Not to mention our daughter is more white than you and especially me! I'm black and you're white and somehow our daughter's skin comes out lighter than both of ours. Something's just not right about that.

Janet: (Sighs) LJ, I'm not gonna sit here and argue with you; if you want the stupid DNA test then... fine. Just don't come kissing my butt and apologizing once the results come back saying you're the father! Now excuse me while I struggle to regain my positive spiritual energy. (Walks away into the living room)

(LJ sighs and rests his elbows on the table. He rubs his eyes. A silent thump can be heard on the stairs. LJ walks up to the stairs and sees Holly's bedroom door close. LJ walks up the stairs and knocks on her door.)

LJ: Holly, it's dad; I'm coming in.

(LJ walks into the room and Holly quickly gets startled and covers her chest with her shirt.)

Holly: I'm trying to change my shirt; how about knocking before you come in?!

LJ: You have a bra on, right?

Holly: (Sighs) Yes, I have a bra on.

(LJ closes the door behind him and turns his body to face away from Holly.)

LJ: Go ahead and put your shirt on; I'd hate for you to be uncomfortable, so I'm looking away.

Holly: You're still in the room; that still makes it awkward.

LJ: You can whine about it, or just put your shirt on and we can kill this issue.

Holly: Yeah alright. (Puts shirt back on) Ok you can look.

(LJ turns to face Holly.)

LJ: Where are you going in such a rush? I just heard you fall at the top of the stairs and as soon as I come up here to check on you, you're changing clothes. You wanna tell me what's going on?

Holly: No, LJ, I'm fine.

LJ: You know I don't like it when you call me by my first name.

Holly: Sorry... It's just... (Sighs and sits on bed)

(LJ sits next to Holly on the bed.)

LJ: Are you having teen issues? Are the boys at the mall making fun of your weight and calling you fat, cause if they are your mother is downstairs doing yoga and I'm sure having a partner-

Holly: No, dad, no one's making fun of my weight... But now that you said something I do look a bit chubby...

LJ: No, sweetheart, stop being stupid; your weight is fine; you're thin enough, now tell me what's bothering you?

Holly: I heard the conversation you had downstairs with mom...

LJ: And...

Holly: And well... I'm afraid.

LJ: Of what? If I'm not your father you mean?

Holly: Yes. I'm trying my hardest not to burst out in tears right now but... remember I had to watch the man who raised me di... (Bows head) I had to watch him pass on... and I still don't know how I feel about that. He was there when I needed him and he was there to raise me. But he kidnapped me from my real parents when I was just a baby and he... (Desperately holding back tears) Look the point I'm trying to make is that I've already lost one father and since then, I put all my faith in you always being there for me for the rest of my life. I don't ever wanna lose another person I love ever again... I don't ever want to lose another father. So please just... (Hugs LJ tight) Please just never leave my side.

LJ: (Hugs Holly back with one arm) ... Sure... I'll always be here when you need me.

Holly: Thank you; that's all I wanna hear.

LJ: I won't get that DNA test. Cause some piece of paper doesn't prove how good of a father you are to your child. I'll imprint my signature as your father in the love that you and I share.

Holly: (Softly crying) Dad... that was kinda corny.

LJ: I know it was, baby. And speaking of corn, I've gotta go ask your mother what's for dinner.

(LJ leaves the room and closes the door. Janet is standing on top of the stairs with her arms crossed and a smile on her face.)

Janet: Now that's the positive energy I need in my life...

LJ: (Moves closer and says in a soft sexy voice) Hey baby, there's something I've been meaning to ask you.

Janet: (Smiles) Mmm, what's that, baby?

LJ: I've been meaning to say these three little words to you for a while now...

Janet: Ooh, you're making me blush. Go ahead; say those three little words...

LJ: (Whispers ever so gently in her ear) What's for dinner?

Janet: (Whispers back in his ear) Pot Pies... (Walks away)

LJ: (Nervous) Wait, baby, you're just messing with me right... baby...?

(Hanru, Charlie and Kenneth are sitting in a tinted black van across the street from Shaun Maze's house.)

Kenneth: Anything interesting seen through those binoculars?

Roads: Yeah, that neighbor next door has got some fat titties...

Kenneth: Alright, show's over, Tom Peeper. Gimme those.

Roads: Alright, here; they were getting boring anyway.

Hanru: (Thinking) Even with Lee not here, the dirty jokes still find their way to my ears.

Kenneth: I see him. Yeah I see Shaun in his bathroom checking himself out. It appears he hasn’t shaved in about a week or so... He's reaching for his shaver. He's cutting without using any cream; what a freak.

Road: You shave the same way.

Kenneth: Yeah, but it's cool when I do it. It's more manly!

Roads: Yeah tell that to your vagina.

Kenneth: (Gets annoyed and stops looking) Are you seriously gonna start this right now.

Roads: Hey, you know how I feel about titties. They're my one true weakness. You should have just let me keep looking at them and we would've been all good.

Kenneth: (Resumes watching) Yeah whatever. Oh wait, wait, wait. I got something interesting. He has a girl... a little girl. I think she's dead... He's holding her body. Wait he's reaching for something in her pocket. It's something black; I can't make out what it is.

(Kenneth's cell phone begins to ring.)

Kenneth: Here, Charlie; keep an eye on Shaun. (Gives him the binoculars)

Charlie: Alright and I'll keep my other eye on the titties...

Kenneth: (Answers the phone) Teegan, hey sweetheart; is everything going good in the motel room?

Shaun: Everything is fine, daddy.

(Kenneth begins to panic! He looks at his phone and sees the caller ID has his daughter's name.)

Kenneth: He has my daughter! That psycho has my daughter!

Roads: Whoa, what?!

(Kenneth runs out of the van and as he runs across the street he gets hit by a car which comes to an immediate stop. Kenneth quickly stands up and hits the hood of the car.)

Kenneth: (Angered) GET OFF YOUR STUPID CELL PHONE AND PAY ATTENTION TO THE ROAD!

(Kenneth continues to run toward Shaun's house. Kenneth tackles the door open and runs upstairs. He gets into the bathroom and Charlie runs in behind him. They see the little girl's body on the floor, which is revealed to be a life-size doll wearing a black wig.)

Kenneth: Where is he?! I want him caught!

Roads: I'll check the back; you search the house! (Runs downstairs with pistol equip in his hand)

(Shaun quickly jumps into the van, closes the door, then drives off quickly down the street. Hanru hides on the floor of the back seat.)

Hanru: (Thinking) How do I get myself in these situations?

(Sazuki Home)

(Ada and Leo are both sitting in the living room couches. Leo puts his phone down on the table.)

Leo: Unfortunately my brother isn't too fond of the idea of having me back in his life. We're gonna have to find another surrogate.

Ada: I think I know someone. She's from my past; she recently found me. I'll ask her.

Leo: Hopefully this won't be too much of a favor.

Ada: If it is too much for her, then I'm sure there's someone else out there we can find.

Leo: I need to get started on some work, so you go ahead and get in touch with that contact of yours and let me know how things turn out later on.

Ada: Will do.

(Police Station)

(Erika is sitting back in Jennifer Lin's office.)

Erika: Any particular reason why you invited me back in here? Are you feeling lonely or something, or do you just need a helpless victim to grill and criticize?!

Lin: Shut up, Erika! I've been so cruel and harsh to you for so long that I've forgotten why I hold a grudge in the first place.

Erika: You've been cruel to me for years. Since I first got here you've been targeting ME! Why is it just me you've been targeting! Is it because we're different races? Is it because you're Mexican and I'm white? What is it?

Lin: I'm not Mexican; it's just my tan... (Sighs) This was a mistake calling you in here. I'm humiliating myself.

Erika: Have you called me in here to offer me my job back? If not then I'll just be on my way.

(Jennifer quickly stands up, leans over her desk and holds a kiss with Erika for 4 seconds. Jennifer then sits back down in her chair impatiently awaiting a response from Erika. Erika is shocked and confused a bit.

Erika: Have you been so mean to me because you have a crush on me?

Lin: Over time I just gotten so use to being mean to you that I forgot about my true feelings for you. Listen, Erika, I promise to give you back your job, but only... if you promise to keep this between us.

Erika: Gee, Lieutenant... That's kind of a difficult choice you put me in. I mean I have to walk around the whole station know your true feelings for me.

Lin: I knew this was a mistake.

Erika: (Grabs the top of Lin's hand on the desk) I've never been with a woman before.

Jennifer: We can't afford anyone catching us and knowing about an employee relationship going on between the two of us.

Erika: Who said anything about a relationship...? How's about we strictly keep this relationship sexual?

Jennifer: Are you being serious right now?

Erika: I'm being very serious... (Smiles) Lock your door... No, actually I'm not being serious.

Lin: (Chuckles and sighs) You're a big tease, you know that?

Erika: Sorry.

Jennifer: As long as you keep this secret, you have your job back, but I am sending you away for vacation leave. As for the officers in the department, you and I are working on becoming better friends because we realized we share similar interests.

Erika: So we're friends now?

Jennifer: Only if you wanna be.

Erika: Then alright, I can work with this, great.

Jennifer: Now during your vacation leave I want you to get yourself clean, alright?

Erika: Right, got it. And thank you.

(Oregon)

(The van parks in front of a cabin in the middle of the woods.)

Shaun: (Turns the car off) You can come out now; I know you're back there hiding, kid.

(Hanru continues to hide and remain silent.)

Hanru: (Thinking) Maybe he's trying to play a mind game and testing to see if anyone's hiding back here. He's doesn't know for sure anyone's back here and he doesn't know who I am, so this is a good thing.

Shaun: You're name's Hanru right? Hanru Sazuki?

Hanru: (Thinking) Darn! (Comes out of hiding)

Shaun: So Kenneth hired you to try and find me, huh?

Hanru: How old are you like 25; 26?

Shaun: Let's just go with 28. Yeah I know I'm handsome with my short blonde hair. Is that why you agreed to come along and spy against me?

Hanru: I was hoping to stop you from killing anymore innocent people. And plus Kenneth was trying to seek justice for the death of his wife.

Shaun: (Grins) Of course he is. Kenneth is not easy to shake once he's on your back. It's been years since his wife was murdered and he still blames me.

Hanru: So you weren't the one who killed his wife?

Shaun: Let me show you something. (Leaves the truck)

(Hanru and Shaun walk a few minutes deeper into the woods. They continue to talk while they walk.)

Shaun: You don't seem scared to be in the woods with a psychotic killer; what's your secret?

Hanru: You're not the first killer I've encountered.

Shaun: And plus you have a gift. You can easily bond with people and warm up to them rather quickly it seems. I've already grown to like you in just this short amount of time.

Hanru: So the thought to kill me hasn't crossed your mind?

Shaun: Murder is always crossing my mind. The trick is to cross to the opposite side.

Hanru: So you avoid murder?

Shaun: Ah, I avoid that darkness in me. I'm struggling to walk toward the light and find my salvation.

Hanru: And where are you hoping to find that?

Shaun: Through God.

Hanru: God? I've never met a religious serial killer before.

Shaun: I'm not much religious; I'm more of a... believer in a higher power. I try and do my research on God and I 'm trying to get on his good side so that one day my soul can be freed from this evil I've been burdened with.

Hanru: Well I'm sure you will find your salvation.

Shaun: Do you believe in God, Hanru?

Hanru: Well, yeah, I do.

Shaun: What are you, Christian?

Hanru: Well actually...

Shaun: Never mind, don't answer that question. Give me the names of the Ten Commandments.

Hanru: Well I know a few of them...

Shaun: That's all I need to know. So you do believe in higher power, but you don't seem to follow all the rules.

Hanru: ... Yeah, kinda...

Shaun: I'm not much of a "saved" individual; I couldn't tell you whether or not it’s a good or bad thing that you think the way you do. Although God says not to judge others.

Hanru: He also says not to spread gossip, but look at the world; spreading gossip has become like a mandatory way of life now. People can't live without having their business put out there. Spreading gossip and rumors never leads to anything good.

Shaun: Most things that God says not to do is usually because nothing good can come from doing them. Some people can agree of course that marriage outside of sex or fornication, is a good and healthy thing.

Hanru: Of course to the average person they would agree to that.

Shaun: But they are oblivious to what the entire sexual process is about. STDs are a disease that exists because people engaged in sex with multiple partners. People can say that because we as man did not listen to what God told us, he got mad and created this, others can say that God told us not to have multiple sex partners because he was subliminally warning us of the plague. See God never directly tells us things. He tells us in code and it’s up to us to listen not only with our ears, but with our faith. We need to have faith in what God tells us and things usually end up ok.

Hanru: Many people have put their faith in God and have received nothing but pain and discouragement in return. I even had a friend once... Uh... Mitch. God wasn't answering his prayers so he tried jumping off a roof and killing himself.

Shaun: I haven't yet found the answer to why that happens. God answers many prayers but it's possible that certain individuals don't have enough faith to believe in God fully and in the end that fate turns into doubt and eventually non-belief. I also heard somewhere that sin defense the ears of man. The sins we commit and indulge in prevents us from hearing what God has to say. It's good to cut back on the sin. Sex is also a huge sin amongst individuals that aren't married. With religion aside, sex is something spiritual. It's a spiritual act between two individuals... These two souls connect and temporarily become one. By that happening, all the sins that one person has goes into the other. This goes both ways actually. Two people share one another's corruptions. This is why most people change once they've become virgins. Their souls get tainted by the sins of others and it sticks with them for a while. Having sex with multiple people can really mess up a person spiritually, mentally, and even emotionally.

Hanru: A lot of sexual issues have plagued humanity because of sexual partners, right? I'm confident I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Shaun: I agree with you 100 percent.

Hanru: I guess we'll talk more about this later on.

Shaun: just a few more steps and were here.

(Shaun and Hanru stop walking.)

Hanru: Is this what you wanted to show me; a graveyard in the middle of the forest?

Shaun: There are 70 bodies buried here in the area.

Hanru: How did all these people die?

Shaun: They were all murdered... by me. And this is where I store their remains.

Hanru: A ten minute walk away from your backyard?!

Shaun: Yes... (Kneels down and plays with the sand on a grave) Have you noticed that every single one of these graves has a dirt pile over it?

Hanru: Yeah, I noticed that.

Shaun: That's because the bodies have been dug up recently. No one knew about this location or these bodies except for me.

Hanru: Okay so you unburied the bodies; where are they now?

Shaun: That's just it... This is where the problem comes in at. I never undug these bodies; someone else did.

Hanru: But you just said that no one else knew about these graves.

Shaun: They didn't, kid... or so I thought. Would you help me... find out who's involved in this?

Hanru: I can't. I'm hired by Kenneth to catch you and find proof that you killed his wife so we can turn you in... Or kill you, or something.

Shaun: After what you know about me so far, are you going to continue on with his plan, or would you rather help uncover a mystery much bigger than anything you've ever dealt with before in your entire life?

Hanru: Well... I'd rather help... Uncover the mystery.

Shaun: Don't tell Kenneth you're working with me. Continue to play on his side for now. At the end of all this, I wouldn't mind turning myself in, but only after you've helped me. And this isn’t a setup because if I wanted you or him dead… you would be already. So what do you say?

Hanru: … Deal...

TO BE CONTINUED...