Status: Active

Hanru Sazuki

Hanru Sazuki Volume Three Chapter Twenty-Five: Deep Confessions (Fall 2013)

(Hanru and Shaun are still standing in the graveyard in the dead forest. Shaun bites on his thumb while crouched down and Hanru stands looking around the forest; making sure they're not being watched.)

Hanru: You have no idea- not even a theory on who could've dug up these graves?

Shaun: No, not a clue.

Hanru: I mean, come on, you have to know something. This forest is completely dead; no animals live here so we know for sure hunters haven’t found this place, and even if they did find it; I'm sure the police would have been informed of this, and as a serial killer having cops crawl through your backyard is highly intolerable.

Shaun: No cops have swarmed through here; that I'm certain of. Whoever did this to these bodies knows about me... (Sighs) That cop is my only suspicion. The only problem with that theory is that Kenneth has been in Miami this entire time. These bodies were dug up a week ago.

Hanru: And what was inside the graves after you checked them?

Shaun: All the graves were dug up. When I checked every individual whole, there were documents and files on each victim.

Hanru: Police files?

Shaun: No. These were all hand-typed on Microsoft word.

Hanru: A serial killer who uses Microsoft Word; how normal of him... or her.

Shaun: (Looks at Hanru and stands up) You know, I take offense to that. Not all serial killers are inhuman. Most of us are just misunderstood. We've been through deep emotional and mental trauma in this world and sometimes taking the lives of others is what helps us keep our minds at peace.

Hanru: I know a little bit about darkness; you don't have to give me a lecture.

Shaun: (Creeps closer to Hanru then stops) Oh but all darkness is not the same, kid; then at the same time... it actually kinda is. Pedophiles, murderers, child molesters... They're usually all the same deep down. I would go into details as to why that is, but I'm trying very... hard not to go into my dark place right now.

Hanru: Exactly what are you afraid of, Shaun? What triggered your serial killer mind to just all of a sudden turn to the path of light? Were you watching a Tyler Perry movie or something?

Shaun: (Grins) So now you mock me.

Hanru: I'm asking a serious question.

Shaun: (Crosses arms) Alright, kid, last question I'm going to answer.

Hanru: Are you afraid of going to hell with all your victims and being tortured by their souls in the afterlife?

Shaun: In their last moments, these people feared me to an extent higher than I don't know what. That fear I instilled into their very souls, so even in the afterlife, they fear me. I have no worries about them attacking me on the other side.

Hanru: So then what made you wanna turn to the path of God?

Shaun: (Pats Hanru on the shoulder) Another time, kid. (Walks away)

(Motel room)

(Charlie and Kenneth both run into the motel room in a panic.)

Kenneth: Teegan!? Baby, you here?!

(Teegan walks out of the bathroom brushing her teeth with toothpaste flooding her mouth.)

Teegan: Hey, dad; I'm fine. Sorry I didn't call; I lost my cell phone.

Kenneth: Oh, baby...

(Kenneth hugs his daughter in sweet relief.)

Kenneth: You have no idea how happy I feel right now...

Charlie: Maybe you should just give her a gun so that next time I won't have to spend my money hitchhiking us down here again.

Kenneth: She is my daughter, Charlie! A father worries about his daughter.

Charlie: Right, well you owe me 12 dollars. I'm gonna go thank the strangers that gave us a ride down here. (Leaves the room)

(Charlie walks up to the car and talks to the two strangers in the car. They are both beautiful women. The one driving has long black hair and the one next to her is blonde.)

Charlie: Thank you for the ride, ladies; you're now free to go.

Black-haired woman: (Smiles) Oh thank you for the 12 dollars special agent Roads.

Charlie: Excuse me? (Backs away from the car) How do you know what I do; I don't remember having a discussion about my profession on the drive over here.

Black-haired woman: We wanna be nice about this, Charlie. We wouldn't want to hurt you.

Blonde: So forget you've ever seen us and go back to attending to your hookers and the wife you have on the side. Oh and lookout for JR. Make sure your time is spent tending to him; and away from, us.

(The car quickly speeds off out of the parking lot. In a nervous panic and in desperation for closure, Charlie pulls his phone out and dials his son's phone. Someone pick up.)

Charlie: Hello... Karen... Karen honey what's going on with our son; is he alright? (Karen panics on the phone for 8 seconds) Karen, what do you mean he's been poisoned? (Sighs) Oh, gosh... Okay, I'll be right there. Which hospital did you say?

(Cabin in the woods)

(Hanru is walking through the dark creepy cabin behind Shaun. Hanru can't help but to look around and feel this unbelievably powerful feeling of darkness consume him. Bloodstains, dead animals, and dead fur decorate the walls.)

Shaun: There are no lights here so you're gonna have to grab a lantern if you have trouble seeing.

Hanru: Your eyes are not the only ones able to see through darkness clearly.

(The two of them walk up to a bookshelf. Shaun pushes the bookshelf over to the side and reveals a tiny 7 foot long wooden room. A pile of blankets and pillows are on the floor and a wooden desk is leaned up against the wall. A lantern and lamp are displayed on the desk and so it a brown box with a lock on it.)

Hanru: This must be your bat-cave?

Shaun: It's my little corner of the world. The only place where I can be myself and not have to worry about anything else in the world.

(Shaun lays on the ground and begins sniffing his covers. Hanru stands nervous. He hears a sound behind him. Like the sound a car makes when driving over a small puddle of water in the street. He then begins to hear creaking.)

Hanru: Uh, Shaun...?

(Shaun is on the floor passed out with his nose in his blankets and a smile on his face.)

Hanru: (Thinkng) This guy... I hope he knows there are demons floating around in his lair. At least they're not hostile.

(Hands grasp Hanru's shoulders and Shaun throws his face in Hanru’s and makes eye-contact. Hanru's heart beats out of his chest, but he shows only a tiny bit of unease.)

Shaun: Hey, kid; wanna see a dead body!?

Hanru: You know you live in a very creepy place.

Shaun: No judgment is allowed in this lair. This is my place of privacy.

Hanru: Privacy with demented spirits?!

Shaun: (Turns around and walks toward the desk) They don't bother me; I don't bother them... Now here. (Grabs the brown box on the desk) You give this to him- that former FBI guy Kenneth. You tell him that-

Hanru: I think I know what to tell him. You drove to a hotel you were renting and I silently went into your room and-

Shaun: (Angry) WRONG! YOU WERE HERE; TELL HIM YOU WERE HERE! I drove to this cabin and I came inside not knowing you were hiding in the back seat. You were snooping around my cabin and you found the brown box which had all the printed Microsoft documents of all my victims' information. You are under no circumstances allowed to tell him about the graveyard or my back room behind the bookshelf; do you got that?

Hanru: I'm perfectly clear, except... Why would you want to try and expose yourself like this? This could very well get you caught.

Shaun: Maybe that's what I want. Maybe I wanna get caught. When people are murdered and when their bodies are never found, their souls get trapped and they can never be free unless their killer is exposed and caught!

Hanru: Is that your opinion?

Shaun: No. It's nothing religious; it's real, now go! You're beginning to frustrate me!

Hanru: I'll be on my way then. Promise me these demons won't follow me out though.

Shaun: Don't worry; they like it here... Leave now.

(Miami)

(Jessica is in Ray's daughter's bedroom. She stands by the door and he stands by the window starring down at his little girl's bed in shame.)

Ray: This is where it happened. (Softly rubs the sheets on the unmade bed) This is the spot where I did my misguided deed...

Jessica: How did it feel?

Ray: (Looks up at Jessica and kneels down beside the bed) You mean defiling my own daughter?

Jessica: Did you like it?

Ray: Did I like it, what- What kind of question is that?

Jessica: A question I need to know the answer to.

Ray: (Sighs and hesitates for a few seconds) I did... But not because she was my daughter, but because she was young.

(Jessica slowly walks up to Ray and gently rubs his back with her palm.)

Jessica: Ray, remember, I'm here to help you. You've gotta be completely honest and completely open with me. (Whispers in his ear gently) I'll be completely open with you... if you know what I mean.

Ray: I thought you said you were here to help me; not tempt me and take advantage.

(Jessica stands up and walks back to the door.)

Jessica: Ray... I have something to confess to you. Okay, I lost my virginity to a boy who pretended to love me. He took my virginity and he left me. You know and despite that, I still feel... I still have feelings for him. I only wish that I wasn't so lame. I only wish I was better in bed cause if I was, then he would still be together now. I want my sex with him to be so good that he would never leave me again.

Ray: What does that have to do with me?

Jessica: Because! (Calms down) Because, you and I both have been through sexual distress. I just want to connect with someone who... Has been through the same emotional tragedy as I have. If you and I were to have sex, I would be happy because for once I'm pleasuring a man perfectly; the way he wants to be pleasured, and I would feel appreciated and wanted and needed emotionally. And I would be fulfilling your darkest desires. You could do anything you wanted with me, anything, and I won't fight you for it. Just no whips or chains, or any type of pain; no bondage.

Ray: I can't believe this.

Jessica: Please; I just wanna be a good lover for my future boyfriend.

Ray: I can't believe this... Jessica, I'm sorry but I can't. I'm trying to get better and... And...

Jessica: I see you shaking. What you really wanna do is have your way with me and rape me. I'll let you do it; you just have to give in to yourself... I'll be in your bedroom...

(Jessica turns around and gets hit in the face with a toaster. She passes out instantly.)

Ray: What are you doing?

Karen: Ray, we need to turn this girl over.

Ray: Wait turn her over to who? Karen who are we even working for?

Karen: Ray! Whoever they are, they poisoned my son Bobby.

Ray: You mean our son?!

Karen: Yes, Ray; I mean our son. He's in the hospital right now and they said that we'll get the cure after we deliver this girl to them.

Ray: Wait you're not serious.

Karen: (Frustrated) RAY! I am. Please, just help me move her body...

(Ray and Karen are moving Jessica's body down the stairs and talking.)

Karen: I called Charlie and told him that Bobby was at the hospital. Charlie still thinks that Bobby is his son. As long as I'm getting extra money from him, he can believe all he wants.

Ray: I told this girl that I raped our daughter. She said she was going to help but instead she was just going to tempt me at my weakest moment.

Karen: Is that why you're agreeing to help me right now; cause you thought she was going to help you and she failed you?

Ray: Trust me, if she was really going to help me, I would be stopping you from hurting her right now. But she's nothing more than a temptress and deserves what she gets.

Karen: Great, honey. Now Charlie will be on his way to check on Bobby. The people we're working for have given me orders and they are trusting me to give them to you. There's some kid named Han-something. We need to be going after his family, so we have the choice to either go after this woman named Ada, or his friends Lee or Holly. In return for one of these three people, the people we work for promise not to tell my husband Charlie that I'm sleeping around on him with you and they promise not to tell Charlie that his only son isn't really his.

Ray: How do they even know about this? How did they even find us?

Karen: Apparently they were spying on this Han kid when he was talking to this cop and his daughter in their trailer. The kid and the cop decided to go to Oregon. During the time it took for them to begin their road-trip, the people we work for did research on the cop and found out that his former partner was Charlie. Doing research on Charlie, they found out about me and through me they found out I was having an affair and sleeping with you and somehow they found out about Bobby not being his child.

Ray: Alright, so who do we find next?

Karen: Why not go after the easy targets first? We'll go after either Lee or Holly. We have no address on Lee so maybe we should just go after Holly.

Ray: Alright; sounds like a plan.

(Leo knocks on an apartment door and a buff Asian guy with short black hair opens the door. His face grows with frustration once seeing Leo. The man is wearing a white muscle shirt.)

Kwan: I never thought I would see your ugly mug again.

Leo: You're still throwing a fit after all these years?

(Leo walks into the apartment. Kwan closes the door and locks it behind him. A beautiful teenage girl with long black hair is sitting in front of the T.V. watching a cartoon.)

Helena: I love Ed Edd and Eddy so much. Did you hear the story behind this show? Apparently all these kids have died and they're all in purgatory living an infinite childhood. I was really creped out when I found out about that.

Leo: You don't know how to say hello to your uncle?

Helena: Never really practiced those combination of words, amigo; I'm afraid I don't.

Leo: You get that smart mouth from your father... or maybe it was your mother... Oh well who knows?

Kwan: Why have you come back here, Leo? (Crosses arms)

Leo: To Ask Helena herself in person about the favor I wanted you to ask her for me.

Kwan: No, Leo. You can't just... (Sighs)

Leo: Look, Kwan, I'm sorry. I not only came here for that, but I came here to talk to you too. I'm sorry for everything wrong I did. I'm sorry I went behind your back and changed the paperwork and took custody of Hanru and Lawrence after I was the one who hired the guy who nearly killed our sister and his husband.

Kwan: Nearly killed? You mean they're still alive?

Leo: A few months ago Lawrence told me they were in a coma and their deaths' were fake.

Kwan: And you're just telling me this now? Leo our sister is alive... Don't you think I needed to know that?

Leo: I'm telling you now and that's all that should matter.

Kwan: I suppose I should be happy I'm not finding out about this later on in life. Leo I cannot believe I'm hearing this right now.

Leo: She hasn't contacted me yet but I'm sure she will when she's ready. (Coughs twice)

Kwan: You alright?

Leo: I was poisoned when I was at the station a few days ago. The poison hasn't completely worn off; it's slow acting.

Kwan: You should go to the doctor for that.

Leo: No. Kwan I... Brother... I'm done. I'm tired and I just want to move on. There's nothing else left here in my life.

Kwan: So you're just gonna give up like that, huh?

Leo: You only have a few more weeks left with me before I move on, brother. I suggest we use this time wisely to catch up on.

Kwan: I suppose we should.

Leo: I need to make up for a lot of wrongs I did in this life. I'm starting with you. Actually I started with Hanru, but you're next on my list.

Helena: Uncle, Leo.

Leo: Hey, she speaks!

Helena: (Sad) What was it- the favor you were going to ask me for?

Leo: Ada and I are looking for a surrogate to get pregnant and have mine and her child. We were wondering if you would do it for us?

Helena: I don't think my boyfriend would appreciate that, Uncle; I'm sorry.

Leo: It's fine. Ada still has a connect and I can always ask Erika. You just enjoy your young life, Helena. Now would you like to join your uncle Kwan and I on an adult conversation?

Helena: (Smiles) Sure. I love gossip. (Giggles with enthusiasm)

(Erika’s home)

(Erika and Justin are eating lunch in front of her computer. For once they both actually seem to be happy together. They're laughing and having a fun time eating soup.)

Erika: Wow I almost just spilled Soup on my keyboard; what a loser I am. (Both start laughing)

Justin: Erika, I'm so glad you're finally feeling better, and I'm glad the queen gave you your job back.

Erika: Yeah well I need to use this time to get myself together. The drugs and the alcohol were just things to poor my feelings into, but it turns out I don't really have an addiction. The drugs are just a psychological thing that connects to my deep emotional cycle.

Justin: So what are you gonna do about your other problems? I hear Angelo Armejo is getting out of prison early for good behavior.

Erika: I'll need to talk with him then and get some closure. Maybe talking to him will help.

Justin: Angelo Armejo was one of the guys who murdered your friends right in front of you, right?

Erika: Yeah.

Justin: But he wasn't the leader?

Erika: No, the leader's name is Enrico. I hope to find him through Armejo.

Justin: Need some backup?

Erika: No I'm fine. I need to go through this journey alone.

Justin: Alright; whatever you need. (Pats her on the back) So while we're here; wanna create a dating profile on Okcupid or POF?

Erika: I'm not much into dating sites, no... But there is a guy I think is cute and I would just love to maybe give him a shot.

Justin: Is it me? Oh! I knew you couldn't resist me for long. Take me, baby, and never let me go!

Erika: (Chuckles) Wow, You're a goofball. But the guy I'm actually talking about is...

(Police Station)

(The captain walks away from Henry and his cell phone rings. Henry answers it.)

Henry: Detective Michaels here.

Erika: Henry, how would you like to be my date.

Henry: Uhm... who is this?

Erika: (Giggles) This is Erika.

Henry: Erika, huh...

(Jennifer Lin walks into the break room where Henry is. She makes sure to be quiet and not be noticed by Henry.)

Henry: Well, Erika, I haven't been on a date in years, but yeah, I'm sure you and I could maybe grab some dinner together or something. Where are you taking me out too?

Erika: Uh...

Henry: GOTCHA! (Laughs) I may not date often, but I know well enough to know that the male should pay the meals. I got you covered. So I'll take you out maybe tomorrow night.

Erika: (Nervous) Alright, that sounds fine.

Henry: Alright; see ya tomorrow. Bye.

Erika: See ya later.

(Both hang up.)

Jennifer: So... You and Erika are planning a big dinner date tomorrow, huh? Call her back and reschedule, cause I have a case I'm gonna need you to look over tomorrow and it's gonna take up quite a bit of your time.

(Henry walks past Jennifer and stands behind her without making any eye-contact.)

Henry: How about this... You let me enjoy my off-day and I won't tell the station about the lesbian crush you have on one of the employees in your department.

Jennifer Lin: (Nervous) How did you know about that?

Henry: Oh, a little birdie told me. (Walks away)

(Motel)

(Hanru walks into the motel room holding the brown box of files. The room seems tense.

Kenneth: You lived?!

Hanru: You seem surprised.

Kenneth: I thought for sure you were a new specimen added to his collection.

Hanru: No, I got out smooth; no injuries; no problems. Actually, I came by with great news.

Charlie: Actually, before you continue I should probably tell you that I need to get back to my son in Miami. He's been poisoned, and on top of that these two women who gave us a ride back here to the motel are somehow involved in this.

Hanru: Wait you said your son is all the way in Miami, right?!

Charlie: Correct; my son Bobby.

Hanru: What did these women look like? Were they missing a hand? Any major details you can tell me about them?

Charlie: One was blonde with short hair and one had long black hair. Why, do they seem familiar to you?

Hanru: No, they don't. (Sits on the white chair by the front door and he is talking in his head.) If my hunch is correct, then the two women must be between Bertha, Judy, and Velma. Anne chewed her own hand off, Kristen is dead thanks to Israel and my brother, and Janie was the one who poisoned my uncle, I'm sure she would want to finish the job, so she must still be in Miami. Do I let Charlie and Kenneth in on what I know? Maybe it's not best to get them involved, but how is Charlie involved?

Charlie: look, I need to get going as soon as possible. The next flight out doesn't leave for another 2 to 3 hours, so I'm stuck here until then. I suppose for now I can try and help out in any way I possibly can.

(Charlie's cell phone rings. He quickly answers it.)

Charlie: Hello, who is this?

Anne: Put me on speaker phone, Charlie.

(Without questioning, Charlie puts it on speaker. He has a confused look on his face.)

Charlie: Ok, you're on.

Anne: (Moans a bit) Oh, Hanru... Kid, I am really not happy with you.

Hanru: Who are you?

Anne: You don't remember the mental institution. That was my domain. That place was mine! No one ever disturbed me there.

Hanru: Yeah, you're mind was disturbing enough on its own.

Anne: Enough! I am very... very... agitated with you right now and you better watch what words come out of your mouth next cause I'm on my way to get your precious Jessica right now.

Hanru: Anne. You were the one who held that man hostage in that room and made him eat dead body parts from animals.

Anne: You and your little friend handcuffed me to a rail and I had to literally chew my way out! I'm missing a hand... and I'm not happy.

Hanru: What is it you want from me?!

Anne: You come after one family member of mine and I kill your family and everyone you love. They're all dead; and so are you. (Hangs up)

Hanru: This isn't good.

Charlie: What was that all about?

Hanru: It's complicated to explain. Look for now let's just focus on Shaun Maze. I found out where the guy's been hiding. I say we give him a surprise visit... Look, just give me a minute. I'll be ready in a little while. (Leaves the motel room.)

(Hanru walks around the corner and begins dialing a number.)

Hanru: (Thinking) Lee's currently homeless, so his location will be hard to locate. Right now I'd have to say that Holly's the most in danger... There's always Ada too... Maybe I'll call her later; she'll be alright for now. I'll call LJ now to look out for Holly and I'll send Lee a message.

(Lee and Casey are both lying lazy on the living room couches watching Adventure Time. Lee's phone rings. He silently looks at it for a few seconds then puts it down.)

Lee: Hanru said some crazy chicks may be out to kill us so stay hidden.

Casey: I think we're all good where we're at now?

Lee: We're probably both too lazy to care anyway.

Angry Woman's Voice: (Yelling from back room) CASEY! GET YOUR LAZY BUTT OFF THE COUCH AND MAKE ME SOME GREEN TEA!

Casey: Lee, you wanna rock, paper, scissors on this one?

Lee: Nah, not really. We're both lazy, but I'm lazier than you, so you should do it.

Casey: (Sighs) Fine... I'll do it after the episode goes off.

Lee: Episode just went off 4 in a half seconds ago.

Casey: I'll wait till the next episode goes off then.

(LJ and Janet are both sitting in the living watching Zumba videos.)

Janet: See, baby; those moves aren't so difficult to do. You could so do it!

LJ: What makes Zumba so difficult is that fact that I don't want to do it.

Janet: Ooh, come on, for me, please?

LJ: No... (His cell phone rings; he answers it right away) Hello?

Hanru: Do I really have to tell you who's come back for revenge?

LJ: Kaito Zonoda?

Hanru: No, the poisonous Goddesses; the toxisters.

LJ: Why do I need to be worried about them? I told you before; you're too much trouble and I have a family now I need to protect and keep safe from you.

Hanru: There's always a last job, LJ.

LJ: (Sighs) What do I have to be worried for now?

Hanru: The sisters are going after Jessica and I'm pretty sure they have her. They may be going after Holly next. That's just an assumption, but I know how these girls think and trust me when I say they want to destroy everyone Important in my life.

LJ: You really are a twister of trouble, kid; demolishing the lives of everyone you come in contact with.

Hanru: What...? What do you mean by that?

LJ: Figure it out. Right now, I need to make sure my daughter is alright. (Hangs up phone)

(Holly comes walking into the house a bit nervous. She locks the door behind her and walks up to her dad.)

LJ: For once I'm actually glad to see you home early.

Holly: Dad, I was followed here. Some man and women were tailing me in a car. Their vehicle is parked across the street right now.

(Inside the tinted SUV is Ray and Karen. Karen's phone rings. She answers it.)

Karen: Yes?

Anne: I'm here to pickup the girl; where is she?

Karen: No worries about her; she's sound asleep in the trunk. Right now we're picking up the other girl Holly. We're at her house now.

Anne: I'm already at a highly frustrated level! Bring her to me now and worry about Holly later. If Jessica wakes up, I can't risk anything happening to her before I have her in my hands, do you understand me?!

Karen: We understand. We'll be there to meet you in a short while.

Anne: You have 10 minutes! (Hangs up)

Ray: So are we headed back?

Karen: (Hangs up) ... No. Let's nab this girl while we're here; then we'll be on our way.

Ray: We don't know who these women are; all we know about them is that they know how to poison people, they poisoned our son Bobby, and they have information on us about our affair. They can devastate our lives on a critical level, so I say we just go now and worry about Holly later.

Karen: Look, we have a gun. All we need to do is go in there and hold anyone who tries to stop us at gun point, and we bring her out as a hostage.

Ray: Actually, I don't think we have to.

(Holly leaves her house and stares at the two of them. She leaves the yard and continues to casually walk down the street. Karen puts the vehicle in drive and turns around to follow Holly. As Holly gets about 4 houses down she stops and turns around to look at the SUV. She stands and crosses her arms; taunting at them. They pull up right beside her. The two of them both face her. She stands on the passenger side so Ray rolls his window down to talk to her.)

Ray: I'm sure you've noticed that we've been following you.

Karen: We have been sent here by Han to keep you safe. Some crazy women are coming after the people close to him, so he hired us to make sure you were safe. No worries; we are no threat. (Smiles)

Holly: (Smiles) Liars. I know Hanru a lot better then you apparently cause he would never do something like that.

(A wooden baseball bat crashes through the driver side window and snaps in halve as it bashes into Karen's face. Ray turns around to see what happened and sees LJ. Ray is stabbed in the neck with a tranquilizer syringe from behind.)

(Apartment building)

(Ada walks down the hall and knocks on a door. A blonde Ada answers it.)

Ada: If it isn't my twin sister.

Ronda: (Smiles) It's good to see you again, sis. Please, come in; what's mine is yours.

Ada: Thank you. (Walks in)

(Ronda closes the door behind her.)

Ronda: I only told you to come by if it was an emergency; so you would forgive me if I'm a bit impatient to listen to your reason for being here.

Ada: This is maybe a level 2 out of 10 emergency.

(Ronda impatiently waits.)

Ada: Leo and I want to make a baby.

Ronda: And you're telling me this why?

Ada: I can't have children; I was hoping you could.

Ronda: Sorry, but I don't swing that way, darling. You're going to have to find someone else to sleep with your cop boyfriend.

Ada: I'm not asking you to sleep with him; I'm asking if you could... be a surrogate for us.

Ronda: A surrogate?

Ada: Yes.

Ronda: (Thinks for a second) So let me get this straight, you want me to be impregnated with you and your boyfriend's baby?

Ada: Yes, Ronda.

Ronda: I don't have time to deal with being pregnant right now, sister. I'm sorry, but no.

Ada: You're not even straight, Ronda. You like other women, so you may never in your life be able to get pregnant and know what it's like to give birth. Please just do this for us, sister. Do it for me.

Ronda: One reason why I'm the way I am is because I hate feeling subjected by men. I hate being used and stereotyped. I'm a very sexually superior person and men cannot keep up with me or my drive. I hate being labeled by men just because my body needs sex a lot. At least women can keep up with me... (Sighs and covers face as she thinks for a few seconds)

Ada: So will you do it?

Ronda: ... I better not get labeled for this, Ada. A woman who's not married but is pregnant. I don't need that on my reputation.

Ada: You're doing your sister a huge favor here, Ronda, that's more important than a reputation, don't you think?

Ronda: Yeah, I guess... So when can we start this and get it over with?

Ada: You'll have to meet Leo first. He doesn't know about you. I'll call him home right now.

(Leo is sitting at home on the couch. Kwan and Helena are sitting on the couches beside him. Leo seems depressed about something.)

Kwan: Are you sure about this, baby brother?

Leo: I've spent these last few days making up for all the wrong I've caused to people. I lied when I said I started with you earlier. And I'm sorry for that.

Kwan: Hey, it's okay, man. Did you forget you're a bad liar? (Chuckles) I already knew you were lying when you said that to me.

Leo: I put my seed in a large jar and gave it to the doctor just in case something happened to me. Make sure you give that message to Ada.

(Helena's cell phone rings. She answers it after it rings five times. She sounds very awkward and she's acting hesitant.)

Helena: Hey...

Lawrence: Hey there, twin sister.

Helena: It's good to know you're alive.

Lawrence: Sorry if it sounds a bit windy over the phone; I'm on a boat right now heading home.

Helena: Lawrence, I think you need to get home as soon as you possibly can. Uncle Leo really needs to speak with you.

Lawrence: Is he there, next to you? Is that why you're sounding so awkward over the phone right now?

Helena: He is here next to me, Lawrence. Maybe you should speak with him; it's really important that you do.

Lawrence: I'll be home in a few days; maybe even a week. Tell Leo I'll be there to speak with him in person.

Helena: I'll be sure to pass on that message, brother. Oh and uh... I love you.

Lawrence: Likewise.

Helena: (Chuckles) Likewise? Really, brother?

Lawrence: (Cracks a smile while leaning over the rail of the boat.) Love you too, little sister.

(Police station)

(Adam is talking to Jennifer Lin in her office.)

Adam: Ma'am, we haven't had any word on the whereabouts of Detective Sazuki. He disappeared from the hospital and we have no idea where he could've gone.

Jennifer: Did you check his home?

Adam: Ada said she hasn't seen him there.

Jennifer: Leo and Ada were once engaged, remember? She could be filling in for him. I can't have a detective from my station go AWOL like that; not when I'm running for position of Captain. I need him found immediately and brought to my office.

Adam: Yes, ma'am. I'll even give Detective Hargrove a call and let him know to keep an eye out.

Jennifer: You do whatchu gotta do.

(Erika's apartment)

(Justin's cell rings while he's sitting at Erika's kitchen table alone. He answers it.)

Justin: Hey, Sergeant; what's up?

(Adam talks for a few seconds.)

Justin: Yeah, definitely; I'll look out for him. Why don't I check his place out right now for you?

(Oregon)

(Hanru, Teegan, and Kenneth pull up to Shaun's cabin in the middle of the woods.)

Hanru: Here's his place. This is where he brought me.

Kenneth: You're not as useless as I thought you'd be, kid.

Hanru: Thanks, I always adore compliments.

Teegan: (A tiny bit frightened) Dad, what are you going to do once you get inside?

Kenneth: (Sighs) ... I'm going to do what needs to be done, Teegan.

Teegan: Are you going to kill him?

Kenneth: You want me to lie and tell you I'm not?

Teegan: I think this man needs to be brought to justice and suffer for what he's done to mom, but killing him isn't the proper solution.

Kenneth: Teegan. Please, I need you to just be a good little girl and stay here in the van while I go deal with grown up business.

Teegan: I'm not some little girl anymore, dad; I'm not a child!

Kenneth: Don't start getting dramatic; you're mother was always like that.

(Kenneth opens the van door and leaves the vehicle. Teegan takes a few minutes to try and get her anger under control. She snaps after 5 seconds and opens up the back of the van to hop out. Kenneth is standing in front of her.)

Kenneth: You mind handing me that shotgun behind you?

Teegan: No, dad! We are going to resolve this RIGHT NOW!

Kenneth: Teegan... Do you not understand that this is not the time nor the place to be doing this?! I've waiting too long to get this guy under my boot and stomp the life out of him. I've waited years to see him suffer by my hand and no little over-emotional brat is gonna STOP ME FROM DOING SO!

Teegan: I don't want you to take your revenge out on this man and kill him! Dad, I've already lost you once before after mom died because of this man, now please don't let him be the reason why I lose you again!

Kenneth: Teegan, move out of the way and give me the gun.

Teegan: Dad, no.

Kenneth: (Loosing patience) Teegan...

Teegan: Call the police and take him to jail like you told me you were gonna do. It's the right thing to do and it is what we planned.

Kenneth: (Desperately trying to hold anger back) Let me tell you something... I only told you I was going through with that plan to keep you off my back about killing him. I never really planned to tell the police anything! I'm dealing with this my way! Now unless you wanna end up like your mother. I suggest you get out of my face.

(Hanru jumps in between the two of them and pushes Kenneth away from Teegan.)

Hanru: Hey, Kenneth! What is wrong with you; that is your daughter?! Can't you see she's trying to just help you?

Kenneth: Holding me back is what she's doing. And you're doing the same. You two are meant for each other. Get out of my way.

Teegan: Wait, daddy, please-

(Kenneth smacks Teegan in the face and knocks her to the ground. He quickly reaches in the back and grabs his shotgun. He searches around and doesn't see his box of ammo.)

Kenneth: Where are they?! Where are my shells?! What did you do with them you little witch?!

(Kenneth looks down at his daughter as tears roll down her eyes and she cringes in fear of being hit again. He shakes his head and tries to hit her in the face with the back of his shotgun but Hanru tackles him down to the ground.)

Kenneth: Get off me, you stupid kid!

(Kenneth grabs Hanru and throws him against the side of his van. He then grabs the shotgun off the ground and tries to bash Hanru in the face with it Teegan runs up in front of Hanru and takes the hit for him. Her body falls to the ground before Hanru. Hanru is worried of whether or not she's still alive. He quickly wraps his arms around her body and holds her head up to his lap. He has blood all over his pants and his hands. Hanru looks up at Kenneth.)

Kenneth: She shouldn't have gotten in my way.

(Kenneth looks on the porch and sees Shaun standing in the doorway glaring at him.)

Kenneth: SHAUN!

(Kenneth is quickly walking forward while aiming his shotgun at Shaun and trying to shoot at him; but the gun is empty. Kenneth throws the gun on the ground and runs at Shaun full speed. Shaun quickly runs inside and closes the door. Kenneth hits the door and tries to open it but it's locked.)

Kenneth: SHAUN! I'M NOT LETTING YOU ESCSPE THIS TIME!

(Kenneth desperately tackles and kicks the door with all his strength to try and break the door down, but it is all to no avail. He looks over on the ground and sees an axe. He grabs it and smashes it into the center of the door 3 times. After the third time, the whole is big enough to see Shaun standing on the other side pointing a hunting gun up to him. Kenneth quickly jumps out of the way and Shaun blasts the door open. Kenneth quickly gets up and pulls a pistol out of his pocket. He runs into the cabin and sees that it's dark and extremely quiet. Too quiet in fact. It's almost as if he entered into a new world. Kenneth looks down at the ground and begins laughing.)

Kenneth: It's all those kids' fault. If they didn't slow me down, I could've easily snuck up on Shaun and got him before he even noticed I was here. (Continues to lightly laugh) I can't let them get involved again.

(Kenneth leaves the cabin and aggressively walks toward Hanru with his gun equipped.)

Kenneth: Hey, kid! Sorry, but I'm gonna have to kill you!

(Shaun sneaks behind Kenneth and injects him in the neck with a tranquilizer. Kenneth falls to the ground instantly.)

Hanru: He's was going to kill me, and his only daughter. What possessed him to do that?

Shaun: The demons he won't let go of.

Hanru: Demons huh?

Shaun: He's so obsessed with revenge and killing me that he was consumed by ‘em. He was spiritually weak from being torn down his entire life by revenge and when he was inside my cabin, the demons inside whispered to him and possessed him into murdering two innocent souls. Kenneth is deeply troubled. And the evil within him will only make him want to destroy good. It's best you let me deal with Kenneth right now, Hanru. You need to get her to a hospital.)

(LJ's home)

(Ray and Karen are both tied up back-to-back on two wooden chairs. Jessica, Holly, Janet, and LJ are all staring at them. The two of them begin to wake up.)

Jessica: (Grins) It looks like you guys slipped up; I'm free. Ray, remind me to never make a stupid decision again like the one I made with you.

Ray: I'm sorry, Jessica; I really didn't mean for it to go down like this.

Holly: Daddy, should we go upstairs now?

Janet: I know I am. I am trying to bring positive energy into this house; not negative. I need my aura to be pure, so I'll leave you to do what you need to, LJ. (Walks upstairs)

LJ: You should go up too, Holly.

Holly: Yes, sir.

(Holly leave the basement and closes the door behind her. LJ rests his back against the wall and sighs.)

LJ: I just wanna get back to my normal life of BBQs and afternoon walks around the neighborhood.

Jessica: Since when do you take walks?

LJ: That's not the point, Jessica.

Jessica: Sorry, I'll be quiet.

Karen: What do you wanna hear from us?

LJ: Let's get right to the point. Who are you? Why are you coming after my daughter? What is it you want?

Karen: We were hired by these women. They want this Hanru kid to suffer for some reason so they told us to capture his close friends and family. If I didn't do it, then they were going to tell my husband Charlie that I am having an affair with Ray, they were going to tell Charlie that our son Bobby isn't his, and they were going to let my son Bobby die in the hospital.

LJ: What do you mean let him die? Is he poisoned?

Karen: Yes, he is. And I'm doing this for those women so that way I can have the antidote for my son and he'll live a longer life! Why should I care about the lives of strangers when letting them die ensures the survival of my only child?!

LJ: You wanna know the irony is this? I'm going through that exact same thing. I feel the exact same way about the two of you as you casually sit in those chairs. You're strangers; letting you die right now in this basement ensures the survival of my daughter.

Ray: (Scared) Look man, please don't kill us.

LJ: SHUT UP!

Karen: (Says in calm tone) Look, we promise not to hurt your daughter.

LJ: As a parent, I know the depths of how far you would go to save your son. If I let you go, you will kill me, my wife, and maybe even Jessica here, just because we know too much and because you need us dead if you are to save Bobby.

Karen: I promise; we'll let you go. We'll say you moved and we couldn't find you or something.

LJ: I know these women. You messed up by not returning Jessica when you had the chance. She's free now and you have no one to deliver to them. Once they realize you don't have anyone to deliver, they are going to kill your son Bobby. They might even kill you and deem you unworthy. I know how these things work. Unfortunately, we're at a rocky dead end here with nowhere to go. (Places his middle and index finger on the side of Karen's forehead) I can't kill you here in this house for multiple reasons. One of those reasons is because I'm not a killer. Another reason, is because my girlfriend upstairs is into some new spiritual enlightening yoga thing and I wanna respect her by not bringing murderous negative energy into her atmosphere. (Takes a few steps back and closes eyes) I also have a daughter I need to look after and be a role model for.

Karen: So make your choice, handsome.

(LJ turns around to face Karen. Karen has a straight look on her face and she stares LJ dead in his eyes.)

Karen: Cause to be honest, I'm not afraid to die here and now. If you let us go, we will kill you and your whole family. We will kill the girl behind you, and we will do what is necessary to save our son, even if it means destroying everyone you love.

LJ: I'll just have to leave you down here then. I'll handle this my way. I'm going after those poison chicks, I'm finding an antidote for your boy. When everything is dealt with, I'll come back and free the two of you, and your son will be healthy in your arms again.

Karen: No, no, no, You don't get it. They are going to kill our son in the hospital!

LJ: I have connects. Don't worry; your son will be safely secure. I'll make a call now.

(Las Vegas)

(Timothy Turner, A cool guy, relaxes in his pool wearing shades and swim trunks. A young blonde girl is typing on her laptop by the pool. Timothy pushes himself over to the edge of the pool and answers the phone.)

Timothy: I don't care who you are; if you're calling this number it obviously means you need something done from me. Speak your business and be on your way.

LJ: Tim, I got a small job for you.

Timothy: (Smiles) LJ! Me amigo! How's that Miami weather treating you?

LJ: Look, I got a babysitting job for you down here. I need you to watch a kid for me, he's in the hospital.

Timothy: Well... No can do, amigo. In my line of duty, taking out trash is what I do best.

LJ: Come on; don't you wanna take a vacation from your vacation? After Kaito Zonoda was killed I'm sure you haven't had many employers. I'm pretty sure you could use the money, especially with that girl staying with you.

(Timothy looks at the girl and the girl looks and smiles at him.)

Timothy: The girl is no problem, LJ. But I do need to make some money. Now I won't charge you much for this, but don't expect me to do a lot either. I've become more of a generous person after that incident at my house a few months ago. (Quickly takes shades off) Do you know how much money I lost after Kaito shot up those girls in my pool and put a bomb in my house? I had to pay a lot of people off to keep me out of the law enforcement spotlight.

LJ: Not my problem. Just get down here, Tim and I'll give you the details of this babysitting job. Travel light; you won't need to bring much.

(LJ and Timothy both hang up.)

Debbie: So, that was LJ…?

Timothy: Debbie, are you absolutely sure... you wanna come with me?

Debbie: You don't even know what I was gonna ask.

Timothy: I can read you like a bedtime story. You wanna go see that Hanru kid again, don't you?

Debbie: I have been thinking of him a lot lately.

Timothy: You took a bullet for him. You were willing to give your life up for this boy, and in the end, he didn't even fight to keep you around. Instead you're with me; eating my food, leeching off my money, like you're my daughter or something.

Debbie: (Smiles) You agreed to take me in, so don't hate on me just because I'm taking advantage of the generous opportunities I have.

Timothy: (Smiles) Right, leeching off my money is a generous opportunity.

Debbie: It is, and I thank you very much for it. (Chuckles)

Timothy: It's not my business to stop you from exploring your feelings, Debra. It's your choice whether you wanna come with me or not to Miami.

Debbie: I'm sure I wanna go. I still love Him. I still wanna be with Hanru.

(Oregon)

(Hanru is sitting in the motel room on the bed. Teegan is lying beside him sad and depressed.)

Hanru: Are you sure you don't want to go to the hospital?

Teegan: I just want to lay down right now is all. All I wanna do is forget.

Hanru: Your father loves you, Teegan. You know that? He's just a little lost right now. He's in a dark place. And you know, maybe he needs to be there right now to face his demons. And maybe then, he can show you how much he cares.

Teegan: He was going to kill me, Hanru. (Sits up next to Hanru) He was going to kill me... my father. Do you know what that's like?

Hanru: My uncle hired someone to kill my father back when I was 7 or 8. The man he hired went crazy and tried killing both my parents and me. He put my parents in a coma. I ran out to try and help my mother after she was stabbed and the man stabbed me in the chest. My brother and my sister and my uncle Kwan were hiding in the back room. Kwan was desperately trying to hold them back from running after me and getting themselves killed. After I was stabbed, I lost the first 7 or 8 years of my life. I still do remember a few things now and then. But the point is that, I know what it's like having a family member try and kill you. It's something unexplainable. You still see that uncle or that grown up you looked up to, but at the same time knowing that they are responsible for almost getting you killed creates a type of barrier of mistrust. But despite that mistrust; you still love them. And deep down, them trying to kill you in a way creates a spiritual collision between the two of you and the pieces of emotion and trust and love are all shattered. And sometimes those shattered pieces pull themselves back together, but sometimes the pieces come together mixed between you and your older relative. Despite your relative trying to kill you, you will always love them, and with that emotional collision you two shared, your bonds actually become closer in a way. You both reveal your true selves to one another. And revealing brings you closer together. Despite having to look over your shoulder all the time and having to always be cautious around your older relative, the two of you will still love each other. The bond between relatives is not an easy one to break. It’s actually nearly impossible. Sorry if I was a bit confusing.

Teegan: No, no, you make sense. So you're saying my father's... What exactly are you saying?

Hanru: Your father's deep emotions are rising to the surface. All of the anger and darkness within him is coming out all at once, and he's lost control of himself for the time being but, even though he's in this dark place, he loves you. The bond between you and your father will be stronger once his darkness has past and he lets out all of the negativity within him. Your father may act out ill feelings toward you, but don't take it to heart. He's hurting deep inside, and all the problems he says he has with you, is what's preventing you and him from moving closer together and what is preventing him from expressing his love for you. You just gotta be there for him. You just gotta be understanding, okay?

Teegan: I think I can do that. (Sniffs) Thank you; it means a lot that you show you care.

Hanru: No problem, Teegan.

(Hanru gently rests his hand on her thigh and gives her a friendly smile. Teegan cracks a smile back at him and looks him deep in his eyes.)

Hanru: Why are you looking at me like that? So-

(Teegan gives Hanru a great big kiss. Hanru just sits there not knowing what to do.)

Hanru: (Thinking) This isn't good? Hopefully this is just a one-time thing. I don't need another girl falling for me, especially not right now.

(Kenneth is strapped to a wooden chair in the forest in front of Shaun's dug up graveyard. Kenneth wakes up confused and panicking. He calms down after a few seconds and looks at the grave in front of him. Kenneth comes out of nowhere and rips the tape off Kenneth's mouth.)

TO BE CONTINUED...