Status: Active

Hanru Sazuki

Hanru Sazuki Volume Three Chapter Twenty-Eight: Forgiveness (Fall 2013)

(Hanru continues to stand over Maze’s body with the black pistol in his hand while Serena and Allison remain sitting down on the dirty stained couches.)

Serena: Okay, so what do we do now?

Hanru: I still see him breathing so he’s not dead, but now that I have him unconscious, this is a perfect opportunity to take him someplace.

Serena: Who was that you called on the phone just now?

(Parking lot)

(Both Kenneth and Teegan sit in their car in the parking lot of a grocery store.)

Teegan: Dad, who called? Everything was fine with you a second ago, then you got that call and your face just dropped like a horse.

Kenneth: That was Hanru who called. (Sighs and rubs his face) We need to meet him at a motel.

Teegan: Well daaad; can’t we meet him later; I need for you to get me a few personal things from the store…

Kenneth: (Starts up the car) I’m sorry, but you’re just gonna have to wait.

Teegan: (Clenches his arm) Dad, please; I really need this. Don’t make me beg, please.

Kenneth: (Sighs) Can’t you just hold it or something?

Teegan: NO, dad, I can’t just hold it!

Kenneth: Alright, alright, fine! Just come with me so I won’t look so awkward buying this stuff.

Teegan: Dad, it’s okay; you’re not gonna die of embarrassment.

Kenneth: (Sighs) Fine, but if I do die of embarrassment, I’m blaming you.

(Motel)

Hanru: Okay, so while he’s out, maybe we could tie him up or something.

Serena: He has a pretty wide upper body set. I doubt we’ll be able to find anything strong enough to hold him.

Allison: Even if we did, how do you expect us to lift him up?

Hanru: Yeah, that is true. I guess we sit here and hold him at gunpoint until Kenneth gets here.

(Parking lot)

(Kenneth sits in the car and closes the door behind him. He reaches into the back and hands Teegan a black box. She grabs it and stares at it with an unsure look.)

Kenneth: There you go; I did it. I sacrificed my pride as a man to go into the store and publicly buy these for you.

Teegan: Umm…

Kenneth: (Annoyed) AH! What? What wrong with them? Did I get the wrong brand or something?!

Teegan: These are tampons, dad; I need pads.

Kenneth: What?! I see the commercials all the time, these ones obviously work better if they have so much money to pay for all these advertisements.

Teegan: Dad, no. I can’t use tampons, okay. I’m still inexperienced in the sexual department and just… (Takes a deep breath)

Kenneth: What, there’s sex involved now?! Ah, it’s always something with you women. What do you mean you’re inexperienced in the sexual department?

Teegan: You’re really gonna make me say it?

Kenneth: Yes! Figuring you females out is like trying to solve the Rubik’s Cube of life! So why don’t you just tell me what the issue is so we can move on?

Teegan: I’m still a virgin, dad!
Kenneth: That’s surprising.

Teegan: SERIOUSLY, DAD?! Did you seriously just say that?!
Kenneth: (Laughs then gets serious) Okay, okay, so… what does that mean?

Teegan: It means that tampons hurt when I try and put them in, okay, and plus I’m afraid of me accidentally getting one stuck in there cause my muscles are really tight and I might suck it in, or if I try and pull it out, my muscles might cause the string to rip and I’m not going fishing if that happens. Then there’s toxic shock syndrome…

Kenneth: OKAY, OKAY! Gosh I wish I had a son. Females are nasty.

Teegan: Yeah well… you had a daughter so deal with it!

Kenneth: Why can’t you get em yourself; that’ll make things a lot easier.

Teegan: Well, because I’m on it right now and- AH!

(Teegan begins holding her head and a high pitch noise clogs her hearing for about 7 seconds. Kenneth is worried and places his hand on her shoulder.)

Kenneth: Teegan! Teegan, sweetie, you alright?

Teegan: Yeah, I’m fine, just a sudden loss of… (Looks at her father) What were we talking about?

Kenneth: You and your… monthly visitor.

Teegan: I don’t start that until next month in November.

Kenneth: Teegan what day is it?

Teegan: It’s… (Holds her head in pain) It’s October right?

Kenneth: Not it’s the middle of November.

Teegan: Dad, I can’t focus right now. I feel loopy and dizzy. I need to… lay down and I need some orange juice.

Kenneth: I can’t just leave you alone in here.

Teegan: No, dad; it’s okay; I’m perfectly fine. This is just my body’s way of letting me know I have a heavy flow, it’s normal. Please just go get the stuff so we can meet Hanru.

(Motel)

Hanru: He’s taking too long to get here.

Allison: So why not call somebody else?

Hanru: The only other person I have left to contact is Shaun, but he doesn’t have a phone.

Serena: I can drive you to his place. We can’t stay here forever.

(Hanru’s phone rings; he answers it.)

Hanru: Hello?

Kenneth: Look, kid, keep the gun and whoever it is you think I wanna talk to, I don’t care about meeting them. I want you to stay out of my life and my daughter’s life; do you hear me?

Hanru: (Sighs) So that’s it then, huh?

Kenneth: That’s it. You are a sick twisted little freak and I hope you never find love I this world cause all you’ll do is destroy their life. Actually, I take that back. I hope you find a girl as sick in the head as you are, so that maybe one day, she’ll end up taking your life. You stay away from my daughter and you stay out of my life. If I ever see you again or if you ever contact either of us again, I’m going to HURT you. Am I clear?

Hanru: (Sighs and sits on the floor) Yeah, yeah. You’re clear. (Hangs up) Ah, this stupid guy… (Takes a deep breath.)

Allison: (Slowly walks closer and closer as she talks) I recognize that look. That neutral feeling of emotion coursing through you, that feeling of assurance and overwhelming power. (Kneels down and rubs Hanru’s face) Why is your dark side coming out?

Hanru: I have it under control. Just please… take me to Shaun’s cabin. I’ll give you directions.

(Parking lot)

(Kenneth sits in the car again and closes the door behind him. He hands Teegan a blue package. He looks very troubled by something, but doesn’t make it too obvious.)

Teegan: Thank you, dad. (Hugs Kenneth)

(Kenneth can’t help but feel emotionally conflicted as he wraps one arm around his daughter’s body.)

Kenneth: You’re welcome, honey. (Kisses her forehead)

(As the two of them stop hugging, Teegan notices a red liquid on his mouth. She smiles at Kenneth and quickly wipes it off before he notices it.)

Teegan: Dad… please don’t criticize me anymore if I ever need your help again.

Kenneth: Yeah, sorry.

Teegan: I am a girl, dad, and girls go through things guys don’t so… if I need you to help me with a girl problem, I need to know I can rely on you. You’re the closest thing to a mother I have. (Teegan once again hugs her father tight)

Kenneth: I know I’m not perfect, Sweetie, but uh… I need for you to really have some patience with me. From now on, I’m gonna try my best to be here for you ok. We only have each other in this world and I will never let anyone hurt you ever again. Do you trust me to take care of you?

Teegan: I do…

Kenneth: Then let’s go home.

Teegan: But what about mother?

Kenneth: Your mother abandoned you once; I’m sure she’ll end up doing it again. I just won’t let her get the chance this time.

Teegan: Thank you dad. Let’s go home.

Kenneth: Yeah...

Teegan: Where is home?

Kenneth: How do you feel about living life on the road?

Teegan: (Smiles) I love it.

Kenneth: Alright, so let’s go get us an RV and move on down the road.

(Dead forest)

(Hanru, Allison, and Serena are driving on the road within the dead forest. As they continue to drive, the front tire pops and the car turns to the side and crashes into a tree. Hanru flies out of the front windshield and splashes into a deep puddle of water. Hanru quickly swims out of the water in a panic and crawls to the land. He hears a grunt beside him and quickly rolls over, just barely dodging decapitation from an axe. Hanru quickly stands up a few feet away from the guy holding the axe.)

Hanru: How did you now it was me in that car?!

Shaun: I didn’t! I just saw a car and though I should get my fill. You being the one in the car is just a bonus.

Hanru: So you were serious about killing me?

Shaun: I was. I’m tired of playing these games with you, so I’m just gonna go ahead and stay on the dark side.

Hanru: What?! But what about all that talk about wanting to better yourself?!

Shaun: Why should I better myself?! I forever lived in the shadow of Carry’s death, but now that she’s alive, I feel… like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I can finally rest easy now and continue being the man I once was!
Hanru: So you never really had any personal desire to change? You only wanted to better yourself through guilt.

Shaun: People are not like you in this world. People can easily assort to evil actions! Sometimes guilt is a method that can affect people into bettering themselves as a person, but now my guilt is gone and I only care about feeding my desires! I’m gonna cut all loose ends and become anonymous once again!

Hanru: So that’s it? You want to do evil things, even if it means hurting other people, just so that you could get what you want out of life?

Shaun: Why should I care about other people, huh? What have they done for me or what could they even do for me?! Being evil makes so much more sense in the whole messed up world because it’s the only way you can get what you really want!

Hanru: I…

Shaun: You can’t argue against it, can you? Because like I said, it is within human nature to assort to doing evil things. Being a good person does make you live a better and more open life, but sometimes people don’t want to live a better life. They just want to enjoy the limited time they have in life and not worry about the spiritual effects behind their actions in life.

Hanru: Evil is an addiction. People have a choice whether or not they want to be good or bad!
Shaun: And most of the time they choose to do bad but try and justify it into making it seem good.

Hanru: Then here’s where we get to the Ying-Yang rule. Where there is evil, there is always good.

Shaun: Who’s to say what is good and evil in this world? We people do evil things all the time and have some sort of justification behind why we do it; therefore making it something good in our eyes. And like you said how evil is an addiction; that’s because it is in our nature. What makes things good in evil, I suppose is defined by the results of an individual’s actions and how harmful those actions are.

Hanru: So you are evil because you kill innocent people and you harm them for personal gain.

Shaun: No, no! I want to someday be known as a legendary killer in history. The more I kill, the more famous I will become. So killing makes me get closer and closer to obtaining my ambition in life. So you see, in my eye, killing is right. I just justified my evil! In politics, people are fired and lose their jobs because of a co-workers wanting their positions. Politics lie about their candidates just so the people won’t vote for that candidate and the one spreading all the lies ends up getting elected. Now that politician just ended the career of his enemy, just so that he could move on up and make his life better and more complete. What makes that politician any better than me? We both destroyed the lives of others for personal gain, and we both justify our actions because we want to feel whole. If a woman wants a man but her friend is dating him, she’ll brake them up then take advantage of him while he’s heart broken and they’ll end up getting together. She broke her best friend’s heart and shattered a perfectly good relationship, just so she could have personal gain and make her life complete. If she failed in breaking her and her friend up, she would spend the rest of her life building up hatred and evil feelings toward her best friend and in the end, she would probably accidentally kill her best friend in a blinding rage of jealousy. So you tell me; what choice do you think was best?

Hanru: Envy is evil. Be happy with what you have and never want what someone else has and that situation would completely be avoided!

Shaun: Envy is within the nature of women and many men; especially when it comes to infatuation with the opposite sex. Envy is within our nature! Human nature is evil! So you understand what I’m saying now. Good and evil is a choice; that is true, but when evil is within who we are, how do you expect us to go against our nature? Why would we want to go against it; it’s too much trouble on our part. When people try and go against their own nature just to try and better themselves, they feel pressured and conflicted with who they are and eventually they crack from all the pressure of wanting to do these good things, and they begin to question themselves of why should they be putting themselves through this hardship and eventually they go back to their old ways. So yes, evil is an addiction and without evil, we as people will either deny the cure or withdraw and crack. The ideal good and evil I’m saying to you is the origin of all evils. The origins of all evil are the commandments.

Hanru: Of course, but… even if you did decide to follow the commandments and eliminate all evil from within you, you won’t be able to withstand the pressures of going against your own nature.

Shaun: Unless… you are a follower of God. You see only through God can you successfully live by the codes of the commandments and prevent evil from tainting you.

Hanru: So you don’t believe people can better themselves without God?

Shaun: People can better themselves, but it’s not gonna last for very long; if it does last for very long, eventually they will crack. Eventually the origins of evil will find everybody at some point.

Hanru: And the origins of evil is the disobedience of the Ten Commandments.

Shaun: That’s right… Now of course you know I’m not talking from a religious point of view because I’m not a religious person. I’m speaking from a real point of view.

Hanru: Alright then… so I see there’s no hope for you. Well in your eyes there isn’t. But I still see retribution in your eyes. There’s still hope for you to do the right thing. You just gotta want to find that hope.

Shaun: I know that. I want to be this way, I want to choose to be a killer! I choose not to want hope.

Hanru: (Sincere) Are you sure?

Shaun: Why wouldn’t I be?

Hanru: Empty your mind and ask yourself who you really want to be as a person. Don’t think about anything when you ask yourself this. Empty your mind and completely detach yourself from all thoughts, memories, bonds, relationships, feelings, fears. Detach yourself from everything and really ask yourself- ask your very soul the question of who you really want to be as a person and what philosophies do you want in your life. You will ask yourself this question, and you will get an answer, but once you snap back into this reality, your answer will either fade away, or consume you. Usually the answer that fades is the correct one, but everyone is different; it could go either way. Once you get your answer, you have to work on becoming who you want to truly be.

Shaun: And what if I truly want to be evil and do evil things?

Hanru: Accessing the deepest part of your soul isn’t as easy as you think. You’ll need professional spiritual help in finding yourself and make sure they are legit because of if you do the wrong thing when searching for your soul, you could end up hearing kind and sincere manipulative voices of demented spirits. If that happens, they you could end up destroying yourself; thinking that what you’re doing is the right thing.

Shaun: I think I need to kill you now. This talk is a real drag.

Hanru: I have someone in the car I think you should meet. It’s the man who dug your graves and has been watching you all this time. He is your father, Shaun.

Shaun: What?!

Hanru: I’m sure he’ll tell you this himself.

(Maze’s hands are tied over his head with strong rope, on Shaun’s porch, minutes later. He sits down with his back against the wooden beam. Allison, Serena, Hanru, and Shaun stand over his body. Shaun seems angry.)

Shaun: So you went through all of this just to test my humanity? You both should have been dead; none of this should have even happened!

Maze: (Sighs) Son. Your mother and I always knew you were going to grow up and be a killer. When you attempted to kill us, we knew it was official that you no longer has any emotion left in you. After all the love your mother and I showed you, you tried to kill us. Fortunately, we both lived. I was lucky enough to be found by Jason’s crew. The hospital was called for your mother and after she recovered, she moved back to Chicago. I decided to stay faithful to Jason because he was the one who saved us both from death. Now I can’t take it anymore. He and his little gang of murderers kill for whatever reason they choose to. They sometimes even kill those who don’t deserve it, so I have been planning on trying to find some way to get you to kill them for me.

Shaun: Is that why Carry told me all that stuff about how she wanted to be with me forever and live by my side and help me work through my addictions?!

Maze: I haven’t given her the order yet to tell you to kill them yet. When did she come see you?

Shaun: It doesn’t matter. You know she also asked me to kill you too. She says you’re an unrighteous killer who passes judgment on people then hires Jason or one of his crew mates to kill for you.

Maze: I see… (Looks way)

Shaun: So then it’s true. You do pass judgment on people and decide their fate!

Maze: I do, son, but you have to understand; this world would be better off without those sinners.

Shaun: So you use the laws of god to try and justify your ways of killing?! I really do dislike people like you.

Maze: Well, not that I’m recruiting you, but you and I and Carry can work side by side and together we can pass judgment on the wicked and you can dispose of them any kind of way you please. Once Jason and his crew are dead, we can reunite as a small family.

Shaun: (Chuckles and grins) You know…

(Thunder roars lightly and within seconds, rain begins to poor down.)

Shaun: I am my own man now. I am in control of what I want!

Maze: So what do you want, son?

(Shaun grabs hit woodcutting axe and rushes up to Maze in an angry rage.)

Shaun: I’m going to end this. I’m through with you and this little game. I’m going to decapitate you, so this time I know for sure you won’t come back!
Hanru: Maybe you should just let him go.

Shaun: And here you go to ruin the moment.

Hanru: Shaun, despite what he put you through, you need to just forgive him and move on.

Shaun: I don’t have time for a lecture, tell me why I shouldn’t just take him out now and be done with it?

Hanru: Well, what harm can he do by being let free?

Shaun: He can track me, or report me to the police! He has all the bodies of my victims and all the research files on… them…

Hanru: There’s an alternative, isn’t there?

Shaun: You’re right; I don’t need to kill him. (Looks at his father) Dad…

Maze: What is it, son?

Shaun: I forgive you. I’m choosing to put all my hated feelings toward you aside; but I can’t just let you go. I can’t risk you hurting anymore people. I’m sick of this back and forth game for who I really wanna be. I’m choosing to be my own person now and until I die. No more killing for me. I know it’ll be hard, but change is something I want for myself. And Hanru.

Hanru: Yeah, Shaun?

Shaun: I choose to believe in a higher power for my own reasons. I’m done now. I’m done talking about this.

Hanru: Wasn’t that entire speech out of place?

Shaun: I just want you to know what I’ve decided. Now, let’s get this over with. Call Carry.

Hanru Narrating: So we called up Carry and she was more than willing to reveal the location of where all the hidden bodies were. So we decided to go find those bodies and report the location to the police. Once that happened, we were going to set up Shaun’s father and say he was responsible for killing all these people, but we should’ve known better than to think everything would go smooth.

(Hanru and Shaun are knocked out. Hanru, Shaun, Allison, and Serena wake up in a dark room, all chained up to wooden pipes. The sound of heavy machinery and gas can be heard.)

Hanru: Crawl out of one hole and into another.

Serena: I wanna know how my sister and I ended up involved in your situations. I mean we were just chilling at home waiting to get our baptism schedule and then all of a sudden, we end up getting sucked into a whole whirl of stuff. I just love these random adventures of my life.

Allison: Yeah, who doesn’t like adventure? Adventures are great an all, but I think I’m ready to settle down and go back home.

Serena: Yeah, I hear you, sister…

Allison: I think I might turn myself in for my crimes. I’m tired of running.

Serena: Yeah, so am I. I know I didn’t commit any crimes directly, but I’m done running away too I’m just going to live with you in hopes of everything working out for the better.

(Two women walk down the concrete stairs and turn on the small round lights in the sealing. One woman has short brown hair and glasses; the other had medium length blonde hair. They both stand in the middle of the square the other four characters make while they are chained up to the four different pole corners of the room.)

Velma: (Adjusts her glasses) Hanru… Sazuki…

Hanru: Crazy… chick….

Velma: See unlike my sister, I have the shortest temper. (Kicks Hanru in his side)

Hanru: AH!

Velma: (Covers her eyes in annoyance) Okay, please shut up; I am so not in the mood for this screaming out in pain stuff.

Hanru: I’m pretty sure I know who you are, but the fact that you wait until now to capture me, shows that… you suck!

Velma: Again… really? More insults? You’re gonna die anyway so I guess you might as well get out as many insults as you can.

Hanru: Okay, so if it’s me you want, why kidnap these three and bring them in here?

Judy: We agreed on filling up for the party we’re about to have.

Velma: We want you to watch the people you care about suffer and die.

Hanru: AH! This is getting annoying already! I had nothing to do with your sister’s murder!

Velma: We know that, but it was your brother who killed our sister Kristen and he disappeared, so it’s only fitting we kill his sibling and disappear. Pew! Gone like the wind, baby.

Hanru: First of all, my brother didn’t kill Kristen. Wait a minute, all of you poison chicks have been watching me and coming after my friends and family and for what?! Who was it that told you Lawrence murdered your sister?!
Judy: It was that handsome blonde guy. He used to be a cop, but we forget his name, which is… surprising actually.

Hanru: Wait a blonde cop? The only blonde cop you could be talking about is Oliver.

Judy: (Snaps her fingers) That’s his name! See, sis, I knew it was something simple and easy to remember; it’s like olive the fruit… or is it a vegetable?

Velma: You probably just guessed his name right. What’s his last name?

Hanru: Rayne.

Velma: Ha, very funny you little punk; you only said that because it’s raining outside!

Hanru: Oh come on! You’re messing with me, right?!

Velma: Maybe I am; maybe I’m not.

Hanru: My brother was now responsible for killing your sister. In a blinding rage, Israel, Oliver’s daughter, killed Kristen by complete accident. Oliver told you it was my brother to keep the heat off his daughter and provoke you all to kill me and my family. Oliver does not like me; but he’s under direct orders from Jason to not kill me.

Velma: So I’m guessing you’ve been around a lot of serial killers?

Hanru: Yes; my life revolves around them.

Velma: Fine… I believe you… but, uh… I’m gonna need something; I mean I can’t just let you mosey on out the door and let you be free.

Hanru: Then I’ll run out the door instead of moseying- simple.

Velma: You have a smart mouth, you know that? You remind me of myself. If circumstances were different, I would be having sex with you right now. Sorry, I sometimes have a hard time expressing how I feel.

Hanru: It’s alright. Look, please untie me. Please.

Velma: Okay. I mean it’s not like you have anywhere to run to, right?

Hanru: I’m not running.

(Velma takes a few seconds to untie Hanru’s hands.)

Velma: Okay, so what now? Is there something you wanna do; what?! You wanna fight? I’ll box you!

(Hanru wraps his arms around Velma’s body and gives her a warm loving hug.)

Velma: What is this supposed to be?

Hanru: I’m sorry about your sister. I really wish I could bring her back… but I can’t; nobody can.

Velma: What’s your point?

Hanru: It’s almost Thanksgiving. You and the rest of your sisters are still alive. I know it’s not gonna be easy, but you and your sisters need to accept that she is gone and you all need to embrace what’s left of your family. If you do kill me, you and all your sisters will be found and killed. Instead of trying to avenge your fallen sister, learn to forgive and move on. Enjoy your sisters while they’re alive and just life happily together. Just forget about this whole thing ever happening. I know it’s hard.

Velma: I’m bipolar, kid; don’t toy with my emotions.

Hanru: It’s okay to miss her. It’s okay to grieve. It’s okay to accept she is gone.

Velma: But she’s not gone. (Holds in her tears) As long as my sisters and I believe she’s still alive, she will stay alive forever!

Hanru: Stop living in denial.

Velma: (Tears fall from her eyes) If I accept her being dead, she’ll no longer live around me anymore.

Hanru: She will always be around you. That bond you shared as sisters was strong and even in death that connection will still be there. It’s okay to let her go. Just take a deep breath and let her go.

(Velma screams out for a few seconds and grasps onto his shirt as she falls to her knees and breaks out in tears. Hanru hugs her tighter.)

Velma: I don’t know what’s going on anymore. Uh! (Sucks up her tears) I’m sorry but I still can’t let you just go free. You tell me where to find that cops daughter then I’ll let you and your friends go.

Hanru: I don’t know where to find her. I’m sorry.

Velma: Then I can’t let you go.

(Velma shoves Hanru off her and he hits his back against the pipe. Velma stands back up.)

Velma: You may have caught me at my moment of weakness but I’m not into that lovey-dovey stuff. (Sniffs)

Judy: (Scared) Sister, you okay?

Velma: yeah, Jude. Yeah, I’m fine. (Hugs Judy to comfort her) Your big sister is fine.

Judy: Okay…

Velma: Judy, go wait outside for me, okay?

Judy: Okay.

Velma: And don’t eat anymore bugs okay? It’s unsanitary.

Judy: (Giggles with joy) Okay, big sister.

(They both part and Judy runs up the stairs with a huge smile on her face. Velma turns and sees Hanru staring at her with a blank look.)

Velma: Judy is our youngest sister. She hurt her head when she was younger and it messed up her up mentally.

Hanru: So you’re just, the bipolar, passive-aggressive big sister who takes care of her?

Velma: (Angry) And do you have a problem with that?!

Hanru: (Crosses arms) No, not at all; I actually think it’s very noble of you.

Velma: Why? Is it because I’m a girl? Well you can just suck me little man because what I have to go through with taking care of my sister proves I have more balls than you or any man!

Hanru: You know, usually the seemingly most fragile of things are, in reality, the more powerful. A person can get their hand slashed with a knife by accident and after a short while, the pain fades away. If someone was to get a paper cut, well I’m sure you know how much those hurt and how long they hurt for. I’ve been bit by a dog; still have the scars in the back of my leg to prove it, and I’ve been bit by an ant. An ant bite hurts more.

Velma: Would you stop speaking in riddles and just talk?!

Hanru: I am talking you’re just not getting what I’m saying to you! Woman are looked at as seemingly fragile creatures but really, woman are stronger than men and can handle more than men. You say you have more balls than me, well having balls aren’t a good thing; were vaginas are seemingly more fragile compared to penises, vaginas can endure more and take a harder pounding. So growing up in school, if someone ever called me a pussy, he was ironically giving me a huge compliment. So if you say you have more balls than I do, you’re only insulting yourself, Miss Lady.

Velma: You think you’re real smart, don’t you? You think you’re right about everything just because you think differently, don’t you? Okay, I’ll give you a little credit for this little speech you gave me, but don’t always assume you’re right about everything just because you feel it’s the truth and you believe it 100%. UGH! Why am I even talking to you about this? Tell me where I can find Israel!

Hanru: I don’t know where she’s at. You should’ve kidnapped the old man that was with us; he’s the one working for them!

Velma: And you know, silly me and my sister thought it would be funny to just leave him there all tied up.

Hanru: Well if you want answers, you’ll have to go get him.

Velma: I can’t trust you, and I’m like too lazy to retie your ropes so you come with me or something.

Hanru: It’s not like I’m going to escape anywhere. Look around; you have my friends held hostage. I’m not just gonna abandon them. You can trust me to stay here in this room untied and without worry that I’ll leave.

Velma: That little pistol you had on you I have. I’m giving to my sister to watch over you and make sure you don’t do anything stupid. I’m going to go get this old man and bring him back here for questioning.

Hanru: You’re not thinking straight right now; are you?

Velma: (Annoyed) Sometimes my judgment gets clouded and I can’t think straight so the answer to your question is NO! Now while I’m gone, I want you to be a good little boy and SHUT UP and sit there! Like… like a good little boy! SHUT UP!

Hanru: I didn’t say anything.

Velma: SHUT UP! AH! (Storms off up the stairs)

Allison: Isn’t she a treat.

Hanru: She’s a funny one; that’s for sure.

(Velma comes charging down the stairs.)

Velma: Hey, kid! You got any money on you?!

Hanru: No, sorry I don’t, sorry.

Velma: Darn it! I was going to ask you to buy me a chicken sandwich from Popeye’s.

Hanru: I don’t think Popeye’s has sandwiches.

Velma: SHUUUUT UUUUUUUUUP! NOBODY ASKED YOU! Now if you’re done giving me attitude; I’d like to take you out for a chicken sandwich!

Hanru: You’re offering to take me out during a hostage situation?

Velma: Come on, kid, you and me both have been through these things more times than we can count. Instead of being such drama queens, let’s just be neutral about the situation. You can be you and I can be me. Now I’m hungry and I want you to come with me because I can’t risk you sweet-talking my sister into letting you all go; you and I both know you’re capable of it. So now let’s just move on! Gear your butt in drive and tail me out the door! (Chuckles) I love metaphors for cars. I believe there was an R. Kelly song that once used those.

(About 10 minutes has passed. Shaun is seen groaning and moving around for a few seconds. He finally gets his hands free and throws the ropes to the floor. He stands up and massages his wrists.

Serena: Come on, man! Don’t you wanna see how this all plays out?

Shaun: I don’t have time to play around. I’ve tied up so many people in so many different ways, I know exactly how to loosen these things up and break free. So I say, why not take the opportunity? (Picks up the rope and ties a grip around his hands with it) You see the difference between you and I is that I make things happen; you wait for things to happen.

Serena: Sometimes waiting is more fun than doing stuff.

Shaun: I’m an impatient person so same rules don’t apply to me.

(Shaun goes up the stairs and knocks on the metal door.)

Judy: (Joyful) Knock, knock, who is it?

Shaun: (Sincere) Um, my ropes weren’t tight enough and they fell off. I don’t want to get into any trouble with your big sister, so could you please tie my ropes a little tighter for me, please?

Judy: (Taps finger across her lip) Hm… What’s the magic word?!
Shaun: Um… please?

Judy: (Laughs) Yay! You got it right!

(Judy unlocks and opens the door and Shaun quickly presses the rope against her neck and rushes her into a wall. As she chokes and desperately tries to claw the rope from off her neck, she’s cutting herself and causing her neck to leak out blood. She reaches into her pocket and pulls out a pistol. Shaun quickly throws Judy to the ground and she quickly crawls away from Shaun and points the gun at him; crying and shaking.)

Judy: (Terrified) GO AWAY! GO AWAY, GO AWAY, GO AWAY! Leave me alone…!

Shaun: (Talks softly) All I want is the gun. I’m not going to hurt you.

Judy: VELMA! VELMA PLEASE HELP ME!

(Shaun charges at Judy.)

Judy: NO! GET AWAY FROM ME, PLEASE STOP!

(Both Judy and Shaun wrestle for the gun but he snatches it away after a short struggle. He stands over Judy as she holds herself in fear and crying and begging Shaun not to hurt her.)

Judy: Please don’t hurt me, please don’t hurt me.

Shaun: I don’t want to hurt you, but I can see how protective your sister is over you. If I just let you leave, I’ll have to worry about both you and her coming after me. I can just deal with you right now and get one sister out of the way. (Points the gun as Judy)

Judy: WAIT NO!

Shaun: (Pulls the trigger) I’m sorry. (Runs out of the factory)

Allison: We gotta get out of here now. Once the big sister gets here, she’s going to go berserk and kill everybody who’s anywhere near here. I say we get out of dodge right now.

Serena: Let’s try getting these ropes off.

(Shaun’s cabin)

(Velma and Hanru both reach the cabin and see Maze still tied to the beam. They both walk up to him.)

Maze: Finally. It’s about time someone showed up. Are you gonna feed me?

Velma: Well there are some chicken sandwiches in the car, but those are mine so too bad for you. Okay, look old man; I need some information that’s could save your life. Tell me where I can find Israel Rayne and I’ll let you go; if you refuse to give me the information, I will cut you where you sit and watch you bleed out! You got one chance to give me your answer; cooperate or don’t cooperate; your decision.

Maze: I’m very weak right now… (Breathing hard) And I feel like I’m dying.

Hanru: It’s because of this house. It’s this cabin! This cabin is filled with such evil.

Velma: I feel it too. I know I have some demons, but what lurks in that house is highest level of demonic entity. I don’t even wanna be here right now. I’m leaving, sorry; I’m going back to the car. (Quickly walks back to the car.)

Hanru: Please, sir; we’ll free you and help you get out of here, but you need to give us the information we need. Tell us where to find Israel.

(A van slams into the car and it slides into a tree. The van continues to drive toward Hanru and Maze.)

Maze: Get out of the way!

(Hanru quickly runs out of the way and the van crashes into the cabin. Shaun gets out of the cabin angry while holding a gas can. Shaun walks outside.)

Hanru: What are you doing here, Shaun?

Shaun: Cutting off all ties that remind me of my past! This cabin is going to be burned soon and all that remains inside will be reduced to nothing. I’m moving on with my life and I don’t want to be constantly looking over my shoulder while I’m trying to better myself. I’m going to live in seclusion somewhere alone. I don’t need Carry coming with me, I don’t need my father trying to recruit me, and I don’t need the psycho sisters trying to hunt me. I’m moving on, kid. I don’t care what happens to anyone anymore. I’ve decided to live by god now and forget about my dark past!

Hanru: Good for you, Shaun. Goodbye, father…

Maze: Son, please… before you go, let me baptize you.

Shaun: It’s not like I’ll have another chance to be. So fine. Let’s get this over with now.

Hanru: Well since you’re going to be baptizing people, why not do the same for Allison. She was really looking forward to doing it.

Shaun: Fine. It would be nice to have a partner.

Hanru: (Thinking) This whole thing is starting to get silly now.

(Factory)

(Out in the middle of nowhere, Allison, Serena, and Judy stand. The wind is picking up and they stand with their backs against the wall. Shaun’s wrecked van pulls up.)

Velma: You told me you sweet talked my sister into letting you go; obviously the other two girls did the same.

Shaun: (Nervous and holding the pistol in his hand) yeah…

Allison: You remember what we talked about, right?

Judy: Yes. Don’t tell my sister Shaun shot at me because he missed on purpose.

Serena: And you don’t wanna cause your sister to go crazy and attack Shaun. He spared your life and apologized for what he did to you.

Hanru Narrating: So it was done. Judy and Velma were too close so the truth got out right away. But in relief that her sister was still alive in this world and unharmed, Velma felt grateful and forgave Shaun for not hurting her sister any worse than he already did. Ironically, Shaun’s father baptized both sisters, Allison, and his own son. Shaun and his father’s relationship is a very awkward one, but the two did make peace with each other in the end. Serena and Allison went their own way and Shaun requested to join them. In realizing his wrong doing in life, Shaun’s father begged for forgiveness and decided to do something good for once to make up for all the wrong he’s done toward his son. He then confessed to all of the murders he was responsible for and all the murders of Shaun as well. His father stayed faithful to god in the end and apologized for everything he did wrong in his life. Not a moment went by when he wasn’t praying. Even in the court room he prayed and even when he sat in his electric chair he didn’t stop praying. I was of course left in Oregon, but I will eventually find my way back to my home. Of course there’s always something unexpected that happens to me, but that’s what makes it expected, right?

(Hanru walks onto a truck stop lot with a backpack over his shoulders. He walks into the diner and sits at the counter. A charming red-head walks up to him.)

Charlie: Hello, I’m Charlie and I’ll be your server for today. How may I help you?

Hanru: (Smiles) You sound like you read that off a script.

Charlie: (Chuckles) Well I do say it a lot; I’ve gotten use to saying certain things so much, I’m beginning to sound like a robot.

(Both lightly chuckle.)

Hanru: Well a friend gave me a few bucks to get back home to Miami, so while I’m here I need something that’s filling and cheap.

Charlie: Oh my, gosh! You’re from Miami too?! Well, actually I’m originally from Texas but I moved to Miami at a very young age because I felt I needed a new scenery, ya know?

Hanru: Yeah.

Charlie: So… I spent a few years out there and took some college courses while I worked as a waitress once again. Then I met this strange man who was saying some stuff about a stalker I never knew I had and that he was plotting against me. So this man warned me to get out of the city for a while, so of course, being the adventurous girl I am, decided to go fishing in someplace fancy with my cousins in Minnesota. Well unfortunately my cousins were busy for a while, so I thought I’d just go alone. Well it turns out I hate being alone, so while on my way out there, I looked up this website and met these amazing people who let me crash at their place, or should I say “Surf on their couch”? (Laughs) And then so, while on the travels, we ended up going to Virginia and having a blast. Oh did I mention that after they let me crash at their place, they came with me on my trip? Well, so anyway, we continued to drive and eventually we realized that we had no idea where we were going. So while we went from state to state, we did what we could to earn money and we ended up traveling 12 states at the very least. I think the actually number was 16, but I’m not sure. So anyway, we eventually made it to Minnesota and we did our business there and we traveled around a bit more, but then we decided to part ways. They went back home and I stayed here in Oregon. I’m thinking about going back to Miami though; I haven’t been there in like 4 years. (Chuckles)

Hanru: You’re always happy, no matter what, I can tell. You’re a very positive person.

Charlie: I am. It’s one of my best traits.

Hanru: The other being your smile right?

Charlie: (Smiles and giggles) That’s right.

Hanru: (Cracks a smile) It’s good to hear a normal positive story for once. My life is filled with so much issues and abnormal problems.

Charlie: Well anybody can be miserably, but it takes effort to want to be happy. I, on the other hand, have been given the gift to always be positive and happy.

Hanru: So in your happiness, are you ever tempted by evil?

Charlie: Evil? (Giggles) What do you mean evil?

Hanru: Like… Um… do you ever have urges of doing bad things or have you ever been through morally conflicting situations which force you to do things you don’t want to do or do things that might hurt someone?

Charlie: No not at all. I know the difference between wrong and right and I always choose to do the right thing.

Hanru: What if you needed to do something bad in order to make yourself feel complete as a person?

Charlie: No happiness is worth obtaining if the cost is hurting people around you. That’s just how I feel about it.

Man: (Waves) Hey, sweetheart, could I get another refill over here?

Charlie: (Says with a charming smile) Coming right up, sir! (Turns to Hanru) I’ve gotta get back to my shift now, but I can tell you’re battling with yourself. If you know in your heart that something’s wrong, then don’t fight yourself to do the wrong thing. You know it’s wrong. So… (Places her hand on Hanru’s) Have faith in yourself and what your heart tells you. Not only in love but in life as well. Don’t question yourself about it, just have faith and know that everything will work out in the end, and if things don’t work out in the end, hey… at least you know you tried, and had the guts to take the risk.

Hanru: Thank you…

Charlie: (Pats Hanru’s hand) No problem; you are very welcome. Now please excuse me while I finish my shift, and when I get off work, I’m gonna quit and drive us to Miami. Sound like a plan?

Hanru: It does actually. Thank you again.

Charlie: Don’t mention it. (Winks and walks away)

(Both Velma and Judy walk into the diner and both sit beside Hanru.)

Judy: Hey there, cutie.

Velma: Okay, Judy, none of that. You’re still too young for guys.

Judy: Bit I’m 27 years old.

Velma: You’re 26!

Judy: I just had a birthday, remember?

Velma: Yea that’s right. Sorry, I just always picture you a year younger than you already are. So anyway! Kid! We’re cool now! I talked to my sisters and they have been locked in this guy’s basement for a few days.

Hanru: LJ, right?

Velma: (Slaps her hand on the table) Yep, yep, you got it! That was his name. So anyway, I explained the whole misunderstanding and my sisters and they have agreed to leave you alone. LJ worked in your favor of course because he explained how people’s lives tend to get really messed up when getting involved with you. My sisters have decided to leave you all alone, but unfortunately for Janie, she’s still wanted by the police for poisoning your uncle. She didn’t really poison him with a lot, but cops get so but hurt when you go after their “piglet buddies”, so whatever! Anyway, I want you to come with my sister and I to Miami. Once we drop you off, we promise not to hurt you or anyone you care about anymore.

Hanru: Thanks, but I have my own ride. And unlike you two, I actually have no reasons to not trust her.

Velma: (Nods) That’s fair, kid. (Pats him on the shoulder. You take care now.

Hanru: You too. You as well.

(Both Velma and Judy leave out the door and Charlie returns back to him.)

Charlie: Who were those girls?

Hanru: Groupies. (Chuckle) I have my own fan base.

Charlie: Those groupies offered you a ride home. I say you should take it.

Hanru: (Looks down at the table) Sometimes you gotta take risks, huh?

Charlie: And follow your heart.

Hanru: Do I have the guts to trust them?

Charlie: I believe you do.

Hanru: You own me a burger one of these days, Ms. Charlie.

Charlie: (Chuckles) Deal.

(They both shake hands. Moments later, Hanru walks outside into the dirt parking lot and sees Velma and Judy horse playing by the car. He walks up to them.)

Judy: Come on, sister, give me a turn to drive!

Velma: No, you don’t even have your license.

Judy: But we’re in the middle of a desert! I can’t hurt anybody just please let me drive!

Hanru: Hey. As crazy as it sounds; I’m trusting you not to kill me; so let’s hit the road!

Velma: You’re crazy for trusting us you know. But crazy is the reason why I like you. (Smiles) Let’s hit the road!

TO BE CONTINUED…