Status: Active

Hanru Sazuki

Hanru Sazuki Volume One Chapter Three: Feelings (Spring 2009)

Previously...

Hanru is a young boy who has lost his way in life, and is now trying to find it. He recently decided to help out a bully named Casey, after Casey's uncle was shot. Hanru and his two friends assisted Hanru into pursuing the killer. While investigating, Hanru meet some very interesting people. A very sweet woman who goes by the name of Meukie. Meukie is a prostitute, but she is also a good person. A man named LJ was also found. He seems to run an ordinary barbershop, but underneath the building is a secret nightclub. Hanru and his friends worked with LJ to help find this killer. LJ agreed to help because of the business him and Casey's uncle shared. It was later revealed that Casey's uncle was killed by his partner Jason. Jason puzzled Hanru's mind by telling him of the bullet that was used to kill Ross. Hanru realizes that he must now investigate more and find the bullet. Jason also spoke of a plan. Hanru has gotten involved in something very bad. Hanru later investigated the murder of a young boy named Joseph Richards. In the process, he meet a teenage girl named Sissy and her boyfriend Travis. The two of them were lost in their lives as well. Travis even killed his own friend Joseph. Travis was never caught. Another man confessed to the murder; although he didn't do it. The police never found out about Travis or Sissy. Travis moved away, and Sissy was left to deal with the death of her best friend Joey alone. She is now more lost than ever. She cheated on her boyfriend Travis with their best friend Joey. Travis killed Joey through the feeling of being betrayed by his best friend.

(It is very bright and sunny outside. Everyone seems to be having to be wonderful day. Neighbors are watering their grass, walking their dogs and joking with their spouses. Hanru enjoys the sight as he gazes out the living room window. Lawrence is lying down on the couch watching Spongebob. He's eating Doritos. As Lawrence and Hanru engage in conversation, Hanru can't help but to stare outside the window. Lawrence's eyes are glues to the T.V.)

Lawrence: Hey, bro, you got any plans tonight?

Hanru: I don't know, why?

Lawrence: What about tomorrow night?

Hanru: Why does it matter?

Lawrence: Look, I have a date with this chick...

Hanru: Are you sure she's a chick?

Lawrence: Hey, I'm not gonna make the same mistake a third time alright. I checked her out. She's 100% chick.

Hanru: I guess.

Lawrence: (Sarcasm) L-O-L, very funny. (Serious) Anyway, this chick I'm going out with has a little sister about your age. She's chubby so not many people want to date her. I figured since you accept everyone for who they are and you don't judge, you could go out with her.

Hanru: You know I hate dating, Lawrence. No.

Lawrence: Come on. She really wants to go out with someone. You'll be doing her and me a huge favor.

Hanru: Why you?

Lawrence: Cause if all goes well, I'll get laid by her big sister.

Hanru: I don't mean to be a cock-blocker; but no. You're just gonna have to find someone else.

Lawrence: Who else do you know would go out with a fat chick.

Hanru: (Sighs) Try using a different word other than fat. And try asking Lee. He'll go out with anyone.

Lawrence: See, here's the thing... I kinda already said you would do it.

Hanru: (Takes deep breath and turns around to look at Lawrence) You know I hate that. I hate it when people volunteer me for stuff they know I'll say no to.

Larwence: So is that a yes?

Hanru: I have a girlfriend.

Lawrence: Sooo... yes?

Hanru: No!

Lawrence: You don't even like her, and it's only for one night. After the date's over, you don't have to speak to her ever again. Hey, maybe Holly will see you on a date with another chick and break up with you. That way, everyone's happy.

Hanru: Fine, I'll go. But only to make her sister happy, nothing else. I don't care if Holly sees me with her or not. Whatever happens, happens.

Lawrence: You're the man, man!

Hanru: Right... You know what... I'm going out. I'm going to talk to that girl I meet the other day.

Lawrence: Sissy?

Hanru: Yeah. I'm just curious to meet a girl like me is all.

Lawrence: Fine, but be careful. She was the girlfriend of a serial killer. No telling what other secrets will be revealed, once you get to know her.

Hanru: (Smiles and looks back out the window) That's exactly what I want to learn about her.

[Police Station]

(Leo is working hard at his desk, when Justin walks up to him.)

Justin: Yo.

Leo: I'm a little busy here. Go bother someone else?

Justin: (Joking) I'd much rather bother you.

Leo: (Looks at Justin with an annoyed look.) Really?

Justin: No I'm kidding. I'm joshing you. (Chuckles) Anyway I've got something I think you would very much enjoy.

Leo: And what might that be?

Justin: We found out that Angelo Armejo owns a cabin in the middle of a forest.

Leo: Angelo Armejo... the one who assaulted Deveux in the grocery store with a pack of bread?

Justin: Yep.

Leo: (Surprised) It's been weeks now and we haven't been able to find anything. How were you able to find information?

Justin: Background check, yo.

Leo: Really? What else did you get?

Justin: The cabin he owns has always been passed down to the son of the previous owner. So the cabin's been around for awhile.

Leo: I see. We should probably check this out now.

(Leo gets up in a hurry and walks straight to the Lieutenant's office. Justin stops him.)

Justin: Hey wait! (Leo turns to Justin.) You said we. Does that mean I'm finally going with you?

Leo: No, sorry. I meant me and Ada.

(Leo walks away. Justin has a small disappointing look on his face. Justin shrugs his shoulders and puts his headphones in his ears. He then walks away. Leo walks into the Lieutenant's office and closes the door. Lieutenant Jennifer Lin is a woman who works hard to get what she wants. She can be mean and strict most of the time, but she sometimes has a nice side to her. She has long hair that she keeps wrapped up in a ponytail most of the time.)

Leo: Hello, Lieutenant Lin.

Lin: I'm surprised to see you in here. What is it?

Leo: I was wondering if my partner and I could have your permission to investigate the cabin of Angelo Armejo?

Lin: You are assigned to the case; of course you can.

Leo: ... Right... Right. Do you think it'll be okay if we investigate now?

Lin: That's your choice. Now if you would excuse me, I've got work to do.

Leo: Yes, Ma'am.

[Sissy's home]

(Hanru looks around the neighborhood and sees how different it is from his. He walks to Sissy's front door and rings the doorbell. He patiently waits for her to answer.)

Hanru: (Thinking) I live in a technically considered suburban neighborhood, she lives in what most would call the ghetto. I wonder how different we are from each other. I hope not too different.

(Sissy opens the door with hesitation. She looks nervous about something, yet a tiny bit mad. She peaks her head out of the window and does not show any part of her body.)

Sissy: Why are you here?

Hanru: Cecile, can I call you Cecile?

Cecile: That's fine.

Hanru: So... I was wondering... If you would like to hang out sometime...? I mean, I don't mean to just throw that out there, but... You just lost your best friend and your boyfriend. Two people who you loved and kept close to your heart.

Cecile: I didn't love them. I mean I thought I did... But... I don't.

Hanru: You can't love them, can you? You tried to make yourself believe you could, but really, you feel you can't love anyone.

Cecile: Why does it matter to you what I can and can't feel?

Hanru: Because I'm like you. I feel like I can't care for anyone... Yet I'd do anything to make others happy.

Cecile: Personally, I don't care about the happiness of others. So... What? You think you can come to my door and tell me nice things to make me jump in your arms? That's a little cliche don't you think?

Hanru: Look, I'm interested in dating you. You lost your boyfriend and best friend. You're parents are out of town. You are all alone. You need someone to talk to. I'm here for you.

Cecile: Please do not bother me again. If I see you anywhere near my house again, I will call the police and let them handle the situation.

Hanru: If you need to talk, go to LJ's barbershop downtown. Talk to LJ and ask for me. Ask for Hanru.

Cecile: (Says in slightly whimpering shivery voice) Please leave now. (Coughs)

Hanru: You okay?

Cecile: (Defensive) I'm fine, just leave me alone!

(Cecile begins feeling light headed. She almost passes out, but catches herself.)

Hanru: You need help.

(Cecile passes out and hits the floor. Hanru runs into her house. As she lies unconscious behind the door, Hanru sees blood all over the floor and on the big towel she had pressed against her stomach. Hanru doesn't know what to do. He begins to panic.)

Hanru: (Thinking) She cut her own wrist. She must have cut too deep! She must have known she would lose this much blood! (Closes door then looks around the living room.) Where's the phone?! Wait a minute.

(Hanru searches Cecile's pockets for her cell phone. He finds it within seconds. He stares at the phone for a few seconds and thinks.)

Hanru: (Thinking) I need to help her as much as I can before calling the paramedics.

(10 minutes later, Cecile wakes up on her living room couch. She feels very weak and exhausted. Hanru is in her kitchen wiping blood off the floor. He hears Cecile moan when she wakes up. He puts the mop on the side of her refrigerator and walks up to her. He kneels down right beside her. He is calm.)

Cecile: I thought I told you to leave.

Hanru: Yeah well, I thought you were gonna die. It's amazing how things workout, isn't it? (Cecile says nothing) I'm just glad I got here when I did. It would've been awful if you died by suicide.

Cecile: What are you talking about, I didn't try to commit suicide.

Hanru: Your wrist was bleeding.

Cecile: Look, I live in a very dangerous neighborhood, okay. I was confronted by some muggers. (Coughs) They were trying to rob me and I just ran away. They caught me and accidentally sliced my wrist when I was struggling to get them off me. After they cut me they ran.

Hanru: You didn't call the police.

Cecile: Why don't you figure it out since you're so smart?

Hanru: I'm guessing you didn't call the police because you're a loner. You've been all alone your whole life. Mentally, your first reaction is to do all you can to help yourself.

Cecile: (Whispers) Yeah. Yeah you're right. (Clears throat and talks normal) That is why. Did you do anything to me. Like, when I passed out? Did you touch my boob or...

Hanru: No! No, no. I didn't. Trust me, I'm not that kind of guy.

Cecile: Seriously, It's cool if you did. I mean you saved my life, I can let something like touching my boob slide.

Hanru: I didn't. If I did, I would've told you already. I'm an honest person... Most of the time. I mean I'm not perfect.

Cecile: Who is?

Hanru: Yeah. You've got a point there.

(Moment of silents. Hanru and Cecile seem to have something between them, but they try to ignore it.)

Hanru: So... I didn't call the paramedics cause I thought you should be the one to make that decision.

Cecile: So you did all you could to help me, till I woke up. That must be why my wrist is so cold and bandaged.

Hanru: Yeah.

Cecile: Thank you. I honestly would hate to go to the emergency room and be questioned by my uncle. (Smiles)

(Cecile warms up to Hanru and smiles at him while she acts a bit friendly.)

Hanru: (Smiles back for a second) I've done all I can for you right now, Cecile. I have to go. I have to talk to my friend Casey.

Cecile: Who's Casey?

Hanru: ... He's a friend of mine. I kinda helped him figure out who shot and killed his uncle. So yeah.

Cecile: So this sounds like a great adventure. You should tell me all about it.

Hanru: I actually need to go.

Cecile: Come on, just tell me. I really want to know.

Hanru: (Thinking) She's acting friendly, she's smiling. I'm guessing she doesn't want me to leave. She's all alone here in this house. She has no one to talk to. Then again, neither do I. I can tell people about me and my problems... But they'll never understand. So should I stay here and talk, or should I go?

Cecile: So... Are you gonna tell me?

Hanru: I have to go, Cecile. I'm sorry. I have things to do.

Cecile: Let me come with you. I mean, I'm alone here. And what if I pass out again? It's not safe for me to be here alone.

Hanru: (Grabs Cecile's hand) I will talk to you again tomorrow, Cecile. I'm really sorry, but I have to go. When I see you again, I will tell you about my adventure with Casey, okay.

Cecile: (Sad) Fine. I guess I'll see you tomorrow. When should I expect you? Or wait... Are you like me? Do you not like to plan, you just... Flow with things.

Hanru: (Smiles) I flow.

Hanru: (Thinking) Lee and Mamimi are my friends, but they don't need to know about Cecile. One thing about me is I'm good at hiding how I truly feel.

[Casey's house]

(Hanru and his friends are in front of Casey's home. The three of them exit Mimi's SUV and close the doors behind them. They walk up to Casey's front door.)

Mimi: So, do you really think Casey could help you out?

Hanru: I'm not entirely sure. But he's the only one who could help me right now.

Mimi: Really? So how do you suppose he'll help you?

Hanru: Well. Casey stayed with his uncle the whole time he was in the hospital. It's possible that Casey talked to the doctor that was treating his uncle. Well... trying to treat him anyway. That doctor may be the one that removed the bullet from Ross' chest. I need to speak with that doctor.

Mimi: You're really serious about this. You're really trying to help find the cause of this man's death.

Hanru: Well I know how it feels to not know.

Mimi: Why do you say that?

Hanru: Well. You know how I always kept my past a secret from you guys?

Mimi: Yeah.

Hanru: It's because... I don't know my past. The earliest thing in my life I remember, was when I first moved in with my uncle Leo when I was 7. I don't remember anything before that. Every second of everyday, I try to remember. But my memories constantly get away from me.

Lee: You know, I think they have hypnotists who can help you with that, man.

Hanru: Maybe, but my uncle doesn't want me to know my past. Asking him for money is out of the question. I don't have a job, so how am I suppose to pay for one anyway?

Lee: This is just a thought, but maybe you can make being a kid detective your profession. You can get payed to solve crimes for people.

Hanru: I thought you were against me being a detective?

Lee: Hey, I'm just tossing ideas around.

Hanru: Well thanks, Lee, but I believe when the time is right, I'll remember everything.

(Moments later, Casey opens the door. He is in a muscle shirt and boxers. He is eating Strawberry ice cream mixed with Vanilla out of the container. He gets excited when he sees Hanru.)

Casey: Hey, man! How's it goin'? (Hugs Hanru with friendly excitement.)

Hanru: It's goin' good... I guess.

Casey: (Stops hugging) Well that's great man. Hey, you want to come inside for a drink or something?

Hanru: Sure.

(The four of them walk in and Lee closes the door.)

Casey: (Walks to the kitchen) I uh... I have some tea if you're interested. Its Arizona Tea. My grandma doesn't let anyone other then her drink it. But I think she'll make an exception if it's for a guest.

Lee: Really?

Casey: No. She'll probably kill me if she finds out.

Hanru: Really?

Casey: Hey, man. You're a guess. It's cool.

Hanru: Alright then. I guess I'll take a glass.

Casey: Coming right up.

Hanru: Thank you, Casey.

Casey: (Preparing a cup of Tea) So what brings you suburban kids here?

Hanru: I was hoping to ask you some questions. If that's okay?

Casey: Sure, it's cool, man. (Walks up to Hanru and hands him the glass of tea.) So what's up?

Hanru: Well...

Casey: Hold that thought. Would any of you like something?

Mimi: No thank you, Casey.

Casey: Okay... You?

Lee: Uh... Yeah, sure. I would love some tea.

Casey: I was trying to make a nice offer. You can't have any tea.

Lee: What? Why can Hanru have tea, but not me?

Casey: Because unlike you, he's cool. And I've always had the hots for Mimi, which is why I offered her.

Mimi: (Creeped out) Okay...

(Hanru roles his eyes when no one sees him.)

Casey: (Says in a awful sexy voice) Come on, Mimi. You sure you don't want some iced to cool yourself off? Cause you are lookin' so hot today.

Mimi: Yeah I know, it's like 103 degrees today.

(Minutes later, all four of them are sitting at the coffee table in the living room.)

Casey: So this is about my uncle, huh? What do you wish to know about him?

Hanru: I just need to know about the doctor who removed the bullet from his chest after he got shot. Did you by any chance speak with this doctor?

Casey: The doctor I talked to told me there wasn't a bullet to be found. But he tried his best to keep him from dying.

Lee: So the bullet must have went through.

Hanru: Maybe. By any chance, did you happen to catch the doctor's name?

Casey: Yeah. I saw it on his name tag. He kept crossing his arms. It was like he was trying to hide his name tag from me. In my uncle's room, there's a mirror on the door. When he was leaving the room I got a glimpse of his name. I only remember the first name. It was Allen.

Hanru: Allen. Alright, that's all the information we need right now.

Casey: Glad I could help.

Hanru: I'm sorry about this, Casey. Showing up to your doorstep, reminding you of your uncle. I'm really sorry.

Casey: No, no, no, It's cool. I need to let it all out. I can't cry over this my whole life. You know death is a strange thing when you're dealing with it. You sometimes think to yourself. You only live once. Once someone you love leaves you behind in this cold cruel world, you begin to realize that you will never see that loved one ever again. It's one thing to say it, but it's another to understand it and actually feel it.

Hanru: I understand how you feel. I don't know how, but... I just know.

Casey: It's a horrible feeling... isn't it?

Hanru: It's scary. It makes you think about how short life really is.

Casey: Death is a lot of things... It's apart of life.

[Forest]

(Leo and Ada are are in the forest where Angelo's cabin is. They get out of the car and look around.)

Ada: Forests really creep me out. I don't know it's probably the theme of it. It's like at anytime someone can just shoot you from the trees, or a spider can jump out of nowhere and bite you. Not to mention the animals that live here like, snakes, bears...

Leo: Would you shut up?

Ada: (Sounds like she's talking to a baby) Aw someone's grumpy today. (Sounds normal)

Leo: We'll have to walk through the forest to find the cabin. We can't just drive through.

Ada: So should we split up or stay together?

Leo: I guess stay together, but don't talk.

Ada: (Chuckles) Okay, I'll try not to.

(Somewhere, in a small dark room, The German, the Maid and Angelo are watching Ada and Leo through a computer monitor. They are watching the two of them through a camera hidden in the trees.)

German: Angelo. How do you suppose we... Deal with this situation?

Angelo: Be patient, Mr. Lally. There really is no need to be upset.

Maid: Well isn't this something. Those are the same cops who chased us about three weeks ago.

Angelo: These were the same cops?

Lally: Yes, I'd recognize their faces anywhere.

Angelo: Explain to me what happened again.

Maid: Well, I was of course doing my job. I was cleaning. But I was waiting for you. I didn't know the location of your cabin, so I was waiting for you to get me. I guess you sent the German here, and he must have seen the police going into the house.

German: I couldn't risk them searching the house and finding something that didn't concern them. So I pretended to kidnap her. I had no time for a plan, I just did the first thing that came to mind.

Angelo: These cops could get in the way. We should deal with them now.

Maid: I agree.

German: I'll get my sniper. This should be most fun.

Angelo: Wait. You couldn't risk the police searching my home, so you crashed through it?

German: Not my best plan.

Angelo: Obviously.

[Hospital]

(Hanru and his friends walk up to the receptionist at the hospital. The receptionist is a woman who seems to be bored and chews gum a lot.)

Hanru: Excuse me, ma'am.

Receptionist: Yes, how may I help you?

Hanru: We're looking for a doctor. He goes by the name of Allen. I think that's his last name. We don't know his first name.

Receptionist: (Boring) What is your reason for finding this doctor?

Mimi: Well, he gave my sister a great Hand job. And I was hoping I can get one too. But only from the best. That's... Doctor Allen.Wait, no. I mean nose job, not hand job. I've been hanging around Lee for too long.

Receptionist: Personally I think that's a great idea. You look in need of a nose fix. Please hold while I check the computer.

(Mamimi covers her nose and looks around nervously. The receptionist Types on the computer for about 10 seconds.)

Receptionist: Well according to our computer, we have three doctor Allens. We have Sanchez, Carter and Elicio.

Mimi: Should we each split up and go after one?

Hanru: I guess.

Lee: I'm game.

Mimi: Okay. Thank you so much.

Receptionist: Whatever. (Pops bubble gum)

(The three of them are walking down the hall.)

Mimi: Asking her where their offices are would of made it much easier to find them. But finding them ourselves is much more fun I suppose.

Hanru: I guess we just forgot to ask.

Lee: Alright, I'm going for Carter.

Mimi: I got Sanchez.

Hanru: Guess I'm going after Elicio. I'll check the first floor. If I see one of your doctors, I'll text you.

Lee: Beuno, my home doggs. I guess I'll check floor tres.

Mimi: I'm headed to the second floor. I'm taking the stairs. It's good exercise.

Lee: I'm taking the elevator, because I'm lazy, and also, by doing so, breaks the Lee code.

Hanru: Hey, we should probably see what they look like first.

Lee: Or we could have fun and ask around.

Mimi: If this guy finds out people are looking for him, he might try to avoid us.

Hanru: Right. That'll raise suspicion.

Mimi: Should we just take the chance?

Hanru: I suppose we should. Hopefully things go well.

(The three go their separate ways.)

[Hospital parking lot]

(Tsuki, Holly and Bruce have just got out of the car and they are now going inside the hospital.)

Bruce: I like your little boyfriend,sweetie. He seems like a pretty decent guy. But you, Tsuki. You're another story.

Tsuki: What can I say; I like bad boys.

Bruce: Your mother was the same way. May she rest in peace.

Holly: Hey, dad. Let's not think about mom right now. Grandma is sick. so we should focus on trying to make peace with her.

Tsuki: Yeah you know how much of a pain she is.

Bruce: Hey.

Tsuki: Come on, dad. You know it's true.

Bruce: Yeah. I do, but don't say stuff like that about your grandmother. Especially when she's on her death bed.

(Holly, Tsuki and Bruce go to the receptionist. Holly sees Hanru walking around.)

Holly: Hey. Isn't that Hanru?

Tsuki: Well look at that. It is him.

Holly: He told me he was too busy to hang out with me today.

Bruce: You should go handle your business, baby girl.

Holly: (Says in sweet voice) Thank you, daddy.

(Holly walks up from behind Hanru and taps him on the shoulder. Hanru turns around. He gets nervous. Holly has a very serious face.)

Hanru: (Stammering) Holly... What are you doing here?

Holly: I think I should be asking you that question. I asked you if you wanted to spend some time together and you told me you were too busy. Explain.

Hanru: ... I... Love your hair today. It's beautiful. But not as beautiful as your face.

Holly: Well thank you. Now explain.

Hanru: Well your hair is as bright and blonde as golden flakes of dust...

Holly: No, explain why you're here.

Hanru: (Gets serious) You want the truth?

Holly: Yes, Hanru, I want the truth.

Hanru: ... Well. When you asked me to hang out with you, I was busy helping Lawrence out.

Holly: Your brother?

Hanru: Yeah. But you know what a nice guy he is. after a few minutes he told me to go on and spend time with you. I remembered that every Saturday you visit your grandmother here in the hospital. So I just decided to meet you here.

Holly: And that's the truth? Hanru, that is the truth, right?

Hanru: Okay, no. I can't lie to you. I hate lying. Okay, Holly. I've been keeping a secret from you for awhile now. And I'm sorry.

Holly: Is that why you've been acting so weird lately. For the past couple weeks I've been worried about losing you. I felt like our relationship was slowly slipping away. I thought that it was my fault. I thought I was doing something wrong to push you away.

Hanru: No, no, It's not you. It's just me. Something new has just happened in my life. And I'm worried about you. I'm worried that I might mess something up and someone might do something to you to get back at me. I'm sorry if I haven't been paying you any attention. But it's because I care about you. I just have some personal issues to work out. That's all.

Holly: I care about you and I want to help you, Hanru. But you have to be honest with me if that's ever going to happen.

Hanru: When the time is right, I'll tell you everything. But right now, I need to find somebody.

Holly: Okay. You should go then. I'll see you around?

Hanru: You'll see me soon. I promise.

Holly: Okay. (Walks back to Tsuki and Bruce)

Bruce: So how did it go?

Holly: It went well. Lately we've been distant, but I think things will work out.

Bruce: Good, I like that kid.

[Meukie, street corner]

(Meukie is standing at a corner when a woman walks past her. Meukie looks at the woman like if she knows her. Meukie approaches the woman and taps her on the shoulder.)

Meukie: Lauren? Lauren, is that you?

Sarah: (Stops and turns around) Do I know you?

Meukie: I go by Meukie now, but the two of us have a past together.

Sarah: Meukie! It's been so long. how are you doing? (Both hug)

Meukie: Oh you know. Same ole same ole. (Giggles)

Sarah: I go by Sarah now.

Meukie: You changed your name; same as me I see.

Sarah: You're still prostituting after all these years?

Meukie: Yep. Since I was 16.

Sarah: You mean 9.

Meukie: Alright Fine. Since I was 9.

Sarah: How old are you now?

Meukie: I'm 17.

Sarah: You don't look anywhere close to 17.

Meukie: Well I don't really put much make-up on. So I look much older than what I really am.

Sarah: If you say so. But hey, I should really get going I have to work too.

Meukie: What do you do?

Sarah: I do what you do. But It's not as public. You know I never finished school and it's the only thing I can think of doing right now to where I can watch my son. I'm scared for him, you know?

(Meukie's face goes into a slit depression and she looks down for a quick second. She brings her head up and looks normal again.)

Meukie: You should get back to your son. Give me your number and I'll call you some time. The last time we saw each other we were 9 years old.

Sarah: Sure. You got a pen?

Meukie: Yeah hold on.

(Meukie searches her pockets for a pen.)

Sarah: Tell me the truth. You're not really 17.

Meukie: No. I'm 27. And if you were wondering, I've been doing my job since before I meet you.

Sarah: But we were kidnapped together. We were both forced to sell our bodies at the age of 9.

Meukie: I know that, Sarah. But what that man didn't know was that I was already doing that.

Sarah: What!? How long?

Meukie: Since I can remember. I remember after school when my father would sometimes pick me up. I was in first grade. My father would sometimes talk to random teachers. Guy teachers. They would give him money and he would give them me. My father was a horrible person.

Sarah: So the man that kidnapped us and those other girls...Was he your father?

Meukie: No. No, my father disappeared on me one night. He never came back. I'm glad.

Sarah: What a horrible story.

Meukie: I've been through so much in my life. I've never really had a real friend. The only friends I ever had were the girls who were kidnapped. But they're all gone. Some were murdered, some committed suicide and others just disappeared.

Sarah: There were 11 of us. Who do you think is still alive?

Meukie: You, me... And maybe 2 others.

Sarah: We should stay together. We only have each other.

Meukie: Well there is a boy I know. He's a sweet kid.

Sarah: I see.

(An awkward moment of silents)

Meukie: So you needed a pen. Hold on I'll get one.

[Forest]

(Leo and Ada are walking through the forest.)

Ada: Well focus, Leo. There has to be some clue is to where the cabin is. Think: What if you were Angelo? If you were him, where would you think to hide a private family cabin?

Leo: A place that has some distant to the river, so no one could find it by following it. A place that's surrounded by a lot of trees, so that not even a chopper could find it.

Ada: Exactly.

Leo: So what, that's it? That's not much of a lead, Ada.

(Leo hears the sound of someone stepping in leaves from a far away distance. He stands still and begins to look around very carefully.)

Ada: What is it?

Leo: Did you hear that?

Ada: Hear what?

Leo: (Looks behind Ada and sees a sniper getting ready to shoot) Get down!

(Leo grabs Ada and the both of them tumble to the ground. The sniper bullet misses both of them. Leo and Ada run away. They eventually get back to the car after a long run. No shots have been fired at them until they get to the car. The sniper fires three shots at Leo. All three bullets hit the car.)

Leo: He's not after you, he's after me! Take the car and go!

Ada: No! I can't just leave you here to die!

Leo: Don't worry, I'll be fine, just go!

(Ada hesitates to leave Leo, but she gets in the car anyway. Leo gives her the keys. Leo runs through the forest and Ada drives off. The German is seen running after Leo. The German stops and points the sniper at Leo while Leo is running. Ada charges full speed at The German with the car. The German jumps out of the way on time and shoots the back tire of the car. Ada jumps out of the car and the car crashes into a tree. The German walks up to Ada, points the sniper at her head and pulls the trigger. The gun ran out of bullets. Ada quickly grabs the gun with both hands and begins to pull. The German pulls and Ada lets go. The gun then hits The German in the jaw, making him bite his tongue. German begins to scream. Ada grabs the gun and hits German in the face with it. The German falls to the ground unconscious. Leo runs towards Ada.)

Leo: Ada!

(Leo and Ada hug each other. Leo's back is faced toward The German's body. The German opens his eyes and pulls out a handgun. He stands up and Aims the gun at Leo. Ada turns Leo around and when German shoots, Ada takes the bullet in the back. Leo quickly pulls his handgun out. As he's doing this, Ada gets shot two more times. Leo then shoots German in the neck. He falls to the ground and dies instantly. Leo slowly brings Ada down to the ground as he holds her. She seems to be dead.)

[Police station, Erika's lab]

(Erika is in her lab doing research, when Justin walks in. Erika is focusing hard on her work and looks to be angry about something. The only light in the room comes from her work space and the monitor from her computer. Justin walks in and closes the door. Erika ignores his entrance.)

Justin: Hey.

Erika: Hey.

Justin: Whatch up to?.

Erika: Work. It's apart of my job.

Justin: Yeah. So do you mind telling me what's bothering you?

Erika: I know all about that cabin. I even know its location.

Justin: Why didn't you tell me that when I went to talk to Leo? I could of told him the location to save some time.

Erika: Because. Everyone around here acts like Leo's the greatest detective in the world. If he's so smart, let him figure It out himself.

Justin: How do you even know about It?

Erika: It's not important, Justin. Please just leave it alone.

Justin: I really want to know.

Erika: (Get upset and stops working) Fine. You want me to tell you? Fine. Me and some friends went exploring one summer. This was many years ago. I was still in high school. We found Angelo's cabin and me and my friends searched the whole thing. We found some pretty "interesting" stuff. Seems Angelo Armejo is involved with drugs and illegal weaponry. Angelo caught us sneaking around his home and he refused to let us go. My friends and I were in a game of survival. We were able to run away from the cabin, but he hunted us through the forest. I was the only one who survived. Since that day I've been a loner. That's why you never see me with any friends.

Justin: Hey... I'm your friend.

(Justin friendly rubs Erika's back. She jerks her shoulder away as soon as he does. She looks like she's about to cry.)

Erika: Don't touch me.

Justin: Sorry.

Erika: It's fine, Justin, really. (Sniffs) You should go. I have a lot of work.

Justin: Yeah. Yeah I'll let you go.

Erika: Justin. This stays between us okay.

(Justin leaves the lab without saying a word.)

[Hospital]

(Lee is talking to the receptionist at the hospital. She is a different receptionist and she's a little chubby and grumpy.)

Lee: Hi there.

Receptionist2: What do you want, kid? Can't you see I'm trying to eat my lunch here?

Lee: You sure that's a good idea?

Receptionist2: (Defensive) Oh? And why not? Are you calling me fat?

Lee: Well, truthfully... To me it looks like you have more on you than in you.

Receptionist2: (Scoffs) You little brat.

Lee: Look I'm not the one to make fun of other people for their weight. But I am honest. And in my honest opinion, you look a bit over weight. Well... More than a bit.

Receptionist2: How dare you, you little brat! How about I shove this turkey sandwich down your throat?!

Lee: I've got some meat for you to shove down your throat.

Receptionist2: You perverted freak! Now my lunch is ruined because of you!

Lee: Whoa, wait a minute, you were the one who mentioned shoving things down people's throat. I was just playing along.

Receptionist2: Your parents must be disgusted by you.

Lee: That might explain why I don't know them.

(Mimi is on the second floor talking to a male doctor. The doctor's name is Peter. Peter is a very kind and honest young doctor who has short black hair.)

Mamimi: Excuse me. I'm looking for a doctor Allen. First name Allen.

Peter: Yeah, you want to talk to the receptionist about that.

Mimi: I'm actually trying to avoid talking to her.

Peter: (Smiles) I understand; she can be a bit mean at times.

Mamimi: Well Thanks anyway.

Peter: Have a good day, miss...

Mimi: (Smiles the whole time) Mimi. My name is Mimi.

Peter: I'm Peter.

Mimi: Well hi, Peter. Nice meeting you.

Peter: (Smiles) You too. Stay in school. (Walks away)

(The doctor goes into the elevator and sees Doctor Allen in there. The two of them take the elevator to the first floor. They are the only two in there. Allen has sort of a cool chill-out, bad boy kind of personality. Allen has brown hair that's slicked back with gel.)

Peter: Hey, Allen.

Allen: Peter.

Peter: You mind telling me why some kid is looking for you? Do you have a child we don't know about?

Allen: No I don't have a kid. You must be on crack.

Peter: Well some kid was just asking for you. I told her to go to the receptionist. You better not be keeping secrets from us.

Allen: I have no clue who this girl is.

(The elevator opens and the receptionist walks by. She stops to say something to Allen.)

Receptionist2: Dr. Allen.

Allen: Hey.

Receptionist2: I just wanted to tell you about these kids that are looking for you.

Allen: So there's more than one?

Peter: (Joking) Someone has quite an interesting nightlife.

Receptionist2: Three of them in fact.

Allen: Thank you, Gladys.

(Allen cautiously goes to an ambulance outside of the hospital. He talks to a woman that's sitting on the back of it alone writing something in a notebook. Her name is Kayla. Kayla looks like a sweet girl, but really she uses her charms to get what she wants. She even has a sweet voice. But deep down she has a slightly dark personality.)

Allen: Kayla!

Kayla: (Happy) Hey, baby.

Allen: Listen, Kayla. Three kids are in the hospital looking for me. Now I don't know why they're looking for me. But It may have something to do with the murder.

Kayla: (Gets nervous) No. How could they possibly know about that? No one could of figured that out.

Allen: Like I said, I don't know why they're looking for me. Be aware Is all I'm saying.

Kayla: I'll be off from work in a few minutes. Go home. And I'll try to get their faces, alright?

Allen: Okay. (Both kiss) Love you, babe. (Walks away)

Kayla: (Says to self after Allen walks away) I'd do anything for you, my love.

(Holly is in her grandmother's room, with her sister and father. Her very sick and grumpy grandma is also there on her dying bed.)

Grandma: (Slaps a tray of Jello out of Holly's hand) I'm not eating that garbage!

Holly: (Annoyed and trying to be patient) But you asked for Jello. You yelled at me for 2 minutes strait to get you some. Now here (Picks jello off the floor) eat it!

Grandma: Lies! All lies! Get out of my face! I can't stand to look at you anymore!

Holly: (Walks up to Bruce) Okay, that's it, dad. I'm sorry, but I just can't take this anymore. I'm leaving.

Bruce: I know, I know it's hard. But she's your grandmother and you have to learn to be patient with her.

Holly: Well I've lost my patients. Maybe you can handle her, Tsuki.

Tsuki: You must be joking.

Holly: Well sorry, dad, but I can't stay in here any longer.

(Hanru walks in and closes the door.)

Grandma: Oh no, not you again!

Hanru: Do you mind if I have a word alone, with Grandma?

Bruce: Sure. But don't kill her. We have enough attempts from Tsuki. (Chuckles) Alright. Let's go, girls.

(Everyone leaves the room and Hanru sits in the chair next to Grandma. Hanru seems to be angry about something. He doesn't seem like himself.)

Grandma: Don't get too close now; I would hate to get even more sick from you, you disgusting worm. (Cough)

Hanru: I'm sorry, Camilla. I really am.

Camilla: (Sarcastic laugh) You're sorry? What's that suppose to mean? Oh I know. You're just kissing butt, so that way you could impress my granddaughter. Men, I swear. They start being jerks early now a days. All they care about is getting in girls pants.

Hanru: No. I care about you Camilla, whether or not you know that.

Camilla: Don't get snippy with me, boy! Respect your elders!

Hanru: (Sighs) ... Camilla. Why are you so angry at everybody? Why are you so angry at everything.

Camilla: Why?! I'll tell you why! Its because life sucks! When I was a little girl, I thought I was gonna live forever. I didn't know what death was! But at the age of 5, my whole changed! I lived a horrible, abusive, drug infested life! You think I'm proud of that?! Huh?! Do you? Well I'm not! I never had a life to live. I never went on a date, or road a roller coaster! My life is just a disappointment. And to top it all off I was diagnosed with lung cancer. The day my abusive father died, I was free to live my life. Shortly after he died I got lung cancer. I... I just want another chance at life. I can't believe this is how it all ends.

Hanru: No. (Holds her hand) It's not the end.You do have another chance at life. It was when you had your daughter.

Camilla: My daughter's dead.

Hanru: I know that. But she had a daughter. She had two. Holly and Tsuki. If it wasn't for you, they would not be here right now. So in a way you gave them life. They're your second chance. You love them, don't you?

Camilla: Yes with all my heart. But it's just so hard. I'm afraid that they might look at me as a role model. But what do they have to look up to? Failure. I don't want them to fail in life. I want them to succeed.

Hanru: And they can. But only if you let them know what you expect of them. No one can survive in this world alone. We all need help. And you helping them will bring them closer to Success. Not failure.

Camilla: You're just a kid. You don't understand my pain.

Hanru: Maybe I do, maybe I don't. But I'm right. And you know I'm right.

Camilla: That you are. Before you leave, promise me something. Promise me that you will take care of my daughters. Protect them from the dangers of this world.

Hanru: I promise. But you have to promise me something.

Camilla: What's that?

Hanru: I understand you lived a hard life. But I want you to find peace, when you are dead. I only know one way that can happen.

Camilla: Let me guess: A bible. My daughter begged me to read one of those and pray. Every time she came to visit me, she would read a couple of verses to me. All she talked about in life was that book, and the wonderful knowledge it possessed. But I guess I can do that. But you have to get me a bible.

Hanru: Deal. You keep your promise and I'll keep mine. Okay?

(Camilla Shakes head yes and coughs)

Hanru: (Thinking) I'm not much of a religious person, but if I were to ever have a religion, it would be Christian. Christian people are always so happy. And I want Camilla to be happy when she dies.

(Hours later, Lee, Mamimi and Hanru are leaving the hospital. Leo comes rushing in with a man and a woman behind him and Ada in his arms.It is now night time.)

Leo: Help! Someone! We need help!

(Kayla is sitting in her ambulance still. She wakes up to the sound of Leo yelling. She wipes drool off her face and gets up in a hurry. She wipes her eyes for a few seconds, then looks over at the entrance of the hospital. Hanru his friends are walking out of the hospital and are walking through the parking lot.

Lee: Hey. Was that your uncle, man?

Hanru: It was him. And I think that was Ada he was carrying.

(Kayla walks up to them and pretends to be happy and friendly.)

Kayla: Hey, do any of you kids no where I can find Dr. Allen Elicio? He's my... Boyfriend.

Lee: No, we don't sorry. We've been looking for him for hours. No one knows where he is.

Kayla: Well, thanks anyway. I'm Kayla by the way. (Reaches out for handshake. Hanru notices something on her hand.)

Mimi: Mamimi. (Shakes hand)

Hanru: Now hold on. We don't know you. We can't just give out our names like that.

Kayla: I've told you my name; don't you think it's far you tell me yours?

Hanru: Telling us your name was your choice. We didn't make a name exchanging deal.

Kayla: I understand. Well you kids have a good day now. Bye. (Smiles and walks away)

Mamimi: Bye. Don't you think that was kinda rude, Hanru?

Hanru: No.You heard what she said, right?

Mamimi: What?

Hanru: Allen's her boyfriend. It's possible they live together. If we follow her to her house, we might find out where Allen lives.

Mamimi: We should get going.

Lee: You two go ahead. Wait in the car. I'll find out which car is hers. When she gets into her car, I'll call you and tell you which one is hers.

Mamimi: Alright. Be careful.

Lee: I will.

[Ten Minutes later]

(Hanru and Mamimi are in Mimi's car across the street from the house they followed Kayla to. They're looking at the house.)

Mamimi: It's already 10:00. We should probably be heading back now.

Hanru: Not yet. We have to wait until she goes to sleep.

Mamimi: And then what? We go inside and search the house? She's still in there, Hanru.

Hanru: I know, but we have to wait. Allen could live here. This is a suburban neighborhood. They must have a neighborhood watch. Breaking into it is too risky. If we wait, we might see Allen going into the house.

Mamimi: Even if we do see him It won't prove anything. He could just be spending the night or visiting.

Hanru: When she reached out and shook your hand, there was a wedding ring shape on the skin of her finger. She took it off so that we wouldn't know she was married. She's obviously married. When she told us Allen was her boyfriend, she hesitated for second.

Mamimi: So she was lying?

Hanru: I know she was lying.

Mamimi: So what does that mean exactly?

Hanru: If she's married, that means she has a husband that lives with her. I've only seen one shadow pass through these windows since she got home. Her husband should have greeted her at the front door. And at least one light should have been on when she got here.

Mamimi: So he's not here? So that's who we're waiting for. But r wait. What if her husband's just sleeping?

Hanru: When she pulled into the garage, there was only one vehicle: Hers. Judging by her activities throughout the house, no one else is there. She spends most of her time in the bathroom. To me, it looks like she's getting ready in the mirror.

Mamimi: You can see all that through binoculars?

Hanru: Yep. I think she's getting ready for someone.

Mamimi: One more thing. How do you know she didn't just recently lose her wedding ring and the mark is still on her finger?

Hanru: When she was in her front yard getting ready to go inside her house, she reached in her pocket right away and put her wedding ring back on.

(Someone knocks on the window and points a flashlight in the window. Mimi rolls down the window.)

Mamimi: (Gets nervously) Hello, sir. How are you tonight?

Allen: What are you kids doing here at this hour?

Hanru: (Thinking) Do I know this guy? He looks familiar.

Mamimi: (Stammering) Well, me and my brother here... Wanted to sleep in the car. We're just testing the space. The vehicle's new.

Allen: Huh. Really? You mind telling me why you're spying on that woman in her house?

Mamimi: (Nervous) What? You're crazy. We're not spying.

Allen: I saw you through the windows of the car. I'm with the neighborhood watch, I know of everything that goes on around here. And I believe I've seen you around here before. I'm guessing the other times you've been here, you've been spying on that woman.

Mamimi: (Nervous) ... Well.. We're... We're looking for a house for our parents. They were thinking about- (Cutoff)

Allen: - Save it. ( Allen's cell phone gets a text. He looks at it for 2 seconds a puts the phone in his pocket.) It's time for someone else to watch. Consider this a warning. I don't want to see either of you in this neighborhood again, is that clear? Or I will get cops involved.

Mamimi: Crystal clear, sir. We'll stay away.

Allen: Good. Now the two of you have a good night now. (Walks away)

Mamimi: We will, thanks. (Rolls up window) What the heck, Han. Why didn't you jump in? Things would've been a little less awkward.

Hanru: I knew I recognized him!

Mamimi: What you know him?

Hanru: He was one of the doctors at the hospital. He was everywhere around the first floor, but I kept missing him. He might be Allen.

(Allen is down the street. someone calls his cell phone and he answers.)

Allen: Did you get a good look at em'?

Kayla: Yep. When you were distracting them by talking, I got a good look at em'. And yes, that is them. But there was a third kid.

Allen: You don't worry about him right now, babe. I know who he is. I'll handle him.

[Hanru and Mamimi in the car]

Hanru: These windows are tinted, it's impossible for anyone to see in here. Especially at night. We've been sitting here for at least an hour and no one bothered us. Either he was watching the car the whole time, or someone must have seen us park and told him. No. Why would they wait so long to call someone? (Thinking hard)

Mamimi: Ah, you got that look. What did you find out?

Hanru: Here's what I think. I think that was Dr. Allen. In the report of Ross' death, it said that a bullet was never found. But Jason, the guy from the club, clearly stated that there was a bullet. Apparently that bullet is special. Allen must have been somewhere close to where he was able to be chosen to do surgery on Ross and remove the bullet when he was rushed into the E.R.

Mamimi: What about all the other doctors that worked on Ross? They would of noticed.

Hanru: Ah you're right... Maybe it was the paramedic. Maybe the paramedic was close to where Ross got shot, that way they would be the first to get his body and take him to the hospital. The paramedic must have removed the bullet.

Mamimi: So Allen's not our guy?

Hanru: I'm not sure. How did he know what we were doing in the car? If that was Allen and if ''Kayla'' is a paramedic, then I think I've solved the case.

[Later that night]

(Hanru gets home. the house is pitch dark all except for the kitchen. Hanru walks into the kitchen and Lawrence is making a sandwich.)

Hanru: Nice PJ's.

Lawrence: Hey, don't dis Spongebob.

Hanru: Ai yai, Captain. (Both laugh)

Lawrence: So what are you doing here so late? Been busy makin' out with Holly?

Hanru: Unlike you, I've been doing some actual work... Kinda.

Lawrence: Hey I do work, okay.

Hanru: Doubt it.

Lawrence: I do.

Hanru: Really? Okay then. Tell me about this ''job'' you have.

Lawrence: I deliver Sandwiches.

Hanru: What kind of sandwiches?

Lawrence: Knuckle sandwiches.

Hanru: (Sarcastically) Oh that makes since.

Lawrence: I also deliver yummy sandwiches to my tummy.

(Lawrence takes bite of sandwich. He seems to very much enjoy its deliciousness.)

Lawrence: Ah, you really need to try this, bro. It's like an orgy in my mouth.

Hanru: Well, I didn't know you were sexually attracted to sandwiches. But I guess a sandwich is better than nothing.

Lawrence: At least it's better than sour cream.

Hanru: At least I don't eat it after I'm finished.

Lawrence: At least mine makes as a delicious secret ingredient in your breakfast every morning.

Hanru: Okay now that's just disgusting, man.

Lawrence: Yes it is. I win this round.

Hanru: So you do. Looks like we're tied now.

Lawrence: No way, man. I have one more than you.

Hanru: What, Nipples? Yeah you do. I forgot about your third nipple.

Lawrence: Burn! Okay we're tied. (Both laugh) So anyway. What's up with you, little brother? Why'd you get here so late?

Hanru: I'm still working on the Ross case.

Lawrence: (Gets serious) I thought you were done with that? (Takes drink of water)

Hanru: No. I decided to go all the way through with it. I think I found two others who might be connected. I don't know, I'll find out tomorrow.

Lawrence: Why don't you do some searching on uncle's computer? He won't be back till tomorrow.

[Moments later]

(Hanru is on Leo's computer)

Lawrence: The cool thing about uncle is that he has two of everything. Two laptops, two cars.

Hanru: Two nephews.

Lawrence: Exactly.

Hanru: Yep. I found it in police records. Allen Elicio was falsely accused of murder last year. It says he fit the description of the real killer. Here it says Allen's married. to Kayla Elicio. Allen works as a doctor. Now let's see Kayla's profile. Kayla Elicio: Seems the both of them have the same last name. Kayla helped protect Allen when the police were on the hunt for him. I guess they're talking about when they thought he was the killer. And what do you know. Kayla's a paramedic.

Lawrence: Read up on the case. There might be something useful.

[Seconds later]

Hanru: An ambulance was parked at a nearby Sonic when Ross Geller was shot. The paramedic's names were Greg Bell and Kayla Elicio.

[In a basement]

(In a big basement, a man is lying on a bed. He is strapped down. Allen and Kayla walk up to him wearing surgeon cloths.)

Allen: Sorry about this Greg. But you know a little too much.

Greg: (Panicking the whole time) No, man It's not like that. I swear, man I won't tell anyone.

Kayla: Sorry. But you saw me remove the bullet from Ross' chest. I can't have you going around telling anyone now.

Greg: Ah. No. Don't be like this. Please don't do this. You-- You scared me. Okay? I'm too scared to say anything now.

Kayla: Nope. Still not good enough.

Greg: Look. Why don't you just cut my tongue out, that way you'll know for sure I can't talk? Just please don't kill me, please!

Allen: You know, you have a point there.

( Allen grabs a small knife and quickly cuts Greg's tongue off. Greg begins to choke on his own blood.)

Kayla: (Pouting) Oh no. I wanted to torture him before we killed him.

Allen: Alright. Unstrap him and flip the bed over. You'll get your turn.

Kayla: (Smiles) Yay!

Allen: Don't forget about the numbers to Erika.

Kayla: Right.

[The next day]

(It is 1:00 AM. Hanru is upstairs sleeping and Lawrence is in the living room watching T.V. His cell phone vibrates next to him. He answers it.)

Lawrence: Yo?

Allen: Greg Bell is dead. We thought he could keep a secret and not tell anyone about the bullet, but things are starting to happen. Some kids were looking for me today. I didn't know them.

Lawrence: Those three kids were my brother and his two friends.

Allen: Your brother?!

Lawrence: Yeah, you remember Hanru?!

Allen: So Greg didn't tell your brother anything?

Lawrence: Nothing. My brother doesn't even know Greg Bell. You're too paranoid, man. You need to calm down.

Allen: I need to know what's going on. Why is your brother involved?!

Lawrence: Ask Jason. He's the boss.

Allen: Jason knew about this and didn't tell me?

Lawrence: Again; he's the boss, he can do whatever he wants.

Allen: (Sighs) This situation is bad, Lawrence. I kidnapped his friend. The one with the light hair. The one who was flirting with my girlfriend.

Lawrence: Right, Lee.

Allen: He's already seen my face. I was planning on killing him and the other two once I found them.

Lawrence: (Takes deep breath and looks behind him to make sure no one's there.) I'm on my way to your place, now. I have an idea. I know my brother, so I can help you out. We'll need Erika and our cop buddy.

Allen: Who's Erika?

Lawrence: Don't worry, she's not with us. But her skills will be needed if this plan is gonna work.

Allen: You were always a great planner, Lawrence, I'll give you that. But Jason left me a not. He gave me a number and it said "to Erika".

Lawrence: Seems Jason's one step ahead of both of us. I'll tell you who Erika is. But our cop friend needs to get us her phone number.

(It is now 6:38 AM. Hanru walks down stairs and sees Lawrence sitting on the couch eating breakfast, while watching the news.)

Lawrence: Its about time you woke up.

Hanru: Why are you up so early, It's 6:38?

Lawrence: Well, uncle Leo wasn't home, so there was no one here to tell me when to go to sleep.

Hanru: So, you had an opportunity to stay up for as long as you wanted to and you took it?

Lawrence: Yahtzee! You know how some people say Bingo when they're telling someone they're right?

Hanru: Yeah...

Lawrence: Well I say Yahtzee. Bingo and Yahtzee are both games. So why not say Yahtzee? I'm saying it because it sounds more cool.

Hanru: Anyway... What smells good?

Lawrence: Oh, I made breakfast this morning. I already ate mine, so yours is on the stove.

Hanru: You expect me to trust your cooking after what you said last night?

Lawrence: Ah come on, bro. You know I was just kiddin' around... Mostly. No I'm kidding.

Hanru: Okay. But If I even think I'm tasting a ''special flavor,'' I'm throwing my food at your face.

Lawrence: That's cool I guess.

Reporter on T.V: A 28 year old surgeon was found dead this morning at around 5 AM. A local neighbor claimed to have seen the body in the street while getting a glass of water and looking out their kitchen window. The victim's name was Gregory Bell.

(Hanru spits out orange juice and it gets all over Lawrence.)

Lawrence: Not cool, man!

Hanru: Greg. Greg Bell. He was one of the paramedics who was in the ambulance when Ross was shot. It's no coincidence he's dead. Someone killed him.

Lawrence: Hey, don't just jump to conclusions. Listen to the rest of the report.

[6:45 AM]

(Hanru is at Lee's front door panicking. Ming opens the door.)

Minglee: Hanru! What a nice surprise. I'm guessing Lee will be returning very soon.

Hanru: What are you talking about? Lee's not home?

Minglee: He never came home last night. I assumed he was spending the night with you.

[At the crime scene]

(Erika and Justin are at the crime scene, along with other detectives.)

Justin: You find anything?

Erika: Well. The victim was tortured. Horribly. There are scars and bruises all over his body. The scars actually came from when his body parts were being chopped up. Whoever did this took their time and they knew what they were doing. He stayed alive for a while before dying. A special type of bandage was placed on the victims tongue. Traces of it were left behind. Every scar around his body is cut the same way. Nice clean slits. Whoever did this must have been an expert. This all happened within a couple of hours. This happened early this morning. He was sewn back together perfectly.

Justin: So whoever did this is a professional. Maybe it was another doctor. He could of been having some problems with another employee.

Erika: It wouldn't hurt to check.

(A very small paper hangs out of Erika's pocket. It has the numbers 8, 200, 200, on it. It also says "to Erika.)

[Allen's home]

(Hanru is at Allen's front door. Allen answers it. The both of them stare at each other with intensity. The two of them both have cocky attitudes.)

Hanru: Hello, Allen.

Allen: I guess a warning wasn't good enough for you. I told you to stay out of this neighborhood.

Hanru: Shut up, Allen. I know you. I know what you do. I've figured everything out. You planned everything. Kayla decided to eat some place close to the area where Ross got shot. That way, she would be the first one to get to Ross' body when he got shot. She removed the bullet from his chest, while Greg was driving the ambulance to the hospital, so he didn't see anything. Although you were not sure he did or not. You made sure you were one of the doctors who would do surgery on Ross when he came into the E.R. after he was shot. You wanted to make sure he was dead. You weren't sure if Greg would tell the police what he saw. So you killed him. I'm guessing you're gonna frame somebody else for his murder?

Allen: So you've figured it out, huh? Tell me. How does a kid like you figure something like this out? Someone must have helped you.

Hanru: Yes, in fact, someone did help me. They gave me the name of the doctor who helped Ross when he was on his dying bed. The rest, I figured out myself.

Allen: Why would you come to my doorstep if you knew I was a killer?

Hanru: Because you're a smart killer. You don't know of I told anyone I would be here. Or if someone's watching us right now. Plus, it's daylight. It's too risky to do anything right now. Tell me Allen, do you confess to everything? The murder of Greg Bell. The connection with the death of Ross Geller?

Allen: Yes. I confess. I confess to everything. One thing Jason always told me is to never resist when the enemy has caught you. I work for Jason. We both killed people and found ways to tell each other without having any contact. We would secretly tell each other who to kill and when.

Hanru: The bullet. The bullet must have been a message on who to kill next after Ross.

Allen: You've caught me, boy. (Being sarcastic) Now. Slap the cuffs on me and take me to jail. Oh wait, you're not a real cop. How do you plan on arresting me, huh? you gonna call the real cops and tell em' what you found out? Are you gonna tell your uncle Leo? You would be arrested for obtaining illegal evidence. Not to mention violation of privacy and trespassing.

Hanru: I have everything I need right here. (Pats shirt pocket) I've been recording this conversation. I'll explain everything to the police. I think they'll understand why I went through all the trouble of solving this case. Plus, my uncle's cool with the captain, he'll get me off the hook.

Allen: I can see it in your eyes. There's something else you want to tell me.

Hanru: Where's my friend? I know you have him.

Allen: You don't have proof of that, do you?

Hanru: No. But I know you have him.

Allen: Sorry don't know what you're talking about.

Hanru: I'll make a deal with you. Tell me where he is and I'll give you the recorder.

Allen: ... Alright. Sounds good to me. I do have him. I've been trying to think of a way to use him against you. He's in my basement. There's a hidden wall down there that leads to a maze. Get through the maze and you'll find your friend. I know it's hard to belief. But that's where he is. It's the only clue you've got right now of his whereabouts.

Hanru: I keep the tape as I go in.

Allen: Nope. Give me the tape first.

Hanru: Forget it. I'll just call the police and tell them to search your house. They'll find your secret passage.

Allen: If you walk away from me right now, I'll kill your friend. Give me the tape.

Hanru: ...

Allen: Well how about I help you make your choice?

(Allen quickly headbutts Hanru before he could react and knocks him out. Minutes later, Hanru wakes up in a small square room. The walls are concrete, and a very small T.V sits on the ground. Lee wakes up Hanru.)

Lee: You're alive.

Hanru: (Sits up) No. Noo! I was your only chance. It was up to me to save you and get you outta here.

Allen: (Walks up to the caged door) Well that was fast. You were only out for 2 minutes.

Hanru: Let us out right now!

Allen: I'm afraid I can't do that. Mostly because I don't want to. Listen. Jason always said to give the smart ones a chance. Plus a friend of mine came up with this plan. I'm giving you a chance to survive. This caged door is locked by chains of course. But holding the chains is a combination lock. If you figure out the combination, you and your friend will live.

Hanru: It'll take me a while but eventually I'll figure out the combination, just by guessing.

Allen: It's not that simple. I'm gonna push the button on the wall behind me. It makes the room that you're in close in. You'll only have less than a minute. Good luck.

(Allen pushes the button and walks away.)

Lee: Oh no. What now, Hanru? What do we do?

(Walls continue to close in)

Hanru: Uh... Uh... The T.V!

Lee: I've tried it, man. Doesn't work!

Hanru: Every single button is missing except for the Power button and the channel up button!

Lee: What does that mean?!

Hanru: I don't know... I don't know! Maybe...

(Hanru turns the T.V on while the walls continue to close in.)

Hanru: When I turned the T.V on it skipped to channel 7!

Lee: Yeah! It skips to only 7 channels, then it turns off and starts all over again!

Hanru: (Thinking) What does that mean? Only 7 channels and the first channel is 7 instead of 2. Is it a phone number? That's the only thing I could think of right now. But no it can't be a number. Unless. (Reaches into pocket and pulls out cell phone) Yes! It is a number. He left me my phone on purpose. Even if I do call the police, they'd never make it in time. (Pushes button on phone but nothing happens) What? No! (Looks in back of phone and sees no battery.)

Lee: Your phone doesn't have battery! My battery doesn't have a phone!

Hanru: What?!

Lee: When I woke up in here, I had this battery in my pocket, but not my phone!

Hanru: (Thinking) He lied! He wasn't gonna use Lee to get to me. He was planning on getting me, Lee and Mamimi in here, so that he could kill the three of us. He knew that we were looking for him in the hospital.

(Hanru quickly dials the 7 numbers on the T.V. Erika picks up.)

Erika: Hello?

Hanru: Erika?!

Erika: Hanru? How did get my number?

Hanru: No time! There's a reason why he gave us your number. Quick, Erika. Have you seen any strange numbers at all today?!

Erika: The only strange numbers I've encountered today is the number on a victim.

Hanru: Hurry! We only have about 10 seconds until we're completely crushed! What were the numbers?!

Erika: O-Okay. The number was 8 200 200.

(Hanru drops the phone and puts in 1,8,2. It doesn't work. He then puts in 8,2,2. It doesn't work. 2,0,0. Doesn't work. 2,0,8. The lock opens and the chains fall off the door. The door then falls down and Hanru and Lee get out of the small room with only 2 seconds to spare. The both of them are breathing hard. The look over and see Allen standing next to them. Allen pulls a small pocket knife out of his pocket and throws it at the smashed in concrete wall. The wall pops and begins to slowly wither.)

Allen: The walls were fake. You were never in any real danger. But you were smart enough to figure out the combination. And that very much impresses me. (Smiles)

[Hours later]

(Hanru, Lee, Mamimi and Lawrence are sitting in Hanru's living room.)

Hanru: (Thinking) Allen confessed to the murder of Greg Bell. Ada went through some serious surgery. But she's fine now. Allen didn't speak of me at all to the police. As for his wife, Kayla. She ran away. No one knows where she is. Allen did give me the bullet. A message was carved in it. ''Greg Bell 8, 200, 200''. Someone knew Erika has gonna work forensics on the Greg Bell case. They planned this. It's possible that another person is involved. But I'm not sure yet. A cop perhaps? Maybe... I'll do some more investigating. In the future. I know Allen didn't really confess. I just have the feeling he didn't. Call it a gut feeling.

TO BE CONTINUED...
♠ ♠ ♠
I didn't plan much out for this one, but everything worked out. 1-3-10