Status: Active

Hanru Sazuki

Hanru Sazuki Volume Three Chapter Thirty: The Crossroads of a Destiny (Fall 2013)

(Hospital)

(Hanru and Ada stand over Leo’s body as he lies unconscious on the bed.)

Hanru: I just came back from a hospital not too long ago. One of my closest friends passed away. And now I’m watching my uncle die.

Ada: Just think positive. The doctors said he’s in a coma is all from the gunshots. He may be okay.

Hanru: Right now I’m not much of a positive person. I just watched someone die. Do you have any idea what that’s like?

Ada: I do actually. I watched my mother die.

(Moment of silence)

Hanru: Do you have any idea who could have shot him?

Ada: Your uncle apologized to all the people he felt he’s done wrong to. I suspect he met with an old enemy and it resulted in the drive-by that put him in the coma.

Hanru: Maybe I should go find these people then.

Ada: Let the police handle it. They’re already collecting bullets and taking samples. There is nothing you can do that won’t get you caught. Do you understand?

Hanru: I doubt my luck’s run out. You’d be surprised what kind of things I can get away with.

Ada: You know one of these days I might have to arrest you for interfering in police business and for illegally obtaining evidence.

Hanru: Until you can prove I’m doing these things, we’ll always be at this game of cat and mouse. (Walks out of the room)

(Hanru walks down the hospital hallway.)

Hanru: (Thinking) I will have to deal with Ada another time. For now, I need to find out who did this.

(Studio apartment)

(Jessica and Tammy both finish painting their nails in the dimmed studio apartment.)

Jessica: (Blows her nails) You know Hanru loves black nail polish. He probably doesn’t know I know, but there are a lot of things he thinks I don’t know about him.

Tammy: So when you say he loves them you mean that in what way? Like he, drools himself over it and has the unspeakable urges to satisfy himself? (Laughs)

Jessica: (Chuckles) No actually. Hanru isn’t into doing that to himself. You know he actually hates it. But yeah, black nail polish is one of his many strange sexual fetishes. He thinks black nail polish is sexy on smooth hands. He hates to admit it though because he loves his women all natural but when it comes to his few sexual likes, he starts hating himself because these things aren’t natural. Like he loves soft hands, but some women only have soft healthy hands because of products they use to achieve such nice skin.

Tammy: Hanru seems like a nice kid. I hope my son grows up to be just like him.

Jessica: That’s right, you do have a son. Awe, Tammy’s a mommy.

Tammy: (Smiles) Man, I miss that kid almost every day. I almost wish I never given up on him.

Jessica: You couldn’t provide for him; you had to let him go; it was for his own good.

Tammy: Yeah, I know. So… you painted your nails for Hanru. Does that mean you’re planning to seduce him?

Jessica: No…

Tammy: I see you cracking that smile; that special smile I always used to get before I was with a very attractive client who wasn’t a complete freak. You like this kid, don’t you?

Jessica: I do like him, I mean he’s one of my best friends. He’s had a very bad history of women and I only want to be the girl he deserves. He wants a girl he can trust with all his problems and love unconditionally without having to feel pushed away, or used, or disrespected, or taken for granted. Hanru may have his feelings locked away but deep down all he really wants is to build a life together with a beautiful woman who won’t reject his love. Believe me, finding a girl like that isn’t easy. I can be that girl for him, because I’m sick of watching him desperately try and win over these undeserving girls because he’s desperate to share his love and grow together with another woman.

Tammy: I’m guessing the kid has no independence.

Jessica: None whatsoever. He gave up on life a long time ago and now he feels like he has no reason to live except for finding love. Hanru is happy with living with his uncle his entire life until the day he dies. He doesn’t care about getting a job or being successful in life, he only cares about living the life he wants to live before he dies. There was a girl who he loved very much who actually left him because despite him giving up on his own life and living for her, she broke his heart because he wouldn’t live for himself. I know it sounds like he’s the wrong one in the situation, but if someone ever gave up their life completely and dedicated their entire life to being perfect for you, you better seriously think about what that person is doing for you. I know a lot of people do that to win over a boyfriend or a girlfriend, but when someone truly dedicates themselves to you with no reason other than love, you truly have something special on your hands.

Tammy: I know a man did that to me once. He wasn’t giving me any space you know, he just completely sacrificed everything in his life for me. He was even willing to turn on his own family just do be with me. I didn’t want him doing that, so I left him.

Jessica: And what makes you think he wouldn’t do that to some other woman once he fell in love with her? He’s gonna burn his bridges with his family and fully commit to a woman he loves no matter who she is, the only difference is that another girl would receive endless love from him and not you. If he’s going to leave his family, the least you can do is enjoy his love instead of passing him on to the next woman. Love is something not many people experience. Those who can have girlfriends and boyfriends don’t know how lucky they are to not have to bathe in the dark bitter waters of always being alone and not having anybody.

Tammy: Those who have the most love to give are usually the ones more alone.

Jessica: And those who don’t have a lot of love to give, are always romantically involved with different individuals. Sometimes simultaneously.

(There is a gentle knock at the door. Jessica quickly gets up.)

Jessica: I’ll get it.

(Jessica answers the door and it’s a tall, chubby, black guy with a chilled-out attitude and is wearing shades. Jessica gets freaked out as soon as she sees him. He gently forces himself in the door as he says his next sentence.)

PDJ: Mind if I come in?

(Jessica closes the door behind her. PDJ looks at Tammy as she stares back at him with a scared look on her face. She quickly stands up and prepares herself for either a fight or a flight.)

PDJ: (Says to Tammy) I traveled far through the most slum-ish parts of this city trying to track you down. I bet you didn’t think I’d find you out here, huh? (Smiles friendly) Come on, be honest now; no need to lie. I think you’ve committed enough devious actions for the both of us. (Slowly takes of shades and begins cleaning them) So here’s how its gon go down. You come with me no questions asked and I don’t put you down right here like the dog you are. (Pulls out silver pistol)

Tammy: Pimp Daddy-Joe, I am sorry I ran away from you-

PDJ: (Bites lip) Huh?

Tammy: But you gotta understand I was desperate! I couldn’t handle the circumstances of your rules anymore.

PDJ: So you uh… Decided to make the choice on your own to just up and leave with the money you owed ME.

Tammy: I worked for that money. That was all MY MONEY! I worked those hours! I sold myself to earn that money so that I could provide for both me and my son.

PDJ: Baby… you gave up that right for hording your own money after you agreed to work for me. Now it would be nice if thangs could be worked out simply, but unfortunately that’s not the case now. You messed up when you ran off. When you agreed to work for me, you sold me your soul. I own you. You wanna break the rules of the contract, I have no choice but to make you, my little problem, go away.

Tammy: I can pay you the money back.

PDJ: It ain’t about the money; it’s about respect and trust! I can’t ever trust you again, so therefore I have no more use for you. So I got no choice but to put you down.

Tammy: But I have a son. Please, I can get you your money back and we can both turn the other cheek.

PDJ: The only cheek turning I know comes from those girls with a dick in they mouth making me some money, and since you’re no good at that, well shoot… you just outta luck.

Tammy: I can’t die yet; not here; not today. I have too much to live for.

PDJ: Come with me and maybe we can work something out.

Jessica: She doesn’t wanna work anything out with you. She wants out of the lifestyle you’re giving her.

Tammy: I can handle this; stop talking.

PDJ: Oh she wants out, does she? Alright… (Nods his head) I’ll let her go, but she still owes me some money.

Jessica: We’ll work something out. We’ll even make payments for you if we have to.

PDJ: No, no, I want the full amount. $10,000 cash. I’ll be generous and give you a month to come up with the money. I think that’s more than fair.

Jessica: Deal!

(Lobby)

(Hanru walks out of the elevator and toward the exit of the hospital. He and Justin run into each other.)

Justin: Hey man, how are ya?

Hanru: (Thinking) Better if you weren’t talking to me right right. (Says to Justin with fake enthusiasm) I’ve been great. It’s nice to see you again.

Justin: Yeah, yeah, well it’s good seeing you. I don’t mean to sound rude but I’m kind of in a rush right now.

Hanru: You must have some pretty big plans tonight.

Justin: Yeah I do.

Hanru: (Crosses his arms) Like errands?

Justin: (Obviously lying and nods) Yeah. Personal errands.

Hanru: At 2AM? You and I both know you’re lying.

Justin: You’re calling me a liar?

Hanru: (Gets closer to Justin and talks softer) You and my uncle were close. You’re wearing dark clothes and a black leather jacket. You’re in a rush, and you’re not at the crime scene were my uncle was shot at helping the police figure out who shot him. You’re here to pay your respects to my uncle and let him know how close of a friend he is to you before going out there in the streets and doing something stupid that could get you killed. Now either you know or have an idea of who shot my uncle. And I’m betting you’re stupidly pursuing the shooter personally.

Justin: And what if all that was true?

Hanru: I’d like to join you in your stupid pursuit.

Justin: No, no, kid; I’m on my own on this.

Hanru: You don’t really have much of a choice here. Whether you let me join you or not, I’m going after him. Now things will go a whole lot smoother if we worked together on this.

Justin: I’m only letting you come along so I can keep an eye on you. But you do exactly what I say, is that understood?

Hanru: I’m a partner; not a sidekick. I may be younger than you, but I’m not a child. We work together on this. (Walks away toward the exit)

(Justin walks in the hospital room a few minutes later. He closes the door behind him and looks down at Leo’s unconscious body in sadness. Ada walks up beside Justin and places her arm around his shoulder and pats his back.)

Ada: I miss him so much.

Justin: I think we all do.

Ada: Leo may have been selfish, but his heart was always in the right place. He was always just too afraid to expose himself to love.

Justin: I’m his partner, remember? I probably know more about him than you.

Ada: You would think so. Leo and I had a very open relationship. We were always honest with each other. No matter what, he never sugarcoated his words and he wasn’t afraid of not sparing my feelings. But it made us closer. It made our relationship stronger.

Justin: I know who did this, and I’m going to make them suffer for what they did.

Ada: Obviously these men aren’t so dangerous if you’re going after them head-on.

Justin: How many men were there?

Ada: There were four, Justin. But you’ll never find them; trust me, these men are not gonna wanna be found.

Justin: Well I’ll find them. I’m going after them right now and I’m not giving them a chance to disappear.

(Justin slowly hugs Ada.)

Ada: You’re my best friend, Justin. I don’t know what I’ll do if I ever lost you and Leo.

Justin: (Stops hugging and looks her straight in the eyes) This may be the last time you see me, Ada. Take a good look at me; create a mental image that lasts forever. I love you, Ada; you’re my best friend. Now when Leo wakes up, I want the two of you to love each other unconditionally. I want you to learn how to always make things work in your relationship and I want you two to grow. Grow like the beautiful children the two of you will to have someday.

Ada: (Holding back tears) Please don’t do this, Justin,

(Justin turns and looks at Leo.)

Justin: Goodbye, brother.

(Justin releases Ada and leaves the room. Back in the car, Hanru is on his cell phone.)

Hanru: I know I probably shouldn’t be calling you out of the blue like this, but I need your help with something. My uncle was shot, and with the connections you have, I’m sure you can get us a name and a lending hand in elimination.

Kaito: Kid, I already know who shot your uncle and I know who ordered the hit out on him. Trust me it’s not who you think it is.

Hanru: Thank you, Kaito.

(Both hang up.)

(Sazuki house)

(Henry is walking upstairs in Hanru’s room with Erika right behind him. She closes the door.)

Erika: Luckily I’m not the only lab geek here. I was able to sneak up here with you.

Henry: So this is his room?

Erika: What? (Walks closer to Henry)

Henry: Nothing; I’m just thinking out loud.

(Henry begins opening drawers and snooping through Hanru’s things.)

Erika: Why are you snooping? You have no business going through his things.

Henry: Look, Erika, you and I aren’t dating. We went out one time; that was it. I don’t know what you think we have between us, but it’s not something I can’t live without. My point is, stop always questioning me and following me and always trying to spend time with me. I need you to back off right now. I’m doing official police business right now and I really need for you to let me do my job.

Erika: Sorry. I didn’t realize I was such a burden to you.

Henry: Well you are! (Looks at Erika) Would you please go?! Just do your job or something, I don’t know. Just leave me alone.

(Without a word, Erika leaves and closes the door on her way out. Henry sighs and quickly calls someone over the phone.)

Man: Hello?

Henry: I’m in the kid’s room, but I have no idea what I’m looking for.

(The man talks for a few seconds while Henry continues searching.)

Henry: His sword? Yeah I see it.

(Henry grabs Hanru’s sword and flips it upside down. He pulls the bottom of it really hard and it opens. He finds a flashdrive in side.)

Henry: Yeah I found it. Why couldn’t you have done this yourself? Why did you shoot up this man’s house and nearly kill him? You could have… Look never mind. I’m coming to meet you now. Luckily none of the important officers saw me so I can easily leave the premises no problem.

(LJ’s home)

(Jessica is standing in front of LJ’s house. A man with a flashlight shines it in her face from just outside the front yard.)

Al: HEY! Hey, what are you doing?

Jessica: I’m… (Clears throat) I’m a friend of Holly’s. I needed to talk to her about something really important.

Al: You got any ID on you?

Jessica: ID? No.

Al: Then I’m gonna have to ask you to leave this property. This neighborhood has a curfew and if you were a residence here, you’d know that. So I’m giving you one last chance to leave the property before I call the police. (Takes out his cell phone)

Jessica: Please, sir, this is an emergency. I really need to talk to them about something important?

Al: Who’s them? I thought you were here just for Holly?

(The door opens and the alarm beeps once.)

Janet: Hey, what’s going on?

Al: She says she’s a friend of your daughter’s!?

Janet: Yes, yes, she’s a family friend.

Al: Alright, well I’m in charge of the neighborhood watch. It’s my first time in a while and I’m trying to make a good impression. Please, tell your family friend about this neighborhood’s curfew.

Janet: And I’ll be sure to tell the neighborhood council how great of a watchmen you were tonight.

Al: Thanks, neighbor.

Janet: Don’t mention it. I’m gonna try and get some rest now. You take care.

Al: Have a good night- both of you.

(Minutes later, LJ comes walking down stairs wearing a muscle shirt and some loose shorts. Jessica and Janet both sit in the living room on the couch. Janet remains in her white robe.)

LJ: What is this? Janet, why is she in my house?

Janet: She said she had something important to talk to you about. It is a financial issue, so I thought maybe I should wake you up to talk about this one.

LJ: It’s almost 3 in the morning! Look, I’m sorry but you’re gonna have to come back another time. Maybe tomorrow or never.

Jessica: Please, LJ! I need your help! My roommate and I owe money to a pimp and he’s given us a month to come up with the money, but if we can get him off our backs by tomorrow, I figure it saves us a month of worries.

LJ: I’m sorry but I can’t help you on that one.

Jessica: Sorry, I know it’s a lot of money, but I don’t know who else to turn to.

LJ: The money isn’t the issue. Look, Things are changing a lot in my life right now and I’m trying to make better choices. I’m done with that street life. I moved my family here to the suburbs to get away from all that mess.

Jessica: But you’re not getting involved. You’re lending me money to help save three lives!

LJ: Three lives?

Jessica: My roommate was the pimp’s prostitute and she has a son. He threatens to kill me, her, and the son if he doesn’t get our money.

LJ: How much?

Jessica: $10,000.

LJ: I’m guessing Pimp Daddy Joe is the nail in your tire. He’s the only one I know who would hurt a child.

Jessica: Yes, it’s him.

LJ: He originally stole his name from a pimp living… somewhere else. Even if you give this man the money he asked for he still won’t let you have your happily ever after. He has both of you by the balls and he’s the sack keeping you trapped. After you pay him his money, he’s most likely going to force the two of you prostitute for him and if you don’t he’ll kill you anyway. If I give you this money, eventually he will trace it back to me. One thing he’s good at is sniffing people out in this city like a blood hound thirsty for money.

Jessica: So what should we do?

LJ: There’s nothing you can do. If you leave town, you’ll constantly have to look over your shoulder.

Jessica: I don’t know what to do… (Feeling scared)

(LJ scratches his head and sighs.)

LJ: Look… (Sighs) I can help you but not your roommate okay. I’ll give you the money, but you tell your roommate to pay him. After the money is delivered to him, I want you to come live here with me, okay?

Janet: What?!

LJ: Janet, please DO NOT ARGUE WITH ME ABOUT THIS! I’m frustrated enough just thinking about it.

Janet: You don’t know what it’s like being force to prostitute just to stay alive. I needed help, LJ!

LJ: And you got help, baby. But not all hookers can be saved from the burdens of their life choices.

Janet: (Angered) Being a hooker was not my choice! My father sold me when I was just barely starting school! My father made a profit out of me and then I was raised into the life of a hooker! Living here with you and finding out Holly was my long lost daughter, is a huge impact on me. Yes I had a chance to change and live a good life, but this woman doesn’t. She needs help, LJ.

LJ: I’m sorry, Janet, but things happen. I don’t trust this hooker, whoever she is. We can’t help her.

Janet: I will never forgive you if you don’t help this woman.

LJ: Walking around the house showing me no respect, giving me attitude and bad looks, and making my life miserable. You’ll officially be my wife! Congratulations!

Janet: Jessica, let’s go. I’m going with you to talk to this pimp you owe money to.

LJ: Seriously? You’re gonna get this dramatic?

Janet: At least this way, you’ll be forced to help her if you help me. And if you really love me, you won’t leave me with this man for long.

(Janet grabs Jessica’s hand and the two of them storm out the front door. LJ sighs in irritation. He looks up the stairs and sees Holly in her PJ’s.)

LJ: You promise me you won’t get like your mother when you’re older- or anytime soon!

Holly: Dad, it’s not mom’s fault she’s doing this. She needs you to help her.

LJ: NO! She is forcing me to do things her way and she’s going to extremes to try and control me and force me to be on her side! If she wants to jump into danger, that’s her decision! She’s an adult!

Holly: Dad, have you ever stopped to think about what mom is going through since her life switch around? She’s used to having sex daily with strange men for money and she’s always been alone and disrespected. Now she’s forced to be committed to one man who doesn’t even want sex from her, she no longer has to work just to keep a roof over her head, and now she has to be a mother. The real reason why mom yelled at you just now and is going over to that pimp’s place, is because she’s subconsciously trying to go back to the life she grew up knowing. All this change terrifies her, dad, and she’s frightened. She’s scared and she needs you to help her get through this change.

LJ: I’m going through change too, Holleena! And I’m unable to help her deal with her psychological issues! I still need to figure myself out.

Holly: You’re not figuring anything out by being angry all the time, dad. You’re angry because you’re scared. You’re scared of so many things. Scared that mom will leave you, scared of being a father, and scared of living a new life. You and mom both need each other right now. Yes, I know I am a burden for you two, but I am your daughter and I am a firm believer in family. We all need to stick together. We all need each other. I’m sorry if I’m such a pest, but you’re the only dad I have left. The man who raised me died and every day I sometimes feel as if I’m stuck in a dream and can’t wake up. We’re all scared and we’re all adjusting, but feuding with one another won’t help us come closer together.

LJ: You’re right… I’m sorry.

(LJ walks up the stairs and embraces his daughter tightly. About a minute later, LJ runs outside and sees Jessica and Janet walking down the street. He quickly runs down the street and calls Janet’s name. She turns around and LJ sweeps her off her feet with a huge hug. She hugs him back.)

Janet: What are you doing, LJ?

LJ: For once being a man and taking control. Consider this situation handled. I want you to wait a few days before telling Hanru about this, okay?

Jessica: Okay.

LJ: That kid loves you, and with the connections he now has, he can order this pimp dead for you. But blood will still be on his hands if he did that, and that’s what I don’t want. But then again, the kid is unpredictable; he may react smart. Whatever I know the perfect man who can help us with this situation.

(Hotel)

(Timothy walks out of the bathroom naked and drying his wet hair with a white towel. Debbie sits on the bed with her laptop in her lap and one hand shielding her eyes.)

Debbie: I can see now why the receptionist thought you were some pedophile who kidnapped me. How about censoring yourself when in you’re in the same room as a teenage girl?

Timothy: Quit being such a baby. I walk around naked all the time; either you get used to it or you don’t.

Debbie: Whatever, look is there any hot water left?

Timothy: Not for you, no.

Debbie: Quit being a butt! Seriously, can I take a shower or not?

Timothy: You can take a shower, but only if cold water doesn’t bother you.

Debbie: (Annoyed) Wow…

Timothy: (Putting clothes on) So, hey, Kaito has hired me for a job. Someone shot your little boyfriend’s uncle and I’ve been hired to take him out.

Debbie: Maybe I can go see Hanru at the hospital where his uncle’s at. I mean sooner or later he’ll have to go visit, right?

Timothy: The kid is sketchy. I wouldn’t get my hopes up. Anyway aren’t you done daydreaming over that guy? What has he ever done to make you feel so in love with him?

Debbie: He accepted me when no one else did and he was the only guy to ever respect me and not try and have sex with me. Little things like that sometimes have a huge impact on girls.

Timothy: (Putting on shirt) Yeah, you girls are always so complicated. That’s why I’m alone. Life’s too short to deal with your drama.

Debbie: Hey! Girls go through a lot.

Timothy: Yeah, and so do guys. We go through a lot of pussy and we get effed over because of it.

Debbie: You’ve never been in love so you don’t understand.

Timothy: I’ve been in love plenty times to know, it ain’t worth it in the end.

Debbie: A girl must have seriously hurt you in the past.

Timothy: In the end, all the women I loved were all killed. Accept for one of course, but she’s off my grid now.

Debbie: Were they all killed by you?

(Timothy pauses for 2 seconds and looks down at the floor. After the two seconds are over, he walks back into the bathroom and replies to Debbie by saying “No.”)

(Ghetto Neighborhood)

(Justin and Hanru park in a dark lot. Justin turns the ignition off and sighs before looking at Hanru.)

Hanru: Are you sure this is the right guy?

Justin: I’m sure. Leo set up this guy’s brothers and sent them to prison. I think it was foolish for Leo to confess that, but he made his choice.

Hanru: I honestly don’t think this man is the one who did it.

Justin: He is. My gut tell me.

Hanru: Maybe it’s just gas.

(Justin sighs and gives Hanru a look of doubt.)

Justin: You wait here, while I’m gone. I’ll be back soon.

(Justin gets out of the car and closes the door behind him. As he walks away, Hanru’s cell begins to ring. He answers.)

Hanru: Hello?

Woman: Your uncle was just the start. Forgiveness does not suit us. No matter what you may think you know, I’m here to assure you, you’re wrong.

(Justin walks into the hall way of the apartments and sees the room he was going to open. He pulls his gun out and becomes alert. He walks into the apartment and sees it’s completely dark inside. With full focus he cautiously wonders inside; feeling around for a light switch. He walks into the kitchen and flickers on the lights. He sees two Mexican gangsters dead on the table. A woman stands behind him and pokes Justin in the neck with a needle.)

(In the car)

Woman: I’m betting you’ve come to the conclusion that those Mexican gangsters your uncle confessed to were the ones responsible for shooting your uncle and putting him in a coma. We planned it so that all evidence points to them. Eventually the police will come storming to their apartment hoping for an arrest, but oh no! They seem to have skipped town after killing a detective of homicide. The police will be looking for two dead men and they’ll be on a wild goose chase. During that time, you’ll already be dead by the way.

Hanru: I recognize your voice. You must be Anne.

Anne: Right you are, Einstein. You see at first I wanted my family to forgive you and your brother, but emotions sunk in and we all realized, we lost a sister and I lost a hand!

Hanru: That was entirely your fault. You’re the one who chewed your hand out of the handcuffs.

Anne: I did it to survive. I don’t know if you’ve noticed but going to jail isn’t an option for me.

Hanru: Of course not; same goes for every criminal who speaks in their defense.

Anne: Even if you somehow win this war against us, your uncle’s blood will be on your hands.

Hanru: No it won’t. My brother’s girlfriend was responsible for killing your sister Kristen; me and my brother had nothing to do with it!

Anne: That’s not what our sources say unfortunately. Oh we know your game. You manipulate and lie your way out of your problems. Not this time pal.

Hanru: Who are you even getting your information from?!

Anne: I suppose you’ll be dead anyway so what the heck? His name is Oliver Rayne. He told us the truth about how you and your brother killed our sister in your brother’s apartment! We all promised to remain secret about it so we all acted as if you were the main target. Of course my sisters and I tried keeping you alive long enough to lure your brother out of the shadows, but that obviously didn’t work. We’ll get your brother maybe sometime in the future. Look after a while we lost sight of what our true motive was and I decided we should just forgive you. That little conversion of thought didn’t last long obviously. My sisters and I are back and we’re going to kill you and all your friends.

Hanru: I doubt that’s going to happen. You see here’s the thing. I have connections. After you and your sister called me on and agreed to forgive me and move on with your lives and embrace the family you had left, I had all of you watched and I had all of your phones tapped. I’ve always been prepared for you coming back. Now I could just self-destruct the bug planted in your phone and in the process remove that beautiful face of yours, but I’m not a cruel person. I think sending you all to jail is better.

Anne: I sense fear in your words. You’re only saying this just to scare me.

Hanru: Oh am I? You have no way of proving I am bluffing, but you also have no proof I am not. I think you better take a step back sister and think about what you and your sisters are getting into.

Anne: What proof do you have that’s going to send us to jail?
We make sure our tracks are covered!

Hanru: You killed hundreds of people by poisoning them! Of course with the type of poison you all use, it can easily be linked to many, many unsolved cases.

Anne: Oh well, I guess we’ll just have to kill you now so that way you don’t “pose a threat.” I’m using air-quotes by the way.

Hanru: I say bring it on.

(The phone goes silent for a few seconds and then hangs up.)

Hanru: Hello?

(Justin slaps against the car door and quickly sits in the driver’s seat, breathing hard and having a hard time breathing. A lot of blood falls from the side of his head.)

Hanru: Justin, what happened?

Justin: There was a crazy woman in there. She attacked me. I was able to fight her off and luckily my reflexes were fast enough to prevent her from injecting me with whatever liquid she had in that needle.

(Hanru quickly charges out of the car.)

Justin: Hey where are you going?!
(Parking garage.)

(Metal wires are tied around Anne’s neck. In the back seat is a man with black rubber gloves. This man is none other than Oliver Rayne.)

Oliver: Change of plans, darling. Your big sister Janie figured everything out and now I can’t risk her or any of her sisters going after my daughter.

Anne: So it really was your daughter that killed our sister?!

Oliver: Yes, it was. Now that you know the truth, it’s time for you to die. And by the way, Hanru is off the market for killing. At least for now.

(Oliver tightens the ropes and strangles Anne.)

(Apartment grass field)

(Hanru runs at full speed and tackles the woman running from him in the grass. They roll around a few times and the grass and Hanru lays on top of her to pin her down.)

Hanru: What were you doing in the apartment?! HUH?!

Velma: Relax, I wasn’t there to kill anyone! I was warning those gangsters about what my sisters were planning to do to them! Look, my sister Janie is mental and she has anger issues. After Judy and I agreed to let you go, her and our sister Anne decided to go after you again. Judy and I have nothing against you!

Hanru: How do I know you’re not lying?!

Velma: If I really wanted you dead, I would’ve done it while I was giving you a ride from Oregon!

Hanru: I can’t trust any of you, you know that?

Velma: Yes, I do know. I very much do. And you know what? I don’t blame you. I wouldn’t trust me either! But you have something inside you that’s very special. Look every time I look in your eyes, I see it. That’s why I’m always staring at you.

Hanru: Don’t try and sweet talk me.

Velma: Please, just let me go. I spared your cop friend by not injecting him with my needle. I gave him a chance, so now give me a chance. Let me go!

(Hanru and Velma both stare into each other’s eyes for a few seconds.)

Velma: You’re so beautiful. I just want you right now.

Hanru: (Cracks a smile) You’re a freak, you know that?

Velma: (Smiles) I’m bipolar; I’m not a freak.

Hanru: I’ll let you go, but you need to promise me you won’t hurt anyone I care about.

Velma: I pinky promise.

(Forest)

(In a deep dark forest, Oliver is seen throwing one body into a grave. She screams once but is unable to stand. She cries out in fear.)

Anne: No! Please don’t let me die like this!

Oliver: It doesn’t matter how much you beg, you’re gonna die. Just be glad I stopped strangling you and gave you a few more minutes to live.

Anne: I promise I won’t tell anybody about your daughter killing my sister! I promise not to go after her! Please just let me live!

(Oliver stops and thinks for a few seconds.)

Oliver: Well… Maybe I will…

Anne: (Lightly smiles in relief) Maybe you’ll let me live?

Oliver: No, maybe I should let you bleed out instead of suffocating in the dirt. Your body is temporarily paralyzed right now with one of your own poisons, so you won’t be able to move anyway. So I’ll just leave you here to rot.

(Oliver pulls out a silver pistol and cocks it back.)

Anne: NO PLEASE DON’T-

(Oliver shoots Anne in the stomach once and in the shoulder twice. She is unable to scream but her facial expression shows she’s in a lot of pain. Tears fall down her eyes as she cries. Out in fear.)

Oliver: Serial killers aren’t supposed to feel fear; they instill fear.

Your sister Bertha is already dead and she’s in the grave next to you on the right. Your sister Janie is still alive, but I have a pretty good idea of where she’s located. I have your cell phone so I can just text her up and give her an order.

(Anne coughs up blood and has trouble breathing.)

Anne: She’s… at the hospital…

Oliver: I imagine she’s there to finish Leo after I ordered the drive-by. Fair enough. I never liked Leo; not when I was working as a cop in his department. Him being dead doesn’t bother me. After she kills him, I’ll be waiting downstairs in the parking lot to kill her.

Anne: Please… I don’t wanna die alone… Bring her here with me. Kill us together… P-please…?

Oliver: Well I usually don’t take request, but if I can, I’ll bring the culprit back to you alive if I can Warden. (Chuckles) Stay alive and suffer for me as long as you can while I’m gone. (Walks away) The three places I shot you at were minor spots so you should be there awhile.

(Grass)

Velma: I just got a text, hold on. (Reads her text) Janie is at the hospital, she says.

Hanru: Is she there for my uncle?!

Velma: Most likely she is. You and that cop you came with need to get to the hospital right now! GO!

(Hanru quickly runs away. Velma looks back at her text message ad re-reads it. It says- “Missing you sis. Wish you were here. Smooches! Love Judy Fruity :)”.)

Velma: Sorry I had to lie to you, Hanru, about the text message, but I didn’t lie to you about Janie being at the hospital.

(Hospital)

(Minutes have passed. Detective Henry walks into the hospital and sees Ada on the couch stressed out and in the corner alone. Henry thinks for a few seconds and is very hesitant about walking over to her. But he walks over there regardless. He sits next to her.)

Henry: Hey. Detective chicks aren’t supposed to cry. (Wipes tears from her face)

Ada: Why are you here, Henry? Why did you get transferred to this department?

Henry: Look, Ada… AH… (Sighs and pinches the top of his nose for a few seconds) I’m a dirty cop, Ada. You and I had something special when we were younger, and things got out of control and then all this attempted murder stuff between you and me and your sister happened. I ended up becoming a detective, but my whole life, I’ve been dedicated to being your sister’s partner. She is a criminal and I too am a criminal. I am involved with so many murderers. These murderers have me by the balls, Ada. I was only sent into your department to scope out you, Leo, and Hanru. Later on it became Erika too.

Ada: What…? Why are you telling me all of this?
Henry: Because, I am tired, Ada. I’m tired of all the secrets and the lying and the double-life. I’m sick of it. I have no free will. I’m just a puppet.

Ada: Is that why you’ve been dating Erika the past few weeks?

Henry: Well uh… I’ve grown quite fawned of her actually. But she’s been through too much pain; she can do much better than I can.

Ada: Are you going to retire as a cop?

Henry: I don’t know, maybe. But right now, former Officer Rayne is the man behind the curtains.

Ada: Oliver?!

Henry: Yes. And there’s nothing I can do to get rid of him. He’s my last boss who’s still alive. Ronda said she wants to move on with life too. But the two of us aren’t murderers and we have no evidence to convict Oliver of any crime. My hands are tied; all I can do is follow the rules like a good little slave.

(Oliver is walking into the parking lot, when he sees Janie pacing herself outside the entrance of the hospital. Oliver quickly walks toward her. Both Hanru and Justin notice Oliver walking toward Janie in the parking lot. The two of them are in Justin’s car watching.)

Justin: What should we do?

Hanru: I guess we see where this goes.

(Hanru’s cell rings. He looks at the caller ID.)

Hanru: What?! Of all the times she could’ve called, it just had to be now. Uh… dang it; I can’t ignore this. (Answers it) Hello?

Debbie: Hey, it’s me. So listen, Timothy went off to assassinate the dude who shot your uncle. The phone I’m talking to you on right now has a clear line so no worries, no one is hearing this conversation but us. Um, so while I’m here in town, I would like to see you one last time, if that’s okay?

Hanru: Yeah, sure; it’s okay… but uh… where exactly did uh… (Glances at Justin) he go?

Debbie: Oh you must not be alone. Sorry. Ah I feel so stupid. Look, do you know the guy’s name who shot your uncle?

Hanru: I’m guessing it starts with an O.

Debbie: Alright, so you know who it is then. Ok, um 7 seconds until the line is unclear. I’ll send you a text later for were we can meet.

Hanru: Sure thing.

Debbie: Bye.

Hanru: Bye.

(Both hang up.)

Justin: Who was that?

Hanru: You’re sister; she was wondering when I was available for providing sweet love.

Justin: Watch it, Sazuki; we’re not that close of a friend.

Hanru: Sorry.

Justin: He knocked her out and now he’s putting her in the trunk of his car.

Hanru: I can’t believe I’m doing this. Look, Oliver’s too smart. He’ll know we’re following him; especially if it’s to a remote location. I think I should go solo from here.

Justin: Are you crazy, kid?

Hanru: Actually, I am.

(Hanru quickly puts the car into drive and presses Justin’s foot on the pedal.)

Justin: Whoa are you crazy, what are you doing?!

(Hanru steers the car toward Oliver. Before Oliver has a chance to close the trunk, he is blinded by the bright lights of Justin’s speeding car heading right for him. Oliver quickly jumps in between his car and the van next to it. Justin’s car slams into the van and the airbags deploy. Hanru quickly crawls into the backseat and exits the car from behind the driver side. He softly closes the door. Justin’s car is somehow still running. As his airbag deflates, he notices Oliver walking up toward him to see his face. Justin quickly hits his car into reverse and speeds out of the parking lot.)

Oliver: An assassination attempt, huh? I recognize his face. That was Justin. So Henry sold me out. I’ll be sure to get him for this.

(Oliver closes the trunk, gets into his car and leaves the parking lot.)

(Graves many minutes later)

(Oliver parks his car up to the graves and uses his headlights to see. He looks into the center grave and sees that Anne is still alive and suffering in the 8 foot deep grave.)

Oliver: Well I’ll be. You actually stayed alive long enough to die alongside your sister. Alright, well, I don’t wanna be rude and keep you waiting, so I’ll go get your sister right now.

(Oliver opens the driver side door and presses the button to pop the trunk. In the corner of his eye, he sees the trunk raise up all the way instead of opening a tiny bit. This alerts him. He stands up and slowly walks toward the trunk. He hears loud raddling in the bushes. Oliver quickly pulls out his pistol and shoots in the trees 5 times. He turns and looks at Janie’s unconscious body. He throws her over his shoulders and walks toward the grave. Quick footsteps can be heard behind Oliver and as he turns around, he is shot three times in the side. He screams out and falls to the ground. Janie is woken as her head hits the metal ped of Oliver’s car. Oliver turns around and begins laughing. Hanru stands over his body with a pistol in his hand.)

Hanru: I stole it from Justin as I was leaving the car.

Oliver: You know, kid; you’re really a pain in my side. Literally. (Holds his side in pain) AH!

Hanru: You’re right side to be exact.

Oliver: Hey don’t get smart, kid. Look, you better have the balls to kill me now because if not, I’m coming for you.

Hanru: I’d rather have you chase me down in life, than be forever haunted by you in death.

Oliver: So you’re letting me go. Wow, kid. You really are something.

Hanru: I’m just a boy who made a huge mistake. I should’ve never gotten involved with your group. I don’t regret it, because without all of this excitement, where would I be now in life?

(Hanru looks at the three graves and walks toward them. He sees Anne in the middle begging for her life.)

Hanru: Can you get up?

Anne: It hurts too much…

Hanru: Come on, I’ve got you. You just need to grab my hand.

(Hanru lies on the edge of the grave and extends his arm for Anne to grab. She grabs it after a few seconds of shaking and struggling. Hanru uses all his strength to pull her out of the hole. Oliver can’t help but to laugh as his breathing gets heavier.)

Oliver: Wow, kid. After everything she put you through, you’re still gonna save her?!

Hanru: I am! She is a human being! She doesn’t deserve to suffer like this.

(Hanru holds her body as she shakes and desperately tries breathing. She coughs up a bit more blood and more tears begin to fall down her face.)

Oliver: I really can’t believe you would save her and let me go! Why do you constantly put yourself and those you care about in danger?!
Hanru: It doesn’t matter why I do the things I do. I just do what I believe in and what feels right to me.

Anne: Hanru… look at me please…

Hanru: (Looks her in the eyes) Hey, don’t worry; I’m here for you. I got you. What is it you need to say?

Anne: When I called you earlier… I…

Hanru: What? What is it? Tell me.

Anne: I… killed your uncle…

Hanru: W-what…?

Anne: I injected some slow acting poison into his IV at the hospital. Then after I left, I went into the parking garage and I called you… I am so sorry. It was before I knew the truth.

(Hanru places his forehead on Anne’s chest in sorrow.)

Oliver: (Chuckles) Wow. So you do what you feel is right and what you believe. Now that she’s hurt you and murdered an innocent family member of yours, how will your thoughts be? Oh I’ve gotta see this!

(Hanru looks at Anne in her eyes and the two of them shed tears for one another as they both face death in their eyes. The wind all of a sudden picks up and lightning storms in the dark sky. Time itself begins to slow down as the two of them look each other in the eyes. After 12 seconds, time begins to speed up again.)

Hanru: I forgive you.

Anne: Maybe I don’t deserve forgiveness.

Hanru: I can’t be mad at you for this… (Sniffs) I told you the truth; I warned you and you just didn’t listen to me. But it doesn’t matter. Whether you believed me or not, the deed has already been done.

Anne: I’m sorry… (Sniffs) I’m so sorry. I wish I could take it all back.

(Hanru and Anne press their foreheads together. She is slowly able to raise her hand and place it on Hanru’s cheek ever so gently. She rubs her thumb against his face and closes her eyes. Hanru closes his as well. After a few seconds they both open and separate their foreheads.)

Hanru: You have to understand this isn’t easy for me to deal with.

Anne: (Whispers) I know…

Hanru: What you did isn’t important right now… No matter how much wrong you did in this life and no matter how must pain and misery you caused others to have. Here in the end, you are sorry for it. And right now what’s important is that you’re no longer amongst the living. This is it for you. You’re crossing over into something else. And despite what you’ve done to me and to my uncle, and to my family, you have no more room for hated feelings. Wherever you go now I can’t follow, but if by some miracle you are reincarnated, or if your soul goes someplace unfamiliar or unhappy, I want you to know that you were always loved… Look me in my eyes… and I mean deep into my very soul. And just know that despite all the wrong things you have done, you are still loved and accepted and forgiven by me.

(Hanru tightly embraces Anne and cries as he buries his face into her shoulders. She rubs Hanru’s hair and comforts him.)

Anne: Thank you. I will never forget this moment. If I die and if I don’t remember even one thing from this life, the love you’ve given me here tonight will always stay with me. My soul will never forget this…

(Hanru turns, shakes, and slightly turns his head over to witness Anne’s lifeless eyes fading away. The wind continues to pick up more and more. Thunder lightly roars in the sky. The hard sounds of leaves smashing together surrounds the area.)

Janie: I won’t let my sister die alone!

(A gunshot can be heard. Janie’s brains are all over the car.)

Oliver: She wouldn’t have been able to bounce back mentally after that…

Hanru: There’s too much death…

Oliver: Yeah, kid. I know… I know how you’re feeling. This is a cold and dark moment, my friend.

Hanru: I’m done. I’m done with death and I’m done with life. For too long I’ve been avoiding the truth. Deep down I feel I am a killer. It’s only right I kill people who deserve to die. It’s only right I kill people like you! Who take pride and pleasure in hurting people and even taking away their ability to hurt!

Oliver: So you’re going to kill me now, huh?

(Hanru point his pistol at Oliver.)

Hanru: I am. I can’t deny myself anymore. I can’t deny who I really am. Life is too precious to be cut short and defiled by physically manifested demons like you! I will no longer allow death to happen if I have the opportunity to prevent it! You being alive simply causes more pain than happiness.

(Oliver just smiles and laughs as he sits beside Janie’s body.)

Oliver: Oh man, Jason really has created a monster.

Hanru: Satisfaction is the death of desire… By killing you, I’ll be satisfied, but my desire for wanting you dead will eventually seep in…

(Hanru begins shaking.)

Hanru: If I kill you, I know I’ll regret it, but…

(Hanru pulls the trigger, but the bullet gets jammed. He pulls it three more times but nothing happens.)

Oliver: Wow, kid… You were actually going to do it… You actually had it in you to kill me… Wow…

Hanru: Unfortunately, I did. But fortunately, it didn’t happen.

(Oliver’s chest is blown out and his blood splatters all over Hanru.)

Hanru Narrating: I’ve always revolved around death. All my life I’ve been depressed. I’ve always wondered about my eternal fate. I always wondered about my purity and how I would look in the eyes of God.

(Hanru gently places Anne’s body in the center grave.)

Hanru Narrating: Will I be accepted by him or even loved by him? While I’m here in life, I want to be as pure as I can be and I want to live a good life and be happy. But what I realize is life is limited. Our time here on earth is limited. But once we go, we’re gone, and there’s no returning to the life we build. I never knew how deep the impact of those words “life is short” could go. The significance those words define are somewhat unknown by someone who hasn’t truly gone through such a traumatic experience revolving those words. I feel I need to embrace life. Experiencing life to the fullest is something I understand now. But despite all of that. I wish to embrace my own happiness. I choose to embrace the very things which make me happy. No matter how much you may think you know or understand life, or death, or spirituality, you never truly understand until you’ve actually experienced these things. I see why people say experience as much of life as you possibly can. I will experience life the way I want to, but I will always remain true to myself. Maybe I will at some points lose sight of myself and who I really am but I know that I have a big heart and I have lots of love to give. That love may be my weakness but it is also my greatest strength in life. I’m not afraid to embrace love; I’m not afraid to share love. I feel love is the right thing, and as long as I accept my ability to love, I feel no matter how lost in the dark I may be, love will always be with me and guide me back to the right path. This love is my light. And I never wanna lose it. This love is my faith, this love is my strength, this love is my life, and life is eternal. My love is eternal…

(Hanru buries the two sisters together in one grave and Oliver in the empty one on the side. He says a prayer and leaves on his way. Timothy meets up with him and takes him back to the motel. He and Debbie finally make eye-contact. She runs up to Hanru and gives him a huge hug. The two of them both sit on the bed and talk privately. Actually they look up and see Timothy smoking a cigar and sitting in the bed right in front of them.)

Debbie: Do you mind if we have a little privacy?

Timothy: I paid for this room! I paid for the rights to be present during any privacy moment which happens to happen here!

Debbie: Please…?

Timothy: Ah! You and you darn emotions; fine! I’ll go sit on the porch. (Walks outside)

Debbie: (Smiles) I’m glad you’re finally here. I see you’re
Covered in paint.

Hanru: Oh no, it’s just blood.

Debbie: Ooohhh…. Kay…?

Hanru: Debbie, I love you. (Holds her hand) I love you so much. You’re a woman who’s not afraid to be herself and you’re not afraid to be the natural you.

Debbie: (Embarrassed) Well, honestly, It’s not that I like being natural, I just well… you know… Don’t make me say it.

Hanru: Yeah, I know. Despite what you do in Las Vegas, you’re still loved by me.

Debbie: I’m so glad you accept me.

Hanru: You love me so much because of how I make you feel- because I accept you for who you are. Sometimes it’s not what a guy makes you feel, sometimes it’s what you and another person can do for each other. Now I know that’s not the best advice to give, it’s probably horribly advice, but Debbie, I want you to find a good guy. I want you to find someone who you can provide for and who can provide for you.

Debbie: But I don’t want that. Most girls don’t want that. (Scoots closer to Hanru) Please, Hanru, I want you. I can be whatever girl you need me to be; all I ask in return is just you continue being you. You continue being the sweet monkey man I’ve grown attached to and love. (Hugs Hanru tightly) Is this really the end? (Stops hugging.

Hanru: There’s always the future, Debbie. Remember, you always have a special place in my heart. I will always care for you dearly. Even if I find someone else; I will never forget you.

Debbie: Me too. I love you my cotton candy gumdrop.

Hanru: And I love you too, my sweet vanilla rose petals.

(Timothy walks back in.)

Timothy: Looks like LJ’s been trying to get ahold of me awhile. He has another contract for me so soon. Hmm.

(A few weeks later)

(A neighborhood of kids sled all through the snow and throw snowballs at one another. In a not-so-luxurious house, Ada is seen placing ornaments on the Christmas tree. She wears a sexy slime Santa outfit, Santa boots, and Christmas hat. She seems very excited.)

Ada: Alright, done!

Lee: (Sitting on the couch) All thanks to us! If it wasn’t for our excellent taste in décor, your Christmas tree would be very unattractive.

Jessica: Don’t be so rude, Lee. She decorated this entire house herself.

Lee: Yeah, with our supervision! I bet you if the three of us weren’t here, that place wouldn’t look half as sexy as it does now. Everyone knows the advisors are the once who do all the work.

Jessica: That must be your nickname for all the girls you sleep with.

Lee: Oh haha; I’m a last lover.

Hanru: UH, guys…

Ada: No, no, Hanru. It’s perfectly okay. I am moving on now. It’s time for me to start a new chapter in my dating life! I am optimistic and ready for whatever man comes my way.

Lee: I always like the older ladies; I can always cum your way.

Jessica: And there you go with your inappropriate comments again. Apologize for being rude.

Lee: Okay, (Says to Ada) I’m sorry for being disrespectful in your house.

Ada: It’s okay, Lee; just try and tune down the dirty jokes a bit.

Lee: Yes, ok; I’ll try to tune my penis down.

Jessica: (Annoyed) Oh wow…

Lee: (Accidentally thinks out loud) Hey… You must know karate cause your body is kickin’! (Snaps out of it) No, hey! Okay so do you guys remember a long time ago when me and that 30 something year old doctor hooked up.

Jessica: Yeah you mean Nicky?

Lee: Well… turns out my love nectar has pollinated her flowers.

Jessica: Speak English please.

Hanru: Lee: age 21 has gotten Nicky: age 30 something, pregnant.

Jessica: Oh man! Wow! That’s pretty scary.

Lee: Why because I’m going to be the brother-in-law of Kaito Zonoda?

Jessica: No, because she has your seed inside her. That poor, poor, woman.

Lee: This baby is going to interfere with my serious love-making time. (Winks at Jessica) I’m pretty good at what I do, ya know.

Jessica: Being a man whore?!

Lee: (Nervously laughs) Yeah actually.

Hanru: Well congratulations man! (Hugs Lee) You’re gonna be a daddy!

Ada: Sorry, but did you just say you’re going to have a baby?

Jessica: Unfortunately, yes. (Chuckles)

Ada: Well, I hope you have room for some more good news, because so am I!

Jessica: (Excited) You’re having a baby too?!

Ada: Yes! I guess Leo’s seed made it through after all. He’s the only man I’ve been with. Unlike you, Jessica.

Jessica: Hey!

(Ada and Jessica start laughing.)

Jessica: I’m only joking with you!

(Hanru leaves his house and walks down the street smiling with his hands in his pockets. He looks at the laughter of the children and the decorations in all the yards; except for one on his block. The grumpy old lady gives him a dirty look. He just smiles at her and continues walking.)

Hanru Narrating: I don’t really like babies. I can understand the idea of babies- the beginning of new life, but what I don’t like is the fact that these innocent and vulnerable creatures have to experience the downsides of life. I’m still learning to enjoy the good things in life, but sometimes when I know they won’t last, that happiness fades away. I suppose I still have some growing up to do. God, I hope you’re proud of me. I hope you’re looking down at me; happy that I’m trying to enjoy the good things in life. Ada, my friends, and I, have all decided to move together out of state. Too much history in Miami, but I have a feeling, Ada would want to give birth in the same hospital where my uncle was so many times. Erika, Henry, and Justin. I suppose they’re all still doing their thing. Of course Justin quit the police force. He said that one day police will be that slavers of the world and he doesn’t want to be a part of such a thing. So he quit his job and moved on to something else. Who knows what? After Oliver died and disappeared from his life, Henry decided to live his life as a free man. Although when it came to that flashdrive hidden in my sword I didn’t know about, he kept it safe, but never watched it. At least I don’t think he did. I miss everyone. Everyone must learn to embrace life and enjoy the simple pleasures. Everyone must face and embrace their true selves and their true desires. I know I am… I must learn, Love, acceptance, and faith…

[END OF VOLUME THREE]