Status: Active

Hanru Sazuki

Hanru Sazuki Volume Five Chapter Forty-Seven: Redemption (Spring 2014)

(Hanru's home- Midnight)

(The neighborhood is silent; not a soul can be seen; not a peep can be heard. The streets are empty and the soft sounds of the blowing wind begins to pick up. The small dying flowers in a small yard withers back and forth from the wind. The front of Hanru's home is seen and crickets begin to fill the night air with beautiful music. Following the beautiful moving music is the sound of a evil deep roaring emerging from the shadows; becoming louder and louder as it comes closer and closer to Hanru's home. A black Cadillac escalade SUV drives through Hanru's lawn aggressively and stops. Out of the vehicle comes Jack Gustavo holding an assault rifle. He boldly walks across the lawn toward Hanru's front door. He walks right in and as he walks into the living room, the door slams behind him and a black pistol is pressed against the back of his head.)

Ada: I've gunned down a woman standing right in this spot not too long ago; you give me a reason to shoot and make no mistake thinking I won't repaint the walls with your brains.

Jack: Ooh, you're a fiery one. If I wasn't an honest man this situation would be going in a much different direction.

Ada: Hm, well I appreciate your admiration of dangerous women. Put your gun down and let's take a seat.

(Ada guides Jack to the couch and the lamps are turned on in the living room and Hanru casually sits on the chair beside the couch with his right leg resting over his left knee. Jack coughs.)

Hanru: To be the leader of a large powerful empire, you sure do lack security.

Jack: Like I said; I'm normal. I may be rich and own many properties and businesses, but overall I am only a man.

Hanru: So you feel there's nothing special about you to protect?

Jack: What is this, a therapy session?

Hanru: It can be. It's never too late to reflect on your issues and try moving on from issues you never even knew you had.

Jack: No thanks; I have a wife who gives me everything I need.

Hanru: If that's true, then why aren't you satisfied with yourself?

Jack: Who says I'm not happy? What are you, a mind reader?

Hanru: Obviously not because I still cannot figure out why you kept me around for so long, just to use me as a scapegoat for a job and then come to my house to, I'm sure, kill me. What do you want from me? Why won't you leave me alone?! How hard is that?!

Jack: (Sighs and gets comfortable) You want my honest answer?

(Jack leans forward and stares Hanru dead in his eyes to establish a mutual connection.)

Jack: I love treating you like my own little guinea pig. From the moment I met you face-to-face, I could've disposed of you and gotten away with it. But I figured why let you go to waste? I could mess with your head and manipulate and control you up until the moment I got bored of you. I wanted a little monkey to follow me around and do whatever I said. (Breaks eye-contact and sits back)

Hanru: You wanted to created something from yourself out of me. Obviously you had some intention of manifesting your traits in me by planting seeds and watching them grow, so you could look at me as a reflection of yourself.

(Jack just sits quietly staring at Hanru.)

Hanru: You see, it's easy to look at other people and figure out their issues when you're on the outside looking in, but as individuals, it can be extremely difficult for us to expose our own issues and deal with them. I'm guessing you were instilling yourself in me in hopes of exposing yourself through me and maybe passing judgment on how you view yourself and maybe even accepting who you are. Why that matters to you is beyond me.

Jack: Whether you're wrong or right, why does it matter in this moment? Are you attempting to send me down this emotional trip before you dispose of me for using you as a scapegoat?

Hanru: Let me tell you something about me- growing up I was the loser. My little gang of friends got together and purposely planned to invite me swimming just suggest a game of marco pollo and hold my head underwater. They did this a few times before I finally got fed up and left. I thought it was strange they did something nice to me. I was a kid and once I borrowed a friend's bike. A woman and her boyfriend were following us on the street and robbed us- I guess... We were all together one moment and in the blink of an eye, they disappeared. It was inhumanly possible how my friends just disappeared and were nowhere to be found and the woman walked up to me with a pistol pointed at my face! She robbed me for 30 cent, a 5 pack of Spearmint gum, and my Gameboy Advanced SP. As she was robbing me, my friend Henry ran up to us out of nowhere, grabbed his bike, and rode off. Who does that...? I got my Gameboy back but it was stolen about a year later in school. At that time I had a new gang of friends and they made up rumors to start fights between me and other people who were my so called friends. Once they planned to take me out to the mesa desert field and jumping me there to dump my body in a ditch. But I had one friend in that group who told our parents' and it never happened. My friends and even some of my family members (Twitches a bit) did horrible things to me growing up. I didn't have the luxury of choosing to have respectable nice friends in my life because if I didn't chose to have cruel friends, I wouldn't have any! Even to this day... I... (Avoiding getting emotional) Alright... You get the point. I try my best to be me and despite all that pain I've felt growing up, all I can do now is forgive those people who have done hurtful things to me.

Jack: So you told me all of these things, just to say you forgive me? Tch... Ah... man...

Hanru: You're a criminal. I'm sure you've been through a lot; your heart is shaded by your history. Do you really have any reason to care about me or my well-being? You were scared for getting caught and you did what you had to, to save yourself. I understand why you were willing to throw me under the bus, or in this case, under the security guard. As far as I care, you're still a friend to me.

(Jack nods and coughs twice.)

Hanru: (Remains silent for a few seconds and collect his thoughts) You're sick, aren't you? You were instilling your personality into me so that you could reflect on yourself as a man and manifest something from yourself, before you died...

Jack: I'm a man of great evil and darkness. I took you on jobs and showed you disturbing things because I wanted to corrupt the innocence that was within you when we first met.

(Hanru presses his fingers across his forehead and listens.)

Jack: (Smiles) I wanted to train you to be like me because in my world, I don't believe in innocence. So I tried to corrupt you and show you the truth about life. I already planned to kill you... but then you caught me off guard with one comment and that one comment is what kept my interest in you and it's the same reason why you're still alive today.

Hanru: Well you succeeded in your plan...

Jack: (Nods slowly) I know... Watching that poor woman murdered right before your eyes, really shattered something inside you. But in the process or breaking you down and trying to destroy your innocence, there have been times when you've actually... fixed my issues. I consider us kindred spirits because my darkness has traded off with some of your light. My wife has always kept me in line because I can be very emotional and illogical and I can get carried away sometimes and make some pretty ridiculous decisions. She says it's because I'm a Pisces. But she's right. I've always felt broken my entire life and all I've ever focused on was how I could make myself whole. I dedicated my life to doing this. And when I met Svetlana, I knew she would be the one to really help me and guide me to happiness. Originally I was so desperate, I went to God, and hoped he'd take it away but in the end it was Sveti who came to me.

Hanru: Maybe he delivered Sveti to you when you needed her most.

Jack: I don't believe that. I don't believe in any of that stuff, I was just desperate at the time.

Hanru: Yeah. I get that.

Jack: My life is good... but there are still areas in my life that aren't quite repaired.

Hanru: I guess this did end up being a therapy session.

Jack: So what now?

Hanru: Now I know why you kept me around, but what's going on with your sickness?

Jack: A disease in my lungs. I'm gonna die within a couple months.

Hanru: So that's explains why you're so carefree.

Jack: So are you gonna put me out of my misery?

Hanru: Do you want me to?

Jack: Would you really do it?

Hanru: Not now. Maybe after I've seen you suffering on your deathbed, I would.

Jack: I know you're lying, kid, but thanks for the comforting thought.

Hanru: We should head back to your house now. I can tell you need your wife right now and I need to speak to Casey.

Jack: (Shrugs) Fine. We'll go pick up your friend and we'll go our separate ways.

(Jack's house)

(Jack and Hanru make it to Jack's house but the yard is trashed with mud and tire marks, the doors are bent and broken in the doorways, the walls have large holes in them and the windows are shattered. Jack and Hanru quickly rush into the house and see Stevi lying on the floor smoking a cigarette and holding her bleeding stomach beside 5 male corpses.)

Jack: You know those will kill you?

Sveti: What the guards or the cigarettes?

Jack: What happened here? (Takes cigarette out of her mouth)

Sveti: It's not obvious? These men came in and shot up the house. A couple of them ran in here and I handled them. I walked outside and stupidly got shot by the man sitting in the car. I saw his face before he drove off and I'll have you know our new friend is an old friend from Venice.

Jack: What?!

Sveti: I didn't know we still had enemies from the Italy.

Jack: I have enemies; you have nothing to do with this.

Sveti: I have everything to do with this; you are my husband. I took a vow to always have your back but also correct you for when you are wrong and need some guidance in certain areas.

Jack: (Takes a deep breath) I don't want you hurt.

Sveti: I don't want you hurt, but this lifestyle we live is dangerous and all we can do is cherish these moments together as long as we can because at any moment, one of us could end up dead in an instant.

(Sveti tries to quickly stand while enduring the pain in the side of her stomach. She quickly approaches her husband, knowing he's about to breakdown with emotion. She tightly hugs him with one arm and rubs the back of his head.)

Stevi: I know you don't like hearing it, sweetie, I know, but it is the truth. I could've died tonight and you wouldn't have ever known who it was or why it happened.

Jack: Ah... I love you so much.

Hanru: (Thinking) All of a sudden he turns into a big softy?

Sveti: (Stops hugging and takes cigarette from Jack) Why is the boy still here?

Jack: He's here for his friend. I've decided to let him go.

Sveti: What are you crazy- (Bends down, picks up a pistol from one of the corpses and points it at Hanru.) he knows too much.

Jack: No, Sveti. I know you're only looking out for me and you're fired up but remember your exercises. Take a deep breath.

(Jack helps lead Sveti into 3 long deep breaths to calm her down. She drops the gun.)

Sveti: Thank you, husband. I apologize, Hanru.

Hanru: It's okay; I'm about used to it at this point.

Sveti: Your friend is fine. He's in the back with Dalton. You can get him and be on your way.

Hanru: (Thinking) Don't do it. (Out loud) Actually... (Thinking) Stop. (Out loud) I was thinking... (Thinking) What are you doing...?! (Out loud) Maybe I can stay and help Jack get the guy who did this. (Thinking) Dang it!

Sveti: Get out of here, kid. Please, don't be stupid.

Hanru: Too late for that. My life is full of stupid choices and by some miracle, I'm still alive. If my luck is gonna always be pressed, it might as well be on purpose for once. Jack, I'm gonna help you get through this, but in return, you promise to leave me alone for good.

Jack: We'll see what happens, okay?

Casey: (Standing 10 feet behind Hanru) Count me in too. Homie, I got your back on this. I'm pretty sure that leech of a nephew Dalton is in too.

Hanru: Alright, so we got our crew. With the 5 of us, we can get this done with no problem.

(Later that night, Casey is seen standing out on the balcony of a motel room with a young brunette girl around his age. Hanru walks out of the second-floor room and stands under the dimmed bright blue light overhead overhearing the conversation between the two.)

Girl: You know my uncle won't be too happy seeing us together like this? Maybe we should just hold off on this for now.

Casey: Being a conspiracy theorist, I know you like to look at the world as a whole and know the truths and consequences of things, but always looking down on the world and trying to figure out everything can sometimes deprive you of experiencing life's joys. Reality is somewhat depressing and gray, but optimism, for some people, is the key to not letting the negatives drag us down.

Girl: (Smirks) Yeah, smiling in the darkness; that's what you call it, right?

Casey: Yes...

Girl: Well if more people were like me, this world wouldn't have darkness to smile through. People are just so stupid, and this is stupid. (Sighs) Casey, I'm sorry, but these feelings we have for each other won't produce anything good and this needs to end now.

(Casey scoots closer to her and interlocks his fingers with hers. He then looks into her eyes and displays a small smile.)

Casey: Sometimes living in the moment is more progressive than working toward what you already see at the end of the rainbow.

(She kisses Casey and holds the kiss for 4 seconds.)

Girl: Bye, Casey. (Walks away)

(She crosses her arms to shield herself from the cold and walks away pass Hanru. Hanru walks up to Casey as Casey leans up against the cold metal bar staring out into the street.)

Hanru: Looks like someone's having girl problems.

Casey: (Remains silent for 7 seconds, and then turns to Hanru) Why are you still here, man? Life is something that should be cherished and you seem to be taking your life for granted.

Hanru: Why are you still here? You have a girlfriend and a home to go to, yet you've decided to stay here to assure I don't get myself hurt.

Casey: I was buried alive for... I don't know how long, but when I resurfaced, I... wasn't the same. I feel so numb and so dead, and life doesn't even feel the same for me. My brain had lack of oxygen and it still hasn't recovered the same way. Right now I just feel so light. I feel as if all my problems and pressures have been lifted off me and I'm just a feather blowing through the winds of life. I don't care about anything, life itself just feels like an illusion and without the simplicities of primal human instinct, I realize that most problems and issues we as humans have only exist because of the way we think. From the very creation of our fetal forms, the fabric of earthly problematic solution is instilled within us, but our surroundings clog our ability to access the answers to all mysteries. Unfortunately, we all have two sides to who we are: Who we really are deep inside, and who we become and work to become through our experiences. I mean even our zodiac signs affect how we think and view life and those traits are giving to us before birth. A physical body limits the true potential of the energy source directed into it and it gives it guidance. Dogs, humans, cats, insects, heck even trees, all have one thing in common: Life- They are living organisms, but the only thing that diversifies all these things, are that they have different physical bodies. My point is... that problems only have as much power as we let them have over us. I'm sick of worrying all the time. I don't have the energy for it anymore.

Hanru: You're pretty depressing right now; you know that?

(The two of them chuckle.)

Hanru: But, I get what you're saying. I wish life was as easy as it sounds... If that makes any sense.

Casey: I've never really been one to admit to anyone or even to myself that maybe I believe in a God, but I'm sick of this subject being a debate or an argument. I have my own issues and I chose to talk to and believe in a being that existed within me and whether he's real or not doesn't matter because believing in him helped make my life better and helped better me as a person. I'm not a Christian and I'm not religious, but I have my very own relationship with him. Scientist even proved that everything in the world originated from one tiny particle that eventually evolved into an infinite number of unlimited molecules that created existence.

Hanru: I guess.

Casey: Yeah... It's amazing how people put their faith in science to an extent, but if science gets to be too massive or it starts to support God's existence, people disbelieve in science. Do you believe in science, Hanru?

Hanru: (Sighs) You really wanna get into this right now with me?

Casey: I think people redirect their idea of what they think science is into a form of faith and that faith rest in the idea that science is always secure and disproves anything that seems too complex or too hard to believe or that conflicts with our own personal understanding. How many people say they believe in science, yet, know nothing about it or its capabilities? How many people say they are philosophers of life, yet, only follow and repeat what they hear other "intelligent" people say and feel they can relate to through scientific understanding? How many scientist and college professors feel they are intelligent because they quote other historians from the past and understand what is already known? No one's really different, are they? We're all just stuck in the same loop holding hands and going in circles with the same understanding, and almost everyone comes to the same conclusion, don't they? You ask someone about the world, and the deeper you go into the conversation, it's most of the time gonna lead to the same exact conclusions.

Hanru: Why are you telling all this?

Casey: (Hugs Hanru) I don't know, man. I don't know... (Walks away)

(Holly's house)

(Late into the night, Holly is seen sneaking into the front door of her house. Her alarm panel begins to beep; warning her of a 10 second delay before setting off the system. She quickly tip-toes to the alarm and puts in the passcode to turn it off. As she turns around in relief, she sees Jake standing behind her with a huge charming smile on his face.)

Holly: (Chuckles) Oh my gosh, what are you doing? Get outta here before my parents see you.

Jake: Oh come on; invite me up to your room- that's what a polite host would do.

Holly: Yeah, well a polite guest would wait intil he's invited in before walking into somebody's house. (Gently pushing him toward the front door) Get out.

Jake: Okay, no need to get aggressive, babe.

(Holly pushes Jake out onto the porch. Jake continues to smile and laugh but Holly just stares back and forth into his eyes with an unsettling look on her face. She lets out a big sigh after about 7 seconds.)

Jake: Uh-oh...

Holly: Jake, we should stop seeing each other.

Jake: (Crosses his arms) Guess I did something wrong?

Holly: You're a bad influence for me. Look at me sneaking into my own house after curfew. My parents give me a time to be in the house for a reason.

Jake: But you're over 18-

Holly: It doesn't matter. All they wanna do is protect me and I know you're a nice guy and all but we both know you're gonna get me into trouble at some point. So I've gotta end things now. And we both know-

Jake: (Goes in for a hug and whispers) Come here...

Holly: No! (Pushes him away) We both know you only want me for sex.

Jake: Okay, you know what, that is not entire true. You asked me to be truthful the first time we met so I'm giving you nothing but honesty- I enjoy spending time with you actually.

Holly: (Rolls her eyes and crosses her arms) Oh-

Jake: But I'm not saying that having sex with you wasn't on my radar. But for you I can wait. I'm willing to make that sacrifice... for you.

(Holly looks into his eyes for a few seconds in an attempt to search his soul for the truth.)

Holly: Either way, it's a bad idea to keep seeing you.

Jake: Wait. (Sighs and pinches the top of his nose) I'm sorry; okay? My intent is not to get you in trouble at all. I do respect you, Holly. And I am sorry; all I wanted to do was show you that there's more to life and I wanted you to be free.

Holly: I have too many hopes and dreams in my head for the future already, Jake. I don't need freedom; I need someone to help shut off my mind and guide me toward a stable; realistic future. (Cuts off Jake) And don't you say you can be those things for me! Just leave me alone, please.

Jake: Fine. Goodnight. (Walks away)

(Holly closes the door and leans her back against it as she tries to make peace of what just happened. She locks the door, turns on the living room light, and sits on the couch covering her face with her palms. In her PJ's, her big sister Tsuki sits beside her and gives her a warm hug.)

Tsuki: Someone looks like they need an open box of chocolate and an open ear.

(Holly looks up at her and Tsuki smiles while rubbing Holly's back.)

Tsuki: You okay?

Holly: Yeah... I'm sorry you had to hear my drama at the door.

Tsuki: What drama? Did you just get in?! (Sniffs Holly) Yeah, you smell like boy.

Holly: He is a sweet guy.

Tsuki: That's what every girl says about the boys they think are cute.

Holly: You know I actually wanted to invite him up to my room tonight. I even shaved.

Tsuki: Huh, well I'll tell you right now, sometimes it's not worth shaving for a guy. I mean sure, it's nice to maybe glamour yourself up a bit for someone who you care about; whether you be guy or girl. But just don't feel like you have to shave.

Holly: What about being accepted for who I am and feeling comfortable in my own body and all that?

Tsuki: (Takes a deep breath) After reading The Bible and studying society, I've learned that it doesn't matter whether or not something is right or wrong; people will always believe in what they want and live by their own understandings. Sometimes making sacrifices for other people is what's best over all, but only through the grounds of self-righteousness and self-respect do we feel as if our personal understanding is justifiable.

Holly: (Sighs and cracks a smile) Thanks for being my sister; although sometimes I don't always understand what you say.

(Tsuki squeezes Holly's hand.)

Tsuki: So, do you like this boy a lot?

Holly: I do, I just don't want him getting me into any trouble. I know relationships are pretty important, but I just don't want to destroy myself in the process.

Tsuki: Sometimes we seek relationships because we feel there is a void inside us and we use others to fill those voids. Maybe relationships should be about two individuals coming together to create a new form of love. I mean LJ and Janet both had expectations for what they wanted one another to fulfil and once they couldn't fulfil those few things, those expectations became disappontments and now the two of them are screaming at each other and fighting all the time.

Holly: (Looks away) I liked Jake because he was mysterious, yet honest and always funny, and always provided something new for me, and knew how to make me smile.

Tsuki: But then you got to know the real him and once the mysterious side of him was no more, you lost interest, didn't you; and now you feel as if he's a burden cause he doesn't excite you anymore and now you can't stand the thought of him?

Holly: Well, no...

Tsuki: Eventualy, you will.

Holly: I ended things with him tonight, cause... Well... I guess because he's charming phisique vanished and now... I'm just making excuses for myself why I really don't want to see him anymore... Wow, I'm so selfish and self-absorbed.

Tsuki: Yep. But what are you gonna do? You can either accept your selfishness, or you can choose to change if you don't like it.

Holly: I don't want to be selfish, I mean I know it's bad.

Tsuki: Then don't be, and work on being more giving toward others without expecting anything in return. It's a lot easier said than done. (Slaps Holly's knee three times and smiles) Now I'm gonna go eat some left over cake and roll my fat booty to bed. (Quickly stands up and leaves toward the kitchen)

(Hanru's House, the next morning)

(Jessica walks up the stairs leading to Hanru's front porch. She rings the doorbell and Ada answers a few seconds later.)

Ada: Hey; what a surprise. Good morning.

Jessica: Hi, Ada. Is Hanru here? I've been calling his phone all day and he doesn't answer.

Ada: (Takes a deep breath) Hanru is a very troubled kid, Jessica. I love him with the best of my strength, but who am I to mother him?

Jessica: Is he involved with bad people?

Ada: (Hesitant) He is. He and I will be moving to Chicago soon. I have a few buyers for the house.

Jessica: How much is the rent?

Ada: Of course I can't get the full amount of what the house is worth, but I'll lower the rent cost for that reason.

Jessica: I know someone who really needs a place to stay. She is struggling with money, so low rent would be good for her.

Ada: Who is she? Maybe I'll consider her.

(Therapist's Office)

(Erika is seen nervously tapping on the short wooden coffee table in front of her with her index finger. Her therapist, Evelyn Mercer, just sits quietly with her legs crossed observing Erika's behavior.)

Evelyn: It's apparent that a much deeper issue is troubling you other than your decision to retire early.

Erika: (Glares at Evelyn for 3 seconds and then stops tapping) You told me that life is about progress and growth and sometimes growth can only happen when you do something out of your own character. Well I was spontaneous and I became friends with a random woman and things seemed fine at first but now reality hit: Who is this random woman and why the heck am I playing lovey-dovey besties with her? She's done nothing for me. I don't know, Doctor, I'm not saying you're method doesn't work; I'm saying it doesn't work for me. It's hard living out of my comfort zone.

Evelyn: So then why have a comfort zone at all if it prevents you from accessing the potential that will someday mold you into the woman you were always meant to be or the woman you want to be?

Erika: I used to think life was about getting stronger and always moving forward and progressing, but it's a lot easier said than done.

Evelyn: So you're just giving up?

Erika: I really do enjoy hanging out with this new friend, but at the same time my self-ambitous side is telling me to stop talking to her because she cannot benefit me in anyway. I mean is that the sacrifice of self-righteousness- hurting those around you and using them for your own personal gain? I want to fix my broken self become all I can be, but why do I feel this way?

Evelyn: It's a natural human function. We all desire happiness; it's human nature; you can't control human nature.

Erika: Says who? What if I don't want to accept myself for my methods of trying to find happiness? If happiness is achieved at the expense of hurting other people than why even want to be happy? Happiness is so darn hard to achieve, especially for women, but it only lasts a moment!

Evelyn: Well... Woman are creatures of desire. We are not only desired by others, but we desire in our own ways. As we've said in earlier discussions, lust is something that affects males and females in pretty much the same way, just expressed differently. Women envy other woman and want to become them; men desire women on a more sexual level. A woman can become consumed by the energy of other women, where men have the urge to release this energy because not being a female grants them immunity from being consumed. I'm curious; what is your issue with females? Do you regret being one, does it go back to your mother or maybe your father, or... Oliver Rayne?

Erika: (Takes a deep breath) I don't know. (Covers face with both hands) I just don't know. I have no clue what my issues are. (Lowers hands) Maybe I just want an excuse to complain because I'm so unhappy about other stuff in my life.

Evelyn: Like what?

Erika: Everything! I'm sick of not being able to see my son or even build up the heart to look into his eyes and see the pain in him of knowing his mother abandoned him, or worse- maybe he's happy with the family who adopted him and I'm nothing more than a stranger to him! I really hate my job and I'm upset because I feel as if I've wasted years of my life! I can't control my life and it infuriates me!

Evelyn: (Sighs) Well we've talked about your family quite a bit. Maybe it's time you face your fear and made-up with them. Maybe that's what's holding you back. Sometimes our pain remains dormant so deep within us, that it becomes us and hides behind other issues we think we have, so that way, we wouldn't have to face the cold hard truth. Usually the people who dwell in their own misery, truly understand themselves, but those who fight to become strong will only bury their demons inside. You stand on your demons and use them to make yourself feel more superior but in reality, those demons are not dealt with, and as long as you're not focused on them, they're focused on you. There is a reason why these demons come to us. And if they're strengthening you without being properly dealt with, then you gotta ask why are they still lurking? My advice to you now is to do what you feel needs to be done, but I suggest separating yourself from the expectation you burden yourself with.

Erika: Expectations?

Evelyn: You seem to have a lot of pride in yourself and you feel you can do anything. With that kind of mentality, nothing good can come from it, especially from an Aries. Normally I wouldn't bring that up, but you and I have an understanding.

Erika: Yes, I have a lot of pride in myself; so what?

Evelyn: "So what" is the reason you're sitting in my office right now. Kill that pride and learn to accept things the way they are.

(Diner, later that day)

(Erika is seen starring out the window sipping on a cup of tea, until Janet shows up and sits in the booth across from Erika gittery and nervous and she looks very unclean. her hair is unbrushed and tangled, and her cheap clothing have food stains on them.)

Janet: What up, sweetness?

Erika: You look like garbage.

Janet: (Defensive) Yeah, well you're no Miss America yourself! If you were a toilet paper brand, I wouldn't wipe my butt with you!

Erika: This is weird. I don't think us being friends is gonna work out.

Janet: Oh... (Giggles) Are you coming onto me? (Leans in closer to Erika and looks her in the eyes) I could get into that.

Erika: Eww, no. You're sick! You need help.

(A very cute red-head walks past their table and waves hi to the two of them.)

Charlie: (Waves and continues to walk) Hi! (Giggles)

Erika: Look, I can see it in your... skin- you're not getting better anytime soon. I thought I had an addiction to booze, but you obviously proved I was only a baby addict compared to you. I'm trying to better myself and I can't have you involved in it. I just feel we'd hold each other back.

Janet: (Gribs her hair and holds it over her shoulder as she takes in the situation for a few seconds) Do you wanna leave me because I'm sick...? (Slightly desperate) Cause I can change. I... totally can turn myself around. And-and.

Erika: Just listen to yourself. (Shakes her head) Those were the same excuses I would give myself back when I had a problem. If I wanted to deal with an addiction, I would have never sought help. Now you need to do the same; without me. I'm sorry. (Get's up and walks away)

(Janet is left with a sense of anxiety consuming her. The cute red-head woman Charlie sits across from Janet in the same booth.)

Charlie: Wow, that was pretty rough. (Hands Janet a napkin to wipe her face)

Janet: (Wipes tear from her eye) Thank you.

Charlie: (Smiles gracefully) My name's Charlie. It's nice meeting you.

Janet: No offense, Charlie, but I was only joking about getting into the lesbian thing. If you're looking to take advantage; you're sniffing at the wrong vag.

Charlie: (Chuckles) Actually I'm only in town visiting some family. I'm a nomad kind of girl- traveling from state-to-state checking out all the small business diners. Guess it's just my passion. (Examines Janet for a few more seconds and then rests her palm on Janet's hand) I've helped many people get through their additions and believe me when I say, beating this thing is a lot easier when you got a partner supporting you. I'm sure you've got family. You need to go to them and tell them about your addiction.

(Janet just leaves without saying a word.)

(LJ's home)

(A young cocky black male enters LJ's home after being invited in. LJ closes the door behind him and the two of them sit in the kitchen area. The young man known as Otis stares at LJ with a confident grin on his face.)

LJ: You got some fruity thoughts on your mind about me or something?

Otis: I know what you did for that kid. Don't think you can get one past ole Otis.

LJ: What is this, black male?

Otis: Nah. You see I got dirt on you now. And unless you want me to unload this ammo, I suggest you help me out with a little somethin'.

LJ: I obviously have no choice in this.

Otis: Nah; you don't. (Grins)

LJ: So I'm just gonna be your slave forever, huh.

Otis: Hey, you said it; not me.

(Motel room)

(Jack's niece walks into the motel room with Hanru and Casey with a terrified look on her face. She locks the door behind her in a hurry.)

Girl: I am so sorry! I am so, so sorry.

Casey: What?!

Girl: I didn't mean for this to happen; I really didn't.

Casey: What?!

Hanru: Cassy what's going on?

(The door is unlocked by a key and in comes Jack, Dalton, and Sveti holding pistols. Jack shoots Casey in the side of the stomach and Hanru in the side of his right thigh. Hanru falls to the ground but before he could let out a scream, Sveti very aggressively gets him in a choke hold and forces his mouth shut while she slightly stretches his neck back.)

Casey: No, Hanru; don't scream. Now is the time to stay calm and cooperative.

Jack: See, he gets it.

Dalton: Sorry, guys. If it were me, I would've shot you in vital spots and watched you bleed to death, but my uncle has other plans for you.

(The 5 of them are seen in a moving black van. Sveti is driving, Jack is in the passenger seat, and Dalton is sittin in the middle reading a book called "The Will to Survive" by "Harlen Harpell". A black and white picture of a caucasion man crossing his arms and starring at the reader is on the cover. On the front cover he stands with one foot on a wooden chair and the back cover, he's sitting down at his wooden desk with various objects on it.)

Sveti: You're doing the right thing, Jack. This boys means you no good. It's better this way.

Dalton: Yeah, Uncle Jack. He's a loser anyway. we need to just ditch him and move forward to better things.

(Dalton looks back into the metal window and sees Hanru and Casey sitting across from one another handcuffed to the benches. He closes the shutter so the two of them don't hear the conversation they're having.)

Hanru: I should've known it would come to this.

Casey: I think some part of you knew, but was too afraid of facing the truth.

Hanru: You don't deserve this, Casey. You were just beginning your life.

Casey: My life was over long ago after I was buried in that coffin. I'm just here along for the ride to make sure you make it through this situation alive, even if it kills me.

Hanru: Don't do this Casey. I did this; this is my responsibility; I should be the one looking out for you.

Casey: It's too late for all that, Hanru. (Cringes from the pain of the bullet wound) You gotta do whatever it takes to survive.

(Beach bar)

(Lee is seen laughing around a crowd of half-naked women at an open bar on the beach. After making the surrounding individuals burst out in colorful laughter, he reaches for a small shot glass on the table and drinks the entire thing in one big gulp. A blonde woman approaches behind him from behind and gives him a big smile.)

Nicky: Nice.

(Lee drops shot glass and faces Nicky.)

Bartender: This must be her? She's not half bad looking.

Nicky: Thank you; may I talk to the comedian in private, please? (Reaches hand out to Lee)

(Lee looks at Nicky's hand, and then her. He gets off the chair and walks outside of the hut and out onto the sand. Nicky follows.)

Nicky: What are you doing here?

Lee: Trying to have fun, but obviously you're having issues with that too.

Nicky: with that too?

Lee: Every time I try and have some fun or enjoy my life or my freedom, you always ruin it for me. I don't want you threatening my freedom anymore. I'm done with this... whatever this thing is between us. I don't want to have a baby with you, I don't wanna see you; I want nothing to do with you anymore so just leave me alone.

Nicky: Is that really how you feel? You think I take your freedom away?

Lee: Did you not hear everything I just said? Is that really all you heard?! Leave... me... alone.

Nicky: Lee, I don't wanna take your freedom away. All I want is you happy, but I also care about you and-

Lee: (Angered) And what?! You want to act like a mother to me and boss me around and tell me what to do?!be killed

Nicky: And I only want what's best for you, Lee.

Lee: (Covers his face and sighs) Why are you doing this? Why are you even here, Nicky? Just go.

Nicky: (Remains silent for 5 seconds) I lost her too. Never forget that. (Steps a bit closer to Lee) I'm not gonna stand here and beg you to come back home with me, Lee, because freedom is obviously important to you, and for a second, let's put aside the fact that we had a child that died before it was born, which I'm sure you blame me for, and let's focus on the other issues you're having with yourself and with me right now. You've been out having sex with random women and doing whatever it is you feel like it, and I love you to the point where I want to help guide you down the right path, but at the same time, I don't want to force you or be a mother to you, and I don't want you to have another excuse to blame me for why you feel trapped.

Lee: My child died before it was even brought into this world. I' have been on this Earth for 22 years. Maybe my life is overdue. Time; death... waits for no one. And I am... (Sighs in anger) I am scared. At anytime, I could end up dead. Everything I am could be reduced to nothing at anytime! Why shouldn't I have fun and live my life the way I want to before I'm gone, huh? I deserve to be free.

Nicky: But You're not truly free if you're constantly running from the root of your own problems. None of us can stop death from happening, so why let it control how we live? Why not just live life and enjoy what it has to offer? We all only get one life, so why not enjoy it? Lee, stop letting your fears control you. Accept life for what it is and just live as best you can and be happy. You say life is about doing what you love and doing what makes you happy, but in the end, where has it gotten you? You're losing your friends, you have no family, you confide in people who don't really care about you, you hurt the people around you who do care! You're so focused on what you have to lose, that you forget to enjoy while it's still here. Just accept the fact that you're gonna die and sure maybe do a few things that make you happy, and cross off a few things on your bucket list, but don't go crazy and put all these limitations on yourself because you're only gonna make yourself miserable and feel like a failure and feel empty inside. You're gonna be disappointed with life and disappointed in yourself. Accept it and move on. Just live life and don't focus on yourself because no one on this planet can be successful or grow without the wisdom, rivalry, challenges, helping hands, cruelty, or even compassion of other people! You are what you absorb from your atmosphere and surroundings. Stop trying to live life by your own standards because the only way to become strong is through the actions of other people building you up.

Lee: (Takes a deep breath and soaks in her word) I love you Nicky... But whether it be real or fake, what gives you the right to judge my pursuit of happiness? I sometimes see you praying when you're alone at night. Whether or not God is real, you don't see me trying to disprove him or preaching to other people about not believing him. Who am I to take away what gives you peace whether it be real or not? And why try and deprive other people from giving the idea of God a chance and finding some form or existent or nonexistent peace? You have to let me find my own peace, Nicky.

Nicky: (Lightly nods in understanding) Ok. I can understand that, Lee. But please understand me: I have made my choice and I will never leave your side. I will be here to support you as best I can without smothering you. You go do your own thing, but all I ask, is you don't manifest any drama between us.

Lee: Thank you, Nicky. And I really mean this when I say I love you and... always will.

Nicky: (Cracks a smile) I love you too, big boy.

(The two of them smile at each other and give one another eternal loving hugs.)

Nicky: I'll love you forever...

(Forest)

(Jack and his family drive through a large forest while Casey and Hanru remain in the back holding their bleeding bullet wounds.)

Casey: I've never been shot before, but I never thought it would feel like this. I feel really nauseous for some reason.

Hanru: (Chuckles) Just wait, you're gonna start looking more pale, feeling tired, and you'll be unable to perceive your own surroundings. It's starting to feel that way; like life is an illusion. It's like a feeling where suddenly you feel so at ease and all your pressures seem to go away. Then you start to reflect on your life and what was really important and what still is important even though you are about to die.

(Hanru notices Casey already turning pale and experiencing the effects.)

Casey: What's important to you, Hanru?

Hanru: (Smirks and thinks for a few seconds) I don't know... I guess I never really thought about it before until now. (Coughs) But honestly, if I were to die today, I don't think I would be too upset about leaving anything behind.

Casey: What about leaving anyone behind?

Hanru: I don't know...

Casey: You're an interesting person, Hanru. Not many people notice it but there is something special about you. You constantly question everything; even yourself and you play the field of both sides. No one really sees who you are, but I see who you are. We need more people in the world like you. Sometimes it's not enough to just know the truth; you have to feel it to understand it. Hanru... I'm glad I met you in my life time. (Offers Hanu his bloody hand)

(Hanru reaches his bloody hand out as well and the two of them clench each other's arm with their palms and hold it for 5 to 7 seconds.)

Casey: You promise me you stay strong, Hanru, okay?

Hanru: Staying strong isn't something I've been too good at. I've kinda just gone with the flow.

Casey: You can't let that stop you from finding who you really are. I've been given a second chance at life only to save yours I believe. I'm not going to make it. But I can, at the very lease, try and give you some time to get out of this situation alive.

Hanru: I can't let you do something like that, Casey. I'll never forgive myself.

Casey: I'm dead either way, man. Once I make my move, I want you to do whatever is necessary to survive. Let me ask you again- what do you feel is important in life?

Hanru: Maybe life itself.

Casey: Well then if that's your honest answer, then you should do all you can to reserve life for not only yourself but other people as well. I know it's not easy. You're emotionally shut down, emotionally drained, and mentally damaged in more ways than one. I know deep down you're just this fragile little boy, just looking for a safe place to crawl and hide to, but maybe life has more to offer you once you get pass those barriers.

Hanru: This can't be how it ends for you...

Casey: (Falling asleep) You'll be fine; just stay strong.

(Church)

(Inside of an empty church sanctuary enters Janet. She approaches the front row but comes to a sudden stop once she sees a man a little round her age sitting on the large steps of the large stage with his head bowed and his eyes closed. Janet nervously walks over to the isle in the front row and takes a seat. She takes a deep beath and begins to nervouly wipe her palms against her blue jeans repeatedly for about 7 seconds. She stops and looks at the blonde man on the stage starring at her with a blissful grin on his face. She tries to ignore him and looks away toward thr floor and closes her eyes. After a few seconds of emptiness, she looks up at the stage and sees the man has vanished. She quickly turns around and sees him sitting two feet behind her in the next isle smiling at her. Freaked out, she quickly scoots down the row away from him to makes a 5 foot gap.)

Shaun: You are plagued in darkness- as am I. I see it consuming you from within.

Janet: (Smirks at him) You're a weido. (Faces forward) Look I don't need you telling me what I already know. I just came here in hopes of... finding a second chance... or something; I don't know; shoot.

Shaun: What do you wanna know? I know you came here looking for answers, or A answer. What isn't obvious to me is what you've come here to question.

Jenet: I am scum of the earth. You have no idea how I treat my family, or what I think of them. I love them... but I ca- (Collects her thoughts and calms her emotions down) I can't stand to be around them sometimes. It's too hard for me to adapt to this new life. It's too hard... I don't know if heaven is real, or if God is real, but I know Hell is real; I've lived my life through it and I don't wanna be stuck there forever.

Shaun: So you wanna know if God is really real?

Janet: I wanna know I'm not hated or damned to go to hell because of my destructive lifestyle I can't get out of. I feel myself collapsing.

Shaun: Just accept him into your heart and you should be just fine.

Janet: (Shakes her head back and forth) There's no proof he's even real.

Shaun: (Shrugs) Maybe. I have a great grandmother who taught me the rules of life, how to shoot and the amazing thrills of hunting my own food. She's taught me all I know. She raised a hamster farm and her regular farm had wolves for training and circus auditions.

Janet: Your grandma sounds made up to me.

Shaun: Maybe, but you don't know that. There is no way you can prove me wrong that I have no great grandmother. You said there's no way to prove God exists, well there's no way to prove anyone exists. What makes us a member of this world is our identifications and mark. It's about our influence and what changes we manifest. Documentation: well we all have some form of ID or birth certificate that verifies our existence but even God is documented. One person can verify the existence of someone else if they've talked to them in person, but many people have talked to God in person. Some people argue and say that maybe these people were hallucinating and thought they were talking to God but you can say that about me right now. I may not be real. It's just the two of us here. If you told anyone about us, you would have no proof of this conversation except for the knowledge and experience we've shared. People can only understand the simplicity their mind allows them to understand. There is a very thin line between what is real and what isn't, simply because if something wasn't real it would have no influence on this world. Whether the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, or even God are real, they've influenced this world and its history for thousands of years. They’re like love. You can't see love; can you? But it still exists through influence and chemical reactions; like any emotion. Maybe the reason why he doesn't answer certain prayers is because maybe we not only ask for the wrong things but maybe we're just not ready to accept the reality of our prayers. We're so conditioned by our glorious lifestyles these days, we forget to see the reality of the consequences following our actions. Everything in this world is capable of doing as much good as it can bad. What's your definition of real?

Janet: I don't know; I've never asked myself that question before.

Shaun: And you've never been put in the situation to question it. So why do you assume you know what reality truly is? Look, I'm not trying to brainwash you. Whether God is real or not by your standards, how about asking yourself why you don't have an open mind to feel him? In the end, the only thing that can disprove the existence of anything is the faith in what you choose not to accept. And of course in our society, one of our greatest influences are ourselves, so we condition ourselves with different ideas, beliefs, morals, and other things. Our life is so seemingly perfect and glamorous; it's simplified our comprehension of reality, and we cannot possibly comprehend God when we've grown up living such a simple lifestyle. We rest our idea of life in what we know instead of what we believe we can change. God doesn't want us weak willed. He's given us all the tools we need to survive and live a peaceful life in this damned world. Whenever God did step in and do what was best for the world, people hated him for killing people who didn't follow his rules, so he stopped and let us handle it ourselves and look what our society has become today.

Janet: I'm here today because I am stuck in sin and can't get out and I can't tell whether or not I even want to get out anymore. And I don't want to be looked down at or hated because of what I'm doing wrong.

Shaun: God gets angry when we don't listen to him because when we go against his rules we only hurt ourselves as a species. Stop to think about the world and why it's so messed up and think about the source of every personal and social issue we have. You would realize that the answers to solving these issues lie with in us and God's message to us, but you would also learn that these issues we brought upon us by humans and our ancestry who took their service to Gods too serious and based our entire social structure on these beliefs. Gods are only the source of the world's pain because people create religions which exaggerate their messages and force them upon people.

Janet: So in the end, God is the source of all misery in this world because people made religions after him? So then The Bible was actually created to fix the mistakes that we as people made in his name.

Shaun: Exactly.

Janet: I need to know why I'm in the situation I'm in. Why has my life been so messed up? How come bad things happen to good people and good things happen to bad?

Shaun: Sin is simply a concept used to describe the source of something that is capable of producing chaos. It may look like people are living happy lives, but in reality they are destroying themselves within. when you're distracted by a glamorous lifestyle, you don't feel you need to seek any kind of happiness or peace. When you're a good person, you face the reality of life and being a good person means to draw strength from the bad instead of being lost within it.

Janet: So bad things happen to good people because we have the... capability of strengthening ourselves?

Shaun: Yes and spreading more joy and wisdom amongst people who need it. If you really are a good person, you will feel it in your heart. You will not need to justify it in any way.

Janet: I don't want to be hated.

Shaun: God sees your struggle and he accept you for who you are.

Janet: If God see's our struggles, why won't he stop them?! Why does he leave us here to suffer?!

Shaun: Unfortunately, that's the price of freewill. We did this to ourselves. We destroyed ourselves as a species and it is our responsibility to fix this world. God gave us rules to live by so that we could maintain peace once we achieve it. We cannot blame God for our mistakes. Every time he does get involved, he is hated, so he's letting us handle things.

Janet: In that case, we don't have a chance as a species. And if he sees that, why won't he get involved?

Shaun: Maybe because it's not a parent's job to give up on their kids. As a parent you let your kids live their life and experience life for what it is.

Janet: That's no excuse.

Shaun: Oppression and pain have been around for thousands of years. If you ever researched history, you would understand that today's society is a utopia compared to how people had to live all through history. It is a luxury to have hair care products to make your hair smooth and shiny. It is a luxury to shave, have skin care lotion to make your skin look healthy, take a shower whenever you please, choose what kind of lifestyle you want your significant other to have, watch TV, waste your money on pointless things, text, wear perfume. The list goes on. But in our society we've been raised through these luxuries so our minds cannot possibly understand the reality of life.

Janet: What if-

Shaun: No more questions. Sometimes life needs to be experienced instead of told. It's your job to accept yourself and your beliefs; not to be told what to believe. It's only my job to open your mind and give you the option to make whatever choice you feel you want to without feeling oppressed by the negative influences of who's around you. But just keep in mind, that if Heaven and Hell are real, what are you really missing out on in life by not following a series of rules that will help you live a better life and give you a sense of ease of where you go after you die? You're not hurting anyone; nor yourself by believing in God. Believing in God is something that eases your mind and helps you conquer many impossible obstacles.

Janet: I have more questions...

Shaun: And you have more answers than you think; you just need to accept them.

(Shaun stands up and walks away from Janet.)

(Forest)

(While Gustavo and his family are driving deeper into a forest in the middle of the day, Hanru can't help but to catch himself accepting the situation he was forced into. He and Casey both look weak and weary as if they are soon to pass out. Casey looks asleep... or dead.)

Hanru: Casey. Hey. Casey, wake up. Casey.

Dalton: (Bangs on the wall) Just shut up please. He's probably just already dead, so calling his name isn't gonna bring him back.

Hanru: (Thinking) Gosh I'm getting real sick of that guy.

(Casey suddenly wakes up.)

Hanru: (Smiles) So you are alive.

Casey: What do you think the meaning of life is?

Hanru: I still don't know the answer to that, Casey; you know that.

Casey: Then you better figure it out.

(Out of nowhere, Casey pulls out a pistol. In the front seat, Dalton takes his seatbelt off.)

Sveti: Dalton, the trails are gonna start getting rough; sit down and keep your seatbelt on!

Dalton: I only wanna check on those two in the back; It'll be really quick.

(Dalton turns around and stands on his knees. As he opens up the tiny panel door, he is instantly shot in the face by Casey. Startled, Gustavo looses control of the van, and all of a sudden Sveti is shot 5 from behind. The bullets go through her back and out through the sides of her stomach. Gustavo begins to swirve the van to regain control but the van drives over a steep hill. Gustavo is then shot in the shoulder. His body falls forward and accidentally turns the steering wheel on one side, forcing the van to flip on it's side and smash into the side of a lower trail down the hill. The falls down another steep hill and rolls about 2 times before smashing into a fallen tree; on it's side. Three gun shot are heard in the back of the van 4 seconds apart from each other. The doors then open and out come Hanru and Casey with minor pains, and Casey with a bleeding head. They head the agonizing screams of Dalton. Hanru and Casey lift the door up and see the top half of Dalton's body on the ground and the bottom half trapped underneath. Casey and Hanru both notice a trail of flesh chunks, blood, and broken bones spread out over drag marks of blood leading to Dalton's body from up the hill. He still continues to scream out in agonizing pain.)

Casey: Should've wore your seatbelt. His body was somehow caught on the truck after falling out of the window and dragged down the hill a little ways.

Hanru: Check on the other two.

(Hanru quickly runs to the passenger door and Sveti kicks the door down holding a shard of metal in her hand and crawling after Hanru in a bloodlustful rage. Horrified by the look in her eyes, Hanru is constantly walking backwards in fear as she crawls toward him.)

Sveti: I'M GONNA MURDER YOU! I'M GONNA KILL YOU! GET OVER HERE! I'M GONNA KILL YOU! I'LL KILL YOU! I'LL KILL YOU!

(Hanru falls and quickly starts scooting backwards and Sveti starts crawling faster toward him.)

Sveti: COME HERE! Come here! Come here! I'm gonna get you! I'm gonna kill you! You-

(Before she can finish her sentence, the back of her head is busted open by the solid round part of a very large stick. Her eyes remains half open and her body tries to push itself on pure instinct and attempt to grab Hanru, but her legs only slightly shake and her hands repeatedly dig through the ground. Two shoots are heard and her blood sprays all over Hanru's face. He can't help but to stare at her face and look into her cold dead eyes staring at him while he shakes and his eye begin to tear.)

Hanru: (Whispers) No... no, no, no...

(Annoyed by the sound of Dalton's constant screaming, Casey walks up to him and aims his pistol at Dalton's face. He hesitates for a second, and then shoots Dalton in the throat. Casey's gun runs out of ammo, but it doesn't matter. Casey looks back at Hanru and gives him a thumbs up and a smile before falling to his knees and dying from lack of blood right next to Dalton. After about 8 seconds of silence, the driver side door opens up and out comes Gustavo holding is out of place and wounded shoulder. He forcefully pops his shoulder back in place while crawling and he pops his neck to get some of the cramps out. He wipes the blood from his eyes and face, but the center of his head continues to leak blood. Jack realizes that the door is loose on the van. He kicks the door as hard as he can and knocks it off in the 4th kick. Even with broken glass shards in the window, Jack clenches onto the door with one hand and drags the van door behind him while he walks around the van. He gets to the back and stops at the sight of his nephew trying to stay calm and breath as best he can while holding his neck. Jack sees the bullet wound in his nephew's face and shakes his head in disappointment. Jack yells, lifts up the van door and jams it in Dalton's face repeatedly about 7 or 8 times. He becomes exhausted, but then he turns and sees Hanru traumatized by the whole situation. Jack walks around the van toward Hanru and sees his wife's body in the dirt with two bullet wounds and a gash in the head. All he can focus on is Hanru. Hanru quickly crawls over to Sveti's body and reaches into her pants to grab her pistol. By the time he gets it out, Jack smacks him with the door and causes Hanru to fly back and hit the ground. Jack drops the door and more blood just drips from his head, shoulder, and hands. The look of darkness in his eyes is indescribable to Hanru, but he can't help but to stare blindly into them. Hanru quickly stands up and runs away and Jack chases after, but not for long. Jack ends up tripping on a tree root and smacking his face into a medium size rock on the ground and goes unconscious. Hanu just looks back for a second, but then runs off. Later that night, at Hanru's house, Hanru returns to his doorstep limping. He opens up the door and walks inside. coming up behind him is Jack about to stab him with a rather large combat knife, but before he can reach the porch, he's poked in the neck with a syringe and falls to the ground. Hanru turns around and notices this and makes eye-contact with LJ. LJ and Hanru express silent words but they both come to an understanding about their relationship. Hanru just closes the door behind him and locks the door. LJ drags Jack's body off. Jack wakes up to a sudden splash of water thrown in his face. He realizes that he's in a large 8 foot swimming pool lying at the bottom in 2 feet of black liquid. LJ stands over him looking down.)

Jack: In the end, you're the one who kills me... (Chuckles in disbelief) I knew I should've killed you back at the zoo.

LJ: I send some people after you to drive by your house in hopes of killing you and your family, but Hanru getting involved in all of this wasn't a part of that plan. And his poor friend Casey... Words can't describe how bad I feel for that kid.

Jack: Are you going to kill me now?

LJ: I wanna give you the most painful agonizing death possible. You shouldn't have messed with the kid.

Jack: There's something wrong with that kid. He a'int right.

LJ: He's not; no thanks to you.

Jack: All I wanted, was for him to understand the true darkness in life and all I wanted was a taste of the light he could've offered me. But my family taught me the truth about the situation and he had to be killed.

LJ: I'm sorry you feel that way. I have another idea for how I'm gonna get rid of you.

(LJ grabs a bat from the ground and bashes in both Jack's legs. Later on in the dark night, Jack is surrounded in complete darkness. He feels around for a light in his pocket and finds a match. He lights the match and before him is a rotten decomposed corpse. It startles him but all he does is smack his head on the ceiling. He uses the match to look at his surroundings and realizes he's in a small tunnel of the sewer. He barely has enough room to turns around. He hears the sound of a million small crying creature rushing toward him through the darkness. He slowly puts his match into the dark tunnel and about 100 rats charge at him from the darkness and commence to chewing him alive. Hanru and Ada are seen entering Ada's vehicle with a few bags packed in the trunk. They proceed to drive away from their home. Inside the house stands Karen and her son Bobby smiling and enjoying their new luxury home. Back at Jessica's old home, she's seen standing on the porch watching the morning sun rise. Her father, Dan, walks in out to join her.)

Dan: So you're going to Chicago?

Jessica: I don't know. I have no place to go.

Dan: I'll help you get an apartment out there and a job, but then, you're on your own.

Jessica: Okay. Thank you, dad.

(Jessica gives Dan a tiny smile and he gives her a nod before walking back into the house. He gets on his phone and makes a call.)

Dan: It's Dan. You know, the one who adopted your biological daughter. This is sort of an emergency, yes. I think it's time she meets her real family, but ultimately it's your decision. I'm helping her get a place in Chicago, and I'll give you her address so you can stop by any time. Alright.

(Lee is seen in Chicago entering the home of a fit blonde woman around Nicky's age. The two of them hug one another passionately. Nicky is seen in her home looking at some medical papers that appear to be bad news. Lee comes up behind her, and Nicky quickly hides the papers. Lee sits on the bed and gives Nicky a hug from behind and kisses the back of her neck to give her a little tickle. The two of them then smile at one another. Erika is seen looking at a picture of her holding two new born babies in her arms while lying in a hospital bed. Henry is seen in the captain's office with his badge on the table questioning whether or not he wants to be a cop. LJ and Janet are seen sitting on the living room couch cuddling. Holly sits on the stairs with a huge smile on her face.)

Hanru Narrating: This was a short journey, but so is life. What is life truly about? Is it about finding balance and peace within ourselves? Is life about moving forward and constantly living through new experiences and sharing yourself? Is life about trying to make your parents proud and living for them and making them proud of you? Is life about dedication to your family and the people you love? Or is it about living a free life and doing whatever makes you happy? Is it about constantly bettering yourself as a person? Or is life about protecting that of which you love? Some can argue and say life is about living in the moment or preparing for the future conspirator wars. Either way, what is life about...? I don't know; you tell me...

END OF VOLUME FIVE...
♠ ♠ ♠
1. Ada said to Jack at the beginning of this chapter that she not too long ago shot someone in her living room. She was talking about Natasha from Volume One who actually wore blood packs underneath her shirt and over her unnoticed bullet proof vest.

2. Hanru's rant about his childhood in the start of the chapter were real memories I had growing up.

3. When Hanru and Casey were being driven to their death, Dalton was reading a book called "The Will to Survive" by Harlen Harpell. Harlen Harpell was actually a foreshadowed character who was planned to be a significant character in Volume Six.

4. Due to this being a prequel chapter, the conversation between Nicky and Lee at the beach was the last written. The ending quote that Nicky gave, stating she will love Lee forever, was added as a final tribute to the characters' relationship.

5. "Roads Untraveled" by Linkin Park played during Hanru and Casey's talk in the van.

6. "Vengeance" by Zack Hemsey played during Hanru and Jack's final confrontation.

7. "Left Behind" by Gustavo Santaolalla played during the ending of this chapter and post death of Jack.

8. The track list of songs from this volume are.

1. "Black Widow" by Iggy Azalea and Rita Ora
2." Rhythm of the Night" by Corona
3. "Life" by Blackmill and Veela
4. "Stripped" by Shiny Toy Guns
5. "Drowning in the Sea of Love" by Joes Simon
6. "Scandalous" by Mis-Teeq
7. "Rain" by Blackmill
8. "Give Her a Name" by Trevor Menear
9. "Come Away to the Water" by Maroon 5 and Rozzi Crane
10. "Lost Stars" by Maroon 5
11. "Exile Vilify" by The National
12. "Discoloration" by Dawn Golden
13. "Clair De Lune" by Various Artists
14. "Last Train" by Dawn Golden
15. "Dance With the Devil/ Hidden Track" by Immortal Technique
16. "Lover is Childlike" by The Low Anthem
17. Hidden song
18. "Black Magic" by Deluka
19. "Roads Untraveled" by Linkin' Park
20. "Vengeance" by Zack Hemsey
21. "Left Behind" by Gustavo Santaolalla
Bonus song- "Let it be" by Blackmill and Veela
Bonus Songs from Volume Four are-
"Ends of the Earth" by Lord Huron
"If it Wasn't for You" by Various Cruelties
"Hurricane" by Halsey
"In Truth" by Neon Motive