Status: Active

Hanru Sazuki

Hanru Sazuki Volume One Chapter Seven: Sacrifices (Spring 2009)

[Natasha's cabin]

(Jason, Allen, Sarah, Oliver, Natasha, and LJ are all sitting at a round table. The only light on in the cabin is the dimmed dining room light, which sits above them. Playing cards are scattered all over the table, along with files and papers. The table is a mess. Everyone in the room is drinking champagne except for LJ.)

Jason: It's been awhile since our divided group was whole. It's good to see your faces again. Except for you, Sarah.

Sarah: (Sarcasm) You're hilarious.

Jason: (Chuckles) But back to the point. I have called upon you all here this night to discuss the nature of our new plan. Intentions have changed, and so have the rules.

(Jason opens a file and throws it in the center of the table.)

Jason: This boy goes by the name of Hanru Sazuki. I've been keeping my eye on him since our encounter at the night club months ago. He is, in his own way, a talented “detective.” His disadvantages are what give him the advantage in an investigation. He is a kid so he keeps an open mind. That’s very important. Now I've never in my life meet someone like him.

Natasha: A kid? You serious, boss.

Jason: Very. Hanru can help us with our goal; one of our major goals, and more.

Natasha: So our group is gonna change its ways because of this guy?

Jason: Is that a problem, Natasha?

Natasha: Yes it's a problem. Who does this kid think he is? He can't just come out of nowhere and alter the principals of our group!

Jason: I made the choice to change the rules for the group. Hanru helped me realize that change will benefit our future.

Natasha: We followed orders our whole lives. We followed your orders. The rules have never been changed in any major way. I disapprove of this, Jason!

Jason: I do not care how much you disapprove, Natasha! I am your boss! I made you who you are today! Don't you ever raise at me again. Is that clear? (Natasha looks down) Is that clear?!

Natasha: (Anger) Yes!

Jason: Now. Hanru will be a big part of our group. So we will need to keep a close eye on him.

Allen: At least for now. Things are a bit shaky right now, so we aren't gonna make anymore plans for now. But this is what we have so far. Sarah will soon get arrested for being the prostitute killer. Now this isn't a part of the plan, but we know it's gonna happen. So she won't be a part of anything major. Once Hanru finds out Jason and I haven't been arrested, he'll find a way to link us to Ross' death. I gave Hanru the bullet that was used to kill him. He'll use the bullet to prove to the police that we killed him. They'll arrest us. Once we're in jail, we'll wait a couple months for our major target to show up.

Natasha: How exactly will you get our major target in jail?

Allen: LJ's gonna set up a case for Hanru to handle. Either the target gets arrested or is killed. Either way is fine for us because Jason and I will kill him in jail.

Natasha: Okay, Einstein. And what if he isn't sent to the same prison as the two of you?

Allen: We have Oliver in law enforcement and LJ the computer hacker. I'm sure the two of them can manipulate the situation in our favor.

Natasha: So to make sure I'm clear, The two of you want to go to jail?

Jason: We belong in prison, Natasha; all of us. We can't keep killing our whole lives.

Natasha: I can. Did you forget about my addiction? I can't stop. I need to kill! It's the only thing that keeps me sane!

Jason: I tried to avoid this from happening to us all, but I failed. It happened to you, it happened to me. Sarah has a son and she hasn't lost her sanity because she has to stay strong and support him. Oliver only kills people who deserve it. Living the life of a cop can be very stressful, especially when those who are guilty are set free by the system. And Allen is just fine with it. He can control his habit of killing. The four of you were killers from when you were kids. I knew that I could help you. I formed our group so that we could kill for good. But to make sure nothing bad happened to your sanity, I had to take chances. I risked my sanity for yours. I failed to keep you sane, Natasha, but everyone else is fine.

Natasha: So why do you want us to go to jail? What, do you just not appreciate us anymore?

Jason: We were supposed to kill for good, but instead, we kill for the thrill. The meaning of our group has faded, and we must fade with it. We have to disappear and leave the scar we left behind for those who lost their loved ones, do to our killing.

Natasha: You can all go to jail, but I'm not, sorry.

Jason: You obey me, Natasha.

(Natasha stands up and slams her hands on the table in anger.)

Natasha: Not anymore! I'm going my own way! I thought we were gonna expose ourselves to the public and become the most successful serial killers ever. But imagine my surprise when I found out my only friends were trying to take away everything that defines me. I need my freedom.

Jason: I'm sorry, Natasha... I really am.

Natasha: Yeah well I'm not. Have fun rotting away in prison… all of you!

(Natasha walks toward the front door with anger. Oliver stands up and he reaches for his gun. Jason grabs his hand to stop him. Natasha leaves the cabin without looking back.)

Jason: (Whispers to Oliver) Let her go.

Oliver: You know how psychotic she is, Jason. She might go after Hanru and kill him, just to ruin our plans and keep the group together.

Jason: I know she's gonna do just that, Oliver. But I'll handle it. And you will handle it, Sarah.

Sarah: What? Why me?

Jason: You going to jail will not help your son grow up and become a successful man. He's only 11 right now, but his mind is still sensitive. The plan will change. You don't have to go to jail. Natasha will try to kill Hanru. You save him and kill Natasha. Make sure he knows you killed her. Make a deal with him: You save his life; he doesn't tell the police you're a killer. You will be free. You can watch your son grow up and you don't have to kill anymore. I can see in your eyes the passion for killing has vanished. You don't want to kill anymore; you don't have to. Just one more kill is all I ask of you.

Sarah: Are you sure this will be the last one?

(Jason goes up to her and rubs her long black hair.)

Jason: I've disappointed you too many times. I can't possible let you down anymore.

Sarah: Thank you.

(Jason and Sarah hug with a special passion.)

[Hanru's living room]

(Hanru and Lawrence are sitting on the couch. Leo is standing in front of them with an angry face. Lawrence looks a bit scared and Hanru looks like he doesn't care.)

Leo: Which one of you has been on my computer?! (Both stay silent) No answer huh.

Hanru: (Thinking) Should I tell my uncle I did it? It'd make my life more complicated than it has to be if I do. If I hold out long enough, my brother Lawrence will take the fall.

Lawrence: I've been on it.

Hanru: (Thinking) Lawrence is taking the blame for me. I promise to repay you someday, brother.

Leo: I bought you your own to computer so you wouldn't mess with mine. Is your computer broken or something?

Lawrence: No... I was just curious to know about some of your cases. I'm very interested in learning about them is all. Is that so wrong?

Leo: How did you get my password?!

Lawrence: I guessed it.

Leo: You guessed it?! Well that's one heck of a guess.

Lawrence: It wasn't that hard.

Leo: I'm gonna need some extra security around here.

Hanru: Um... Can I go now? I’m clear so…

Leo: Fine, go. Be back before dinner.

Hanru: Okay. (Thinking) Finally, time away from this madness. I hate being around my uncle when he's angry; which is all the time.

(Hanru leaves the house. Leo sits next to Lawrence on the couch. He stares into Lawrence's eyes the entire time to make sure the truth is told. Leo calms down.)

Leo: What were you doing on there? I know a liar when I see one; I've been a detective nearly all my life! Now tell me the real reason why you were on my laptop.

Lawrence: I was trying to find some information about Hanru's past.

Leo: You know you're not supposed to be digging up the past. What happened in the past should stay in the past. Those demons have been buried, and they should stay that way.

Lawrence: Hanru's starting to remember it all. Have you noticed the constant nose bleeds, or the way his mind just spaces out? Something's wrong with his head. His memories are trying to come back. I didn't do anything to trigger his memories; it’s that sword in his room. It's starting to remind him.

Leo: Then I'll just get rid of it.

(Leo walks toward the stairs in anger. Lawrence stands up and stops him from going up the stair. Lawrence's attitude completely changes and now he's being assertive.)

Lawrence: You won't find it. Hanru needs to remember his past. I hid the sword somewhere where you couldn't find it.

Leo: You're really trying my patients, boy. Are you trying to piss me off?

Lawrence: I'm not trying, you just have anger issue that you need to control.

(Leo charges at Lawrence full speed and gets in his face. He grabs Lawrence's collar.)

Leo: You watch what you say around me! I'll kick you out in the street and let you fend for yourself!

Lawrence: Fine do it! It beats having to live in the same house as you.

Leo: I work hard to pay the bills and buy you things you don’t even deserve! (Pushes Lawrence and lets go of his collar). This is how you show your appreciation?

Lawrence: I'm leaving this house today. The only times you'll see me is when I'm visiting Hanru, or getting my stuff.

Leo: I don't care if I never saw you again. Get out! Don't go upstairs to pack; get out. Your stuff will be on the porch in an hour. Just go.

(Leo and Lawrence look into each other’s eyes with a deep hateful tension. Lawrence storms out the front door with anger.)

[Holly's home]

(A very serious cop knocks on Holly's front door. Tsuki answers.)

Tsuki: (Scoffs) My cholesterol just got high.

Cop: (Sarcasm) Very funny.

(Bruce walks up behind Tsuki.)

Bruce: Now, Tsuki, what did I tell you about referencing officers to pigs?

Tsuki: (Shrugs) Eh. (Walks away)

Bruce: Please excuse my daughter, sir; she's always been like that.

Cop: It's fine; she's not my concern, but I’m afraid your other daughter is.

Bruce: If you don't mind me asking, why are you here?

Cop: A vehicle was used to conceal a suspect who could possibly be responsible for a series of murders. Officers chased the vehicle downtown. The one driving the vehicle was described to be your daughter. The license plate made conformation of the driver a lot easier.

Bruce: I haven't seen my daughter. She said she was sleeping over her friend Hanru's house. Sorry her boyfriend Hanru.

Cop: You mind giving me an address?

[Leo's room]

(Leo is sitting at his computer staring at the screen doing nothing. His cell phone rings.)

Leo: Sazuki.

Maurice: We need you down at the station.

Leo: On my way, Captain.

[Hospital]

(Meukie is lying in her bed watching T.V. Brandy walks in and closes the door. She walks up to Meukie. Brandy pretends to be friendly for a bit.)

Brandy: How's my favorite patient doing?

Meukie: I'm doing better, but the pain's still there.

Brandy: Good. You deserve to be in pain. After what you did to my brother, you deserve to be in more of it.

Meukie: (Confused) ... I'm sorry, your brother? Was he a client of mine?

Brandy: Is that what you call em'? You're sick.

Meukie: I don't think I understand.

Brandy: You will… Very soon.

(Tension between them rise, as they make eye contact for 5 seconds.)

Brandy: (Friendly) Would you like your afternoon meal now?

Meukie: (Feeling awkward) No... Thank you.

Brandy: Ok. Just... call if you need me. (Leaves the room)

Meukie: Wow.

[Holly's home]

(Holly's sitting on the couch in her living room with Bruce and Tsuki.)

Holly: Thanks, dad.

Bruce: Hey what are fathers for? (Both hug)

Tsuki: You're lucky he didn't ask to come in.

Holly: I guess I am.

Bruce: I hate that I had to involve Hanru, but I gave that cop his real address. It'll get the cops off our backs for awhile and of course Hanru hasn't seen you. He just has to tell the police the truth: He hasn't seen you; he doesn't know where you are. Hopefully the police will lose leads and they'll never be able to find you.

Holly: I should call Hanru and tell him about the situation anyway.

Bruce: Yeah, so he won't be caught off guard.

Tsuki: What's your plan? How do you suppose this is gonna go? You think this whole thing's just gonna blow over? Let me tell you, sis, it's not. You are technically a fugitive: You are running from the law.

Bruce: That's enough, Tsuki. Can't you see your sister's under enough pressure as it is? Stop putting her down.

Tsuki: I'm not putting her down; I'm trying to help her. Look let's face reality: This situation isn't gonna just go away.

Holly: She's right, dad. I don't know what to do or where to go.

Tsuki: You're not 18 yet. If you turn yourself in they might let you off with community service or something, I don’t know.

Bruce: No, there's gotta be another way. I can't risk anything bad happening to her. They might have a new law to where you can go to jail at 14 or older.

Tsuki: Laws do change a lot.

Bruce: Call Hanru; ask him. Maybe his uncle can get her off the hook.

[Lee's home]

(Hanru and Lee are in Lee's living room playing Monopoly. Lee walks into the kitchen to make a glass of water. Hanru is spacing out and is deep in thought about something.)

Lee: My grandma's working at the flower shop today, so we have the house all to ourselves. You know what that means: Party time! We just need to invite some hot chicks over and start poppin’ N’ lockin’.

Hanru: Can I ask you a personal question?

Lee: You didn’t hear a word I just said, did you?

Hanru: I didn’t even know you were talking.

Lee: (Shrugs) Okay. Well, Shoot, brother. Ask me whatever you’d like

Hanru: You live with your grandmother, MingLee, but whatever happened to your parents?

Lee: What happened to your parents?

Hanru: I don't know... (Hanru's nose begins to bleed again) Hey, where's your bathroom?

Lee: What? You've been here plenty of times, you know where my bathroom is.

Hanru: Please, my head hurts, don't make me think right now. (Holds head in pain)

Lee: (Looks over at Hanru) Is your nose bleeding again, man?

Hanru: Again? It's bleed before?

Lee: Here let me help you.

(Lee rushes over to Hanru and helps him stand. He assists Hanru to the bathroom. When they get there, Hanru closes the door and locks it. He turns the water on cold and splashes water in his face. He looks at himself in the mirror and begins to hear voices. His breathing gets harder, his palms begin to tremble, and the room begins to lightly shake. He begins hearing the soft beautiful heavenly voice of a woman.)

Woman's voice: I'm so proud of you, sweetie.

Hanru: (To self) But why, mom? I failed the test at my school.

Woman's voice: Math is never easy for anyone, Hanru. You're only 6 years old. All you need is a little help and I'm sure you'll get it.

Hanru: Will you help me, mommy?

Mean Man's voice: You are a disgrace and a failure to not only me, but to the entire family. I'm ashamed to be your father.

Hanru: (Begins crying) But I tried my hardest, dad; isn't that enough for you?

Mean man’s voice: It will be enough when you aren't a pariah to this family! You are a dishonorable child who should be locked in a room and forced to follow family traditions! You are the only member of our family who has ever failed!

Woman's voice: That is enough, Osmond! Be patient with him, he's only a child!

Osmond: The children of our family have always been successful, obedient, and traditional. But he... He should not be considered a member of this family if he continues to disappoint me, Laina!

Hanru: (Thinking) My father: Osmond. My mother: Laina.

(Hanru looks over at the medicine cabinet and sees a piece of paper hanging on it. He grabs a pen from the counter and tears a piece of the paper off. He writes down the names of his parent and puts the tiny paper in his pocket. Hanru looks at the large paper to see what was written on it. It's a reminder for Lee to take his pills.

[Hospital]

(Doctor Peter is talking to a female Doctor in the hallway. The female doctor is the same one who aided Ada when she was in the hospital. The two of them are whispering. Peter seems worried about something.)

Peter: Hey, what's happening with Brandy? She hasn't been herself lately.

Nicky: (Sighs) Listen don't tell anyone I told you this, okay?

(Nicky looks around to make sure no one's listening.)

Peter: Yeah, fine.

Nicky: Her new patient... is the Prostitute Killer.

Peter: (Surprised) What?

Nicky: Yeah. She told me that cop that was here earlier, gave her permission to... Do bad things to her.

Peter: What?

Nicky: I'm afraid she might actually do it.

Peter: If Brandy kills that woman, she'll go to jail. I can't allow that to happen; she means too much to me.

Nicky: Please don't tell anyone, Peter.

Peter: You know I always make the decision I think is best. I have to tell the chief before she does something she'll regret.

Nicky: Dang it, Peter. No. You can't tell anyone. Brandy trusted me with that secret. If the chief finds out, she'll know it was me that told and she'll never trust me again. Please…

Peter: Well I know not to trust you with my secrets. Look I'll tell her I overheard the conversation between the two of you or something.

Nicky: Peter! (Doctors in the hallway look at them for 2 seconds then continue what they were doing.) I don't approve of this. I just want you to know that. (Walks away in disagreement and disappointment.)

Peter: (Tells to self) I'm sorry, Nicky.

[Oliver's house]

(Lawrence is in Oliver's living room talking to Israel.)

Israel: So you're homeless now?

Lawrence: I am. I just need a place to stay. You're the only one I know who'll help me.

Israel: Well, I need your help too, Lawrence. I'm moving out of my dad's house. I'm getting my own apartment. I could use a full-time roommate. You interested?

(Lawrence stands up and walks behind Israel. He wraps his arms around her waist and gently kisses her neck as the two of them have a passionate sexual moment.)

Lawrence: I'm up for the job. What are my requirements?

Israel: (Smiles) Just make sure you deliver me a good package. (Kisses him) And make sure it’s big.

Lawrence: (Kisses her back) Whatever you want, sexy angel. Anything else?

Israel: Keep up the good performance in bed. (Kisses again) You know how much I love the way you take control and have your way with me.

Lawrence: No problem (Kisses again for a longer period of time.)

(Israel breaks away from Lawrence and walks a few feet away before turning around and talking to him in a serious tone.)

Israel: You're hired. But you do know this means you have to get a real job. You no longer work for the group. Therefore, Jason no longer pays you.

Lawrence: (Laughs) Way to ruin the moment. But if you want me to get a job, that’s fine.

Israel: (Smiles and slowly walks closer) Well I look forward to seeing how this is all gonna play out.

(Israel and Lawrence look deep into each other's eyes.)

Lawrence: Me too... (Smiles back)

Israel: (Says in sexy voice) So uh… is there anything of yours you’d like to specifically stick into something of mine?

Lawrence: I think I have something swell.

Israel: I think I have something wet.

Lawrence: (Chuckles) You’re so straightforward.

Israel: I expect you to be straight too.

[Holly's home]

(Holly's in her living room with her father. She is a bit tense.)

Holly: He's not answering; he must be busy.

Bruce: He must be.

Holly: I'll try again in about 30 minutes to an hour. Hopefully he'll pick up then.

[Ada's home]

(Mimi and Ada are sitting outside at the backyard pool. The two of them seem happy, but Mimi's just as secretive as always. She holds back during the conversation.)

Ada: Tell me some things about your personal life, Mimi. You have a boyfriend yet?

Mimi: (Looks down) No actually, I'm not looking for one.

Ada: Why'd you look down when I asked? (Smiles) Are you lying to me, you little weasel.

Mimi: (Chuckles) I'm not lying. I have insecurity issues. I'd prefer if a boy asked me out.

Ada: You think you're ugly?

Mimi: (Looks up at Ada) I know I'm ugly. I mean look at you. You're a hot Asian with a hot body. And look how beautiful your hair is.

Ada: (Chuckles) You have the same hair as me.

Mimi: But yours looks better on you. And my hair is dark brown. Yours is completely black.

Ada: Look we are all born the way we are. Don't be ashamed of something you're born with. You're not ugly, you have a nice body, and your hair is sexy.

Mimi: to offense, but I'd rather hear that from a boyfriend.

Ada: Oh I understand. You're going through this phase. You feel like no one loves you or cares about you. You want a boy to tell you how special you are and how much you mean to him. We all go though that phase. The more you want or need something in life, the harder it is to accomplish. Just be patient and I promise, that special someone will find you.

Mimi: Th- Thank you. I really appreciate your opinion.

Ada: Would you like some wine?

Mimi: (Chuckles) What? No thank you, I'm only 15. I have a long way to go before I can drink.

Ada: Maybe it'll help you loosen up.

Mimi: You're a cop. You do know you're breaking the law, don't you?

Ada: Am I breaking the law?

Mimi: Well... I think so... Are you?

Ada: Maybe yes; maybe no. Would you like some wine?

Mimi: (Hesitant) Um... Sure?

Ada: You just failed my test. You don't know me well enough. I could have slipped something into your drink and I could have done horrible things to you. Like kill you.

Mimi: You would never kill anyone... Would you?

(Ada's mood changes and she gets a bit sad and hesitant.)

Ada: I have. (Clears throat) And it wasn't very pleasant… At least not the first time…

Mimi: (Says silently) How many people have you killed?

Ada: More than I want to remember.

Mimi: Were they by accidents?

Ada: Some accidents, some self defense… and some for survival.

Mimi: But you seem like such a happy person.

Ada: Look. I've meet many serial killers throughout my entire life. I lived with one when I was a little girl. My own father tried to kill me and my sister. I ended up shooting her and myself. My sister was an accident, but I felt like I did the right thing by setting her free. I only wish it was my father instead of her.

(Ada's eyes begin to tear, but she tries to hold em' back. Mimi hands Ada a napkin from the table they're sitting at by the pool. Ada looks surprised.)

Ada: You're not scared? This doesn't terrify you?

Mimi: No. I don't care why you killed people, but I'm sure you did it for the right cause. (Puts her hand on Ada's) I won't criticize you for the way you live your life. You have my word: This secret stays between us.

(In the next yard behind a bush, an unknown person is watching Mimi and Ada through a small hole in the wooden fence.)

[Police Station]

(A group of Police officers are all gathered together. Leo walks out of the elevator. Everyone turns and looks at Leo for a second. Leo walks into the small group of officers. He stands next to Justin.)

Justin: Sup, dogg?

(Justin puts his fist out to fist bump Leo. Leo looks at Justin's fist, then Justin, then he looks away. He focuses his attention on the captain.)

Leo: No thanks.

Justin: Ah, you're not cool man. (Puts fist down in disappointment.)

Maurice: Alright listen up! We got a call from a civilian stating they've seen one of our prime suspects. Alec Greene. The last time he was seen, he was at a downtown building. The call came in about 10 minutes ago so we've gotta get moving. It's possible he's left the area already, but he couldn't have gotten far. His car has been identified by the one who called this in. Every one of you will be assigned a duty.

(Minutes later, Leo and Justin are in Justin's car. Justin is driving. They are both stuck in major traffic. Leo is scoping the area with extreme caution.)

Justin: This traffic's more stopped up than my aunt during Thanksgiving.

Leo: (Sarcasm) She sounds pleasant to be around.

Justin: Eh. She's alright.

Leo: The vehicle we're looking for is a black Nissan Altima, right?

Justin: Affirmative.

Leo: We got one at 2 o' clock. It’s parked. If that is his, it'll be easier to apprehend him do to this traffic.

Justin: I say go for it.

Leo: If he sees me coming. No telling what he'll try to do.

Justin: As a cop, you have to take risks. That's just a chance you're gonna have to take.

(Leo exits Justin's vehicle. He looks around through traffic and cautiously walks to the suspected vehicle. He gets to the car and knocks on the tinted window. Justin is watching Leo. Leo turns to look at Justin. He then bends down to look into the window. No one's inside. A man walks up to the car on the other side, not noticing Leo. The man pulls his keys out of his pocket. Leo stands back up. The two make eye contact. The man looks nervous.)

Leo: Alec Greene?

(Alec throws his keys at Leo's face. Leo ducks to dodge. Alec runs through traffic. Leo runs after him.)

Leo: Get back here!

(Alec runs out of traffic and runs into a restaurant. He runs into the kitchen. Leo runs in with his gun equipped. The people begin to panic in the restaurant. Leo gets into the kitchen and Alec has a meat clever held up to a chef's neck as he holds him hostage.)

Leo: Let him go, Greene!

Chef: Please, please, I did nothing to you!

Alec: Shut up!

Leo: Doing this is only gonna make things worse, put the gun down!

Alec: I'm going to prison anyway. Why not do one more bad deed?

Leo: Don't do it!

(Alec slices the chef's throat. He falls to the ground. Leo shoots Alec in the chest. Alec falls. Leo goes to the chef to make sure he's still alive. Too much blood has leaked out and he's already dead. Alec begins to laugh.)

Alec: One less fat person to worry about.

(Leo gives Alec an evil stare. He charges at him. Justin shows up and holds Leo back.)

Leo: I'm gonna kill you, you sick freak!

Justin: He's not worth it, Leo. Calm down, just calm down! (Leo calms down) Hurting him will only make things worse for you. He'll probably press charges. You don’t want that right now. Let it go.

Leo: I'm cool.

Justin: You sure?

Leo: I'm good, I'm good!

(Justin lets Leo go and Leo leaves the kitchen. Justin looks at Alec.)

Justin: I heard a gunshot.

Alec: A lot of people want me dead. I'm always prepared.

Justin: Bulletproof vest.

Alec: Yeah Kevlar (Holds chest). But it still hurts when you get shot, especially from where you’re standing.

Justin: Trust me I know.

(Justin goes to arrest Alec.)

[Hospital]

(Doctor Brandy and Doctor Peter run into each other in the hall. The two of them begin arguing.)

Brandy: What is your problem, Peter? Why did tell the boss about my connection with Meukie?

Peter: You know me, Andy. You know I wouldn't have told unless I thought it was for the greater good.

Brandy: You should just mind your own business next time, Peter!

Peter: Why are you so angry?

Brandy: Because you ruined my only chance to get her back for what she did to by brother.

Peter: You were gonna kill her.

Brandy: I wasn't sure if I was or not. You should have let me deal with this problem myself. You should’ve had faith in me.

Peter: I was just trying to help you. I care about you, Andy. I would never forgive myself if something bad ever happened to you and I had a chance to stop it. What if you did kill Meukie? I would feel so guilty because I could have prevented you from killing someone for revenge. How about thinking about my feelings for once?

Brandy: I do care about your feelings, and now isn't the time for them to get involve. This was my issue.

Peter: Fine. You want to blame me for doing the right thing, go ahead. But always keep in mind that I'll always do what's best for you, even if it’s problematic for me. (Peter walks away)

[Lee's home]

(Hanru and Lee are in Lee's living room watching Gossip girl. They are sitting upside down on the couch bored. Chips are everywhere around the living room floor. Lee looks over at his soda. He reaches over to grab it, but accidentally knocks it over.)

Lee: (Says like he doesn't care) Dang. (Looks at the T.V again) Dude, I feel gay watching this.

Hanru: (Says like he doesn't care) I don't know how it feels to be gay so not my problem.

Lee: You know, you can be mean at times, you know that?

Hanru: Yeah I know. Sorry for that.

Lee: You know what you need, man? You need a chick. Not just any chick; you need a hot chick.

Hanru: I have Holly.

Lee: Holly's not cool, man. You don't even like her. I don't understand why you even go out with her.

Hanru: I don't know a lot in life, Lee. I don't know about relationships. All I know is that people have special feelings for each other when they're in them. I don't know how Holly feels about me and I don't want to break up with her and risk breaking her heart.

Lee: (Sits right-side up) Man, you need to find a girl who'll make you happy. Holly doesn't make you happy, so find a new girl.

Hanru: (Sits right-side up) I don't like being in relationships. If I break up with her, I'm not gonna look for a new girlfriend.

Lee: Sometimes you have to toss people to the side to make yourself happier. I don't mean to sound callus, but it's true.

Hanru: You mean it's good to put others before yourself, but don't make it apart of who you are, so that it won't define you as a person and throw you off your path of life and change your personality?

Lee: (Confused) Um... Sure... If that makes you feel better, keep telling yourself that.

Hanru: Thanks, man. You're a good friend.

Lee: Yeah...

Hanru: So what about those pills?

Lee: What pills?

Hanru: In your bathroom. There was a paper reminding you to take your "special pills".

Lee: I thought we were talking about your relationship issues.

Hanru: Don't avoid the subject.

(Lee's dog begins to bark in the backyard. It barks for about 5 seconds. It then begins to cry in pain. Lee and Hanru freak out. They look at each other for 2 seconds.)

Lee: Roxy?

(They both walk to the back door. A man opens it. Hanru and Lee back up. Lee grabs the trashcan next to the door and gets ready to use it as a weapon. The man moves the blinds over and walks in. Lee charges at him with the trashcan. The man quickly punches the trashcan out of his hand and trips him. Lee gets scared and quickly runs back to Hanru. Hanru looks at the man's face and recognizes him.)

Hanru: Jason?!

Jason: It's been awhile since our last encounter. How are things, Conan?

Hanru: I had a feeling you weren't in jail, but I wasn't sure.

Jason: Well, you were smart to not be sure. What you did a few months ago was not a smart thing. You confronted me in the restroom and made me confess to a cop. The cop Allen and I confessed to was Oliver Rayne. I'm sure you know him.

Hanru: I'm not surprised.

Jason: Another thing: When you confronted me in the restroom: That was a stupid move! I could've killed you easily. You confronted Allen as well. You're lucky he didn't smash the both of you in that room. I'm a killer who's trying to change his ways. If it was anyone else, they would've killed you.

Hanru: What are you trying to say?

Jason: I need you for something. I'm sure you know already that I work with a group of killers.

Hanru: Yeah, and my brother use to be a part of it.

Jason: The group will separate soon. We will not try to kill you, but I need to know if you'll be able to protect yourself just in case one of us dies.

Hanru: I don't think I can. I live in danger and on some level I love it. I think it's because of how boring my life's been. I'm 14 years old and I've never been to a party, I've never had my first kiss, I've never even been on a roller coaster. How sad is that?

Jason: You need some, excitement is that it?

Hanru: I need to find out what I really want in my life. I've only solved a few crimes, but every time I did it, I felt happy. I solved a case that police never even knew about. I solved your case and a few of your groups'.

Jason: Don't forget about the boy who shot his friend. And what about that old lady, Ms. Mable? You can't forget her.

Hanru: You watched me?

Jason: I did. I've been watching you because I need you for something. I've been watching your progress.

Hanru: Wait you need me? You're a serial killer, why would I help you? (Thinking) The truth is I don't really have a problem with him being a serial killer. But I can't tell anyone that.

Lee: Hey, I don't mean to ruin the moment here, but what happened to Roxy?

Jason: Who?

Lee: My dog.

Jason: Oh right. She's outside. Don't worry; I only kicked her so she would shut up. I didn't kick her hard though.

Lee: Roxy, No! (Runs into the back)

Jason: Anyway... I need you. My group has been trying to kill this man for awhile now. When I say awhile, I mean a couple years. We are unable to get to him because he's too powerful. His security is tight. We need you to find a way to expose him to the police.

Hanru: So what, you need me to plant evidence on him or something?

Jason: No. I'm not telling you anything else, but I need to know if you're smart enough to get him arrested without anyone knowing it was you who exposed him.

Hanru: Sorry, but no deal. (Thinking) Sounds interesting; I'll think about it. Hopefully it's not too dangerous.

Jason: You will do it. It is inevitable for you.

Hanru: There's where you're wrong. It's only inevitable if nothing can stop it from happening, but I can stop it by saying no. And I'm saying no now. (Thinking) Let's see what kind of serial killer you are, Jason. Are you a killer who loves to be in control?

Jason: You haven't disappointing me yet, Hanru. Please don't start now; I need you. You are a big part of my plan.

Hanru: (Sounds a bit angry) Plan? What plan? Didn't you speak of this when we first meet?

Jason: Look, If this is gonna work, I need you to be more alert. Not just for my plan, but also for yourself. If you're not careful, you're gonna get yourself killed one of these days.

Hanru: Who are you to worry about my safety?!

Jason: Your father!

Lee: No way, dude!

Hanru: My... Father? You're my father?

Jason: No, I'm only joking.

Hanru: (Relieved) Whoa. My heart’s beating out of my chest right now.

Lee: If it was a joke, why is your face so plain?

Jason: It shows you how dry a serial killer sense of humor is.

Lee: Ah. Hey, why won't my dog wake up?

Jason: I must have kicked poor Roxy harder than I thought. Ming's gonna be so mad at me?

Lee: Are you stalking me and my grandma too? Me, I understand because I'm sexy, but my grandma... Dude... (Shakes head no)

Jason: I'm done here. Sorry about the father joke thing; won't happen again. And remember: You have to change the way you handle these situations. You'll eventually get yourself killed.

Hanru: Thank you for the advice, Mr. Petrelli. Maybe I should change a few things.

Jason: Alright. Always be prepared. (Walks out the front door)

Lee: I'm kinda disappointed now.

Hanru: Why, cause he wasn't my father? You should be happy.

Lee: No. Well... Kinda, but not what I was gonna say.

Hanru: He didn't explain his plan?

Lee: No, dude. I'm disappointed because I missed what happened on gossip girl.

Hanru: (Joking) I thought it made you feel gay?

Lee: Yeah I was lying. Gossip Girl is awesome! She's a G. (Laughs) Get it, G?

Hanru: Yeah I get it. And again; not funny. (Thinking) Maybe it is funny, But I have such a dry sense of humor. Just like Jason... Just like a killer...

Lee: Dude, you know I wanna be a comedian when I get older. At least pretend to think I'm funny.

Hanru: But you're not most of the time. I'm not being mean; I'm being honest. If you're not making me laugh, then apparently you're not funny enough. You have to work on it.

Lee: Most friends would laugh at another friend's jokes just to be nice and not hurt their friend's feelings, but you're honest. I'm glad you told me that I need to work on it. I need that, man.

Hanru: I'm just trying to be a friend. I'm not entirely sure what friends are supposed to do for each other, so I try my best to get it right.

Lee: What is it with you and not knowing stuff? Does it have something to do with your memory loss?

Hanru: Maybe. (Thinking) Doubt it.

Lee: Hey, let's search the internet for things that might help us find out about your memory. Oh and ignore the wallpaper on my computer of Miley Cyrus naked; It's fake.

Hanru: Okay... (Shrugs shoulders)

[Empty Apartment]

(Israel and Lawrence are looking around an empty apartment. The super is standing next to them in the empty apartment. The super is named David and he is fidgety.)

David: So is it something you folks are looking for? (Crosses arms)

Israel: Well...

Lawrence: Are you sure you don't have any 1 bedroom apartments left?

David: Oh I see. The two of you are looking for romance?

Israel: No, we just want a cheaper apartment.

David: Well sorry, this is all we have. Take it or leave it.

(An angry muscled man forcefully opens the door. He makes everyone jump in fear. He storms toward David and gets in his face.)

Carl: I have had enough of you and this disgusting complex! I went to the restroom and left my cereal for a minute! One freakin' minute! And guess what I found when I came back!

David: (Scared and sarcastic) A magic bowl of wonders?

Carl: No! A roach. A disgusting roach was drowning in my Frosted Flakes!

Lawrence: I guess it's true what they say: "THER'RE GR-R-REAT!”

Carl: You really shouldn't piss me off right now, buddy!

Lawrence: Calm down, man; it was a joke.

Carl: Don't tell me to calm down!

(Carl runs up to Lawrence and grabs him by the collar. He slams him against the wall.)

Israel: Oh my gosh.

Lawrence: Don't worry, babe, I'm okay.

Israel: No I’m amazed by how strong he is.

Lawrence: Right, thank you for being so concerning.

Israel: come on, babe, prove to me you’re a strong, tuff man. You can handle it.

Carl: You have no idea how fed up I am with this guy! He has no respect for the people who live here. I'm surprised he hasn't been sued yet! The least he can do is hire an exterminator.

Israel: How about you get a job as an exterminator? You can hire yourself.

Carl: I am an exterminator. But I can only spray my apartment. The other apartments are filled with them and even though I spray mine, the roaches come from the rooms around me.

Israel: So why won't you hire an exterminator, Mr. David?

David: Cause I enjoy keeping my money, Blondie.

Israel: You say that like it's a good thing.

David: For me it is.

Lawrence: What's your name?

Carl: Carl, why?

Lawrence: Well look, Carl. I know you're upset, but you never yell at your landlord.

Carl: You just don't understand how I feel right now!

Lawrence: Maybe I do; maybe I don't, but if it wasn't for him, you would be homeless. You should just be happy that he let you stay here. Being in a warm house filled with non poisonous bugs is more luxurious than being out in the cold street with no heat, food, or warm bed to sleep in.

Carl: (Takes deep breath) I guess you're right...

Lawrence: I know it's hard for you to stay calm right now, but if you feel disrespected to the point where you go off on your landlord, just move out. It's unhealthy.

Carl: This is the only apartment I can afford right now. My wife and I got a divorce and I have child support. (Lets go of Lawrence)

Lawrence: I really am sorry about that.

Carl: Yeah me too.

David: You heard the wise man, Carl. Either you do as I say, or you're out of here.

Israel: Not so fast. Maybe you do own this place, but you have to learn to make other people happy where they live. I'm sure a lot of people hate it here, they're just not saying anything cause they don't want you to kick em' out. What if one day they all just moved out? You will be out a lot of money and the reputation of this place wouldn't be good. You'd go out of business and lose your precious money.

David: But I need my money.

Israel: No... You need to learn to give money to get more money back. I can help you get over your money obsession, but you have to be willing to help yourself.

David: Well I'm not. I love money and nothing's gonna change that. (Takes money out of pocket and kisses it.)

Israel: I know how to deal with you. We'll think about the apartment. Right now, we'll be on our way.

(Israel, Lawrence and Carl walk to the door.)

Lawrence: We'll call you tomorrow.

(The three of them close the door and walk down the hallway.)

Lawrence: So you're gonna help that guy out?

Israel: Of course. I have the perfect plan. I'm gonna need your help, Carl.

Carl: Me? Why, me, I can't help?

Israel: Trust me; you are of big importance right now.

Lawrence: When she sets her mind to something, nothing can stop her. Even if it means going extreme.

Israel: That landlord has an extreme problem, so I'm giving him extreme help, he just won't know it was me till the last minute.

[Lee's home]

(Hanru is in Lee's living room. He's searching his pockets for something. Lee comes out of the hallway with his house phone in his hand. He faces Hanru.)

Hanru: (A little nervous) Did you find it?

Lee: No, I called it. I don't think it's here.

Hanru: Ah, I must have left it at home on my uncle's desk.

Lee: Well go get it, I'll wait here.

Hanru: Yeah.

(Hanru leaves Lee's home. He walks to the gate in the front yard. He looks at the gate and sees a beetle walking toward his hand. The beetle stops a few inches away. It jumps off the fence and hits the ground. It then runs toward Lee's front door. Hanru snaps out of this distraction. He looks across the street from his house and notices a silver car with windows open and a police car.)

Hanru: (Thinking) Usually when a person's intentions are to do something bad to another person, they have a dark shady car. This car is the exact opposite; which is why I don't trust it. There is a police car. (Looks at another house on the block and hears people arguing.) Maybe this car belongs to Doug. He's always sleeping with random woman. Maybe his wife found out and a fight broke out; that's why the police are here. Or maybe this is one of Jason's tests to see how prepared and alert I am. If they really want to kill me, they know where to find me. I'm taking a risk. I'm getting my cell phone from my uncle's desk.

(The same cop that was talking to Holly's father is at Hanru's front door. The front door to a house closing can be heard in the background.)

Cop: (Rings doorbell) Police, open up!

(Inside the house, is Natasha. She looks at the front door from the living room in fear.)

Natasha: (Whispers to self) Police?

(Natasha slowly walks to the front door. She looks through the peephole. The cop listens on the other side of the door and can hear the floor squeak with every footstep of Natasha's. Natasha see's it's a cop. She quickly runs upstairs. The cop can hear her going upstairs. He then hears a door slam. He cautiously opens the door.)

Cop: Anyone home, police?!

(The cop walks in and closes the door. At the same time, Hanru closes Lee's front gate next door. Hanru is hesitantly walking to his house as he stares at the silver vehicle and police car. The cop is walking upstairs. He gets to the top and looks around. He sees every door is open except for one. He walks toward the closed door with his hand on his gun holster. Natasha hears the cop coming closer and closer. She quickly hides in the closet and closes the wooden door. Hanru is walking up the stairs to his front door. The cop gets to the bedroom door. Hanru and the cop both open the doors at the same time. Hanru carefully scopes the living room then looks behind him. The cop is scanning the small bedroom. Nothing's there but a closet. He walks up to the closet. Natasha pulls a butcher knife out. Her face is soaked with sweat. The cop pulls his gun out and reaches for the closet door handle. Hanru closes the front door. Natasha jumps. The cop is alert. He walks away from the closet door and walks toward the bedroom door to check downstairs. Natasha immediately follows the cop when he walks away from the closet door. When he gets to the bedroom door, Natasha covers his mouth with her hand and stabs him in the side of the throat. The cop is trying to yell. She drags him into the closet and closes the door. Hanru walks upstairs and faces Leo's bedroom. He slowly walks inside and looks around. He sees no one, but he does see his cell phone on the desk. He grabs it and looks out the window to see the silver car across the street.)

Hanru: (Thinking) Older people are usually detectives because they're more wise and they're brains can figure out things that children normally can't. I'm still young so my brain thinks of different possibilities. That's one advantage I have over them. No one would think twice about that silver car because it’s not dark with closed-up tinted windows. It’s the exact opposite; which is why I do not trust it. I need to get out of this house. I know someone's here. But I don't know where. They could be watching me right now. I have to leave the room casually. I can't let them know I suspect they're here. I know they're here. I closed and locked Uncle Leo's door. When I got here, it was just open.

(Hanru walks casually toward the door. He sees something on the door. Natasha has a large shirt around the cop’s neck where she stabbed him. She slowly pulls the knife out. She then wraps the shirt around his whole neck.)

Hanru: (Thinking) Is that blood?

(Hanru quickly walks out of the room. Natasha leaves the closet and runs to the doorway. Hanru is not too far from her. She lets him walk a few more feet while she continues to stand in the doorway. Hanru turns and sees Natasha with a bloody knife in her hand. She smiles at him with a demented grin. Hanru turns and prepares to charge downstairs, but he hears footsteps coming upstairs. He stops. Sarah turns the corner and looks at Hanru. Hanru is cornered in the small hallway from both sides. His heart beats fast. Sarah reaches her hand out at Hanru.)

Sarah: Come with me if you want to live.

(Natasha begins running toward Hanru. Sarah runs toward Hanru as well.)

Hanru: (Thinking) If you have to choose which serial killer to go to, choose the one who doesn't have a knife in their hand.

(Hanru runs past Sarah. Natasha forcefully tries to stab Sarah in the face. Sarah grabs the knife and pushes Natasha into a wall. Natasha holds on tight to the knife and throws Sarah to the ground. Sarah hits her head on the wall behind her when she is pushed. Natasha uses her full force to stab Sarah in the stomach. Sarah grabs the knife and tries to hold it back. Natasha is too strong. The knife then begins to go into Sarah's gut. In the street, Hanru's walking toward the silver car.)

Hanru: (Thinking) So this is, her car. At least I think it is. (Looks at Lee's house) I'm sorry, Lee, but I can't involve you.

(Hanru opens the car door and pushes the button to open the trunk. Hanru gets in the trunk and leaves it open just a tiny bit. Inside the house, the knife has gone almost 2 inches into Sarah's stomach. Sarah is in a lot of pain. She lifts her knee up and hits the inside of Natasha's elbow. The blade goes in a little bit more, but Natasha loses her grip. Sarah grabs Natasha's hands and pulls out the knife. She bites Natasha's ear really hard. Natasha screams. Sarah lets one of Natasha's hands go and uses her own hand to pull Natasha's hair. Natasha screams again. Sarah throws Natasha off her and quickly slashes her face. Natasha is screaming on the floor. Sarah heads toward the stairs. Natasha in furious. She charges at Sarah. Sarah quickly throws the knife at Natasha's face. Natasha dodges it and throws Sarah down the stairs after she tackles her into the wall behind her. Natasha runs for the knife then runs to the stairs. By the time she gets back to the stairs, Sarah has disappeared. Natasha runs outside to her the silver car. She gets inside with an angry bloody face. Hanru is behind the car.)

Hanru: (Thinking) So this is her car. If I hide in the trunk, I can find out where she's going, and hopefully find out where she lives.

(Hanru gets in the trunk and Natasha takes off without noticing Hanru.)

[Hospital]

(Peter walks into Meukie's room.)

Peter: How we doin' today?

Meukie: Great. I feel a lot better.

Peter: That's good. Lets us doctors know we're doing our job right. (Both smile)

Meukie: So what made you become a doctor?

Peter: Well... (Stands next to Meukie's bed) When I was a child, my mother was sick. I did all I could to help her. I gave her medicine and soup. And all the love I could possible give to her. The cough medicine I gave her only made her worst. But she knew she was going to die anyway. She enjoyed me taking care of her. She enjoyed the fact that I loved her so much. She knew how bad I wanted to make her feel better. She would sometimes cry because she wanted to know how I would grow up. She wanted me to be the best man I could be. The best person I could be. That's why I helped you.

Meukie: I'm so sorry, and thank you. Was your mother a doctor too?

Peter: Yeah. She was.

Meukie: That's nice.

Peter: But hey, I'm fine now. The past is the past.

Meukie: Yeah it is.

Peter: What about you? You can change the past. You can leave all this behind and live a better life for yourself.

Meukie: Wh-Wh-... I don't understand?

Peter: You know... What you do.

Meukie: (A bit upset) What I do is my business. No offense to you, but please, mind your own.

Peter: I don't care how angry you get at me, I'm gonna try my best to stop you from killing.

Meukie: Killing?!

Peter: You are the prostitute killer, aren't you?

Meukie: No. I was accused. I'm a prostitute, but not a killer.

Peter: You seem like a nice young lady. I don't believe prostituting is something you want to do.

Meukie: (A bit angry) I grew up this way. Please don't try to change me.

Peter: But you can better yourself.

Meukie: Please, stop! I know you're a sweet guy, but please don't tell me about what my life could be like.

Peter: Yeah…

Meukie: Someone's at the door.

Peter: (Turns around) Camilla. What are you doing out of bed?

Camilla: I came to speak with Meukie.

Meukie: What are you doing here, Camilla?

Peter: Wait, you two know each other?

Camilla: Of course we do, silly. How else would we know each other's names?

Peter: Well, I'll let you two talk. Camilla, get back to bed in 5 minutes.

Camilla: You're the boss, doc.

(Peter leaves and closes the door. Camilla walks up to Meukie's bed.)

Meukie: (Edgy) What happened to you?

Camilla: Cancer happened, dear.

Meukie: All I got was a bullet wound.

Camilla: Lucky you. (Smiles)

Meukie: So what is it you want to talk to me about?

Camilla: God spoke to me about something, Meukie- In a dream. He told me about you. I know we meet a few years ago when you were sleeping with my husband. We meet on bad terms.

Meukie: (Nervous) I swear I didn't know he was married.

Camilla: It's fine. I forgive you. (Smiles at Meukie) I've found peace, Meukie. And you must too. God gave me a message to pass down to you.

Meukie: What was the message?

Camilla: He didn't use theses exact words, but he told me to tell you about your lost child. Destiny makes one miserable to help another find true happiness.

Meukie: My baby; The one that was stolen from me after I gave birth?

Camilla: Yes. Your child has grown; your child is close. You must speak to the one who's changed your life. The child who's changed your life.

Meukie: The child...? Hanru?

Camilla: Hanru changed many lives. He's even changed mine. How did he change your life?

Meukie: When we first meet, he told me how he liked me because I wasn't trying to be sexy, I was acting normal. And he shared a glass of tea with me. He wrapped it up, but it was still sweet because most people wouldn't let me sit on their couch or drink out of their glasses. He helped me realize that someone does care for me; not just for my body.

Camilla: Hanru is a good kid.

Meukie: So, is Hanru my child?

Camila: No. But your child is connected to Hanru in some way.

Meukie: (Talking to self) So... My child is connected to Hanru. Hanru's friend: His name is Lee. His parents are... No one knows. Mimi was adopted. So was his friend Holly. It's unknown what happened to his friend Casey's parents too. Holly has a sister whose name is Tsuki.

Camilla: If Tsuki or Holly was your child, that would make me your mother, wouldn't it?

Meukie: It would. The father of my child lost his parents in a car accident when he was a child.

Camilla: But I'm not your mother. And Holly was never adopted.

Meukie: So that leaves Casey and Lee... My child was a boy so it couldn’t be Mimi. But those are just the friends I know about. He has more, I'm sure of it.

Camilla: (Smiles) You never know. Your child may even be connected to someone whom Hanru's connected to.

Meukie: For years, I've wondered if my child was still alive. I can't believe we've been near each other all this time.

Camilla: Good luck finding her.

Meukie: Her? My baby's a girl? Wait you know who she is. (Camilla shakes her head yes) Mamimi! (Camilla stops shaking her head after a few seconds.) Thank you!

(Meukie gives Camilla an intense hug. Camilla's smile is slightly going away.)

[Holly's home]

(Holly's in her bedroom pacing. Tsuki walks in.)

Tsuki: You didn't get a hold of him yet? (Holly shakes head no) I'm sure he's fine.

Holly: (About to cry) He's not. I know he's not.

Tsuki: (Both sit on the bed and Tsuki wraps her arm around Holly's shoulder.) Hey, I know you're worried about him, but I'm sure he can handle himself. You don't have to cry.

Holly: You don't get it. (Tears begin to fall) I'm not crying because I'm worried, I'm crying because I'm not worried. It’s like I don't care about him. We've been dating for months, but we've been so distant lately. I don't think we like each other anymore.

Tsuki: Honestly I have to agree with you. Hanru hates relationships. But if a girl asks him out, he'll say yes because he thinks that girl likes him and he wants to make her happy. Just the thought of knowing you're going out with someone can make you feel happy.

Holly: So you're saying he never really liked me, he just went out with me so that I could be happy being with the boy I liked?

Tsuki: Yeah. I think he's been distant because he's trying to be a bad boyfriend and get you to stop liking him. I think he knows you can do better. Hanru has a lot of insecurities.

Holly: Why do I feel this way, Tsuki? Why am I so... Emotional. (Wipes tears)

Tsuki: Cause you tried your hardest to hold on to the relationship. You put a lot of yourself in it, but Hanru never noticed it really. I make Hanru miserable, but we're friends. We know a lot about each other.

Holly: I said I would call him back in ten minutes. I'll call him this last time. Hopefully he'll pick up.

(Hanru is in a dark trunk.)

Hanru: (Thinking) When I ran pass Sarah in the hallway, I quickly ran to my room and grabbed my sword. I'm gonna need it for protection. No telling where she's driving to. I need to get into a good position. I'm gonna bang on the trunk. When she comes back here to check it out, I'm gonna use my sword on her. I'm not trying to kill her, but I'm trying to injure her to the point where she can't attack me. I need the light from my cell phone to see what I'm doing.

(He pulls his phone out and turns it on. Before he can turn the sound off, Holly calls. Hanru panics. Natasha hears it from the front seat.)

Tsuki: What is it?

Holly: I think he just rejected my call.

(The phone rings again. Hanru feels the car stopping. Natasha has pulled over. She takes the keys and walks toward the trunk.)

Hanru: (Thinking) I know she heard the phone. She's probably on her way back here now. I don't have a good position right now to use my sword. I might as well answer. (Answers the phone and talks to Holly) Holly?

Holly: I've been trying to reach you all day.

Hanru: Yeah I know. Listen something's happened. I need you to go over my friend Mimi's house. I don't want you getting involved in what's about to happen to me.

Holly: What's gonna happen?

(Natasha is unlocking the trunk)

Hanru: (Scared) I don't know...

(Natasha opens the trunk and sees Hanru. Hanru hangs up his phone and is frozen with fear... Natasha points a gun at Hanru.)

Natasha: So you thought you could just... Find out where I lived? Sorry, not gonna happen. (Hanru is sweating and is scared.)

Natasha: I bet you're wondering if I'm gonna kill you or not. (Slowly bends down and gets in Hanru's face. She puts the handgun to his chest and whispers.) Let me ease your mind. (She stands up strait.) I am gonna kill you, but not here. We're in public; someone might see. (Smiles menacingly)

Hanru: Don't do this. You don't want to do this. Look I care for people; I care for everyone, even you. I can help you. Just please give me a chance.

Natasha: I can't do that.

Hanru: (Begins to tear in fear) Yes, yes you can. We all have choices in our lives. Please choose to let me live.

Natasha: Because of you, my group's splitting up. Jason has plans for you, but I don't care. Without you, no one can possible expose our little group.

Hanru: I have friends. If you want to know where they are, you need me. I can tell you.

Natasha: So can LJ.

Hanru: Wait... Are you Natasha?

Natasha: Yeah...

Hanru: What's your last name?

(Thunder begins to roar around in the dark cloudy sky.)

Natasha: (Thinks for a second) Ellison.

Hanru: That's a nice name: Natasha Ellison.

(A police car is speeding. It quickly drives on the side of the road and slams on breaks when it gets behind Natasha's car.)

Hanru: Officer, officer, please help!

(Natasha shoots the cop in the face through the windshield before he can react. Hanru stays silent and is shocked at what he just saw. Natasha turns around and smacks Hanru in the face with the gun. Hanru passes out.)

Sarah: I'll deal with you in the forest. Your body will never be found. (Slams the trunk closed.)

TO BE CONTINUED...