Status: One-shot

Gossip

Uno

Footsteps disturbed a path of fragile dirt, as lumps of countryside grime sprung through the pristine sapphire sky. Aching feet desperately escaping from repetitive suburbs, discarding sluggish security. Freedom. The freedom to behave carelessly, to climb trees without caution, the freedom to love a stranger. Opulent wings soared above the enthralled expressions of relief, hand painted mahogany by angels of the moment. Slender grass whistled in the slight gale of the Cornish wasteland.

The land was long ago deserted by man-kind, but often visited by the flowing of teal fists, occupied by fierce bubbles and pretentious pearls. Sprouts of eccentric radiance disguised malicious weeds as darling flowers. Fences of clustered blossoms sat tangled, guarding the edges of a beautiful deception.

Soft stomps awakened the deceased spirit of wildlife, sprinting through a treacherous meadow until breathless panting forced a comforting pause.

“Damnit, Roxy, I hope you’re worth the drama” wheezed a moist jaw, slung forward by a pulsing neck, reigned by wild stubble. Though his chin seemed rugged, and bared a slight resemblance to a russet labyrinth of facial hair, his Auburn pupils, fixed upon the face of an unknown attraction, portrayed opposite tales. His hands were placed just above his muddy, denim kneecaps, as his head sunk back to the ground

Roxy stared at him, bewildered by his general ignorance of their current situation.
“I told you” She grimaced through grinding teeth, her face stricken with sudden frustration, “My name is Roxanne. You caused this. I was fine, minding my own business, serving a bloody small coffee without milk, and whipped cream, when Sir I’m-so-full-of-myself flaunts into my segment and causes an uproar of pathetic stalkers! We’re in the middle of nowhere, you prissy, arrogant, attractive-” Her breath no longer allowed her voice to continue venting her discontent. Spinning on a worn-down heal, her arms folded as gracefully as the napkin origami she had practiced in the mediocre café, where her wages now disintegrated into simple dust.

The charming male adjusted his posture, straightening out an arched spine, and stretching out pained muscles by throwing a chest, lined with fine linen, forward. After a moment had passed, and oxygen returned to the delicate lungs of a statuesque figure, the brisk voice spoke once more, with charismatic curiosity:

“The only place I want to be is the middle of nowhere. Wasting my time in pointless…” The sound came to a halt, caused by the realization of what he had just heard, his solemn expression transformed into an amused grin, “Did you just call me attractive?”

Disgusted at what she had just revealed, the female twirled to face the alluring fool. Stuttering, nervously, her pitch high and words fast, her reply was a trail of baffled opinions.

“I- I didn’t mean like that. I mean, look at you, the media adores you, for some reason. I didn’t mean attractive, I meant - I meant you were well-liked. Popular. Distinguished. Famous.” Gradually leaping to a nearby Willow tree, she slumped against harsh bark, smothering a violet shirt in morsels of burned wood. Continuing to ramble, producing nouns she didn’t believe existed, her eyes failed to notice the slow movement of the man adjacent.

The male’s expression grew focused, yet still upholding a visage of immense enchantment through chaotic threads of dark chocolate tangles and flawless peach skin. When words no longer emerged from the female lips, watched closely by an intrigued wanderer, the two had suddenly moved closer, in the emerald shadow of summer leaves. Tilting her caramel waves to the left, mirroring her opponent, Roxy whispered a single word, causing him to bedazzle even the oak with a smile so beautiful that the sky faded into a shade of murky Grey in jealousy.

“Perfect”. Shortening the gap between faces, the male leaned in, their hair colliding as their thoughts blended until they shared a lone wish.

“Well, then” muttered the divine beauty, brushing a delicate palm upon the feminine face “Let’s give the press something to talk about”.

Placing his cerise lips upon hers, gently, their kiss survived through a disruptive fall of rain. Her lips interlocked with a mouth seemingly crafted from luscious rose petals of the Springtime. Strangers, with the freedom to love one-another.
♠ ♠ ♠
For Mat Devine.