Status: Hiatus

Baby Green Eyes

Mind Reader

John, as instructed came back to the nursery at five in the evening to pick up Ava and start his parenting lessons with Molly. “Hey.” John said as he came up behind Molly who was finishing up changing Ava’s diaper.

“Hi.” She greeted back, handing John Ava’s baby bag. “Let’s go.” She stared leading the way to the door, Ava cradled in her arms.

John was confused. “Go?” he asked.

“I can’t train you here.” Molly told him. “I need to see your surroundings to help you out, silly.” She smiled up at him, chuckling at his confusion.

“Oh.” Was all he said as he followed Molly out though the back door of the daycare facility and to the parking lot.

“Go to your car, and I’ll follow you.” She instructed John, handing Ava over to him. “Easy enough?”

“Sure thing.” He agreed as he tried situating his daughter in his arms so that they were both comfy at the moment. “As long as she doesn’t start screaming.” He mumbled.

Molly rolled her eyes, swinging her car keys around her index finger. “You need so much help.” She informed him right before entering her little blue mini cooper which was oddly parked one car away from John’s.
_________________________________________________________________________

“Nice house.” Molly compliment John as the three of them entered the average sized house where John spent his whole childhood, and where Ava will most likely spend hers also.

“Thanks.” He replied, dropping the baby bag next to little decorative table. “Let me put Ava down, and I’ll show you around.” He said to Molly, bringing Ava to her play pen in the living room.

“No need.” Molly notified him, taking Ava right out of his arms. “I got her.”

John didn’t say anything as he let Molly take his baby from his arms and cuddle her in her own. He took one look at Molly cradling his baby in her arms and wondered how both their lives will be without her mother around to take care and watch their beautiful daughter grow up.

The tour ended in John and Ava’s sleeping quarters. “And this is where Ava and I stay.” John
opened his white wooden door, revealing and introducing his bedroom.

Molly took one step inside the room from the hallway, took a scan around the room from her spot and replied, “It looks…cozy.”

“You don’t have to lie you know.” John said, hurt evident in his voice.

“Well in that case,” Molly smirked and took that as an invitation to speak her opinion, “it’s so cramped and not baby proof.” She smacked his arm at the latter, because it was obvious that when you have a baby you have to make sure the house is safe so that you don’t kill it. “When she learns to walk she could hit her head on one of those sharp corners!” she scolded him again.

John apologized after getting verbally abused, “I’m sorry.”

“Don’t say sorry to me; say it to your daughter.” Molly told him, bringing Ava up to his chest.

“I’m sorry Avey, baby.” He cooed, caressing her cheek with his thumb and then kissing her forehead gingerly. “I’ll make my room completely safe for you.” he promised his un- comprehendible daughter.

“That’s all I ask.” Molly said.

John looked up at her with his famous crooked grin, his green eyes meeting hers, Molly couldn’t help but let her own signature smile creep across her lips.

And then Ava started to wail.

Molly quickly diverted her gaze from John to Ava. She knew exactly what she needed. “Would you like to try this?” she asked John.

He looked at Molly with wide eyes, “I don’t know what she wants.”

Molly felt the bottom of Ava’s diaper, just to make sure her inkling was correct. “Well first off she needs a change, and then needs a bottle and a nap.” She informed the clueless single father before her.

As Molly helped him change Ava’s diaper at his make-shift changing table John asked her, “How do you know all this?”

“I’ve worked with kids almost my entire life,” she told him blandly, “and I’ve also been the one to care for her all day.” She added in with a smirk.

John smirked back as he closed up the newly changed diaper, “I won’t argue then.”
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short.
But we all knew I suck at writing and updating, so...

Love you all who put up with me,
Dom