I'm Gonna Getcha

I'm Gonna Getcha

<<M Shadows’ POV>>

I ran down to the beach, chasing after Elly’s curly brown hair that bounced so perfectly as she ran. Her hair was only neck length, but it suited her, unlike many girls who tried to have hair that short. I’ll admit I checked out her average sized body that had gorgeous curves, but what man wouldn’t? That bikini looked stunning on her... She hit the water and kept on running into the waves. I wasn’t too far behind her now and prepared to bombard her. She must have heard me splashing into the water as she turned around, her brown eyes catching the sun and turning a beautiful honey colour.

“I’m gonna getcha!” I shouted, making her giggle as she begged me to not. But I did anyway. I crashed into her, hugging her as I took her down into the water. She screamed before we created a huge splash in the water as we fell down together. I surfaced first, pulling her up with me.

“I hate you,” she said jokingly and I pouted, making her hug me. I knew she cared for me and would never hate me.

“Can you please come with me tonight to meet my band? They are my bestest friends in the whole world, and I want them to know who you are,” I explained, trying to convince her to meet 4 strangers.

“If I do go tonight, promise me I’ll never have to do it again if I don’t like them?” she asked and I agreed, knowing it was hard for her to socialise. She usually came off as cold and distant, but I knew she wasn’t really like that. I had somehow managed to break down her barrier and see the true caring and sweet personality she had. “Fine then. Just tonight. Just for you.”

<<Elly’s POV>>

Later that night I was standing outside Matt’s door, leaning against the wall as I waited for him to grab his jacket so he could drive me around to his friend’s house. He had greeted me with a smile that made my heart melt and I loved every single sweet feeling he gave me. But I’d never tell him that. He was just a friend. He drove me around to his friend’s place and I followed him inside the house to grab a beer before heading down to the basement to jam. They were only 18 but convinced that they had talent and would make it big one day. I had never heard them playing before, so this should be interesting. When I got downstairs, there were 3 guys there, and I had seen neither of them before. I instantly felt myself shutting down and closing up, not wanting to socialise, even though they were Matt’s good friends.

“Hey Matt, who’s that?” the short one asked him.

“Elly, my good friend I’ve been telling you guys about,” Matt replied.

“Good friend eh?” the one sitting at the drums questioned, not believing him.

“Yes, good friend,” Matt answered in a tone that said ‘shut up’ to the drummer. I wish we weren’t just friends, but he only wanted friends so I guess we’d always be like that. “You guys ready to start?” They all said they were and Matt motioned for me to go and sit down on a chair in the corner of the room. I did and didn’t say a word for the whole band practice. I was too shy and they were too strange.

“Do you say anything at all?” the bassist asked me in an extremely insulting tone. I glanced over at Matt who clearly saw the pain in my eyes.

“Hey, don’t be a prick. She’s a great girl, just really shy,” Matt hissed at him. “If you get to know her better, you’ll realise how awesome she is.”

“Whatever dude...” the bassist said, heading back upstairs to get another alcoholic beverage. I stood up and walked over to Matt.

“I wanna go,” I whispered, giving him the irresistible puppy dog eyes. He sighed.

“Fine. Let’s go,” he muttered and led me out of that guy’s house. He apologised to me all the way home about how inconsiderate they were about not giving me a chance. He pulled up at his house. “Do you want to come inside for a bit?”

“Why not?” I shrugged, wanting to spend some more time with him anyway. I only lived a few houses down the street, so it wasn’t a big deal. My parents always knew where I was.

<<Matt’s POV>>

“Did you wanna stay the night?” I asked her casually after the second horror movie finished out of a series of 4 movies. “We’re not gonna get these done otherwise. And horror movies are way better late at night anyway.”

“Yeah okay. I’ll just call my ‘rents,” Elly said, jumping up and randomly skipping over to the phone. As she called her parents, I scooted over slightly on the couch so when she came back we’d be a lot closer together on the couch. I longed to snuggle up to her as we watched a horror movie together so I could hug her whenever she got a fright. She came back and sat down, not noticing the space difference. She smiled at me and I pressed play to start the next movie. As the movie progressed, my nerves started to annoy me as I thought about putting my arm around her or something like that to show her I cared. I decided to overcome my fears during the last movie, finally stretching slightly as I put my arm around the back of her chair, which casually fell over her shoulders when she jumped.

<<Elly’s POV>>

“Don’t get too scared,” he said in a teasing voice while pulling me closer to him gently. He had put his arm around my shoulders, but I wasn’t complaining.

“Oh I’m sorry, I’ve been getting frights since I don’t have a big strong man to protect me,” I teased him right back, poking out my tongue before we shared a laugh together.

“Hey! There’s one right here!” he said cockily, obviously meaning he was going to protect me.

“Really?” I asked slyly and he nodded. I decided to take a chance and snuggle up to him, since he claimed he would protect me and he had already made the first move of putting his arm around me. He didn’t move away or ask me to move. In fact, he got himself comfortable with me wrapped around him, and we continued to watch the movie like nothing had happened. I felt butterflies in my stomach as we enjoyed each other’s company, knowing I was hugging my crush. It was only recently that I had started feeling this way for him. I just had no idea how he was feeling, and didn’t want to bring it up in case I lost my only good friend. But he had put his arm around me and wasn’t moving away from me as I cuddled him, so did that mean... Could it be...?

<<Matt’s POV>>

The next morning, I ran down to the beach, chasing after Elly’s curly brown hair that bounced so perfectly as she ran. Her hair was only neck length, but it suited her. Once again, I checked out her average sized body that had gorgeous curves, but what man wouldn’t? That bikini looked stunning on her... She hit the water and kept on running into the waves. I wasn’t too far behind her now and prepared to bombard her. She must have heard me splashing into the water as she turned around, her brown eyes catching the sun and turning a beautiful honey colour.

“I’m gonna getcha! You called me fat!” I shouted jokingly knowing she didn’t mean it, making her giggle as she begged me to not. But I did anyway. I crashed into her, hugging her as I took her down into the water. She screamed before we created a huge splash in the water as we fell down together. I surfaced first, pulling her up with me.

“I love you,” she said as water drops fell down her beautiful face. I can’t have just heard that.

“You... What?” I stuttered, confused.

“I said, I love you Matt,” Elly repeated, waiting for me to say something back. I was shocked but eventually managed to sigh with relief.

“I love you too Elly, I really do,” I managed to say, finally expressing my feelings for her verbally. She smiled and kissed me, then hugged me. I put my arms around her and held her close, knowing I had finally got the girl of my dreams.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback please?