Status: 10 stars. We love you all <3 It's quite active.

You're So Pretty On the Outside

Coming Out

*Nicholls*

Again all he did was stare at me. My heart gradually sped up to the point where it was trying to bust through my ribs. I couldn’t breathe. I was terrified. Shit, I shouldn’t have opened my fucking mouth! He doesn’t like me back! Fuck, fuck, FUCK! Nicholls, you fucking mo-

“Are you serious?” he gasped. I snapped out of my rant and looked up, nodding my head firmly.

“Yes,” I replied.

I mentally screamed at myself when my voice came out weaker than I’d hoped. I looked at the ground nervously. I knew he’d never like me ba-

My thoughts were cut short by a pair of lips crashing down on mine and Matt’s arms wrapping around my neck. I moaned softly when his tongue slipped into my mouth, running over mine. I dropped my hands to his hips and kissed back forcefully, pulling back when I needed air.

I looked up at him, eyes wide. He grinned and leaned in again, pressing our lips together in a gentler kiss. I smiled against his lips and returned the gentle pressure. When he pulled back he rested our foreheads together and looked me in the eyes. I smiled shyly, still wanting some type of verbal confirmation.

“I like you too,” he blushed.

I grinned so broadly I thought my face would break. I hugged him tightly and pecked his lips again. Is this really happening?

“Are you serious?” I breathed, staring at him disbelievingly.

His smile was enough confirmation. He nodded his head enthusiastically. I smiled and decided I might as well ask him. I want him to be mine and only mine.

“Will you go out with me then?” I asked hopefully. He grinned.

“Fuck yeah!” he exclaimed. I smiled.

“Seriously?” I laughed.

“Yeah! Why not?” he laughed. I shrugged.

“I was checking,” I replied shyly.

Matt rolled his eyes and kissed my cheek, pulling himself closer to me. I sighed softly and buried my face in the crook of his neck. I was still trying to understand what had happened. My mind was still trying to wrap itself around the fact that he was mine. Shit, I just asked my best friend out.

We sat for a little while, talking a bit until finally he pointed out that we had to get back to Angel’s before Lee showed up in hysterics. He’d probably do that. He’d think one of us had killed the other most likely.

I chuckled and let Matt slip out of my lap. He held his hand out to me and pulled me up, keeping a firm grip on my hand as we walked. We left the park, drawing attention from a few of the parents standing around watching their children. The majority had grimaces on their faces as they turned away. What’s their problem? Never seen a gay couple before?
Fucking dicks.


We were half way back when Kean slowed, pulling me back. I turned, confused. He looked at me nervously before glancing down the street. I turned to look but there was nothing. I frowned deeply.

“What’s the matter, love?” I asked, stepping forward.

“How are we supposed to tell the group? What if they freak out? What if they don’t accept us?” he asked, panicking slightly.

“If they don’t accept it then it’s too bad for them, alright?” I replied.

“What if it messes up the band though? What if it makes us split? God, I don’t want that to
happen!” he cried, clearly terrified.

“Matt, calm down,” I tried, wrapping my arms around his waist tightly.

“H-how can I c-calm d-down? They don’t even know I’m gay!” he cried, hysteria in his voice.

I kissed his forehead, running my hand up and down his back in attempt to soothe him. His fear was bringing him to tears and it was killing me. I kissed his cheek twice and ran my hand through his hair.

“Listen, it won’t affect the band, okay? We love what we do too much. They wouldn’t fuck it up
over something like this, okay?” I reassured. He looked up, unconvinced. “Baby, please.
Don’t jump to conclusions, okay?”

He sighed and looked down, nodding. I smiled softly and tilted his chin up so he was looking at me.

“Are you okay now?” I asked. He blushed and nodded.

“Yeah, sorry about that,” he laughed awkwardly.

I chuckled and took his hand again, pulling him down the street. A few minutes later we were coming to a stop before Angel’s and Sarah’s. Jennifer was here already, the car by our rental giving them away. I glanced at Matt and we both took a breath before moving forward.

*Lee*

I was terrified. It’d been at least an hour since Nicholls and Kean had left. I didn’t know if it was a bad thing either. I paced the living room, looking out the window often. Jennifer, Sarah, Venita and Angel were in the kitchen talking while the guys sat on the couches, watching me.

“Lee,” Mathieu said, standing up. “Calm down.”

“But I’m the one that put them out there together! What if they’re fighting? What if it’s worse than before? What if they-” Curtis cut me off.

“Christ, enough with the what if’s, Lee! If they haven’t worked something out then we’ll intervene okay? Don’t worry about them,” he argued. I stared at him.

“They’ve been gone an hour Curtis! How can I not worry? I’m the one that forced them together!” I exclaimed.

Oli opened his mouth to argue back as the front door opened. We all turned to look. The two walked in slowly, Kean behind Nicholls as they entered the room. I glanced down when I noticed Nicholls hand reaching behind his back. I tilted my head to the side, frowning.
Nicholls cleared his throat and looked around.

“Where are the girls?” he asked.

“Kitchen,” Oli replied.

“Can you go get them?” Kean asked. His voice shook slightly.

“Sure,” Mathieu replied before leaving with Curtis.

The two frowned and looked at him then at us. I held a hand up and they nodded, waiting for everyone to come. The two came back with the girls, Mathieu holding onto Venita as they stood in the doorway.

“Guys, this is Mathieu and Venita, Jennifer’s friends,” I introduced.

“Hey,” they replied.

“Hey,” Nicholls and Kean repeated.

“I’m guessing you’re the two Matt’s Lee was freaking out over?” Mathieu asked. They
nodded.

“Did you guys work it out?” Angel asked. The two glanced at each other and smiled slightly.

“You could say that,” Nicholls replied.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” I frowned.

I noticed Kean tense a bit and slip closer to Nicholls, staring at his shoes. I frowned and walked forward.

“What’s behind your back?” I asked. Nicholls looked up, shocked.

“Wh-what?” he stuttered.

“What are you hiding behind your back?” I repeated.

“U-um... I...” he stuttered. I raised a brow.

“Holy shit, they’re holding hands!” Jennifer squealed.

Kean and Nicholls glared at her. I stepped back, shocked. “What?”

“Thanks,” Kean mumbled. Jennifer frowned.

“I’m sorry,” she mumbled.

“Well?” Curtis asked.

*Kean*

Bear moved to the side, revealing our linked hands. All eyes zoned in on them. No one
spoke. They just stared. I flinched back, hiding my face. Shit, this is exactly what I didn’t want to happen!

“Why are you holding hands?” Oli asked his voice stiff.

Nicholls and I glanced at each other, nodding. We turned to them and I breathed out before stepping next to him. We gripped each other’s hands tightly and spoke in unison.

“We’re dating.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 29. is it good? sorry if it there are mistakes I missed. anyway, enjoy :) and thank you to the two who comment on the last chapter. you girls know who you are :D