Status: 10 stars. We love you all <3 It's quite active.

You're So Pretty On the Outside

Complicated.

*Nicholls*

It was time to go. The tour was starting. We were heading out to the airport to get back to Europe. Our first show was in a couple of days but we were meeting Asking Alexandria in London. Oli had been in a horrible condition since Angel left for Wales and it was bothering everyone. He was slowly losing contact with everyone, locking himself away for several hours and coming out to talk only if he was forced to or for about a half hour at his will.

We’d gotten Beheading of a King to join the tour as an opening act. They had shown us some of their stuff and I had to admit that they were good. The members in his band were nice which made it even better. It was bringing Oli’s mood up slightly that the tour was starting so soon which in turn cheered the entire group up.

I felt two arms snake around my waist and lips press against my cheek softly. I smiled and turned to face Matt. I pecked his lips before pulling out of his grip and leading him to the car. We dropped our luggage in the trunk and slipped in the back of the rental, Lee joining us while Curtis and Oli took their spots at the front.

Matt rested his head on my shoulder as Mathieu pulled out of the driveway of the newly sold house. We followed his lead and followed him down the street. The half hour ride was silent for the most part due to the fact that it was four o’clock in the morning. I know, insane isn’t it? The only time it was interrupted was half way through when Matt finally spoke up.

Matt groaned and shifted slightly, wrapping his arms around my waist. He buried his face in the crook of my neck and kissed the skin there softly making my smile again. This guy was unbelievable. He could do anything and still get a smile out of me. It was a little bit ridiculous how easily he got to me.

“You anxious?” he mumbled against my neck softly. I looked down.

“Yeah,” I replied with a sigh. “Are you?”

“Yes,” he replied. “I can’t wait to go back to Sheffield. I miss everyone.”

I frowned. “Do they... know about us?”

His head tilted up toward me and he groaned. “Oh shit, no they don’t.”

“Will they... mind?” I asked worriedly.

The boy gulped and kept his mouth shut as he glanced up at me. He shrugged nonchalantly but I could tell by his posture that he was terrified of letting his family discover our sexualities and relationship. I knew why already. He was raised in a homophobic household thanks to his father. His mother was impartial to homosexuals to a certain extent but I was positive that if he opened up to them about his sexuality she wouldn’t be as accepting as she seems.

“Shit, what if they hate me for this?” he whispered, terrified.

“You two are talking about your parents?” Curtis called back to us. We both looked up at him.

“Yes,” Kean replied.

Oli looked back at us, frowning. “Your dad’s a homophobe, isn’t he?”

“Yes,” Matt replied.

I wrapped an arm around him and kissed his temple, rubbing his side and keeping him pressed close to my body. Subconsciously or not, he moved into me a little more, his heading falling back on my shoulder slightly. Lee was looking out the window silently, listening to the conversation with a long face.

“Are you going to try and tell them?” he asked quietly, his gaze slowly travelling to us.

“I don’t know,” Kean admitted. I sighed.

“I really want to tell them but... I don’t know how they’d react,” I replied. “My parents are
accepting of them but I’m their son; it might be different for them.”

“But it’s worth a shot, isn’t it? Would you rather keep it to yourselves and not be able to do a
thing together because you’re hiding it from your families or would you rather take the
chance and let them know and whatever the outcome, you’d be able to act like this,” he gestured to the both of us, “all the time.”

“It’s not that easy, Oli,” Kean argued, shaking his head. “I’ve been hiding this for nine
years. I can’t just up and say ‘Hey mom, you remember Matt, right? Well guess what? I’m gay and he’s my lover!’”

“Why not?” he sighed. “Since when have you been scared to fight for something you want?”

“Oli, this is different,” Kean repeated.

“But I don’t see how though,” Oli clarified.

“If my father finds out I’m gay he won’t accept me and I can guarantee my mother will side with him! For all I know they’d disown me!” he replied.

“Then you’ll come with us,” Oli replied. “You’re 22 years old, Kean, and you’ve got four best
friends and one that happens to be your boyfriend. We won’t let you down.”

“Oli, I don’t want to lose my parents,” Matt replied, shaking his head. “I might hate my father but if I lost my mother I would die. I love her with all my heart. I don’t know what I would do if she hated me.”

“But-”

“Oli, just drop it,” I cut him off. “We’ll let them know when we’re ready to, okay?”

He sighed. “Alright, fine. If anything happens, though, you come to us immediately. Understood?” he asked, looking between the two of us.

“Yes,” we replied in unison.

We got to the airport and went to the trunk, grabbing our stuff. Curtis returned the car to the rentals shop and joined us at the security. We passed through about a half hour later, our bags having been checked and all. We reached the gate about twenty minutes later and took our seats as we waited for our flight to begin boarding.

About an hour later we were getting ready to board. We got up when called and showed our passports and all to the stewardess. She gave every guy in our group a once over, licking her lips when she looked at Curtis and Oli. Sarah glared at her when she noticed and turned to him, connecting her lips to Curtis’ in a heated kiss. I snickered at the stewardess’ pissed expression before slipping an arm around Kean and leading him onto the plane.

We sat in our spots after putting our bags in the top compartment. We buckled ourselves in and I leaned against the window, an arm staying hooked around my boyfriend’s waist. Oli joined us soon and sat down beside Kean, doing the same we had. He stared straight ahead, letting out a soft sigh before leaning on Matt’s shoulder.
Kean glanced down at him and hugged him tightly.

“Hey, we’re stopping in Wales, okay? Get her to come to the show or something and you will keep in touch with her. We’ll make sure of it,” he reassured. Oli looked up at him, his eyes filled with pain.

“Really?” he asked quietly.

“Yes,” he nodded. “Make sure to let her know when the concert is though.”

“I will,” he nodded. “God, I can’t wait to see Tom again.”

I smiled at his comment. He always missed his brother a lot when he went touring. I patted his shoulder, catching his attention.

“Why don’t you invite him to come with us?” I suggested. He shrugged.

“I’ll see,” he replied. “I’m not sure if he’ still got school or anything so we’ll wait and see if he can or not.”

“Alright.”

I turned to the front and looked in the seat a few seats ahead. I smiled when I saw Lee and Jennifer up front, lips locked. I looked at the boys, frowning slowly.

“Are they dating or what?” I asked, gesturing to the two.

“No,” Oli frowned as he looked back at them. “I don’t think so...”

“So what? They’re like friends with benefits or something?” I frowned.

“Well I don’t think they’ve slept together so... I don’t really know, actually...” he frowned more.

“Okay then... what is it with all these confusing relationships?” Kean frowned.

No one answered only laughed. We were unsure of what to say or if we should ask what was going on with them.

“They’ll tell us what’s going on when they want, I guess,” I frowned.

“Yeah,” they nodded.

We fell silent, Oli claiming his spot on Kean’s shoulder again and Kean claiming mine.
They closed their eyes in hopes of getting some rest during the plane ride. I kissed the top of Kean’s head before resting my cheek on it, closing my eyes to follow their lead.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh God I'm so sorry this took forever >.< I have just not been in a writing mood for the past few days and I've got a major writer's block for all of my stories :( I'm sorry if this kinda crappy/fillerish. I did my best. I wanted to get something out before tomorrow so you guess wouldn't wait anymore. tell me what you think?