Status: 10 stars. We love you all <3 It's quite active.

You're So Pretty On the Outside

Moody

When John came back to the house a few days after he left I assumed that his cousin had gone back home, but that wasn’t the case.

“What are you doing, Johnny boy?” I asked once he emerged from his and Gena’s room for the millionth time.

“I can’t find it,” he said, flustered.

“What can you not find?”

“My iPod. I’ve been busy these past few days so I haven’t paid much attention to my things and I think that I lost it.”

I chuckled slightly before walking over to the TV stand and opening the glass door to the compartment underneath it. Finding the object in question, I walked over to John and placed it into his hand.

“You’re a life saver, Anna. Thanks.”

John gave me a quick hug before running back out of the house. I pouted at the thought of being alone again before heading to my room to change. Gena came home just as I was pulling on my shoes.

“Where do you think you’re going?” She quirked an eyebrow.

“I have to go out and do something. I’m suffocating here. All I’ve done for the past 4 months is go to work and the grocery store. I’m going to a bar.”

My older sister glowered at me. “You are not going anywhere near a bar. You’re pregnant!”

I sighed slightly before pulling one boot onto my foot and zipping it up.

“I’m not going to drink, I promise. I just need to be around people.”

She just sighed and ran a hand over her face. “Fine, but I’m coming with you.”

I rolled my eyes. “Hurry up and get dressed.”

I watched after her as she scampered to her room to change into something more suitable to go out in. Glancing down at my own attire I noted that I wasn’t exactly dressed in club material. I just shrugged the thought off since I wasn’t planning on picking anybody up or anything. I was just going to go out and have a little bit of fun.

When Gena came back to my room a few minutes later she had her arms crossed. “You know people are going to be smoking there, right?”

I snorted a bit.

“Yes, obviously and it’s not like I’ve never been around somebody that smokes,” I pointed out.

“It’s different now. You’re pregnant.”

I waved off her warnings and stood up from my bed, teetering a bit on my heels.

“You better be careful in those shoes. You might end up killing yourself.”

“I’m fine. I wear these shoes all the time.”

“Again, that was before you got pregnant.”

“Enough with the pregnant thing already, my god,” I snapped.

I made my way to the front door, grabbing a jacket on the way out, and proceeded to my car. My stomach was too big for me to button the coat around it so I just settled on leaving it open.

“Ugh I hate being so fat,” I muttered to myself.

“You’re not fat,” Gena said upon entering the car. “You’re-“

“Pregnant, I know.” I rolled my eyes.

Honestly though, I was so huge that I felt as if I might have been having twins or even triplets, but the doctor told me that Gracie was just a big baby. I groaned to myself at the thought of pushing such a giant thing out of me.

It was about 20 minutes before we reached the bar and the car ride was completely silent other than the low hum of the radio. Once I pulled into the parking lot Gena got out before I could even take the keys out of the ignition. I stared at her in confusion wondering why she was being so moody. I mean, I know I was being a bit of a bitch, but she was being so pushy and it didn’t help that my hormones were out of control.

I frowned a bit before cutting the engine and shoving my keys into my purse. I waddled into the smoky building and made my way to the bar.

“What’s your poison?” the bartender asked.

I was surprised to hear an American accent come from his mouth.

“Umm just water, please.”

He sent me an incredulous look before his eyes trailed down to my swelling belly. A look a realization crossed his features and he gave me my glass of water without question.

“On second thought, do you have any wine back there?”

“I sure do.”

“Could I have just a tiny bit of that?” I pinched my thumb and forefinger together so that they were barely apart.

He smiled slightly and nodded. I took a seat on one of the bar stools as he got out a glass and poured a small amount of wine in it.

I swirled the drink around in the cup before taking a small sip. I had to suppress a moan when the alcohol brushed my throat for the first time in months. After the one drink I quickly washed away the taste with my water.

“So what’s a pretty girl like you doing alone on a Friday night?” the bartender asked.

“I’m here with my sister actually. I just needed to get out of the house,” I smiled.

He nodded understandingly and poured himself a drink. “I’m Garrett.”

“Anna.”

“So how far along are you?”

I brushed a hand over my stomach. “A little over seven months.”

A ghost of a smile appeared on his face and I have to admit, he looked rather cute. I mentally smacked myself when the thought crossed my mind.

“Boy or girl?” he questioned.

“Girl. I’m naming her Grace.”

“That’s cute,” Garrett mused.

About two hours later, I jumped up from my seat feeling as if my bladder would explode.

“Just a second,” I told him before running toward the bathroom sign.

After finishing up in the bathroom, I made my way back to the bar and took my seat again.

“Garrett, do you think I could get a new glass of water?” I asked.

“Is there something wrong with this one?”

I shrugged. “Not that I know of, but I don’t know if somebody slipped something into it when you weren’t watching.”

He nodded and replaced my glass of water with a new one. I had only taken two sips when Gena collapsed into the seat next to me. She looked worn out and I sent her a questioning look.

“I was dancing,” she said.

I nodded in understanding and turned back to Garrett.

“This is my sister.”

“Nice to meet you,” he said with a smile.

“You too.” She looked a bit confused.

“I was just talking to your sister for a little while. I’m not a creeper, I promise.” Garrett gave a dazzling smile and I couldn’t help but feel a bit jealous.

She put out her hand for him to shake. “Gena.”

“Garrett.”

“Well, Garret, I think we should be going now. It’s really late and we wouldn’t want Anna to get too overwhelmed and go into labor in the middle of this place.” She laughed.

I gaped at my sister in embarrassment as Garrett got a disgusted look on his face. I was just glad that Garrett had given me his number earlier in the night so I there was a small chance that I would be able to fix things later on. I rushed out of the bar in a rage.

“I can’t believe you said that,” I growled when Gena climbed into the passenger seat.

“Said what?” she asked innocently.

“Don’t give me that shit. You know exactly what I’m talking about.”

She scoffed. “Whatever. You’re pregnant anyway. It’s not like you have a chance.”

I gritted my teeth together and gripped the steering wheel until my knuckles were white as I sped out of the parking lot. I got to the house in record time and stormed to my room before locking the door behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit

Whatever holiday you guys celebrate, I hope you have a good one :)