Status: 10 stars. We love you all <3 It's quite active.

You're So Pretty On the Outside

Lost and...found?

Lee eyed my camera cautiously. I rolled my eyes, turning my back on him as I searched for something to a snap a photograph of. He sighed behind me, stepping up and wrapping his arms around my waist as he stared down at the little screen.

“We’ve been out here searching for hours, love,” he whined. “Can we at least go eat?”

“We ate an hour ago, Lee,” I laughed, refusing his request. “Come on, I really need to get some photos for that assignment, okay? It’s due on Thursday!”

“You’ve got two more days!” he whined.

“I have to edit, Lee,” I reminded.

“Well haven’t you taken enough photos?” he tried.

“Nope, I haven’t,” I denied. “If you want to go home you can. I won’t stop you.”

He paused, glancing around us. I could tell what his answer what would be already. We weren’t in the nicest area of Montreal. He wasn’t going to leave me alone here at night. It was nearing 9:30 already.

“Alright, alright,” he groaned. “Maximum one hour then we leave.”

“Alright, Daddy,” I smirked, nudging him lightly in the rib.

“Hey, hey,” he warned. “This is my first time here, alright? I don’t know what to expect.”

I rolled my eyes. “Jesus, Lee, no one is going to jump out and pull a gun on us so relax.”

“Well I’m tired and my nerves get hyped a bit when I’m tired, alright?” he defended.

“Which is why I’m telling you to relax,” was my smart ass response.

He eyed me, rolling his eyes. I smiled, reaching down to lace my fingers with his. He let me lead him down the street. I got a few pictures of the stores. I snapped a picture of the street sign just for the hell of it. I stopped in front of Metropolis, a venue that was popular among less known bands out there. I lifted my camera, snapping a photo of the sign.

You say that I’m frozen, what can I do?

I jumped as my ringtone started up. I reached down and flipped it open, pressing it to my ear.

“Allo?” I replied, automatically greeting in French.

“Hey, it’s Sarah,” she greeted. I smiled.

“Hey, Sarah, how are you?” I asked.

“I’m good, what about you?”

“Not bad, taking some photos downtown with Lee.”

“Fun,” she replied. “He enjoying it as much as you?”

“Definitely,” he called sarcastically. I rolled my eyes.

“Shut up, you wanted to come,” I argued.

“I didn’t think it would take all day!” he countered.

“Yes you did! I warned you about it!”

“Okay, lovebirds, cool it,” Sarah laughed.

I rolled my eyes. “So what’s up?”

She was silent on the other line. I frowned, letting go of my camera carefully and letting it rest against my chest. “Sarah?”

“I think I know where Angel is,” she said. I froze.

“What?!” I exclaimed, shocked.

“Ow, my ear!” she snapped.

“Sorry,” I blushed. “What do you mean?”

“I think I met her sister,” she explained.

“You think?” I frowned. “Haven’t you already met her?”

“No, she was gone before I showed up.”

“Okay, well how did you meet her?” I pressed.

“My cousin,” she answered. “I think she’s his girlfriend. They’ve been mentioning a sister with a baby. She’s been using that kind of excuse since I met. I’ve tried to meet her sister but she changes the subject the second I start to ask about her.”

“Uh...okay then,” I frowned. “That’s not suspicious...”

“At all,” she muttered. “So what do I do?”

“Try your cousin,” I replied. “Listen, I have to go. Lee’s getting impatient and I have to get some more pictures. Let me know if anything happens, okay?”

“Okay, bye.”

“Bye.”

We hung up. I stood still for a moment, staring down at asphalt until Lee nudged my side.

“What’s going on?” he asked, his confusion crystal clear. I looked up at him.

“I think we found Angel.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for any mistakes.