The Black Gate

The Final Battle

The building of his grand army was finally complete. Orcs and man alike were fighting for him, ready to take down those who apposed the power of Sauron.

His fiery eye scanned the area around the tower he sat upon and around the base of the roaring volcano, Mt. Doom, that sat tall behind him. Everything was going as planned. Soon the King of Gondor, Isildur's heir, would be standing in front of the Black Gate only to die along with all of his followers. Sauron was pleased.

Mt. Doom continued to roar behind him as Sauron waited for Aragorn, son of Arathorn, to reach the Gate. He would be no match for the enormous army that also waited behind the gate.

Sauron continued to scan the area. Suddenly his eye spotted someone who didn't belong in Mordor and his pupil dilated in anger. Before Sauron could do anything, the strange guest disappeared and he couldn't seem to find him. He growled in frustrated.

That's when the Black Gate opened just enough to let the Mouth of Sauron through. The Eye of Sauron did not put his full attention on the events outside the gate, but instead he looked around for the odd visitor of his land. But the moment he felt a disconnection from his Mouth, he swiveled his eyes toward the Gate and watched it's grand doors open completely to reveal the puny army of Isildur's heir.

Not a worthy war to fight, Sauron thought in delight. Aragorn, son of Arathorn, will be vanquished!

"Aragorn..." Sauron called in a raspy wisper to the Ranger of the North.

Sauron watched Aragorn turn to his companions and then gazed upon the worthless army of men who began to charge his army of orcs, men, and trolls. His army would surely beat Aragorn.

The battle raged on and just when Sauron thought Aragorn was going to be crushed by one of his trolls, he felt his Ring call to him from Mt. Doom.

His eyes turned to stare at the volcanic mountain and Sauron felt panic, a foreign emotion to him.

No! The Ring is far too close to it's doom! How did it get there so quickly?! Someone must find it before it is destroyed! Sauron thought in fear.

Unfortunately for him, anyone behind the walls of Mordor were fighting for him against the King of Gondor.

Angrily, Sauron's eye swiveled back to the battle, but he still kept watch over the mountain.

In a matter of seconds, Sauron felt his Ring melt in the fires of Mt. Doom.

No!! I am defeated!

His eye began to burn brightly and violently, causing Sauron much pain. Then the tower his eye was perched upon began to crumble.

I cannot go now! My perfect world is doomed!

With his final thoughts, his eye disappeared in mid air right before the top of the tower crashed to the ground and following that, his beautiful volcano exploded from it's top.

Sauron was no more.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is a little bit more in depth than my original of this, but I like it a lot. :D Please comment and let me know what you think. :) I just watched the Return of the King so this was a little easier to write. :) I like being able to write again. I just hope anyone reading enjoys it as well. :)