Status: Last Update: October 23rd, 2010

Luck & Intuition

All The Right Moves.

THE COLD, DAMP cloth touched upon the wound of Storm’s hairline that connected with her forehead. She winced several times as the cloth was dabbing along to remove the dried blood.

“Am I pressing too hard?” Joe asked, removing his hand from Storm’s head. Storm nodded slightly. “Sorry, it’s just the blood is dry to it will be hard to get off.”

“It’s fine.” She sighed and glanced into the mirror to see the gush imprinted on her head, then back at Joe. “Well are you just the hero, saving two girls in two days. You’re on a roll, Joe.”

Joe chuckled as he squeezed out the excess pink water from the cloth. “I wouldn’t necessarily define myself as a hero, but if I was I’d definitely be Super Joe, you know?” The modesty of Joe washed over him with the slightest trail of his joke being left behind. “I don’t like seeing my friends getting hurt.”

“I know that. Most people over look that aspect of you and only see you for good looks and rebellious attitude.” Storm commented. “Now don’t take that compliment to your head, Joe.”

“Oh, I won’t because with that comment coming from you there is bound to be a hate comment to come in the near feature.”

Storm smirked. “I’m glad you know me so well.” She patted his cheek and hopped off the counter. “But who you really want to know is Autumn.”

“I do know Autumn, Storm.”

“No. You know the vulnerable Autumn, the Autumn that needed a hug when she was down. You were to go-to person.”

Joe looked down and sighed, scratching the side of his head. “So you're saying she used me.”

“I’m not saying she used you. I’m saying that now that this whole situation is blowing over, you will be left behind in the dust.” Storm opened the door. Autumn was seated at the kitchen table with her iPhone pressed against her ear and her Blackberry scrolling in his hand. “She’s working again. Work is her life, that’s all she sees besides Ella.”

“She told me that, but I offered to help her. And she said okay... once a few glasses of wine were in her.” He sighed. “So what do I have to do?”

Storm turned and gave Joe an amused expression. “Is that a serious question?” Joe nodded. “You’re Joseph Adam Jonas, lead singer of the Jonas Brothers: the heartthrob, Mr. Sexy, DJ Fucking Danger for crying out loud!” Storm laughed. “You’ve got this, bro.”

“Yeah.” Joe broke out into a smile. “Yeah, you’re right!”

“When am I ever wrong? Now get out, I’m taking a shower.” Storm pressed the palms of her hands on Joe’s chest and pushed him out of the door. “Go win her heart, she deserves someone like you.”

“And Nick needs to open his eyes and see what a great girlfriend he has. Love is when the other person’s happiness is more important than your own.”

Storm smiled lightly and looked down. “I told him that. But uh, seriously I need to take a shower and I will steal some of your clothes until mine are dry.”

“At least you warned me.”

“You’re lucky I warned you.” Storm released the door from her grip and it fell close on Joe’s face. He laughed shallowly, shaking his head a few times. The shower began on the other side of the door.

Joe stepped away from the door and shoved his left hand into the pocket of his jeans. Upon entering the kitchen, he would hear Autumn’s voice in a droned tone from across the way. He watched Autumn as her hand ran through her dark hair to removed her bangs from her eyes. Her legs were crossed legged on the seat of the chair and her back was slightly slouched. Her right hand scribbled down information that was being given to her from the other line.

The corner of Joe’s lips started to quiver into a smile as he saw her feeling normal but he just couldn’t shake what Storm had told him moments before. His fingers tightened around the stainless steel handle of the fridge. He pulled opened the door and stole a few grapes from the bowl placed on the shelf in the fridge. He twisted the cap off the bottle of Strawberry Banana Fuze.

“I just made the best deal of my life!” Autumn stood, raising her hands in the air for a fist pump. “Alicia Keys is officially going to talk about her baby and her engagement in my magazine. This is just fantastic!”

Joe smiled lightly, sipping his drink. “That’s amazing, A.”

“Yeah...” Autumn’s smiled disappeared from her face. “Are you alright?” She asked, her feet moving her closer to Joe.

“Yeah, I’ve just got a few things on my mind. Don’t worry about it.” He forced his smile with the whites of his teeth shining brightly. It worked well enough so another smile would appear long Autumn’s lips.

“Okay, if you say so.” Autumn’s arms wrapped around his built torso and buried her head into his chest.

Joe sighed shallowly, inaudible for anyone to hear. His arms automatically returned the embracement and he began to stroke her hair. He rubbed the ends of her hair between his fingers tips, noticing the smooth texture of it.

He wanted her, he really did. He wanted to hold her in his arms every night, telling her that the sun would shine the next day to make her day brighter. Everything felt right, this moment felt right. It was right for him, but was it right for her?

“I know you said you didn’t really want to go out into the public to get the paparazzi on our ass, but I just thought—“

“You want to take me out on a date.” Autumn breathed out. “Joe, I-I don’t know...”

“Right. Haha, what was I thinking? That will only make things worse for you.” Joe pulled himself away from Autumn, taking steps back.

“Joe, I—“

“Just forget it, A.”

“Joe! Would you shut up for a goddam second and let me finish what I was going to say?” Autumn’s voice broke out loudly. Joe stopped his next sentence, waiting for her to finish. “As I was saying, I don’t know if they’ll let me in any fancy restaurant with pyjama pants and an old band t-shirt.”

Joe stood confused as he rested the bottle of juice on the counter, turning his attention to Autumn. Her face was smooth with a set smile.

“Wait... what?”

“You’re lucky you’re cute.” Autumn patted Joe’s cheek. “Pick me up around seven?”

Joe blinked. “Ugh, yeah. But fancy was out of the question, I was really thinking just some ice cream and a movie where I bought out the theatre for the night or walk around the pier. I figured you’d want just to hang out, rather than get all dolled up for an hour and a half of your live while eating overpriced chicken that I could make for free.”

“Oh. Well you’re in luck then because I’m not one for fancy events. My job is high maintenance, not me.”

“So did she say yes?” Storm walked in with a towel wrapped around her body and drying her hair with another towel.

“Erm, Storm, why don’t you go put some clothes on. As much as I like this scene of having two pretty girls in my house, I do not want someone to walk in here and get the wrong impression.” Joe chuckled and winked.

“You’re such a pig, Joseph.” Storm scoffed. “Is someone going to answer my question?”

“I said yes, Storm.” Autumn giggled with a tinge of pink touching her cheeks.

“Awwwe! This is exciting!” Storm gathered the two of them into a group hug. “Oh shit...”

“Oh shit?” Joe questioned in the embrace.

“Uh....”

“Oh my God.” Autumn busted out into laughter. “Tell me it did not.”

“But it did.” Storm blinked.

“What? It did not did what?” Joe asked.

“Err, it’d be best if you two did not move from this position seeing as how my towel has decided to fall from its not so secure position.”

“Oh my God!” Joe screamed and jumped back.

“Joe! I told you not to move, you dumb fuck!” Storm shouted.

“Joe? Joe are you here?!” The front door swung open fully and the sound of Nick’s voice boomed throughout the house.

“Are you fucking kidding me?” Storm hissed. “This would happen to me.”

“Joe...? What the fuck is going on in here?!” Nick dropped the cups of Starbucks in his hand. They landed on the ground with a smash and the brown, steamy liquid spilling all across the hardwood floor.

Storm panicked, frozen in place. Autumn quickly picked up the towel and wrapped it around Storm. Nick’s eyes glared from Storm to Joe in a matter of seconds.

“Nick. Nick, calm down this really isn’t what it looks like. Storm just took a shower and she congratulated Joe and I because we’re going on a date but her towel fell when she was hugging us.” Autumn explained quickly, standing in between Storm, Joe and Nick so a fight didn’t break out.

“Really Autry, is that what I’m supposed to believe with Joe standing right there?”

“Uh yeah, why the fuck would I lie to you? Why would Joe lie to you? You’re the one that almost killed my best friend, your girlfriend!”

“It was an accident! I told Storm I was sorry!” Nick spat at Autumn.

“Yet you left her on the side of the fucking road drenched from the rain. Oh that’s real mature, Nicholas. Real fucking mature, if you ask me.”

“No one was even asking you, Autumn. Step off, bitch.”

Gasps flew around the room. Autumn laughed hoarsely and licked her lips, shaking her head.

“You... Oh, you. You need an attitude check and fast. Knowing Storm, she wouldn’t wait for you if you keep being a selfish, egotistical son of a bitch. She knows you better than that, I know you better than that, and hell your fucking dog knows you better than that!”

“Why don’t you go look in a fucking mirror, Autumn. You and me, we’re not so different.” Nick voice was challenging back to Autumn’s, this time with more force.

“Enough! Both of you.” Storm pushed Nick and Autumn away from each other. “For fuck sakes, you’re both just... Ugh! Enough. Autumn, this is mine and Nick’s problem and I know you’re trying to help but him and I will deal with it. Please, stop.”

Autumn nodded reluctantly and walked over to Joe’s side.

“And you,” Storm turned and narrowed her eyes at Nick. “Don’t you dare call my best friend a bitch when she is just trying to protect me. But she’s right; you do need an attitude check. I don’t know who you are anymore. The Nick right now isn’t the Nick that I fell in love with instantly. If you see him, tell him that Storm will be waiting but not forever.”

Nick gulped loudly watching Storm exit the dining room and running up the stairs. She slammed the door in the room she walked into. Nick licked his lips and closed his eyes.

“I’d best be going then. Sorry about the floor, Joe.” Nick turned on his heel, making his way for the front door. Joe took a step forward, the want in him to stop his brother. However, Autumn held him back. It was for the best.

All the right friends in all the wrong places.
We’re going down.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay for more drama! Well, I suppose if you like drama in stories, that is.
So what do you think Nick will do? And how about that date wit A&J?
Make a comment, spread the story! :)