Status: Last Update: October 23rd, 2010

Luck & Intuition

Hallelujah.

“WHERE IS SHE?!” Autumn screamed, her voice piercing the ears of every human being surrounding the house. The tears streamed down her face as if she were her very own waterfall. The flashing lights were too much and the voices all echoed inside her head. The familiar faces in front of her were beginning to blur from her unset vision. This was all too crazy and unreal.

Ella couldn’t be gone, she just couldn’t be.

-&&-

Storm stood at the door with her arms crossed and her face scrambled with worry and fear. She demanded herself not to let the tears fall from her eyes. She watched as Joe stroked back the passed out Autumn on the bed. A soft hand touched her shoulder; she instantly knew it was Nick. Her body automatically turned and her closed finally letting the tears fall.

“Storm, don’t cry.” Nick’s thumb traced under her eyelids to wipe the tears away. “It’s okay...”

“No, Nick, it’s not okay. Miranda took her, I looked away for two seconds and she took Ella. How could I be so stupid?” Storm choked out. “Autumn’s going to kill me.”

“No she’s not, Autumn’s better than that. Chances are that she will be mad but that’s about it. The police are going to find Ella. They have already got a lead to where Miranda took her.” Storm wrapped her arms around Nick’s mid-section, burying her head into his chest. Nick held Storm close to him, seeing Joe in the background with his own tears in his eyes.

“Where is she?!” Storm jumped back with terror in her eyes. She did not like the screeching sound of the voice that had boomed through the house. The vintage edition of Autumn appeared in the doorway. She turned and started towards Storms with the obnoxious sound of her heels clicking against the floor. Her thin hand swiftly left a red marked on Storm’s left cheek. Storm’s eyes were glaring beneath her bangs. Nick growled lowly. “Is this your watch dog?”

“No, Pearl. He is my boyfriend.” Storm muttered. The imprint of Pearl’s slap processed to be a deep red shade. “If your here about Ella, I suggest you get out before Autumn wakes. She wouldn’t want to see you.”

“Ella is my granddaughter and I have every right to be here. You on the other hand should leave because of right now this friendship you have with my daughter is over.”

“You don’t decide who she is friends with, Pearl. You never have and you never will.”

Pearl laughed and shook her head. “Oh sweetheart, you have no idea what you are saying.”

“And you have no right to walk into Autumn and Ella’s life when you haven’t been around in nearly a decade. They don’t need you.”

“Really? Well since you let some psycho capture my granddaughter, I have every right to be in their life.” Storm reversed her speech, not speaking a word. “Good, you’ve finally learn to shut your mouth when you talk.”

Storm nearly lunged herself forward at Pearl, however, she was stopped by the tight grip of Nick holding her back. Storm glared hard as Pearl walked towards the bedroom. Immediately Joe was kicked out in the matter of seconds.

“Who let the bitch in?” Joe muttered through clenched teeth.

“It’s Autumn’s mother.” Nick mumbled, taking a sip of his water bottle. Joe rolled his eyes. “How’s Autumn?”

“She’s...” Joe sighed. “She’s shaken and scared. But she’s being positive that this will all be over soon. She gave the police all the information on where Miranda could possibly be. And since she ditched her car, she couldn’t be far with walking.

“Joe, I’m sorry.” Storm spluttered. Joe looked at her and tipped his head to the side. “Miranda came to the door and she wanted to see Ella but I said know, then Ella came to the door too. But then Nick called my name and next thing I knew...”

“Storm, Storm, calm down.” Joe placed his hands on her shoulder. “Breathe, Storm.” She nodded, breathing in deeply. “I’m not mad at you. Autumn’s doesn’t hate you.”

“You don’t know that, Joe.”

“She told me.” Joe smiled faintly. Storm nodded but she still didn’t believe him. It was better to make him believe she did until she could talk to Autumn. “Everything’s going to be fine. Be positive no matter how much it hurts...”

“Hey, how’s everything going?” Kevin’s voice appeared behind Joe. Everyone smiled faintly as Taylor crept up the stairs behind Kevin. The door to the bedroom opened and Pearl gave Joe a disgusted look. Joe raised an eyebrow watching Pearl disappear to the outside world. “Do I even want to know?”

“No.”

“Joe...” A small voice came from the opened door. Autumn appeared with her head lowered and a sleek phone in the palm of her hand. “Your mom called a few times and left a voicemail.” She handed the phone over to him. Her head rose to reveal bloodshot eyes and black makeup stained on her cheeks. “Storm...”

Storm glanced up at Autumn, uneasy with the whole situation. She figured that if Autumn wanted to talk that they would do it alone and not in front of anybody.

“I don’t hate you. I never could.” She said, her voice was sincere and honest. Storm smiled weakly walking into Autumn’s open embrace.

“Promise?”

“Always.” Autumn laughed thickly.

“You should eat something. Both of you.” Nick said something finally which relaxed Storm. They both nodded as they all headed down into the kitchen. The number of polices officers had decreased as the night went on. The pizza boy was too afraid to walk up to the door which caused some humour in the house.

“I know that this isn’t the right time to say this but...” Kevin set down his pizza slice. The others stopped their motion looking at Kevin with a bit of concern.

“But...?” Nick said, egging Kevin on to tell.

Kevin smiled lightly and Taylor opened her mouth, “I’m pregnant.”

“What?!” Nick and Joe exclaimed while Storm and Autumn broke out into “Awwe’s”.

“Is it a boy or a girl?” Storm immediately asked.

“We don’t know yet. We have to wait three more weeks until we can find out.” Taylor was squirming with excitement.

“So that’s why we haven’t seen you guys in a while. Taylor was living in the bathroom.” Joe snickered and stuffed the rest of his piece of pizza into his mouth.

“You’re disgusting.” Nick commented.

“You’re precious.” Joe shot back. Nick rolled his eyes and finished off his slice.

“Excuse me, Miss Lowe, Mr Jonas.” Autumn turned in her set to face the officer that stood in the entrance to the kitchen, as well as all three Jonas’.

“He means Joe.” Storm elaborated.

“Can speak with you two for a moment?” They both nodded, leaving the room with the officer.

“I wonder what they are talking about.” Taylor whispered, taking Kevin’s extra slice and eating it. He raised his eyebrow and shook his head with silent laughter.

“Probably just an update on the investigation.” Nick shrugged, pushing his plate forward. He leaned his cheek onto propped fist. His brown eyes were sad and searching for an answer of why this could happen. Storm reached forward, locking her fingers with Nick. It seemed as if the role had switched and Storm was being the stronger one at this point. Nick smiled softly.

Joe’s voice was hushed as he held onto Autumn. Everyone rose from their seat, embracing what could be the worst. When no one spoke, that’s when heart began racing and lips began trembling. Autumn swallowed hard and removed the tears from her eyes.

“They have her.”

Storm flung herself at Autumn and tears broke the silence. Nick ran his fingers through his hair, breathing out in ease now. He walked over, hugging Joe. Kevin and Taylor enjoyed into the good news. Flashing lights shone through the door and Autumn broke out into a sprint towards the front door. Her feet missed the steps as she stumbled down the stairs and dropped to the ground. Her tiny replica ran with her little feet and laughter. Autumn arms were locked around Ella, never wanting to let her go.

“ Are you okay? Oh my God.” Autumn looked Ella all over for any markings on her body.

“Momma!” Ella exclaimed with a smile on her face. Autumn smiled poorly caused by her crying. Joe rushed in, sliding on the gravel to Autumn’s side. “JoeJoe!” Autumn released Ella as she went into Joe’s open arms. She noticed the tears from Joe eyes leaking onto his cheeks. Joe brought Autumn into the hug. Her face sunk into the crook of his neck and held onto them for dear life.

-&&-

“Thank you, officer for everything.” Joe said to the remaining officer that had been there from the start.

He smiled. “Just part of my job, son.” He looked past Joe, seeing Autumn attached to Ella. “Everything’s going to change now, for the protection of your daughter.”

“Oh, she’s not my daughter.” Joe shook his head. The officer raised an eyebrow.

“Ahh, alright. Have Miss Lowe know that we will be in contact with her in the morning for pressing charges and for the triall for Miranda Cross.” Joe nodded, walking the officer to the door. “Have a good night, Mr Jonas.”

“Thank you, you too.” Joe nodded, shutting the door. The house was quiet as everyone had picked a room and was staying overnight. Joe walked up the stairs towards Ella’s room. He smiled lightly seeing Autumn watch over the sleeping child. “You okay?”

Autumn looked up and shrugged lightly. “I’m better.” Joe nodded, taking a seat on the edge of the bed. “I’m going to sleep in here tonight, just so nothing happens. It sounds silly, I know...”

“It doesn’t sound silly. I understand, A. I’m still worried too.” Joe got up and turned off the light, he slipped into the free spot beside Autumn. His arms adjusted around her with his fingertips touching Ella’s arm. His lips pressed to Autumn’s cheek and finally the night had come to a complete close.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, here is chapter 18. I'm not sure if I like this one so much but it'll do. Yay! Everything is back to normal, I guess.

Make a comment, spread the story!