Status: Last Update: October 23rd, 2010

Luck & Intuition

Vogue.

THE MORNING SUN shone through the curtains and formed a pool of light on the floor two feet away from Autumn’s bed. Her alarm clock started to buzz and immediately her fist smacked on it to stop. Autumn groaned, pulling the covers over her body. She had a pounding headache and she felt like she had been run over by a cement truck five thousand times, no exaggeration needed.

“Autry, Spencer called. He said he’s going to be here in half an hour. I’m heading to work now.” Storm’s voice was broken up into bits, seeing as she had pieces of a granola bar shoved into her mouth. “Okay?”

Autumn raised a thumb from under the covers and rolled herself out of bed towards her bathroom. She turned on the taps to warm flowing water and splashed the water upon her face, clearing off the streaks of makeup let on from last night. She retired from her boyish pyjamas and picked out her work clothes for that day.

Autumn slipped on a frilly black skirt that stopped at mid-thigh, she tugged a gray and black blouse that had loose sections around the waist but you could still see the outline of her curves. With a few bulky bracelets and some shiny black pumps, and of course adding makeup she was ready in record time.

Autumn removed her iPhone from its charger, tossing her day planner, wallet, gum, Tic Tacs, and a small makeup bag for emergencies. Autumn made her way down the elevator to the front entrance of the apartment building to see Spencer, her driver, waiting for her beside the black sleek BMW.

“Good morning, Miss Lowe.” Spencer greeted. Autumn smiled and pecked either side of Spencer’s cheek as he opened the car door. She slipped into her seat and took out her phone, scanning over the emails and text messages that had suddenly brought her phone to life.

“Busy day ahead of you?” Spencer asked, glancing up into the rear view mirror as he proceeded to drive through the surprisingly light Los Angeles traffic.

“Every day is a busy day, Spencer. That’s the life you have when you’re the Senior Editor at Teen Vogue.”

Autumn scowled reading the emails from cancellations for appointments fifteen minutes prior to the actually appointment. She cursed under her breath as the car turned onto Wilshire Boulevard.

Spencer quickly parked the car outside the main entrance of Teen Vogue and opened the door, helping Autumn out from the car.

“Thank you, Spencer. I’ll get Lily to send you my schedule for today so you’ll know when to pick me up.”

Autumn yanked open the glass doors and strutted through the lobby towards the elevator door, impatiently jabbing her index finger at the button. When the doors opened, Autumn stepped in and hit the seventh floor button causing it to light up.

The elevator doors opened on the fourth floor, evoking Autumn to glance up from her phone to see two interns with piles of paperwork in their hands. Autumn stepped to the side allowing them to enter.

“I can’t believe we have to file all of this reports. I mean, like, when I wanted this internship I didn’t think it would be doing this kind of work. It sucks!” The redhead complained and sighed loudly.

“I know! I wanted to be working on the photo shoots. But we’re stuck with... whatever these reports are!” The brunette one replied in the same tone.

“You’re boss must be a bitch.” Autumn commented, looking at both girls.

“Oh I’ve never met her, but I hear she can be pretty nasty bitch.” The red one replied and shook her head.

“Yeah. I heard that she fired some assistant for not getting her the right Latté!”
Autumn laughed to herself and shook her head. That story was completely false in so many ways. She fired a girl because she would never show up for work on time or sometimes just not at all.

The elevator came to a halt and the doors opened to reveal a floor full of other editors and clients rushing around. Autumn stepped out and turned to face the girls.

“Welcome to Teen Vogue. I’m sure I won’t be that much of a nasty bitch.” She winked, starting to make her way towards her office.

She was greeted with many ‘good mornings’ and ‘hellos’. Now, Autumn wasn’t the one to really turn the greeting because, and let’s be honest here, someone with such high status doesn’t really need to reply to someone that is lower than them on the work food chain.

“Autumn!” Lily, Autumn’s assistant, ran up behind her carrying a Starbucks cup in her hand. “Good morning!”

Autumn smiled. She liked Lily; they were friends in high school, not the best of friends but trusting.

“Good morning, Lily. How are you? Thanks for the coffee. I really, really needed this.”

“Were you out again last night?” Lily asked, but she already knew the answer. “You and your partying, Autry. I’ll never understand it.”

“I don’t think anyone will.” She laughed and turned the handle to her office door and walked in. Autumn sighed in relief setting her bag on her cluttered desk. “What’s on the agenda today?”

“Well... Maddie called in sick, so you have to take her nine-thirty appointment.” Autumn rolled her eyes. “Then you have lunch with Chace Crawford at twelve then just the regular reports and all whenever you return.”

“So in conclusion, I have to work extra hard today with a hungover that will probably kill me?”

Lily laughed. “I’ll make sure that you have coffee and Advil on hand at all times. But we should head to the screening room. Maddie’s appointment would be arriving soon.”

“What would I do without you, Lily?”

“Um, I don’t know.”

“You just seem to make my life a little bit easier.” Autumn smiled thankfully as they departed from her office and down the hall towards the screening room. “Who was Maddie’s appointment anyway?”

“Um.” Lily flipped through the pages of her planner. “Jonas Brothers.”

“Jonas who?”

“Autumn?”

Autumn’s head shot up at the call of her name to see poodle-haired boy, Nick, rising from his seat.

Oh.

“I didn’t know you worked here.” Nick said with a half smile.

“I’m the Senior Editor of Teen Vogue.”

Did you know see me name plastered almost everywhere around this place? Stupid, dog.

Nick nodded his head. “These are my brothers Kevin and Joe.”

The other two stood up each flashing a resemblance of each other. It had to be the hair, minus the guy in the middle with short hair that wasn’t even curly. Or maybe it was their nose.

Autumn shook each of their hands and they all took a seat at the round table. Lily handed Autumn some sheets of paper with the set up for them.

“I’m Joe. He’s Kevin.” The one with the thick rimmed black glasses piped up. Autumn looked up from the paper with a lifted eyebrow. “Just so there isn’t any confusion...”

Right.

“So Maddie was supposed to be looking after you, but she called in sick just to make my job even more hectic than it already is.” Autumn started. “It says you’re going to be having a photo shoot, so if you three will follow Lily here she will show you to the dressing rooms then we’ll meet on set.

The brothers agreed and followed Lily a short way to the dressing rooms where they changed into their outfits. Autumn walked onto the recording studio set and made an announcement to the crew about what exactly the game plan was today.

“Jonas on set in five!” The photographer called out over the intercom. Autumn sat in a chair, sipping her coffee and reading over her emails again.

The brothers came out in their H&M clothes walking onto the set and getting directions. Lily stood near the set just in case any of them needed anything or a different item of clothing.

The stereo in the background began to play the radio stations as the photo shoot began. There must have been at least over two hundred shots of the group together and over a hundred shots of single photos which they were only currently on Nick while the other two waited.

“Hey.”

Autumn turned her head to see the one with the freakishly oversized glasses. Joe.
“If you need something, you can ask Lily. She’ll be glad to assist you.”

“I’m not looking for her assistance.” He replied and leaned against the wall. “You’re Autumn Lowe?”

“No, I’m Miley Cyrus.”

Joe laughed. “Funny. I’m friends with Miley and let’s just say you’re a million times prettier than she is.”

“I’m sorry. Are you trying to compliment me?” Autumn set down her phone on her lap and looked up at Joe.

“Well yes, that’s what guys like me say to pretty girls like you.”

“Pretty girls like me?”

“That’s what I said.”

Autumn laughed shallowly and stood up from her chair. “I don’t need some Pop Star coming into my work and telling me that I am pretty. I already know that I am, thank you very much.”

“Sassy, I like that.” Joe winked and smirked. Autumn shook her head and walked away to the set to pretend to watch the shoot.

“How old are you?” Joe’s voice was suddenly in her ear. She rolled her eyes and took a step to the side.

“Why does it matter?” She asked, picking at her nails.

“Well you just seem young to be a Senior Editor at a magazine company.”

“And you seem a little young for trying to pull moves on a girl that is clearly not, and never will be interested in you.” Autumn’s voice was challenging and clear cut. Her arms folded across her chest and her hazel eyes narrowed to Joe’s brown eyes.

“Touché.”

“Autumn, your car’s here for your lunch appointment.” Lily cut in. “Did I interrupt something?”

“Oh no, Lily. We just finished out conversation about how the male population has gotten more stupid as the years progress.” Autumn threw a smirk in Joe’s direction. Joe laughed and shook his head.

“Yes. But it also seems as if girls are just trying way too much to play hard to get. Oh how mankind is so degrading these days.”

“Joe on set!” The photographer called out.

“I’ll see you around, Autumn.” Joe winked again.

“In your dreams, Jonas.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Second chapter, ta da!
So, I kind of like this chapter, do you?
Comment, please.