Status: Do-over

Luna Curator

3

“No curator, you don’t know everything about yourself, there are many things we have to tell you that you wont…believe. Well not at first anyway it sounds too far fetched like one of those human movies where the heroine is in denial until she realizes what she has to do to save humanity and then…” Kaleb booms with sound effects and hand gesture's I just nod entranced by his enthusiasm.
“wait what’s a curator?” I ask shaking my head. I wonder if that really is a movie.
“wait a minute lets start at the beginning first of all though did you put a block on the house?” Larissa ask Calista who nods.
“all right shut the blinds the sun will be setting in a few minutes” Larissa commands Kaleb shuts the blind with a hand gesture. I gasp and hold my breath. “now I want complete silence I don’t want to hear a sound from the earth” Larissa says Calista nods she stand and pauses by the closed curtains. She raises her arms as if to embrace someone hands open, the room goes a shade darker than what it already is the room looks dull, lifeless. She clenches her open finger slowly into two small fists and sighs, she walks back to her seat and sits with her two fists still clenched. There’s absolutely no sound, no wind, no rain hitting the asphalt, no car tires rounding the corner, the house as well I never noticed how much noise the house let off until it was taken away… by my cousin.

“Oh my God!” I considered myself a non-believer, until recently. I sink deeper into my mom’s ugly couch that she insists on keeping because it’s broken into and holds too many memories to discard like fish bones. I’m surprised to find that my voice works and echoes off the walls.
“do not be frightened curator we can not show fear, right now you are still in a somewhat human stage but your power is obviously eager to be released” Larissa says calmly like a queen speaking to her court. Which only makes me want to appease her but I shake my head trying to see if my ears are clogged.
“pay attention she doesn’t like to repeat herself” Calista pipes up behind Larissa. Larissa roll her eyes with a faint smile. I gulp and nod.
“Lets begin with a brief history on your planet shall we, right. You curator, which means guardian, were born from the moon just as the moon itself was being born you have been around since the beginning of the moons time. Protecting the moon and the moon protecting you. You live because the moon lives and the moon lives because you live to protect it from any kind of danger. As the moon ages you grow stronger giving you power. Now, since you grew up with the moon you watched on your very happy peaceful planet how other planets perished and died out. This saddened you and so you created a court of planets that until recently we thought were on our side, but we leave for 17 years and they corrupt and more than half the court has betrayed us which brings me to my next topic. Betrayed us to who, you must be thinking, well some more history but not on you. Way before the moon even thought about creating itself into existence a planet was growing aging along with it was its curator, he was a a tainted curator. As he was being made a black hole washed the planet over he was born in the black hole, he has never told anyone about what it was like or how he managed to get his planet out of the black hole. What we know is that he is evil and holds the essence of all the planets he’s destroyed in his ring. ” She lifts her hand and wiggles her index finger and continues.

“We have to stop him we're not sure if he's here yet but if he is he wont hesitate to kill everyone of us and proceed to destroy our planets. If he is here we have to destroy him and his planet. we went to his planet the energy it radiated was pure evil, it's core is black. we can maybe save the planet if we purify it, but in the end it's the planet that has the choice to live off the energy of death or life. Hate or love. These rings were given to us by our planets the essence of our home are inside. it gives us power when we need it and restrains it until we need it.” I look down at my ring and twirl it around my pointer finger I've never even thought about taking it off the idea sounds ludicrous. I never questioned where the ring came from before all I knew is that it was a part of me since I could remember, and I have to say that in the dulled room the rings we all wear are full of life restless almost on our fingers. She goes on.
“YOU are our boss believe it or not and we must guard you at all cost, please understand Luna Curator that we have a mission here on earth. We may look human, and have human emotions but we aren't as easily breakable. And you know this, you've always known this that's why you've distanced yourself from the Earth race. Your memories are completely lost but not your warrior conscience. Our sole mission here is to form an alliance with Terra Curator, and protect him. which we still have to find and if you could understand and accept all I have just told you it would speed things up for us” she gives firm nod. Do I believe this? The silence makes my head swim in memories of growing up with out scars scabs or bruises like the other kids although I did the same shenanigans and worse. I remember when I jumped off the swing and landed slowly on my feet, like I was flying. When a boy that was swinging next to me did it he fell on his wrist and broke it.
What if this all some sick joke? No. It's not I know it's not, even if the thought of me being an alien is completely crazy, I've always known I was different but wow I come from another planet, talk about out of this world. Ugh, I'm so lame.
“so I'm an alien?” I ask trying to grasp the idea.
“well yes to this planet you are, but that doesn't matter. What does matter is that we have to find Terra curator and with your memory gone we have to teach you how to fight again.” Kaleb sighs. I notice he's been doing that a lot but I'm not sure why, could we have been more than friends at one point?
“are you my um well were we...uh ever involved?” I ask him. He smiles and wiggles his eyebrows, I gasp and hold my breath for his answer. He laughs.
“no Em, not at all. I'm like your brother!” he booms.
“then why do you seem so sad?”
“because you don't have your memories! My little sister doesn't remember me!” I always wanted a sibling, I smile at all of them and nod.
“just give me some time I have to process all of this OK?” they all turn to each other an nod.