It's Raining in Phoenix

The Chase

I hesitated not knowing what to do. I have to follow them. I reached for my keys and just as I turned the door knob, a familiar voice called out my name. My heart ached and I turned and jogged up to the precious create I almost left home alone.

"Kathy!" I scooped her up in to my arms and hugged her tight. She giggled when I poked her stomach and I looked back at the door. I have to follow them! I set Kathy down. "Run upstairs and grab a sweater! We're going for a drive." She jumped enthusiastically and ran up the steps. I opened the door and peered my head out. My heart fell to my feet when I didn't see Declan's car. Shit. Where are they going?

Kathy came jogging down the stairs pulling her hoddie over her head. She held out her hand for me to take and I took it pulling her with me to the car. I helped her crawl into the back seat and buckled her seat belt for her. Then I hurried around to the driver's side and got inside. I reached inside my pocket and handed Kathy my phone and jammed the key into the ignition.

"Kathy, I need you to call Miranda and ask her where Kathy is going." Kathy did as she was told and asked me how to make the call. I directed her to the contacts list and she sang the alphabet until she made it to M. Then she pressed the green send button and brought the phone to her ear.

She hummed a tune waiting for Miranda to answer. I waited anxiously at the red light. "Hey Miranda! It's Kathy...I'm doing fine how are you? He's good he's here with me. Ricky wants to know where Kathy is going... Yes I'll hold." I chuckled shaking my head and the light switched to green and I drove slowly past it. "I'm still here... She went where? Ooooooh. My parents aren't going to be happy about that. Thank you Miranda. Bye bye!" I glanced into my rear view mirror back at Kathy.

"What did Miranda say?"

"She said that Jessie is going to a party." I felt some type of relief. At least she won't be somewhere alone with Declan.

"Who's party?" Kathy scratched her head thinking.

"She didn't say. She just said a party. A party on Maple.. Maple.."

"Avenue or Boulevard?" Kathy shrugged shaking her head. I groaned wanting to cry. Maple Avenue and Boulevard are both on the opposite side of town from one another. I don't wanna have Kathy bother Miranda again.

"Pick one Kathy." She hummed putting a finger to her nose.

"Boulevard!" I nodded making a quick left turn on to the freeway. God I hope it's Boulevard. We drove for about twenty five minutes before getting to the corner of Maple Boulevard. I heard some loud music playing and sighed feeling contempt. Go Kathy. I turned onto the street and saw flashing lights and wild teens partying the night away. I looked for a parking spot then turned off the car debating what to do next.

Jessie is at a party with probably a hundred other teenagers. I doubt Declan would try and pull anything with that big of a crowd. But what if there's drinks at the party and he gets so drunk that he does end up hurting her. I sighed unbuckling my seat belt and stepped out of the car. I opened the back door and unbuckled Kathy's seat belt and pulled her into my arms closing the back door and she tied her legs around my waist.

I looked over at the house where the drunken teens were coming out of to bring their party to the street. Literally. I started walking towards the house.

"Kathy, why would Jessie get in trouble for being here?" She started tugging on the hood of my sweater.

"Mom and dad told her Thursday that she wasn't aloud to come because of all the people and no moms or dads around to watch them." I nodded walking up to the porch and pushing my way inside. Kathy covered her ears wrinkling her nose at the blasting music.I ducked past the teens in the hallway and walked in to the living room.

"Do you see Jessie?" I shouted over the music. Kathy shook her head wrapping her arms around my neck.

"I wanna go home!" I nodded kissing her cheek.

"As soon as we find Jessie we're out of here." She nodded leaning her head on my shoulder. I walked past more teens some giving me looks of confusion for carrying a five and a half year on in my arms. It was stupid of me to bring her to such a bad influencing environment, but I have to find Jessie and bring her home. I climbed up a flight of stairs and checked all the room, none of which Jessie was inside of.

I climbed up another flight of stairs to the third and final floor. Less people were up here, and the music seemed distant now. All the doors were close. I gulped not liking the situation I was in. Closed door, teen party. All I know is that I better knock before entering any of these rooms. I pressed my ear against each, the sounds all resembling moans of pleasure and cries of "Faster, harder" I gagged when I leaned against the third door and heard to male voices yelling.

There was one door left and I pressed my ear close up to it. I heard a muffled voice, but I couldn't make out what it was saying. I closed my eyes focusing hard. "No.. not here. Not now." Jessie? It has to be her. I bit my lower lip and told Kathy to close her eyes. She did as she was told and I turned the door knob opening the door.

SHIT!

I felt blinded as to what I was seeing. Two guys were laying on someone else's bed, one half naked the other fully. I cursed myself saying sorry a good twenty times before I closed the door and told Kathy she would have been scared for life if she didn't keep her eyes closed like I told her to. She giggled patting my head.

I walked back downstairs to the first floor and peaked inside the living room once more. I didn't see Jessie anywhere. We took a short cut through the kitchen to get outside, but that's when I saw Jessie sitting on the counter with Declan standing between her legs with his lips firmly pressed to hers. Her arms were wrapped around his neck and his were around her waist.

A shattered feeling came over me as I watch my sister make out with that dirt bag. Kathy shook her head gesturing with her hands a 'shame, shame' motion. This I had to laugh at before stepping up to Declan and tapping her shoulder. His lips didn't leave Jessie's. Instead he waved me off running his fingers through her hair. I rolled my eyes pulling him off her.

"Dude what the fuck!?" He said before realizing it was me. A shocked expression crept onto his face and Jessie hopped off the counter steamed.

"What are you doing here?!" Kathy pointed her finger.

"What are we doing here? What are you doing here after mom and dad told you not to come here! You had us worried sick Missy! To the car." Kathy said pointing to the door. I grinned shaking my head. Isn't she the cutest? Jessie glared at Kathy then turned her scowl to me.

"Well?" I stood my ground.

"You heard Kathy. We're here for you. You know you shouldn't go out when mom and dad specifically tell you not to." She groaned grabbing Delcan's hand.

"Whatever! I wish you were back at Uncle Marts. That way you're not here trying to tell me what I can and cannot do." She stormed off in to the living room with Declan trailing behind her. I bit my lip trying to fight back tears, but one managed to escape my eye. Kathy wiped the tear away.

"Come on Ricky. Let's go home." I nodded, and home is where we drove off to.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry this update took so long!
I meant to update this a few weeks ago, but I never got around to it
Look for updates more often
Maybe once a week, or every other week
I won't keep you guys waiting for long, promise!

Comment&Subscribe<3