Sequel: Meant to Be
Status: Complete <3 Go check out the sequel!

What Once Was, Is No More

Then and Now

May 2005

“Are we there yet? I feel like I’ve had this thing on forever.” She said trying to remove the blindfold to sneak a peek at their destination.

“Liv, don’t you dare take that blindfold off. We’re almost there, I promise.” He said, leading her by the hand.

It was the day after their high school graduation and he promised to give her the graduation present he bought her today. The sun was almost setting and the street lamps began to light up one by one. She could smell freshly cut grass and hear the wind whistle through the leaves on the trees. She smiled, thinking she knew exactly where they were. They finally stopped. She felt his fingers unlace hers, but could still sense he was near her.

A friendly smile played across his lips. He was standing in front of the girl he loved-his girlfriend, but above all else, his best friend. He stared at her for a bit, going through the details-her long dark brown wavy hair, her olive colored skin, full lips, the curviness of her body, and of course, he took off her blindfold, her beautiful green eyes. She looked around, smiling even bigger, knowing she was right.

“The park.” She whispered.

“Yup. Do you remember what happened at this park?” He asked reaching out to hold her hands.

She smirked. “Refresh my memory.”

“Well, as I recall. I saw the cutest girl sitting in the sandbox playing all by herself. And me, being the boy I was, decided to go make my move and play with her. She looked up at me with the happiest face and semi-toothless smile. I think that’s when I fell in love with her.” He told her.

“And that’s when she fell in love with him.” She said reaching for a kiss.

He smiled down at her. “So, you ready for your gift?” He asked reaching inside his back pocket.

She nodded her head. “Yeah! I’m excited to find out what it is.”

He bent down on his left knee and pulled out a black velvet box from behind. She stared at him wide-eyed and terrified. Her breathing had increased and her pulse was rising.

“Olivia Marie Adams, will you do me the honor of…” He opened the small box. “…wearing this necklace?”

“Argh! Brendon! What the hell? You fuckin’ scared the shit outta me.” She said pushing on his shoulders.

“What? You actually thought I was gonna propose to you?” He said getting off his knee.

“Gee, I don’t know. When a guy kneels down and pulls out a black box like that, what are you suppose to think?” She said angrily.

“Well, I’m not proposing. So, will you wear the necklace?” He asked smiling, taking the necklace out of the box.

She couldn’t stay mad him long. He always found a way to make her smile after getting her upset. She turned around and pulled hair to the side. He walked up behind her and gently placed the necklace around her neck, tracing kisses along the way.

“I love you.” He whispered in her ear.

Her heart melted every time he said those three words to her. “I love you too.” She whispered back.


April 8, 2010

Olivia sat in the living room of the two-bedroom apartment she shared with her boyfriend. She had just gotten done with a twelve-hour shift at the hospital and was exhausted. She started to nod off, until she heard the front door being opened.

“Hey babe. I brought Chinese.” Jason said.

She had been going out with him for three years now, since their freshman year in college. They made the bold move in moving into together after graduating. He was everything to her and her to him, at least, that’s what she kept telling herself.

“Babe, are you awake?” He asked staring at Olivia.

She shook her head to wake herself up and smiled at him. “Not really, but I’m more hungry than tired.” She said getting up and heading for the table.

“Understaffed again?” He asked taking out the take-out boxes from the plastic bags.

“Ugh. Yeah. A lot of the nurses are out sick. I got lucky to only get a twelve hour shift.” She said getting the drinks.

“Oh, don’t forget, my cousin’s coming here tomorrow. He’ll probably be here after you drop me off at the airport in the morning.”

“Glad you reminded me. Why is he coming here again?”

“Eh, he had a nasty break-up and he just wants to get away from everything in LA, especially since his birthday is in four days. He wants some peace and quiet. So I offered him the guest bedroom.” Jason explained.

“So, you’re leaving me to entertain your cousin.” She said emphasizing ‘your’.

“Oh, come on Olivia. You know I would stay if I could. He should be gone by the time I get back.”

“Should be? He’s planning to stay for a month?” She asked in disbelief.

He shrugged his shoulders. “I told him he could stay as long as he needed to. You’ll be working anyways won’t you?”

“No. I told you last week I would be on vacation and that’s when you told me you were leaving for business.”

“Oh, yeah, yeah. Well, he’s not so bad. He’s pretty laid-back. I’m sure you two will get along.” He assured her.

“Hopefully. Wait, his birthday is in four days? I knew someone whose birthday was the twelfth.” She recalled.

“Really? An old friend?” He asked after chewing his food.

“Yeah…An old friend.”
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been awhile since I've written a Brendon fanfic...
Oh, well hope you liked this little start to the story.
Comment as you see fit. It doesn't matter to me, I post when I can & I love to write so updates will come no matter what =)