Sequel: Meant to Be
Status: Complete <3 Go check out the sequel!

What Once Was, Is No More

Don't Worry

April 12, 2005

“That’s not how imagined it would be.” Olivia said pulling the sheets closer to her chin.

“Is that a good or bad thing? Because I thoroughly enjoyed it.” Brendon said lying on his side facing her direction.

She smiled as she turned to face him. “It was better than I expected.” She said leaning over to kiss him on the lips.

“Well, then that’s good to hear.” He said kissing her back. “So, ready for round two then?” He asked with a playful smirk.


April 14, 2010

Olivia opened her eyes and slowly turned her head toward the person lying in bed next to her. She smiled at him as he continued to lay there sleeping, his face buried in the pillow. She felt like what she did was so wrong, yet so right. It had been the moment she had been waiting for since he broke up with her. Last night they didn’t just have sex, they made love. Love that had been buried within for five years. She brought her hand to his hair and ruffled through it. Brendon smiled as he grabbed it and kissed it.

He opened his eyes. “I’ve wanted this for five years.” He told her.

“Wanted what?” She asked a little puzzled.

“To open my eyes and wake up next to you.” Now she was definitely in love with him.

“Brendon…” She whispered.

“Don’t worry. Worrying gives you wrinkles and you’re too beautiful for wrinkles.”

“I-I just don’t know what this means.” She replied trailing her voice off.

“Well, what do you want this to mean?” He asked.

She looked down, unsure of what to say. She knew she loved Jason, but after all this, she realized she still loved Brendon too. She sighed in defeat, unable to come up with an answer.

“You love me don’t you?” He asked.

She nodded. “But I love Jason too. I-I just don’t want to hurt him.”

“You don’t have to tell him about us. Maybe wait ‘til he comes back?” He suggested.

“I can’t do that. I’d only be doing what Kayla did to you, except she got caught.”

“Jus-just give us a chance. I’ll show you, that I’m the one you should be with.” He said locking eyes with hers.

He somehow always managed to get her to agree with him, no matter the situation. “Okay.” She whispered.

His heart filled with warmness and he reached up to kiss her. “Ready for round two?” He asked giving her a cunning smile.

“Why does that sound all too familiar?” She asked crawling on top of him.

“You won’t regret this. I promise.” He said brushing her cheek before rolling her over to be on top of her.

April 15, 2010

“Liv, stop holding on the wall, I’m holding your hand.” Brendon said as he tried to support a shaky Olivia.

“Brendon, I have to hold on or I’ll fall and I do not appreciate falling on the ice.” She said focusing her attention on not falling.

“Liv, let go.” He said pulling her away from the padded wall.

“Brendon, no! I’m gonna fall!” She yelled closing her eyes.

“Open your eyes. You’re fine, you’re skating.” He said intertwining their fingers.

She slowly opened one eye, then the other, and looked down to see herself skating. One skate after the other, gliding over the ice. She started to smile and laugh.

“See. I’d never let you fall.” He said pulling her along beside him.

Just as the words left his mouth, they both found themselves on the ice. Brendon could hear laughter coming from Olivia. She was laughing so hard, tears started to form in her eyes. Her laughter was contagious and soon he was laughing with her.

“You totally jinxed me.” She said in between laughs.

He got up and extended his hand to Olivia. She grabbed hold of it as Brendon helped her up.

“You just had to fall.” He said laughing at her.

She rolled her eyes at him as they continued to skate. She loved the feeling of being with him that went beyond love. She didn’t even know how to describe it, but whatever it was, she didn’t want to let it go.

“So, where are we going tomorrow? You have me packing to go somewhere and I don’t even have a hint, other than you won’t need a jacket.” She asked.

“Okay okay. I’ll give you one more hint. But this is it.” He said trying to come up with a hint that wouldn’t give too much away.

“I’m waiting.” She said impatiently.

“It’s somewhere you’ve always wanted to go. It’s somewhere we’ve wanted to go together.” He said glancing at her.

She eyed him. “That’s it? We’ve talked going to a lot of places together.”

He laughed to himself. “Exactly. At least you can narrow down your conclusions.”

Just as she was about to say something her phone rang. “It’s Jason.” She told him.

“Hello?” She answered.

“Hey babe. Sorry I didn’t call yesterday. Been busy.” He said.

“It’s okay. I understand.”

“Where’re you at?”

“Oh, um…Brendon and I decided to come skating at the rink.”

“Skating? Every time I suggested skating you cringe at the word.”

“I know. It’s just that he wanted to come and I didn’t want him to be alone. It was more of a favor.” She answered back.

“Well then, when I get back, we’re going skating, okay?”

“Am I sensing a little bit of jealousy?” She asked.

“No. I just think you owe me that if you can go skating with my cousin.”

“Haha okay. We’ll go skating, satisfied?”

“Yes. I gotta go. Talk to you later. Love you.”

“Bye.”

“Damn, no I love you back?” Brendon asked after Olivia hung up the phone.

“You don’t have to make me feel worse than I already do. If he knew that we used to date, he’d be back here in a heartbeat.”

“Sorry. You ready to go?” He asked heading towards the rink exit.

“Yeah. By the way, what time’s our flight?” She asked as Brendon led them off the ice.

“What makes you think we’re flying?”

“Well, all the places we’ve wanted to go to were over a hundred miles radius of Vegas. So, I assumed we were flying.”

“You were always the smart one. We leave at six.”

She raised an eyebrow at him. “Six in the morning?” She asked hoping for a no.

“That’s right. So, we should head back and get some rest.” He said with a smirk.

She kissed him. “And what’s your definition of ‘rest’?”

“You know me all too well, Liv.” He said kissing her back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ugh...Sorry for such a crappy chapter. Being sick does not help when writing, but I wanted to get a chapter out. So, where do you think Brendon is taking Olivia?